PDA

View Full Version : Hedo With His Best Game Ever As A Spur?

timvp
12-16-2004, 02:05 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041209/capt.slcc10512090449.magic_jazz_slcc105.jpg

Awesome game by Hedo Turkoglu. When the Spurs needed him the most, he came through. He was a perfect 0-for-4 in the fourth quarter, after starting the game off cold ... going 3-for-4 in the first three quarters. When he had Malik Rose isolated on the perimeter, he did the smart thing of taking two dribbles and then forcing a toe on the line 22-footer. He also was money on his patented layups down the stretch.

I can't wait until the next time they play the Magic and the Spurs can bring out the secret weapon ... HIDAYET TURKOGLU.

Awesome.

:smokin

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2004, 02:07 AM
:lol

Two straight possessions in the fourth, two straight Hedo missed layups.

Athenea
12-16-2004, 03:18 AM
You're sooooooooo mean to Hiddenyet Turkoglu!!!!
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

mattyc
12-16-2004, 03:28 AM
Very glad Hegone.

Karl Mundt
12-16-2004, 04:51 AM
Yep, sure couldn't use a 6th man of the year who can play SF

mattyc
12-16-2004, 05:58 AM
and completely vanishes in important matches in the playoffs.

GrandeDavid
12-16-2004, 06:59 AM
I love all these nicknames for He Does Not, such as "Hiddenyet'... :lol

Russ
12-16-2004, 09:34 AM
No wonder Pop ran up and congratulated Hedo after the game. :)

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-16-2004, 09:36 AM
No wonder Pop ran up and congratulated Hedo after the game. :)

Probably offered him some tacos.

BigVee
12-16-2004, 09:48 AM
It is always comforting to know that there are certain things you can count on in life......family, friends, etc...but most of all that 1. Hedo cannot make a left-handed layup and 2. Steve Francis will dribble out a win for you in a close game.

SuperManu!!!
12-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Thanks to Hedo, I won some money on VBookie!!!!

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-16-2004, 01:49 PM
Timvp, that was the funniest post I've read in a long time!

:lol

violentkitten
12-16-2004, 02:04 PM
nice. cold, but nice.

wildbill2u
12-16-2004, 02:17 PM
and completely vanishes in important matches in the playoffs.

You mean like TP and Bowen and Horry and ....

Let's not use Hedo as a scapegoat for guys we like better. The whole team (outside of Devin) stunk up the playoffs last season.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-16-2004, 02:19 PM

Devin Brown anyone?

boutons
12-16-2004, 02:51 PM
"The whole team (outside of Devin) stunk up the playoffs last season"

Not true. Applies only to the 4 losses to the Lakers. Prior to that, there was a 17-game Spurs streak that included 6 playoff games.

Karl Mundt
12-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Devin Brown anyone?

He would be great, the problem is he's only 6'5''. He's much better suited as a shooting guard. He will see minutes at the SF, but with Bowen not really that big either, the Spurs still need someone who can guard the big SF's. I'm hoping Linton can become that. BTW, does anyone know the nature of his contract?

exstatic
12-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Didn't seem to bother Pop in the fourth last night. The stretch lineup was, in height order:

Beno
Devin
Malik
Manu
Tim

They didn't seem to have any problems guarding the 6'8" Grant Hill or the 6'10" Hedo.

smeagol
12-16-2004, 03:33 PM
I love all these nicknames for He Does Not, such as "Hiddenyet'... :lol
Athenea is very good at coming up with these names!

(my 500 post)

BronxCowboy
12-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Didn't seem to bother Pop in the fourth last night. The stretch lineup was, in height order:

Beno
Devin
Malik
Manu
Tim

They didn't seem to have any problems guarding the 6'8" Grant Hill or the 6'10" Hedo.

I know it's a minor point, but since when is Manu taller than Malik?

TheWriter
12-16-2004, 05:09 PM
Manu = 6'6

Malik = 6'5

exstatic
12-16-2004, 06:05 PM
Watch the games sometime, Bronx. When you see the players next to each other during a TO or on the sideline, well, damn, Tony must have grown, too. Malik is barely taller than him anymore. It's been pretty well accepted that Malik is a true 6'5".

Athenea
12-16-2004, 09:21 PM
Athenea is very good at coming up with these names!

(my 500 post)
Congrats!!!!
http://www.imperium.de/animationen/anims6/party.gif

taruky
12-16-2004, 09:45 PM
TimMVP, you can't seem to get over your Hedo hatred. What, did he fuck your mama? He's had plenty of big games for the Spurs. That shot against Rose was because the Magic needed a 3 at the time, it was reasonable. Hedo is playing well this year, he has moved on, why don't you do the same. I can't wait to see the Spurs go down again this year so I can get a kick out of watching the next scapegoat roast.

BronxCowboy
12-16-2004, 09:48 PM
Watch the games sometime, Bronx. When you see the players next to each other during a TO or on the sideline, well, damn, Tony must have grown, too. Malik is barely taller than him anymore. It's been pretty well accepted that Malik is a true 6'5".

Yeah, I admit that I haven't been to a game in person in a long time (It's a long way down there). You can't tell much on my broke-ass TV. :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-16-2004, 10:14 PM
TimMVP, you can't seem to get over your Hedo hatred. What, did he fuck your mama? He's had plenty of big games for the Spurs. That shot against Rose was because the Magic needed a 3 at the time, it was reasonable. Hedo is playing well this year, he has moved on, why don't you do the same. I can't wait to see the Spurs go down again this year so I can get a kick out of watching the next scapegoat roast.

Except when they counted.

In the playoffs. And against his old team.

Hedo's not making a return visit to SA until next season, so it's all good from our end.

exstatic
12-16-2004, 10:30 PM
That shot against Rose was because the Magic needed a 3 at the time, it was reasonable.
Except that, as timvp said, his toe was on the line. If you need the three, TAKE the three, not the long two.

timvp
12-16-2004, 11:43 PM

Good to see that Hedo's tampon is safe and sound. Hopefully you are female because your man-love for Hedo is scary.

You admitted it yourself. Hedo is a good player without pressure of the playoffs or winning games. He's a good player on a mid-tier team with no championship hopes. And I agree, Hedo can produce in that type of situation. He's a good basketball player ... he just lacks balls. No biggie, I guess.

And to show his mindset, before the game he said he was rooting for the Spurs to win the championship this season. While that is a nice statement to make about your former team, you'd think that he might be rooting for his own team ... seeing as though the Magic are one of the better teams in the Eastern Conference this season.

It just goes to show you that Hedo is missing a two particular family jewels. But it's good to see you around, Taruky. I'm guessing it's that time of month.

:hat

SuperManu!!!
12-17-2004, 08:34 AM
HEY EVERYONE!!!! Don't forget that Hedo is the MVP!!!!! :lol
So we better show some respect

taruky
12-17-2004, 07:09 PM
HEY EVERYONE!!!! Don't forget that Hedo is the MVP!!!!! :lol
So we better show some respect
Oh geez, more Argentenian humor. I missed that. :rolleyes

By the way, Hedo still has an opportunity to burn you all in a few days. I could care less where it is, Orlando would be just fine.

MosesGuthrie
12-17-2004, 07:19 PM

I doubt it was his mom that Hedo was looking at.

"Is that Cabbage I smell?" "yes Turkish ManLove potion, you likey?"

mattyc
12-17-2004, 11:58 PM
He's had plenty of big games for the Spurs.
And where did he go after the first 82?

Hegone is terribly mentally soft. Suits him to be on a team that has no pressure on it to win the championship.