View Full Version : Mark Cuban On Dancing With the Stars

angel_luv
09-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Show is on now.
Will Mark's first dance be his last? :stirpot:

:)

Sp Ginobili 20
09-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Personally, I don't want to see him go anytime soon, only so that we can all make fun of how horrible he is. For me, the show is going to be on in 2 hours, so I'll just have to see how good/bad he's gonna be!

angel_luv
09-25-2007, 07:58 PM
He is good for ratings. I am watching just to see him.

I am hoping for a good laugh, although watch him surprise me and actually be good.

angel_luv
09-25-2007, 08:05 PM
He is on now...

Oh good gosh! :lol

angel_luv
09-25-2007, 08:07 PM
He is so cheesy!
But that was kind of cute.

lurker
09-25-2007, 08:12 PM
I was hoping he'd get the cha cha. That would've been more fun.

He wasn't that bad.

kingsfan
09-25-2007, 08:12 PM
I watched just to see him fall on his face. He didn't but it was pretty funnyhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

dirk4mvp
09-25-2007, 08:14 PM
I didn't know people could be bothered to waste time watching such a shit show.

exstatic
09-26-2007, 01:21 AM
I'm waiting for him to get run so that he can jump up on the judges table and scream that there was a fix on.

:smokin

B and P Cats
09-26-2007, 04:13 AM
I didn't see the show, but it sounds like he survived? Or do we all have to wait and see? I have watched it before and it really frustrates me because they spend one show dancing and the next one doing nothing. I'll wait and see what you say about how he does. :reading

Melmart1
09-26-2007, 08:29 AM
I don't see how people can be bothered to waste time posting about a show they don't watch.

LEONARD
09-26-2007, 08:34 AM
First time I've ever watched a second of that show...I just watched Mark because I knew it'd be funny... :lol

Findog
09-26-2007, 09:08 AM
He did pretty well considering he's a beginner.

WHITE GUY OVERBITE!

monosylab1k
09-26-2007, 09:12 AM
It'd be great for Cuban to blow away the competition and become the easy favorite to win, only for Dwyane Wade to become a substitute dancer and do nothing but hop on one foot yet still manage to get perfect scores from the judges.

Hemotivo
09-26-2007, 09:39 AM
:lmao

http://www.blogmaverick.com/2007/09/25/vote-for-mark-and-kym-1-800-vote411/
http://shoutfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/markcuban.jpg
http://shoutfan.com/2007/05/17/mark-cuban-getting-his-freak-on-with-super-hot-girl/

Summers
09-26-2007, 09:41 AM

The irony of you posting this cracks me up.

As much shit as I'd like to talk about him doing the show, in all seriousness, props to embody who has to balls to do it on TV. He wasn't great, but he didn't totally embarrass himself... damnit!

Summers
09-26-2007, 09:41 AM
I'm waiting for him to get run so that he can jump up on the judges table and scream that there was a fix on.

:smokin

:lol

Slomo
09-26-2007, 10:19 AM
IMPORTANT!!!!

If Cuban wears any sort of funny oufit during this thing, could you please post pictures here? I can do all sorts of things in Photoshop but I'm lazy I like to do as little as possible to the picture to make fun of him.

So your - and Mark's - help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Sportcamper
09-26-2007, 10:23 AM
What is with the sympathy vote & all the whining about injuries...Did we really need to see Mark Cubans exposed rear end & his hip replacement scar? I felt like I was watching the Sacramento Kings during the NBA playoffs with all the excuses! :dramaquee

Wayne Newton & Cuban have no business being on that show...They both looked ridiculous....The judges padded their scores to keep them in the competition... :madrun

angel_luv
09-26-2007, 10:40 AM
I agree about all the hip injury talk. And the scar- so did not ever need to see that.

Sportcamper
09-26-2007, 11:14 AM
I thought Wayne Newton might melt under those bright lights...HD TV is not necessarily a good thing....The black hair dye, make up, face lift were very noticeable...Lets be thankful that they did not show any of Wayne’s naked body parts....

http://content.tvguide.com/NR/rdonlyres/1C79DB48-447B-4020-9C11-56C6BCF235E9/21461/070912int1waynenewton.jpg

JamStone
09-26-2007, 11:38 AM
What is with the sympathy vote & all the whining about injuries...Did we really need to see Mark Cubans exposed rear end & his hip replacement scar? I felt like I was watching the Sacramento Kings during the NBA playoffs with all the excuses! :dramaquee

Wayne Newton & Cuban have no business being on that show...They both looked ridiculous....The judges padded their scores to keep them in the competition... :madrun

Seems like in a group of D-list celebrities, there's bound to be a couple that are signed on merely to be a laughingstock for a couple shows.

But to Mark Cuban's credit, he is one of those D-list celebrities that really has no history of "performing" in front of people. With athletes and actors and entertainers, they have had some form of experience with being in front of an audience and performing under that pressure. I give Cuban props for doing something like this and not caring what people thought of it or whether he'd be clowned for it. While people like us hiding behind computer screens make fun of him, he's not giving a fuck and doing what he wants.

Props to him.

Sportcamper
09-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Well it is obvious that you did not see the show... (Why even post?) :dramaquee

For those of us that are now expert viewers...
1-Cuban should shave, (He is NOT Tom Cruise or George Clooney)...
2-Cuban should keep his tongue in his mouth... (As if he is not weird enough looking out there)
3- Cuban should practice...he was beyond awful....

Walter Craparita
09-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Didn't get to watch it b/c of class but wanted to see Cuban.

I'll watch anything as long as it is in HD pretty much.

florige
09-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Did anyone happen to pay attention on how Mayweather danced?

Sp Ginobili 20
09-26-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm actually rooting for Mayweather to win, but after watching him dance, I think he's chances of winning are slim to none. I mean, he's okay, but he dances so violently!

lurker
09-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Floyd has the energy, but not the technique.

It must've been a real blow to his ego after getting a lower score than Mark and Wayne Newton. :lol

Dalhoop
09-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Floyd had energy in spades, but he was too violent, i don't think he could pull off a waltz. The best the men had to offer (I don't count the model) was Helio. He can be a top three by the end of the show, but its time for a woman winner so no guy will get into the finals.

SpursFanFirst
09-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Taking a cue from his team, Cuban almost got kicked out in the 1st round :lol

JamStone
09-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Taking a cue from his team, Cuban almost got kicked out in the 1st round :lol

His team did not "almost" get kicked out in the 1st round. His team "did" get kicked out in the 1st round.

angel_luv
09-26-2007, 10:22 PM

Findog
09-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Well it is obvious that you did not see the show... (Why even post?) :dramaquee

For those of us that are now expert viewers...
1-Cuban should shave, (He is NOT Tom Cruise or George Clooney)...
2-Cuban should keep his tongue in his mouth... (As if he is not weird enough looking out there)
3- Cuban should practice...he was beyond awful....

I've taken ballroom dancing lessons for an extended period of time. He was okay, actually fairly decent. He's never going to be a professional dancer but for a beginner he did quite well. "Beyond awful" is not accurate.

B and P Cats
09-27-2007, 03:02 AM
Floyd had energy in spades, but he was too violent, i don't think he could pull off a waltz. The best the men had to offer (I don't count the model) was Helio. He can be a top three by the end of the show, but its time for a woman winner so no guy will get into the finals.

Actually a waltz can be hard to pull off well because the name of the game with it is "graceful". It's hard to do well. The person on that show that I have seen do it well was Emmitt Smith. I think he has been the best so far with the waltz. It was very smooth! It looked great! It can be a very telling dance as far as your dancing skills go. I have no dancing skills, but my parents were good at it, and I remember how they did it. But, then they were dancers.

SpursFanFirst
10-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Anyone else feel bad enough for Cuban to almost vote for him? Poor thing keeps getting sucky scores, and he's trying so hard.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-01-2007, 08:16 PM
They had him on all the news stations in Dallas in the last 2 days, begging people to vote for him to keep him on the show :lmao

SpursFanFirst
10-01-2007, 08:25 PM
They had him on all the news stations in Dallas in the last 2 days, begging people to vote for him to keep him on the show :lmao

Yeah. I saw a story on People.com. He was saying that people were expecting him to go, but he really wanted to stay and prove he can do this.
I'll tell you what though...it pains me to support him, but I was quite impressed by him tonight...all that hip-shaking shortly after his surgery?
I have to give him credit! :clap

JamStone
10-01-2007, 09:10 PM
He's not the worst, but he's not far off from being the worst. He does look like he's trying really hard. Too many funny faces. Does he think he's Steve Nash?

resistanze
10-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Wayne Newton needs to go home :lol

CubanMustGo
10-02-2007, 11:22 AM
You wanna see something pathetic head over to blogmaverick.com and check out all the ass-kissers there.

Cubes is embarrassing himself even worse than Sally Field did with her "you like me, you really like me" speech at the Oscars.

LEONARD
10-02-2007, 11:45 AM
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/198799.jpg

I must've missed that...

SpursFanFirst
10-02-2007, 08:20 PM
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/198799.jpg

I must've missed that...

That pic is GREAT! lol

dallaskd
10-02-2007, 08:29 PM

:wtf when??

SpursFanFirst
10-02-2007, 08:37 PM
I helped save Mark Cuban! I expect my payment now!!

LEONARD
10-03-2007, 08:14 AM
:wtf when??

It's a bit that AggiesFan does...he makes up $hit that's on Dallas radio/TV to feed to the Spurs fans here...

I know there was stuff on the Mavs website, but I haven't seen Cuban on any news station begging for votes...

SpursFanFirst
10-03-2007, 09:56 AM
It's a bit that AggiesFan does...he makes up $hit that's on Dallas radio/TV to feed to the Spurs fans here...

I know there was stuff on the Mavs website, but I haven't seen Cuban on any news station begging for votes...

I don't know about the TV station story, but there was as story on People.com a few days ago, and he was asking for votes.

The Red Hood
10-04-2007, 12:42 PM
A lot of our local newscasters (ie:Ernie Zuniga and Kimberly Crawford) are forgiving Cuban for his river walk "razz" but Chuck Miketinac said it best "He is just telling us what we want to hear, he's playing politician, why? because he wants our votes for Dancing with the Stars."

TheZackAttack!
10-05-2007, 10:05 AM
I don't see how people can be bothered to waste time posting about a show they don't watch.

Whats wrong with saying a show sucks? You've never said that before?

monosylab1k
10-05-2007, 10:11 AM
hopefuly he gets booted soon so people can just shut up about him.

angel_luv
10-23-2007, 10:23 PM
And Eliminated!

dirk4mvp
10-23-2007, 10:26 PM
hopefuly he gets booted soon so people can just shut up about him.

ain't that the fucking truth. God knows if Eva was on the show, everybody here would be hangin all over her overrated ass.

dirk4mvp
10-23-2007, 10:27 PM
And Eliminated!

It must be the best day of your sad life. :(

Kriz-Maxima
10-23-2007, 10:29 PM
awww

angel_luv
10-23-2007, 10:47 PM
It must be the best day of your sad life. :(

My life is full and happy.

In fact, I am in such great demand that I barely had the time to update this thread.

So there! :lol

Roxsfan
10-23-2007, 11:43 PM
his dance partner was hot :clap

lurker
10-24-2007, 12:08 AM
Did anyone see Mark on Jimmy Kimmel? The look on his face when Jimmy asked him if losing DWTS hurt more than the Mavs losing to the Warriors was hilarious.

He also said they haven't talked to the Lakers about Kobe, though I'm not sure I believe that.

davi78239
10-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Did anyone see Mark on Jimmy Kimmel? The look on his face when Jimmy asked him if losing DWTS hurt more than the Mavs losing to the Warriors was hilarious.

He also said they haven't talked to the Lakers about Kobe, though I'm not sure I believe that.

I know, I don't really either. Hey, I give him props because he made it that far on Dancing With The Stars. I had him out the first one or two shows.

CubanMustGo
10-24-2007, 10:18 AM
I know, I don't really either. Hey, I give him props because he made it that far on Dancing With The Stars. I had him out the first one or two shows.

And he would have been out if not for Cuban pleading for votes on blogmaverick.com, the local media (esp. WFAA/DMN) plugging the hell out of his time on the show, etc..

Props to him for giving it a go after the knee replacement, but a major :td for trying to game the system. You don't see any of the others out there asking for votes like pathetic beggars on street corners.

samikeyp
10-24-2007, 10:23 AM
ain't that the fucking truth. God knows if Eva was on the show, everybody here would be hangin all over her overrated ass.

Doesn't that include you since you are here too? :)

angel_luv
10-25-2007, 09:18 AM