PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Trade "Marion for Odom

YODA
09-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Just thought I'd post this rumor I saw.

Trade rumors might not bother Shawn Marion much anymore, because there are indications that he would welcome a deal. The locker-room reviews on such an idea are mixed. The two top trade possibilities involve Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko, who is even more disgruntled with his team, and Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom and a teammate, possibly forward Brian Cook. -- Arizona Republic

Odom would definitly be an inside presence, Nut I think they lose alot with Marion. He really is a stat monster for them. For the Lakers, Kobe gets a big name with him, but now they have no inside game. I wonder how this deal works out.

Yoda

MI21
09-25-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm in the minority and think Odom is a better player than Marion.

But, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Nash has the ball in his hands more than any other player in the league, and Odom needs to\he ball to be in his hands to be effective. Marion is good without the ball, and terrible with it. I don't see how it works for Phoenix, unless they adjust there style some, which I really don't see D'Antoni doing as he is very stubborn.

LA get a finisher and decent all around defender who doesn't need the ball. Kobe would love it because he would be able to chuck up more shots and hold the ball more :) But I'm not sure they would be any better.

da_suns_fan__
09-25-2007, 09:26 PM

But, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Nash has the ball in his hands more than any other player in the league, and Odom needs to\he ball to be in his hands to be effective. Marion is good without the ball, and terrible with it. I don't see how it works for Phoenix, unless they adjust there style some, which I really don't see D'Antoni doing as he is very stubborn.

LA get a finisher and decent all around defender who doesn't need the ball. Kobe would love it because he would be able to chuck up more shots and hold the ball more :) But I'm not sure they would be any better.

All true points.

ShoogarBear
09-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Actually, I think this trade makes a lot of sense from PHX standpoint.

Odom isn't the rebounder, defender, or scorer that Marion is, but is a much better playmaker and could prevent some of the stagnation that happens when Nash is on the bench. He doesn't demand a lot of shots like Marion and would be much more willing to be a complementary player. PHX wins in chemistry what it loses in talent.

On LA, Marion would be the unquestioned #2 behind Kobe, which would still mean a lot of shots. Just not sure how well he'd do in the triangle.

Do the salaries work, though?

picnroll
09-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Odom gives the Spurs a lot more trouble than Marion. But given his fragile ego and need for attention Lakers would be crazy to pair him with Kobe.

ducks
09-25-2007, 11:03 PM
odom would be better if he stays aggressive

SequSpur
09-25-2007, 11:04 PM
If Marion was a Spur, I would buy season tickets. He's bad ass.

ducks
09-25-2007, 11:07 PM
If Marion was a Spur, I would buy season tickets. He's bad ass.
marion sucks
he is always owned by spurs
no wonder you think he is good because in reality he sucks

SequSpur
09-25-2007, 11:08 PM
marion sucks
he is always owned by spurs
no wonder you think he is good because in reality he sucks

Go take your meds and go to bed, you're going to fail your special ed test tomorrow, dummy.

ducks
09-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Go take your meds and go to bed, you're going to fail your special ed test tomorrow, dummy.
atleast I have a test to take you have already failed

LakeShow
09-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Interesting Trade rumor. I like Odom but I have one problem with him. He's always hurt! Marion doesn't have a history of injuries that I know of. Odom has not had an injury free season in LA yet. I was willing to give Odom one more year to see if he can play a full season but I think I go ahead and make that trade and take my chances with Marion.

ShoogarBear
09-26-2007, 02:13 AM
Odom + Grant Hill = one healthy year cumulative in 2008

RonMexico
09-26-2007, 02:39 AM

However, Odom handling the ball and creating for himself a little bit out there can keep Nash on the bench and also from logging 35 mins per game, so...