PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 power rankings!!

ATRAIN
09-26-2007, 07:20 AM
Number 11..........Ill take that

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10437

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 08:19 AM
#4 is even better!!!

ATRAIN
09-26-2007, 08:24 AM
#4 is even better!!!

I think you guys got robbed on that!!

stretch
09-26-2007, 08:24 AM
#4 is even better!!!
I think its crap. I would take the Cowboys over the Steelers any day.

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 08:31 AM
I think you guys got robbed on that!!

We even rob better than the Texans.

You guys are pathetic.

ATRAIN
09-26-2007, 09:41 AM
We even rob better than the Texans.

You guys are pathetic.

I meant you guys should be better than 4 your moron!! I would place you guys above the Colts. I think Green Bay should be higher up too!!

midgetonadonkey
09-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Power rankings mean shit.

O-Factor
09-26-2007, 12:17 PM
ESPN's Power rankings...a bit more realistic. Cowboys at 3.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2007&week=4

tlongII
09-26-2007, 12:25 PM
The Seahawks need to beat the Niners Sunday in SF. They will be on a roll after that.

popshark86
09-26-2007, 12:48 PM
cowboys at 3, lol

playing 3 struggling teams :p:

yes my fins are struggling and you can say they are a bad team

but if we had run the ball after we took the 13-10 lead we could had beaten the cowboys

but stupid cam decides to pass the ball on every down with green and we know what happen next (5 INT) (Fumble)

half of the afc are still better than the cowboys

Romo still sucks (get that in your mind fucking Pewee, you idiot)

T Park
09-26-2007, 12:52 PM

Spoken like a true moron.

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 01:05 PM

Struggling isn't the word, they flat out suck.

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 01:06 PM

Not the half that includes Maimi.

Poopshark86
09-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Fins are badass...they just start slow and da NFL hates them cuz Shula won so much.

Miami>NFC

Poopshark86
09-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Not the half that includes Maimi.

Haha

ur a bitch...you can't even spell.

ATRAIN
09-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Here are from cnnsi

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/09/26/ranks.part1/index.html

New England Patriots
New England Patriots (3-0)
When will they lose? When they're caught in a sandwich, coming off a tough game, with another tough one ahead, and the opponent is a lesser team with a measure of anger. Cincinnati this weekend? Uh, No. Ochenta cinco will get open and come up with the big drop, as he usually does. Or Carson Palmer will overthrow him on third-and-eight. Or their special teams will make a big screwup. Don't much like that firehouse style of football they play, anyway.
2 2 Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts (3-0)
Run defense against Houston showed 40 yards on 17 carries. Last year the Texans, in two games, ran the ball 65 times for 296 yards. See why I like this team so much, but I've already mentioned this more than once this season, haven't I?
3 3 Dallas Cowboys
Dallas Cowboys (3-0)
This is a good team, but not a premium package yet. What's needed is a second wideout threat, such as a healthy Terry Glenn (will we see him this season?) and the return of their gifted left corner Terence Newman, who's almost ready.
4 4 Pittsburgh Steelers
Pittsburgh Steelers (3-0)
Still have yet to see them. Will watch them against Cardinals because strange things happen in the desert, as has been pointed out by The Flaming Redhead, who's from Phoenix, wouldn't you know?
5 5 Green Bay Packers
Green Bay Packers (3-0)
So they put Brett Favre back in a shotgun against the Chargers and said keep it short and keep it sweet and he spent the afternoon flinging it around every which way. Now doesn't this make a lot more sense than wasting time handing the ball off to mediocre runners? Got to set up the play action, I'm hearing. Play action? In the gun? Come on now. Got to tire them out with running plays, I'm hearing. You don't think spending an afternoon trying to rush a guy who's getting the ball out quickly, on rhythm, is tiring? Try it some time. So the Pack came up with the lopsided stats of 45 passes vs. 13 runs, two of which were a Favre scramble and a kneel, which makes it 11 legitimate rushes. And I e-mailed a very fine person named Nick Stamm of Stats, Inc., to find out if a team ever won a game calling fewer running plays. Yes. Two years ago, in one of those last-game-of-the-season, we're resting the varsity, type of encounters, Indy beat Arizona on 10 runs, four of which belonged to QB Jim Sorgi. The variety of Sorgi runs was not indicated. But it means a maximum of 10, a minimum of six.
6 9 Tennessee Titans
Tennessee Titans (2-1)
Albert Haynesworth is the best DT in the NFL right now. The difference is that he must be in better shape because he's staying on the field longer. There are a few new O-linemen I've already got on my all-pro check list. Vince Young is this kind of QB. You love him if you've got anything invested in the Titans; you can't stand him if you've gone on record, as I did, favoring the opponent. I mean, just when you think they have him trapped ... you know.
7 17 Seattle Seahawks
Seattle Seahawks (2-1)
Well, they beat one of my upset-special clubs, but I'll be a good sport because they played hard and some guys were hurt and stuff. I just hate it though, when the announcers say such wonderful things about how the fans keep screwing up the enemy by screaming their heads off. Now I know the people in the Northwest are nice folks because once upon a time I dated one, but can't they just politely applaud or something?
8 11 Houston Texans
Houston Texans (2-1)
They what? They went up three notches after losing? Yeah, and they would have gone up even more if they'd have tried an onside kick against the Colts, when they were down by six with 2:49 left. I mean it's logical to assume that a team as gifted as Indy can't run two measly little minutos off the clock, wouldn't you think?
9 22 Jacksonville Jaguars
Jacksonville Jaguars (2-1)
Big win over Denver, which, some folks have informed me, should have moved the Jags above the Texans. They're forgetting, of course, what happened when they faced each other. I don't forget, but are you noting that all four AFC South teams are in my top 10?
10 19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-1)
After they turned the Rams belly upwards, all I'm hearing is how the defense is back, hooray! Ein moment, bitte. They played a team with a crippled offensive line, a club that also lost its premier runner. Win at Carolina Sunday and I'll be impressed. Sort of. Maybe.

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Fins are badass...they just start slow and da NFL hates them cuz Shula won so much.

Miami>NFC

They just start slow??

Yea, they had a slow start about 10 years ago and they haven't let up since.

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Haha

ur a bitch...you can't even spell.

It's an insignificant city.
The spelling doesn't matter.

popshark86
09-26-2007, 01:24 PM

Miami>NFC

lol

pewee

Poopshark86
09-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Yea its does bitch.

its tha Miami...home of da U and dan marnio!

ur just bitchy because Miami would domninate the NFC.

ATRAIN
09-26-2007, 01:35 PM
ESPN's Power rankings...a bit more realistic. Cowboys at 3.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2007&week=4

those are the worst rankings ever

Poopshark86
09-26-2007, 01:36 PM
those are the worst rankings ever

True dat....Fins should be top 20!

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 01:53 PM
True dat....Fins should be top 20!

:lol :lol :lol

You have great comedic talent.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Its just nice to see Dallas in the top 10 for a change.

peewee's lovechild
09-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Its just nice to see Dallas in the top 10 for a change.

No shit.
I just hope we can stay up there.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Well I don't know...seeing as how Dallas has the worst QB in the league.

:lmao

SAtown
09-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Jets move up 5 spots cuz they beat the Fish at the home :lmao

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 02:03 PM
This is a good team, but not a premium package yet. What's needed is a second wideout threat, such as a healthy Terry Glenn (will we see him this season?) and the return of their gifted left corner Terence Newman, who's almost ready

That is my biggest fear...they need someone to assert themselves as the #2 WR...although Witten has been it by default so far.

popshark86
09-26-2007, 02:26 PM
who the f is poopshark86

is it pewee

popshark86
09-26-2007, 02:29 PM
cowboys are the same from last year

only thing that changed is that the NFC got suckier, (Saints and Bears)

so there so good becuz they beat

giants (not a good team)

fins (not a good team)(if they give the cowboys a rematch and give Ronnie the ball 30 times, we can beat the cowboys)

bears (grossman gave the cowboys the win)(benson, lol)

pats would destroy dallas

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 02:31 PM
giants (not a good team)

fins (not a good team)(if they give the cowboys a rematch and give Ronnie the ball 30 times, we can beat the cowboys)

So true, and the Cowboys are already planning on a Super Bowl appearance.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 02:34 PM
So true, and the Cowboys are already planning on a Super Bowl appearance.

They will be there.

Everyone gets tickets. :)

Seriously though...outside of some well-meaning, if not deluded fans, nobody with the Cowboys is putting them in the Super Bowl just yet. They are off to a nice start but it is early.

Whisky Dog
09-26-2007, 02:37 PM
cowboys at 3, lol

but if we had run the ball after we took the 13-10 lead we could had beaten the cowboys

but stupid cam decides to pass the ball on every down with green and we know what happen next (5 INT) (Fumble)

Ducks, get your sorry ass back to the Spurs forum!

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 02:38 PM
They will be there.

Everyone gets tickets. :)

Seriously though...outside of some well-meaning, if not deluded fans, nobody with the Cowboys is putting them in the Super Bowl just yet. They are off to a nice start but it is early.It wouldn't surprise me to see them there (nfc sucks harder than last year), but if they make it, they have next to no chance at whoever they are playing from the AFC.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 02:42 PM
It wouldn't surprise me to see them there (nfc sucks harder than last year), but if they make it, they have next to no chance at whoever they are playing from the AFC.

agreed

sprrs
09-26-2007, 03:07 PM
cowboys at 3, lol

They are a bad team.

J.T.
09-26-2007, 03:28 PM
If it's the Colts and Cowboys in the Super Bowl, you won't hear anything but "We whooped the Colts by 20 in preseason! Super BOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWLLLLLLLLL!" from Cowboys fans the 2 weeks before they lose to the Colts.

J.T.
09-26-2007, 03:30 PM
cowboys are the same from last year

only thing that changed is that the NFC got suckier, (Saints and Bears)

so there so good becuz they beat

giants (not a good team)

pats would destroy dallas

so by the same logic we shouldn't be surprised about the pats because they beat

jets (not a good team)(had to videotape signals to win)

chargers (too busy whining to practice)(rivers lol)

bills (not a good team)

?

I'd go for that.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 03:32 PM
If it's the Colts and Cowboys in the Super Bowl, you won't hear anything but "We whooped the Colts by 20 in preseason! Super BOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWLLLLLLLLL!" from some deluded Cowboys fans the 2 weeks before they lose to the Colts.

fixed. :)

stretch
09-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Sorry, but I don't see the Colts beating the Cowboys. T.O. and Whitten will abuse that godawful secondary (aside from Sanders, but they need him to stop the run). And Newman is going to own Harrison's choking ass. Ware and Ellis are going to be a nightmare for Manning.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 03:47 PM
I can see it happening.

The Cowboys pass D is substandard at best. Newman will probably be on Wayne then who guards Harrison? or vice versa?

I think Dallas has the talent to win the game. I don't think its a lock either way....but Indy is the Champ for a reason. That is a long way away also....a lot of shit can happen between now and then.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-26-2007, 03:48 PM
As it is, the Cowboys will not be able to defend against Indy's pass offense.

You can take away either Wayne or Harrison, but then who covers the other AND Clark.

The pass rush will have to be a lot better than it is now.

But that's almost 4 months away...

And if the Packers D keeps playing like they are, they have the talent to shut down the 'Boys offense.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Don't sleep on Clark either.

Very true.

stretch
09-26-2007, 03:54 PM
I can see it happening.

The Cowboys pass D is substandard at best. Newman will probably be on Wayne then who guards Harrison? or vice versa?

I think Dallas has the talent to win the game. I don't think its a lock either way....but Indy is the Champ for a reason. That is a long way away also....a lot of shit can happen between now and then.
I just am not sold on their defense, nor Peyton Manning as a playoff performer. The only truly good performance that meant anything that he has done came in the second half against the Pats last year. All other games, he played very average, or sucked. The other playoff games he won, against came against the Broncos and Chiefs. The Broncos simply sucked. The Chiefs had no defense whatsoever. Then the second they played a team that had any kind of pressure on Manning, he nutted up and threw 4 picks. I'm not sold on the guy yet.

And I don't feel that the Cowboys pass D is going to be substandard at all once Newman is back and healthy. He is among the best corners in the league. Harrison always chokes in the playoffs. Henry is more than good enough for Reggie Wayne. Our only real hole in the secondary is RW, but having Newman back and healthy will help cover his lazy ass up a lot.

And then I just don't see how the Colts D plans on stopping Dallas. Their offense is as versatile as anyone's in the league, and they have arguably the most unstoppable WR in the game in T.O. He is seriously going to abuse those corners and safeties.

johnsmith
09-26-2007, 03:57 PM
nor Peyton Manning as a playoff performer.

:dizzy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they win the super bowl last year?

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I think Peyton got the monkey off his back with that one. :)

stretch
09-26-2007, 04:00 PM
:dizzy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they win the super bowl last year?
Trent Dilfer won a superbowl. You going to tell me hes a premier playoff performer?

Go back and look at Mannings playoff stats. He only had one game this year with a QB rating over 80, and it was a measly 81.6.

stretch
09-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I think Peyton got the monkey off his back with that one. :)
Everyone said the same thing the first year he won a playoff game, then he fucked it all up by throwing 4 picks against the Pats.

monosylab1k
09-26-2007, 04:01 PM
guys, let's be realistic here.

The Cowboys won't be beating the Colts in the Super Bowl.

they'll be losing to the Patriots! :lol

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Everyone said the same thing the first year he won a playoff game, then he fucked it all up by throwing 4 picks against the Pats.

You are correct, then he won it all and vindicated himself.

A big reason the Colts got there was Manning....The Ravens got there in spite of Dilfer.

Although Whisky Dog said in the Griese/Grossman thread that the Super Bowl was not a playoff game! :lol

stretch
09-26-2007, 04:06 PM
guys, let's be realistic here.

The Cowboys won't be beating the Colts in the Super Bowl.

they'll be losing to the Patriots! :lol

I hate to say it, because it sounds ridiculous, but the Patriots are going to lose to the Colts again. The Pats secondary is just too weak. And I think the Colts are the ONLY team that can beat the Patriots. Because neither team can defend each other, so it will basically become a shootout. And no one is going to beat the Colts in a shootout. I see a high scoring classic, going into the 40s and 50s, with the Colts pulling out another last minute victory.

monosylab1k
09-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Manning played exactly one GOOD half of football in last year's playoffs...the second half against New England. Granted, that was the half of football that mattered most, but it didn't prove that Manning is now a consistent performer in big games. Other than that one half, his postseason run last year was rather mediocre and he benefited a huge deal from his defense turning All-World out of nowhere.

Just because Dallas beat San Antonio once in the playoffs didn't mean they could never lose again.

The Patriots had their own "Manu Stupid Foul" moment at the end of that game anyways - if Troy Brown runs his route in the right direction, the Patriots get a first down and run out the clock. The Colts deserve credit for sacking up and getting back into the game & then taking the win out of New England's clutches, but if not for one stupid mistake, we're going into this season talking about Manning still being a choker.

Must like the Mavs against the Spurs, the Colts were really not "clutch" and more just benefited from the Patriots making uncharacteristic and flat-out stupid errors. To their credit, they took advantage of every last one of those mistakes and now they've got a ring.

johnsmith
09-26-2007, 04:08 PM
I hate to say it, because it sounds ridiculous, but the Patriots are going to lose to the Colts again. The Pats secondary is just too weak. And I think the Colts are the ONLY team that can beat the Patriots. Because neither team can defend each other, so it will basically become a shootout. And no one is going to beat the Colts in a shootout. I see a high scoring classic, going into the 40s and 50s, with the Colts pulling out another last minute victory.

Either way, I'm taking the over.

stretch
09-26-2007, 04:09 PM
You are correct, then he won it all and vindicated himself.

Again, people said the same thing after him choking the Colts out of the playofs year after year. Now I'm not saying that he isn't going to perform better. I think I will. I think winning the SB has made him a lot smarter, and gotten him the experience he needs. But before I fully believe that he will show up consistently in the playoffs, he needs to show me. Last year he didn't show me anything, aside from the game against the Patriots.

stretch
09-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Must like the Mavs against the Spurs, the Colts were really not "clutch" and more just benefited from the Patriots making uncharacteristic and flat-out stupid errors.
What errors were those? The fact that they have a ridiculously overrated secondary that Manning finally figured out how to pick apart?

johnsmith
09-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Again, people said the same thing after him choking the Colts out of the playofs year after year. Now I'm not saying that he isn't going to perform better. I think I will. I think winning the SB has made him a lot smarter, and gotten him the experience he needs. But before I fully believe that he will show up consistently in the playoffs, he needs to show me. Last year he didn't show me anything, aside from the game against the Patriots.

Out of curiosity, how many super bowls must a quarterback win in order to impress you?

stretch
09-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Out of curiosity, how many super bowls must a quarterback win in order to impress you?
Who said he doesn't impress me? The guy is freakin amazing. He already is by far the best regular season QB of all time, and if he starts showing up more often in the playoffs (which I highly suspect he will), then he will be hands down the greatest QB of all time. The guy is incredible. I'm just saying that before I start calling him a great playoff performer, I want to see a few more good performances in the playoffs.

monosylab1k
09-26-2007, 04:14 PM
What errors were those?
The Reche Caldwell drop, The offensive penalty near the end of the 2nd quarter that prevented the halftime score from being 24-3 or 28-3, and of course Troy Brown running the wrong route when a 1st down would have iced the game in the 4th quarter.

The Colts took advantage of some braindead errors by NE and won the game. Props to them, but if the Patriots prevent just one of those errors, they win the game.

09-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Manning does have to do it again to be mentioned alongside Brady. He has too many horrid playoff performances to atone for to be mentioned alongside the likes of Brady as money playoff performers..

But Romo has to prove he can be consistent in the playoffs as well. He's an unknown commodity at this point and didn't exactly begin his playoff resume with a bang.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 04:17 PM

Again...yes they did...and the monkey went back on his back when that happened. Then, IMO, when he won the Super Bowl he got it back off again. He showed me win can lead his team to a Super Bowl.

johnsmith
09-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Who said he doesn't impress me? The guy is freakin amazing. He already is by far the best regular season QB of all time, and if he starts showing up more often in the playoffs (which I highly suspect he will), then he will be hands down the greatest QB of all time. The guy is incredible. I'm just saying that before I start calling him a great playoff performer, I want to see a few more good performances in the playoffs.

Fair enough. I actually agree with you on this, but I also think Manning is unfairly criticized on his playoff performances. He is scrutinized a bit more then most quarterbacks in regards to the playoffs because frankly, the guy is incredible 90% of the time. It's not his fault when his O-line breaks down at the wrong times.

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 04:18 PM
The Reche Caldwell drop, The offensive penalty at the end of the 2nd q that prevented the halftime score from being 24-3 or 28-3, and of course Troy Brown running the wrong route when a 1st down would have iced the game in the 4th quarter.

The Colts took advantage of some braindead errors by NE and won the game. Props to them, but if the Patriots prevent just one of those errors, they win the game.If we want to play the would coulda shoulda game, then I'm playing too.

The Chargers should have beat the Patriots last year. Had it not been for a muffed punt, a stupid personal foul, and a fumbled interception, all in the fourth quarter, the Chargers win. Which then means they go on to play the Colts, and since they beat the Colts the year before, that also means they win the AFC Championship game. On to the Super Bowl. And since they beat the Bears this year, of course they would have won last year. Chargers are now the Super Bowl Champs!

johnsmith
09-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Or maybe he's scrutinized because he's white.

stretch
09-26-2007, 04:19 PM
The Reche Caldwell drop, The offensive penalty at the end of the 2nd q that prevented the halftime score from being 24-3 or 28-3, and of course Troy Brown running the wrong route when a 1st down would have iced the game in the 4th quarter.
Well, obviously they were the ones that choked that game, werent they? Maybe this time, it was Peyton Manning getting in their heads, knowing that he figured them out. That's what it looked like to me. The Patriots actually looked intimidated by the Colts when they started coming back, instead of playing with the cockiness that got them there, and got them wins over the Colts 2 previous times in the playoffs in the first place. Let's not kid ourselves now, the Colts were definitely more talented than the Patriots, but they played scared, and the Patriots were not afraid of them and their offense, like other teams were. However, the Patriots defense is nowhere nearly as good as it was in those seasons, while the Colts offense has gotten better, and much smarter.

samikeyp
Manning does have to do it again to be mentioned alongside Brady. He has too many horrid playoff performances to atone for to be mentioned alongside the likes of Brady as money playoff performers..

But Romo has to prove he can be consistent in the playoffs as well. He's an unknown commodity at this point and didn't exactly begin his playoff resume with a bang.

Agreed. Right now, Brady is the measuring stick in the league. Romo has to show that he can lead his team through adversity. He started off hot last year then nose dived. He had help but, as with any team, the QB is held accountable for wins and losses, fair or not.

johnsmith
If we want to play the would coulda shoulda game, then I'm playing too.

The Chargers should have beat the Patriots last year. Had it not been for a muffed punt, a stupid personal foul, and a fumbled interception, all in the fourth quarter, the Chargers win. Which then means they go on to play the Colts, and since they beat the Colts the year before, that also means they win the AFC Championship game. On to the Super Bowl. And since they beat the Bears this year, of course they would have won last year. Chargers are now the Super Bowl Champs!

:lol
Sweet, I'm gonna work on something that wins the Broncos the Super Bowl for the last twenty years.

stretch
Again...yes they did...and the monkey went back on his back when that happened. Then, IMO, when he won the Super Bowl he got it back off again. He showed me win can lead his team to a Super Bowl.
Good for you. Now I want him to show me that he can consistently perform in the playoffs.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Good for you. Now I want him to show me that he can consistently perform in the playoffs.

Good for you. If that is what you want I hope you get it.

Just not at the expense of the Cowboys. :)

johnsmith
09-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Good for you.

Lot of positive reinforcement going on around here.

stretch

Good points.

The fact is, the Patriots nutted up, while the Colts showed up when it mattered most.

samikeyp

That is what makes football fun....if everyone agreed..it would be boring.

johnsmith
09-26-2007, 04:22 PM

That is what makes football fun....if everyone agreed..it would be boring.

Really? I thought it was the cocaine and whores..........guess that's just me.

monosylab1k
09-26-2007, 04:23 PM

There's a difference between a dynasty making uncharacteristic errors and a team of immature whiny bitches showing their true colors during playoff pressure time.

samikeyp

That is for the football players. :)

johnsmith
There's a difference between a dynasty making uncharacteristic errors and a team of immature whiny bitches showing their true colors during playoff pressure time.

What's the difference?

09-26-2007, 04:24 PM

It isn't just you.

- Michael Irvin

johnsmith
09-26-2007, 04:24 PM
It isn't just you.

- Michael Irvin

Damn Straight!

- Tank Johnson

monosylab1k
09-26-2007, 04:25 PM
What's the difference?
you mean Jake Plummer didn't show you that already?

johnsmith
you mean Jake Plummer didn't show you that already?

Well, that pretty much ends my argument.

Dick.

samikeyp
It isn't just you.

- Michael Irvin

Hey now!

Those weren't hookers....they were "Self-employed models"

stretch
09-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Keep in mind that all good things come to an end as well. A new season is a new season. If the past is all that mattered, then the Patriots wouldn't have been the team that choked against the Colts, who are known for choking, would they have? The structure of the Patriots is far different than it was when they were winning SBs. Their defense isn't dominant like it used to be.

TheSanityAnnex
09-26-2007, 04:27 PM
There's a difference between a dynasty* making uncharacteristic errors and a team of immature whiny bitches showing their true colors during playoff pressure time.QFT

monosylab1k
09-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Their defense isn't dominant like it used to be.
I guess you haven't seen Adalius Thomas much. Plus they'll be getting Steroids Harrison back after next week. Richard Seymour a few weeks after that. The defense is just fine.

stretch
09-26-2007, 04:33 PM
I guess you haven't seen Adalius Thomas much. Plus they'll be getting Steroids Harrison back after next week. Richard Seymour a few weeks after that. The defense is just fine.
Look at who they played. Its different playing against teams with no passing offense, as opposed to the Colts who thrive off passing. IMO, their defense is overrated, much like the Colts D was a couple years ago, when it was ranked so freakishly high. They are outscoring bad teams so much, that their opponents are forced to pass like crazy to get back into games, so they end up forcing them into mistakes, 3 and outs, and turnovers because they are not capable of passing that heavily, thus boosting their defensive stats significantly. Lets see how that defense does against offenses like the Colts.

monosylab1k
09-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Look at who they played. Its different playing against teams with no passing offense, as opposed to the Colts who thrive off passing. IMO, their defense is overrated, much like the Colts D was a couple years ago, when it was ranked so freakishly high. They are outscoring bad teams so much, that they are forced to pass like crazy to get back into games, so they end up forcing them into mistakes, 3 and outs, and turnovers because they are not capable of passing that heavily. Lets see how that defense does against offenses like the Colts.
They play the Bengals on Monday Night so after they dismantle Carson Palmer and Ocho Cinco i'll anxiously await your next excuse.

stretch
09-26-2007, 04:35 PM
They play the Bengals on Monday Night so after they dismantle Carson Palmer and Ocho Cinco i'll anxiously await your next excuse.
The only one that made any excuses was you, making excuses for why they lost to the Colts last year.

Whisky Dog
09-26-2007, 05:04 PM
The Patriots defense is old. Too many old key players. They may get banged up, or they may not. It's the same thing we Spurs fans go through with the Spurs just hoping they won't get banged up. At least in basketball you can limit minutes and go to the bench much more in a less physically challenging game as football.

J.T.
09-27-2007, 01:24 AM
Props to this guy for putting the Colts at #1 though. Patriots can keep blowing out losers, I'd rather the Colts struggle to make drives end with TDs and the defense to give up a few plays now than later... and we're still 3-0 just like the Pats. At least the Colts will get to 4-0 before the Pats do :D

stretch
09-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Props to this guy for putting the Colts at #1 though. Patriots can keep blowing out losers, I'd rather the Colts struggle to make drives end with TDs and the defense to give up a few plays now than later... and we're still 3-0 just like the Pats. At least the Colts will get to 4-0 before the Pats do :D
However, at the same time, I think the Colts need to stop getting so complacent and lazy at the end of games. They let Houston back into the game way too easily, and playing soft nearly cost them the game against the Titans. They are very lucky that Brandon Jones dropped that pass. Their lazy attitude at the end of games could have very easily dropped them to a 1-2 record. They gotta keep playing hungry. I'm sure Dungy will have that under wraps probably by this week, but that should be somewhat of a cause for concern for Colts fans, especially since every game is going to really count this year with them and the Patriots fighting for that #1 seed and HFA.

mardigan
10-09-2007, 01:04 PM
New power rankings

1 (1) Patriots 5-0-0 The Pats and Cowboys have met just nine times, so history doesn't figure to influence Sunday's game. But if it means anything (ok, it really doesn't), Bill Belichick is just 1-3 vs. Wade Phillips.

2 (2) Colts 5-0-0 Raise your hand if you figured Kenton Keith and Craphonso Thorpe (hey, no snickering!) would be integral parts of the Colts' pummeling of the Bucs. Indy has made a habit of these 5-0 starts.

3 (3) Cowboys 5-0-0 Can a kicker be rookie of the year? Nick Folk not only nailed the 53-yarder (twice) to beat Buffalo, but his execution of the onside kick was flawless. His only missed FG this season was a block by the Bears.

4 (6) Steelers 4-1-0 Want to see a textbook example of how to protect a lead? Check out what the Steelers did Sunday, holding the ball for nearly 25 of the 30 second-half minutes in their 21-0 win against Seattle.

5 (4) Packers 4-1-0 The Packers, like most teams, aren't good enough to turn the ball over five times, commit 12 penalties and still win. 'We're not a bad football team but we're not great either,' said Brett Favre after the loss to Chicago.

6 (8) Jaguars 3-1-0 QB David Garrard is doing the things that make coaches sleep easier -- basically, he's not screwing up. Garrard has yet to throw an interception this season, which helps explain why he ranks 5th in QB ratings.

7 (7) Titans 3-1-0 For the fourth time since Jeff Fisher became head coach, the Titans have started out 3-1. Good news for Tennessee: On those three previous occasions, they made the playoffs.

8 (13) Redskins 3-1-0 The 144 yards allowed to Detroit was the lowest total given up by a Redskins defense in 15 years. It helped that the Redkins enjoyed a nearly 10-minute edge in time of possession.

9 (11) Ravens 3-2-0 For the first time since their 2000 Super Bowl season, the Ravens won a game despite scoring only field goals. Injuries to the offensive line may force the Ravens to keep relying on Matt Stover for all their points.

10 (5) Seahawks 3-2-0 Will having a new lead blocker get Shaun Alexander untracked? Leonard Weaver will be the new lead blocker for Alexander now that 15-year vet Mack Strong is retiring after suffering a herniated disc in his neck.

11 (9) Buccaneers 3-2-0 If the Bucs are going to playoff contenders in the second half, they must find a solution (re: trade) to their RB injury woes. Names being mentioned by the Tampa Bay media: Vikings' Mewelde Moore, Chargers' Michael Turner, Broncos' Mike Bell.

12 (16) Chargers 2-3-0 There are confidence boosters. And then there are CONFIDENCE BOOSTERS. The Chargers got the latter in routing the Broncos and can now move into at least a tie for the AFC West lead by beating the Raiders on Sunday.

13 (15) Cardinals 3-2-0 With Matt Leinart out and 36-year-old Kurt Warner now the full-time QB, the Cards need a solid backup. But the Arizona Republic reports that that it won't be ex-Cardinal Jake Plummer, who has retired.

14 (18) Giants 3-2-0 The Giants go into Monday night's game at Atlanta having won three straight. Inconsistent play is still a troubling sign, though. Eli Manning on Sunday: 22 yards passing in first half, 164 in second half.

15 (20) Bears 2-3-0 Although the Bears knocked the Packers from the ranks of the unbeatens, just how impressive was the win? The Bears defense was steamrolled in the first half and the rushing game only produced 82 yards on 33 attempts.

16 (17) Texans 3-2-0 Will Kris Brown's five field-goal performance go down as the greatest kicking day in NFL history? It should. He nailed three from 50-plus yards, including the game-winner from 57 with one second left to beat the Dolphins.

17 (14) Panthers 3-2-0 The Panthers are in a precarious state at quarterback. Jake Delhomme is out for the rest of the season. David Carr is banged up. Undrafted rookie Matt Moore is now the backup. The phone lines will be heating up in Charlotte.

18 (12) Lions 3-2-0 Take away the fourth-quarter, 34-point explosion against the Bears, and this much-ballyhooed Lions offense has been held out of the end zone in its last 10 quarters. But hey, it can't be Mike Martz's fault. After all, he's an offensive genius.

19 (10) Broncos 2-3-0 Life figures to get worse before it gets better for the Broncos. They've been humiliated at home, have lost three straight and will come out of the bye week with games against Pittsburgh, Green Bay and Detroit.

20 (24) Raiders 2-2-0 Don't look now, but your AFC West leaders are ... the Raiders, the only team without a losing record. The next two games (San Diego, Kansas City) should provide a better picture of just how serious we should take Oakland.

21 (19) 49ers 2-3-0 The 49ers rank last in the league in time of possession, and with QB Alex Smith hurt, it doesn't figure to get better. RB Frank Gore ranks 36th in the league in yards per carry (3.6).

22 (22) Eagles 1-3-0 Only Detroit (27) has allowed more sacks than the Eagles' 19, but despite facing intense pressure, quarterback Donovan McNabb has thrown just one interception this season.

23 (23) Bengals 1-3-0 The Bengals hope to repeat their post-bye week success of 2003 (when they won six of seven after going into the bye at 1-4) and 2004 (when they won five of eight after going into the bye 1-3).

24 (25) Browns 2-3-0 The last time the Browns won two consecutive games was 2003, and they sure weren't going to do it Sunday at New England. But give the Browns credit for putting up a fight, even though, as 16-1/2 point underdogs, they still failed to beat the spread.

25 (21) Chiefs 2-3-0 How bad has it gotten in KC? Tight end Tony Gonzalez is hoping that the final-play TD the chiefs scored to avoid being shut out by the Jags is 'something we can build from.' Well, might be easier if the Chiefs had a running game.

26 (30) Bills 1-4-0 The Bills fortunately have a bye week to deal with the anguish of losing a game they should've won. But as many big plays as the Bills made against the Cowboys, Dick Jauron correctly pointed out they they needed just one more.

27 (27) Vikings 1-3-0 A tough stretch awaits the Vikings coming out of their bye week. They face four consecutive playoff teams from 2006, starting with Sunday's game at Chicago, then must travel to Green Bay in Week 10. The Vikes need to improve in a hurry.

28 (26) Jets 1-4-0 Is Chad Pennington on a short leash? The Jets quarterback has thrown five interceptions in the last two weeks, prompted some discussion that back-up Kellen Clemens should start warming up. The Jets need a turnaround. Quick.

29 (28) Falcons 1-4-0 Warrick Dunn is expected to reach the 10,000-yard career rushing mark this season. But at this rate, it won't be anytime soon. He gained just 27 yards in the loss to Tennessee, giving him 9,710 for his career.

30 (29) Saints 0-4-0 Odds are against the Saints returning to the playoffs this season. Since the NFL increased the playoff teams to 12 in 1990, just one team -- the '92 Chargers -- made the playoffs after an 0-4 start.

31 (32) Rams 0-5-0 If the Rams lose at Baltimore on Sunday, they will tie the '62 Rams for the worst start (0-6) in franchise history. And 0-7 is a distinct possibility, given that they must travel to Seattle in Week 7.

32 (31) Dolphins 0-5-0 How soon will the John Beck era begin Miami? Trent Green is out and his career may be over. Cleo Lemon is now the starter, but it's Beck, the second-round draft pick from BYU, who's pegged as Miami's future QB. The future may be now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2007&week=6

peewee's lovechild
10-09-2007, 01:25 PM
New power rankings

Yeah, Baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Poopshark86
10-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Dat's wack.

Fins are way betta than Rams, Bills, Brownz, Falcons, Jetz, Sanits and even the Chargers. Boltz got lucky at Denver....NFL hates Shannahan.

If LT was in Miami, they'd be #1.

John Beck is gonna be the next marino....Lemmon is a good backup...best Black QB ever!