PDA

View Full Version : Tim and Manu are the Best Pair of Players in the NBA

Rick Von Braun
12-16-2004, 01:38 AM
They have been on top (http://www.82games.com/ppairs0405.htm) for the last couple of weeks now.

Team Player1 Player2 +/- Off/g Def/g Net
1 SA Ginobili Duncan +235 103.6 80.1 +23.5
2 PHO Richardson Stoudemire +220 114.1 95.7 +18.4
3 SEA Allen Radmanovic +158 108.3 91.9 +16.4
4 DAL Terry Nowitzki +147 107.4 88.4 +19.0
5 CLE James Gooden +143 101.7 90.0 +11.7

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smismokin.gif

Kori Ellis
12-16-2004, 01:50 AM
That's pretty awesome.

That #2 couple in Phoenix is pretty scary though.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2004, 01:54 AM
Did anyone check out the rest of the site? Pretty good stuff...

Parker-Barry-Bowen-Rose-Duncan

That's the third highest +/- five man combination on the Spurs roster.

whottt
12-16-2004, 02:28 AM
Did anyone check out the rest of the site? Pretty good stuff...

Parker-Barry-Bowen-Rose-Duncan

That's the third highest +/- five man combination on the Spurs roster.

It was the second highest before tonight.

And this one:Parker-Barry-Ginobili-Horry-Duncan

Has the highest winning PCT...which really shouldn't be a surprise when you think about it.

Duncan and Manu have been number 1 pair for most of the season but for the last few days Nash and Stoudamire were #1 and Duncan and Manu had dropped to #3..it's good to see Duncan and Manu back on top.....it's kinda scary that a different Sun pair is now ranked that highly...I bet Nash and Stoudamire are lurking around below the top 5 somewhere.

But anyway...all's well, thanks to Francis' brainfart we got a 3 point win over a team that hadn't won a road game against a team with a winning record all season.

We're better now.

timvp
12-16-2004, 02:32 AM
Whottt is still on this Brent Barry crap?

Kori Ellis
12-16-2004, 02:34 AM
I think Barry would have had DNP-CD if the Spurs other swingmen weren't messing up on D at the end of the quarter.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2004, 02:59 AM
And this one:Parker-Barry-Ginobili-Horry-Duncan

Has the highest winning PCT...which really shouldn't be a surprise when you think about it.

It's not a surprise, but it's definitely lost on our staff.

whottt
12-16-2004, 03:07 AM
I think Barry would have had DNP-CD if the Spurs other swingmen weren't messing up on D at the end of the quarter.

I think so too.

timvp
12-16-2004, 03:10 AM
Whottt, maybe if you go on the bench and hold Brent's hand before he enters the game, he wouldn't be too scared to perform.

:cry

whottt
12-16-2004, 03:18 AM
Whottt, maybe if you go on the bench and hold Brent's hand before he enters the game, he wouldn't be too scared to perform.

:cry

Yeah...we have such a great tradition of offensive fearlessness we have room to talk shit...Oh well, at least the Lakers aren't what they used to be, so we probably won't choke our asses off....again. But if Beno pulls a Hedo on us...just don't expect Barry to be worth a flip.

timvp
12-16-2004, 03:21 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/images/2004-2005/BKN1216_spurs4_brown_jl.jpg

Whottt's nightmare.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2004, 03:23 AM
BTW, when Orlando was going zone on our asses in the third and outscoring us 28-12, that sure would have been a great time to put in the guy we got to bust the zone.

whottt
12-16-2004, 03:25 AM
Why do you think I don't like Devin Brown? I don't get it.

Was Devin enough last season?

Just talk it now while it's early...

I remember early last season too...

Let's see...who were the shooters that would save us if Parker and Manu went cold and Bruce lost his legs back then?

Alex Garcia?
Hedo?
Robert Horry(and I definitely remember telling ya'll that he wasn't a shooter in the true sense)...

What happened?

Just be glad the Lakers are broken up...but I personally didn't like the way we looked against Detroit.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2004, 04:16 AM
One thing that bugs me you're even starting to see hesitation in Devin's shot more and more the last couple of games :(

boutons
12-16-2004, 05:22 AM
"to see hesitation in Devin's shot"

The Spur are over-passing, passing up open shots, to pass to someone who doesn't really have much better open shot. Looks kinda stupid, like a passing exhibition rather than an offense. I guess they are as spooked as Brent is and don't want to risk shooting and have Pop "Barry" them.

TwoHandJam
12-16-2004, 09:49 AM
Barry's total lack of playing time under Pop is completely justified. We all know he's sucked so badly in years past that other coaches just had to bench him. I mean, it's completely Barry's fault... just look at the trend that was developing with his stats last year. He was destined to fall of a cliff.

You losers that think Pop had anything to do with this are completely insane. We don't really need Barry anyway and he came cheap, right?
[/timvpblindedbyhisDevinmanlove]

ducks
12-16-2004, 10:07 AM
brown has not been the same since the houston game
when pop went off on him late in the game

FromWayDowntown
12-16-2004, 11:42 AM
I was concerned about Devin's hesitation on his first 4th quarter drive to the hole. He had a breakaway with only Hedo between him and the rack. Rather than going up hard, forcing the foul and looking for an and-1, Devin tried to go under, rim-checked himself and ended up turning the ball over. Would have much prefered to see him challenge Hedo and attack the rim, even if he'd taken an offensive foul.

Fortunately, when he got a second chance, he went hard to the hole, got the dunk and the and-1 at a crucial time for his team. It's a process I guess.