PDA

View Full Version : Any chance/news of Spurs Championships on HD-DVD?

TMSKILZ
09-24-2007, 11:58 PM
Was wondering if anyone knew whether the NBA/Spurs planned to transfer & release all 4 Championship discs onto a HD-DVD disc? Would be awesome.

Dave McNulla
09-25-2007, 09:26 AM
there's a problem with that. if they don't record the 99 games (or 03 or 05) in a format that is hd-dvd quality, it's hard to make championships dvd's that are in hd-dvd quality.

Reggie Miller
09-25-2007, 09:39 AM
For what it's worth, I haven't seen any NBA properties released in either HD-DVD or Blu-Ray format. (Since I don't own a player in either format, take that for what it is worth.) Sports videos are considered a "niche" product within the industry, sort of like cult '60s TV shows on DVD.

TMSKILZ
09-25-2007, 12:57 PM
there's a problem with that. if they don't record the 99 games (or 03 or 05) in a format that is hd-dvd quality, it's hard to make championships dvd's that are in hd-dvd quality.
Not true, that's why studios take the original master copies & make transfers for HD quality, that's how movies dating back to the 60's, 70's & 80's were able to be transfered & released on both HD formats. If sports videos could be transfered & rereleased from VHS to DVD in the past, i don't see why not.

I guess they're holding off until there's a clear winner & only 1 HD format standing. Oh well.

Reggie Miller
09-25-2007, 01:31 PM
I guess they're holding off until there's a clear winner & only 1 HD format standing. Oh well.

That's my understanding. Until then, they just don't sell enough of them to fool with it.