PDA

View Full Version : Milton Bradley out for Season, thanks Blue.

TheSanityAnnex
09-25-2007, 12:11 AM
Bradley was pretty much tackled by manager Bud Black which caused a tear in his ACL. Bradley was called a fucking piece of shit by the first base umpire. Here's the video of the incident.
http://www.cbs8.com/hot_button/ (click the first link)
Do you think the ump will be suspended or fined?

Erect as a Bull
09-25-2007, 02:45 AM
That was some funny shit. Poor Milton getting picked on. :lol

Padres better watch thier back though. The Rockies and Phillies are right there.
I hope that Ump gets in trouble though.

TheSanityAnnex
09-25-2007, 07:15 AM
Padres are fucked. Mike Cameron is also done for the rest of the regular season.

ducks
09-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Bradley was pretty much tackled by manager Bud Black which caused a tear in his ACL. Bradley was called a fucking piece of shit by the first base umpire. Here's the video of the incident.
http://www.cbs8.com/hot_button/ (click the first link)
Do you think the ump will be suspended or fined?
he did not tackle him
bradley is a pussy

monosylab1k
09-25-2007, 09:49 AM
That ump oughta be suspended, but since it's Milton Bradley he'll get the benefit of the doubt. If that ump said that shit to David Ortiz or Derek Jeter, he would definitely be facing a harsh suspension.

ATRAIN
09-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Poor guy, but that WAS funny!!

BacktoBasics
09-25-2007, 10:06 AM
That ump oughta be suspended, but since it's Milton Bradley he'll get the benefit of the doubt. If that ump said that shit to David Ortiz or Derek Jeter, he would definitely be facing a harsh suspension.And thats probably why he said what he said to Milton. His word would stand up. Doubtful he would have acted the same to someone like Jeter.

Cry Havoc
09-25-2007, 11:37 AM
There is no call to ever lose your cool like that. I mean, it's a freaking game of baseball. Pay me $3 mil + per season, and NOTHING anyone says to me will cause me to go off like that. I'd be too busy loving life and playing a great sport.

That said, I AM on Milton's side. That umpire should be suspended. There is no call for them to have a place in the game other than to -make calls-. It's their job, and I do think it bears a resemblance to the Duncan-Crawford incident. Refs are cocky and think they are more important than the game.

Awful situation for all involved. I hope the ump faces strict discipline, but if you allow yourself to be that rattled by a little man in a black outfit, you had better be at church.

TheSanityAnnex
09-25-2007, 11:48 AM
the first base coach meachem said there were racial undertones in the umps comments

JMarkJohns
09-25-2007, 03:57 PM
I commented on this in the Diamondbacks thread. It's most definately a sickening situation. The ump has to be punished. You can't instigate a fight with a player. You certainly can't spew racial hate.

I feel the worst for Black. All he was attempting to do was keep Bradley away, and try and protect his player from a suspension or worse. In doing so he injured his best offensive player. Lose/lose situation for Black.

I feel bad for the Padres. They are my second favorite NL team. Never want to see them do badly. Hopefully they can right the ship and make the playoffs. Hopefully...

TheSanityAnnex
09-25-2007, 05:07 PM
It really sucks for Bud Black. First year as a manager and he was on his way to possibly leading his team to the playoffs in an ultra competitive division. The Padres have dealt with major injuries the whole season (Young, Giles, Cameron) and now has to deal with his most productive guy going down for the season. Milton's rep hurt him. He was thrown out in Arizona for looking at an ump wrong. Sucks for him, but I guess he's earned it and the refs do indeed hold grudges. I really liked Milton too.

Fuck that ump. I hope the player's union sacks up and goes after him to the fullest extent.

NorCal510
09-25-2007, 07:44 PM
shutup tsa

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 02:37 AM
unpink me kori please! I've begged you!

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Major League Baseball announced today that Umpire Mike Winters has been suspended for the remainder of the 2007 regular season for his conduct during Sunday's game between the Colorado Rockies and the San Diego Padres at PETCO Park in San Diego.

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Justice has been served, somewhat. Suspensions don't heal a torn ACL. Good thing that fuck was suspended though, he was supposed to work the Padres last series.

Marklar MM
09-26-2007, 03:07 PM
He can still work the playoffs.