09-25-2007, 03:25 AM
That sucks...

I guess it is all Reggie Bush now...

HOOKED ON PHONICS
09-25-2007, 03:34 AM
This is bad news for the Saints.

MoSpur
09-25-2007, 09:06 AM
I honestly think that Bush will be okay now as an all down back. He isn't built like one, but something tells me he'll do fine.

Findog
09-25-2007, 09:10 AM
second time for the Deuce

Obstructed_View
09-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Get your paper bags ready.

peewee's lovechild
09-25-2007, 10:32 AM
I honestly think that Bush will be okay now as an all down back. He isn't built like one, but something tells me he'll do fine.

Bush is not an everdown back and he is going to suck it up.

But, the one who will suffer is Drew Brees. Without a running game, he'll be forced to air it out more, which means there will be plenty more interceptions in his future.

samikeyp
09-25-2007, 10:50 AM
I tend to agree with peewee...which just doesn't feel right. :)

I think Bush is a special player because of the various roles he can play on a team but I don't think he will be successful as a "run it 25 times" RB.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Aints are done. Stick a fucking fork in them. They are finished. Start thinking about the draft and next season because it starts right now. Oh and Reggie Bush is an overrated piece of shit who isnt going to do all that great in the NFL. They had their special season from the Katrina disaster but that is about it.

BacktoBasics
09-25-2007, 01:42 PM
The third string back isn't god aweful. Not to mention there are other ways for this team to be successful on offense, they don't have to run the ball 35 times to win.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-25-2007, 05:32 PM

exstatic
09-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Yeah, this is going to get UGLY. Brees is really struggling, and now this. They were already breaking out vintage clips of the Ain'ts bags on the telecast against the Titans. It's already being intimated that they were a flash in the pan last year. My guess is that 2010 finds them in a new city. Their stadium is 40 years old, and it would be unconscionable for the city and or state to fund a new one to the tune of probably $1B with the rebuilding that needs to happen. Shit, the state had to be arm twisted into continuing the Superdome lease and cash subsidy to the Saints until 2010 as a condition of their return and the refurbishment of the dome by the NFL.

TLWisfoine
09-26-2007, 03:55 AM
If Reggie has to be the main man then he won't be far behind Deuce.

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 08:34 AM
If Reggie has to be the main man then he won't be far behind Deuce.

If by that you mean injured, then I would have to agree.

God damn, I'm agreeing with TLWisfoine.

T Park
09-26-2007, 12:55 PM
perfect time to start wooing the Saints again.

exstatic
09-26-2007, 07:33 PM
perfect time to start wooing the Saints again.
I think a sale to an LA consortium is more in the cards than a move across I10 to San Antonio.

SA just paid that new city manager's husband, who has great contacts in the sporting world from their days in PHO, to do a survey of other sports leagues to gauge interest in SA. There was none. I believe they polled MLB and the NFL.

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 08:16 PM
I think a sale to an LA consortium is more in the cards than a move across I10 to San Antonio.

LA withdrew from any future consideration for a football franchise. They made the announcement last year. They're concentrating on the Lakers and, strangely enough, USC. They no longer have any interest in coughing up money to make renovations to the Colliseum and don't want to build a new stadium.

Regardless of whatever the city managers hermaphodite lover may say, there's nothing to lose by making a push for an NFL franchise. Besides, McCombs said that he'll put money up to be a minority owner in a new franchise and he's Tom Benson's butt buddy.

So, don't count out a San Antonio football team.

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 08:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see them in Anaheim.

Whisky Dog
09-26-2007, 09:02 PM
It's Stecker time!!

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 09:07 PM
It's Stecker time!!

Since Steven Jackson is out for at least a week, I think I'll pick him up as my fantasy RB. There's no one else available.

TLWisfoine
09-27-2007, 01:25 AM
If by that you mean injured, then I would have to agree.

God damn, I'm agreeing with TLWisfoine.

Well you're finally on the right side of things. Now I'm sure you're going to go fuck it up in a later topic and disagree with me.

peewee's lovechild
09-27-2007, 08:20 AM
Well you're finally on the right side of things. Now I'm sure you're going to go fuck it up in a later topic and disagree with me.

I disagree with this statement.

samikeyp
09-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Was this the same knee he hurt before?

johnsmith
09-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Was this the same knee he hurt before?

Nope

exstatic
09-29-2007, 11:16 AM
I think the NFL would actually pay for a stadium to have a team in the LA market, and would pay the Saint's moving expenses, and any other damn thing they wanted. OTOH, it may be the Chargers moving back to LA after 40 something years. SD is broker than Shaunie O'Neal is about to be, and won't be building them a stadium anytime in the next decade.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Look at the bright side. At least he didn't tear his ACL while celebrating a good field goal kick....or at least he didn't tear his ACL while being pushed away from an umpire by his coach

coulda been worse.
Now its time for some USC GREATNESS to seize the day in New Orleans.