PDA

View Full Version : no talk of this weekend's game from the horns?

K-State Spur
09-25-2007, 09:49 PM
are y'all looking ahead to the red river shootout?

i'll fire a shot (reminder) - poor quality video:

what was the punter thinking? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS5C7OAdEYg)

Thunder Dan
09-25-2007, 10:47 PM
I hope Kansas St. does the same thing this year as last year. Nothing against Texas, I just want tOSU to move up a spot

degenerate_gambler
09-26-2007, 08:38 AM
I'll be there Saturday.

Can't say I'm totally excited up about the game though. But it should be a good, close one. They usually are between these two.

Ballcox
09-26-2007, 11:53 AM
I know I'm not looking ahead to the ass kicking we'll probably get from ou, first conference game this weekend and it should be a good one. I still don't know what to think about this current UT team, there just hasn't been enough consistency with them to this point in the season.

I would like to see a consistent performance this Saturday, on both sides of the ball. Freeman will definitely be a weapon we have to keep our eyes on, he's capable of big plays with both his arm and legs. K State's run defense has also been very impressive, so it's another chance for our young O-line to show what they can do with the running game.

Should be a great game, and I think a close one all the way.

MajorMike
09-26-2007, 02:19 PM
I can't for the life of me see this game as being a contest.

Whisky Dog
09-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Texas will roll by double digits. They've been an unmotivated group until this last game, but this one they'll be motivated for due to last year. This group actually motivated can play with anyone in the country, and KSU is a good little 3rd tier team who won't be a match this time.

K-State Spur
09-26-2007, 02:54 PM
they couldn't get motivated for their season opener, road opener, and games against mediocre teams after people claimed that they already had their 'wake-up call'?

maybe it's not an issue of motivation...

K-State Spur
09-26-2007, 02:55 PM
I can't for the life of me see this game as being a contest.

why is that? i'm sure it's based on your vast football knowledge even though i'd be willing to bet you can't name 3 players on KSU without looking at the roster.

MajorMike
09-26-2007, 03:12 PM
You are completely correct. At the same time, not being anywhere near a UT fan, I can name 3 players that will be future 1st round picks that play for them.

Which is eaxctly the reason I don't think this game will be a contest.

degenerate_gambler
09-26-2007, 03:21 PM
they couldn't get motivated for their season opener, road opener, and games against mediocre teams after people claimed that they already had their 'wake-up call'?

it's an issue of a lack of leadership..

K-State Spur
09-26-2007, 03:23 PM
while not as much NFL talent as the horns to be certain, you'll probably be surprised how many cats hear their name called in the next few drafts.

it's a pretty solid bet that the KSU QB will be drafted before the Horns'.

But - bottom line is that NFL talent doesn't always mean much in the college game. Bill Snyder built a top 10 program for half a decade with only a handful of first round picks.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 03:30 PM

Actually I think it is. UT has played down to its competition this year with the exception of Rice. Given what happened to them in Manhattan last year along with the fact that K-State is a good team, I don't see them sleepwalking through this game. They will have to play well to win.

I would disagree with this but they are both still young and have a lot of football ahead of them. That is in no way a diss of Freeman...he is a stud.

MajorMike
09-26-2007, 03:48 PM
while not as much NFL talent as the horns to be certain, you'll probably be surprised how many cats hear their name called in the next few drafts.

But - bottom line is that NFL talent doesn't always mean much in the college game. Bill Snyder built a top 10 program for half a decade with only a handful of first round picks.

Yay for them. As always when you get your panties in a wad, you are completely spinning what someone says with reality. Great, they have some nice players. Yay they have a pretty good qb. Wunnerful, they will get some guys drafted. They just don't have much of a shot this year at UT and shouldn't have had last year until McCoy got hurt on the 1st drive of the game (and still only lost by 3). They aren't a 2 TD+ underdog on the road because people are over looking them.

I'm happy that you are sticking up for your team rain or shine, good for you. I'm glad you think they can beat anyone; outstanding. However, don't attack me or question my athletic knowledge when I am trying to add some reality in the nicest of ways. I won't be one of the guys like jgw or plunderdan or fillmoe that comes in and beats you down because your team lost; so don't beat me down for nicely saying they are going to get their asses handed to them.

Also, you are completely incorrect about your qb being taken before McCoy, so I don't know what bookie your 'solid bet' comes from, but I'll take you at 100 on that.

K-State Spur
09-26-2007, 04:53 PM
I would disagree with this but they are both still young and have a lot of football ahead of them. That is in no way a diss of Freeman...he is a stud.

I'm actually not basing that on performance. McCoy has clearly been the more successful of the two so far.

But Freeman is just about as mobile with a stronger arm and much bigger frame. He's got the kind of size/athletic ability that wows scouts. He could just be average the rest of his career in Manhattan and still be a first day pick. If he improves and becomes the player we hope he can be, it'll be easily in the first round.

K-State Spur
09-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Yay for them. As always when you get your panties in a wad, you are completely spinning what someone says with reality. Great, they have some nice players. Yay they have a pretty good qb. Wunnerful, they will get some guys drafted. They just don't have much of a shot this year at UT and shouldn't have had last year until McCoy got hurt on the 1st drive of the game (and still only lost by 3). They aren't a 2 TD+ underdog on the road because people are over looking them.

I'm happy that you are sticking up for your team rain or shine, good for you. I'm glad you think they can beat anyone; outstanding. However, don't attack me or question my athletic knowledge when I am trying to add some reality in the nicest of ways. I won't be one of the guys like jgw or plunderdan or fillmoe that comes in and beats you down because your team lost; so don't beat me down for nicely saying they are going to get their asses handed to them.

Also, you are completely incorrect about your qb being taken before McCoy, so I don't know what bookie your 'solid bet' comes from, but I'll take you at 100 on that.

i'm all for my telling me that my team is going to lose - that's what message boards are for. just give me football related reasons.

Whisky Dog
09-26-2007, 05:13 PM

It's motivation. At least 80% of it is motivation while the other 20% is coaching. They showed against TCU that when they get motivated and a bit pissed they're capable of playing top notch ball, but it took a first half beating to get them in that frame of mind. Against Arky St and UCF they had leads and coasted to where the final score ended up being closer than the game was.

One positive is that during the Rice game Mack was pissed as hell that his team gave up that score just before halftime, even though they were up by 40 points. That at least shows that they are focusing more on playing motivated all game and not waiting until crunch time in a close game to go at it. I think his players' seemingly lax comments after the UCF game pissed him off and he let them know about it. Hopefully that bodes well for the rest of the season, and I definitely think they will be motivated in the next two games at least. That OU one will be interesting as Bradford struggled a bit on the road early at weak ass Tulane, so the atmosphere of Dallas might get him rattled a bit. If the Horns come out motivated in that game it will still be anybody's game.

MajorMike
09-26-2007, 05:23 PM
i'm all for my telling me that my team is going to lose - that's what message boards are for. just give me football related reasons.

I did. UT is better. As Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville said, "That's all... I need... to know..."

K-State Spur
09-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Against Arky St and UCF they had leads and coasted to where the final score ended up being closer than the game was.

I'll take your word for it on Arkansas State. But UCF had a very real opportunity to win that game.

scott
09-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Niether program can compete with Oklahoma State, aka The Greatest Offense in the History of the Universe, so the thread is moot.

Whisky Dog
09-26-2007, 06:03 PM
I'll take your word for it on Arkansas State. But UCF had a very real opportunity to win that game.

UT had a double digit lead with only about 3 minutes left and were driving the ball and trying to coast to the win. Then Jaamal Charles fumbles and gives them a short field and they score a TD. Then they try the onsides kick. UT had that game in control, got lax, fumbled the ball, and almost gave it away.

K-State Spur
09-26-2007, 06:11 PM
And with less than 4 minutes left, UCF had the ball at midfield down by just 5 before they coughed it up.

That was a ballgame.

Ballcox
09-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Speaking as a lifelong UT fan, I can honestly say I'm worried pretty much about EVERY team we play this season. Mostly because our previous play to this point in the season has been inconsistent and piss poor at times.

Do we have great talent? Yes. Do we have potential NFL talent on our team? Yes. But this talent has not come together yet in terms of team oriented play.

If I see our O line open up running lanes to establish a consistent running game against one of the best defenses against the run, I'll feel much better.

If I see our secondary play as a unit, breakup passes and tackle well, then I'll feel much better.

If I see more of our young guys get some PT, I'll feel much better.

If I see Greg Davis quit calling fucking hitch routes and WR screen plays, I'll feel much better.

Until I start seeing some of these things I can't begin to feel confident about this team our their level of play. All I've got right now is one big fucking bag of question marks.

leemajors
09-28-2007, 02:46 PM
heard on the radio kindle and arapho will miss the game due to injury.

degenerate_gambler
09-28-2007, 03:22 PM
heard on the radio kindle and arapho will miss the game due to injury.

kindle's always hurt..

good news is that ulatoski might be back to give the o-line a punch.

leemajors
09-28-2007, 04:05 PM
kindle's always hurt..

good news is that ulatoski might be back to give the o-line a punch.
yeah he is listed as probable.

Whisky Dog
09-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Kindle was having a damn good game last week too. I really wish they could get Arakpo back.

Barbarian
09-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Texas in a blowout. K state fan has one lucky game last year and all of a sudden they think they can compete with the big boys. PLEASE. It might be close for the first half. After that K state D will wear down and Jamal will break some big runs to put the game way out of reach. Plus Limas Sweed will have career day against K secondary.
UT- 37
kstate-17

Cant_Be_Faded
09-28-2007, 06:48 PM
I don't think any of you realize how big Josh Freeman is now.

He's like six foot six three hundred fucking pounds...he makes Jamarcus look like Daunte

Barbarian
09-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Freeman is big. no doubt about that. So what? If you go back to last year and up to this year, he has had only one good game.(against Texas). And he had the game of his life at that. The longhorns wont forget what happened last year and will be ready for him. Texas will stop any running game kstate throws at them and force Freeman to throw. Which of course leads to turnovers. GAME OVER.

K-State Spur
09-29-2007, 01:08 AM
If you go back to last year and up to this year, he has had only one good game.(against Texas).

Actually, he was better against Colorado than he was Texas. And had a very good game against Oklahoma State as well.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-29-2007, 12:11 PM
6'6" 300 pounds brahh

this guy makes linebackers look like me
he's the jorvorskisskeie lane of QB's

Cant_Be_Faded
09-29-2007, 03:47 PM
jesus christ colt mccoy is a dissapointment this season

we might as well only use chiles, go vince young offense all season and we'll still end up winning the same number of conference games
with the added bonus of getting our younger more athletic personnel more playing time.

midgetonadonkey
09-29-2007, 03:48 PM
But Colt McCoy has the perfect name for a Longhorn QB.

leemajors
09-29-2007, 04:12 PM
colt should have had 4 picks, we got lucky.

dallaskd
09-29-2007, 04:58 PM
freeman>mccoy

dallaskd
09-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Jordy baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dallaskd
09-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Interception!!! wax dat ass!!!!

leemajors
09-29-2007, 05:28 PM
you know your team is highly disciplined when everyone, including receivers, breaks 3 tackles.

samikeyp
09-29-2007, 05:32 PM
ugh...and then it will be 0-2 to start conference play.

K-State Spur as our resident Wildcat.... :toast

Well done, again.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Colt McCoy is the most gutless quarterback as a sophmore that I've ever seen watching UT Football

he had the most gutsy wins i'd seen in a long time against TTech and Nebraska last season, yet, this day, against KState at home, never have I ever seen such a gutless performance from a QB.

Completely utterly gutless.
Just play john chiles god dammit we'll end up with the same shitty record and at least get this kid experience for the future

colt mccoy is being so exposed in this debacle

leemajors
09-29-2007, 05:43 PM
man snead did better than this~!

leemajors
09-29-2007, 05:46 PM
honestly, mack claps the best on the sidelines he has this year, and his team turns in this performance. very disappointing.

ShoogarBear
09-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Good to see that Mack has turned back into Mack Brown again.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-29-2007, 05:50 PM
If ther eis one thing mack brown is 3lit3 at, it's clapping on the sidelines.

IceColdBrewski
09-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Gonna be a long year for Horns fans.

Texas Bowl?

Quick Facts
Name: Texas Bowl
Date: Friday, December 28, 2007
Time: 7:00 p.m. CST
Television: NFL Network
Stadium: Reliant Stadium, capacity —70,000
Teams: Big 12 vs. Conference USA

midgetonadonkey
09-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Texas in a blowout. K state fan has one lucky game last year and all of a sudden they think they can compete with the big boys. PLEASE. It might be close for the first half. After that K state D will wear down and Jamal will break some big runs to put the game way out of reach. Plus Limas Sweed will have career day against K secondary.
UT- 37
kstate-17

:lmao

leemajors
09-29-2007, 06:11 PM
If ther eis one thing mack brown is 3lit3 at, it's clapping on the sidelines.
he holds his hands high when he claps, no matter what the score. i wonder why he even has a headset with a mic, it's never at his mouth.

K-State Spur
09-29-2007, 06:44 PM
ugh...and then it will be 0-2 to start conference play.

K-State Spur as our resident Wildcat.... :toast

Well done, again.

thank you sir. no gloating (or at least not much) - just happy for the victory. prince has made special teams an emphasis and that especially came through today.

K-State Spur
09-29-2007, 06:44 PM
UT- 37
kstate-17

good call.

Barbarian
09-29-2007, 07:03 PM
good call.

Foot in Mouth. I guess I forgot about special teams. Wow...That was an embarassing loss. Im jumping on the "fire greg davis" bandwagon. That was horrible fucking play calling. Down by a bunch and still trying WR screens. Give me a fucking break. Egg on me all you want but nobody saw that coming. Even Kstate homers.
At least OU lost. Only positive of the day.

Did UT do something to Kstates mother or something. These fuckers always find a way to ruin my season. And they only show up against Texas. Once again this will be there only significant win of the season and end up inthe freaking usedtamponbowl.

:pctoss :bang :drunk

leemajors
09-29-2007, 07:59 PM
oh, i forgot to give k-state his props. their coach came to win, mack and co came to clap.

Ballcox
10-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Much props to KState, they played a great game. I'm still pissed that I sat through a damn rain shower in the hopes that my team would wake the fuck up and start playing actual football, oh well.

It's the same shit all over again with Davis and his play calling, takes me back to the pre-VY days.

And Colt is just STARING down receivers, he's not even trying to make his progressions with reads on passing plays, he just locks on to one guy and what do you know? KState manages to get what, 4 int's? Absolutely pathetic.

We don't deserve to win against ou next weekend and I think at this point it's bullshit to even think this team has a chance at winning the Big XII South. Start playing Chiles and get some young guys more PT and regroup for next season.

Shit, at least I've still got the Cowboys to root for, can't believe all my hopes for the season go down the drain in the first conference game. :pctoss