PDA

View Full Version : Wvu @ Usf

NoMoneyDown
09-26-2007, 12:27 PM
I know most on this site could give a rat's arse about this game, but it could very well be the deciding factor of who wins the Big East this year (unless another round-robin loss insanity like last year occurs). Louisville has shown their "D" is just deplorable, and their new coach doesn't seem to have the "O" knowledge Petrino had to score 60+ every night. Therefore, it seems at this point to be a 3-team race for the BE championship: WVU, USF, and Rutgers.

While I think Rutgers on the road will be another huge game for the Mountaineers, they must first hurdle over the Bulls in Florida. As many know, it was USF who played spoiler last year in Morgantown by upsetting the lackluster Mountaineers and pretty much dashing their hopes for a BE championship and BCS bowl game. By most accounts, the Bulls are a little better this year and should provide a good game.

Looking at several betting sites, it appears to be a toss-up regarding both the SU action AND the point spread (currently, home team getting 7). Being biased in favor of WVU, I think they have a chance to not only escape with a win, but do so in convincing fashion. Last year, the seemingly one-dimensional White was playing injured and the team managed to pilfer the game away with costly mistake after costly mistake. This year, White has shown convincingly that he has a good arm to go with two good legs, which will spell double trouble for the Bulls' defense. Slaton is also more than capable of breaking the game wide open himself.

Here's some other interesting stats I found on one of those betting sites:

South Florida
-------------
1-6 as dogs at this point range off of back to back SU wins
1-5 as dogs after scoring 35 or more points in a game.

WVU
-----
18-1 vs conference opponent with revenge involved
8-1 as road favorites
11-2 on weekday games
5-1 vs .750 and above opponents.

Plus, there's also the "revenge" factor as WVU will definitely be playing with a chip on their shoulders.

WVU -7

degenerate_gambler
09-26-2007, 12:37 PM
This is gonna be a damn good game. I'd stay away from the sides and take the under on this one if I was a betting man.

MajorMike
09-26-2007, 02:17 PM
USF has had the luxury of flying under the radar and playing a few teams (Auburn/UNC) with name recognition that are down this year. Now they are ranked, WVa is sure as hell not going to look over them, and this is by far the best team that USF has seen this year and maybe ever. I think they are in for a rude awakening.

WVa by double digits.

Whisky Dog
09-26-2007, 02:21 PM
I know most on this site could give a rat's arse about this game

Exactly. Go with that frame of mind from now on.

samikeyp
09-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Slaton, White, Devine.

WVU.

tlongII
09-26-2007, 05:17 PM
This is a trap game for WVU. It will be very close.

NoMoneyDown
09-27-2007, 01:35 PM
This is a trap game for WVU. It will be very close.

How so?

It should be a good game. Looking over both teams' schedules thus far, I really don't see much of anyone either team has played. Yes, USF beat Auburn on the road, but as many here have even said, Auburn isn't the AUBURN of old this year. The Tigers still managed to put 23 points on USF's supposed steller defense. And WVU's offense is light years ahead of Auburns this year. Likewise, The Bulls managed a 27pt win @home vs. a pultry North Carolina team - the same team that lost to East Carolina by 3 (who WVU pasted at home just last week).

It could very well go either way, but I think WVU's offense has strengthed much more from last year than USF's defense has (along with the other things I mentioned in the first post).

tlongII
09-27-2007, 02:33 PM
How so?

It should be a good game. Looking over both teams' schedules thus far, I really don't see much of anyone either team has played. Yes, USF beat Auburn on the road, but as many here have even said, Auburn isn't the AUBURN of old this year. The Tigers still managed to put 23 points on USF's supposed steller defense. And WVU's offense is light years ahead of Auburns this year. Likewise, The Bulls managed a 27pt win @home vs. a pultry North Carolina team - the same team that lost to East Carolina by 3 (who WVU pasted at home just last week).

It could very well go either way, but I think WVU's offense has strengthed much more from last year than USF's defense has (along with the other things I mentioned in the first post).

WVU always struggles in at least one road game each year. USF is still not a well-known team and they will be playing for respect. It will be a tight game.

NoMoneyDown
09-27-2007, 02:48 PM
WVU always struggles in at least one road game each year. USF is still not a well-known team and they will be playing for respect. It will be a tight game.

Agreed - It should be a good game, no doubt.

Whisky Dog
09-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Both of these teams suck. Neither one had played anyone up to this point, and it shows. The top two or three teams in every other major conference could beat these guys. Neither one can throw worth a shit.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-28-2007, 08:41 PM
the big east...
r
o
f
l

Whisky Dog
09-28-2007, 08:44 PM
You gotta love big east football. The S.Florida QB having all the time and space in the pocket and still throwing off his back foot into double coverage getting picked was classic. Don't think I've seen anything that bad since I played pee wee football back in the day.

I won't even get started on WVU. They can be described in two words: ONE DIMENSIONAL.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-28-2007, 08:46 PM
WVU does not have any business being #5! Give me a fucking break. Playing pussy ass teams and they get too much respect. They would get raped playing teams like OU or USC. I hope they lose this game so their BCS title game run comes to an end! They play in the fucking big east. Pfffffff!!!

Cant_Be_Faded
09-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Their backfield combo is very fast but give me a break, i've seen nothing from their defense that warrants that ranking and they're go to receiver is good but overrated.

Then again, I heard fuckers sayign last week that Malcolm Kelly was the best receiver in NCAA so maybe that WV guy isn't overrated.
(L O L)

Whisky Dog
09-28-2007, 09:23 PM
I guess the Utah States and Tulanes of the college football world can make anyone look good. Malcolm Kelly best receiver, what's this world coming to?

Dirk Nowitzki
09-28-2007, 10:00 PM
WVU IS PULLING BS OUT OF THEIR ASS!! :madrun :madrun :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

Cant_Be_Faded
09-28-2007, 10:08 PM
you've got to be shitting me

Dirk Nowitzki
09-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Hey WVU...BULLSHIT DOESNT LAST FOR EVER YOU SONS OF BITCHES. GET OUT OF TOP 5 BECAUSE YOU DONT FUCKING BELONG THERE! WVU and BCS together in the same sentence is a fucking oxymoron! :clap :clap :clap :elephant :elephant :elephant

Cant_Be_Faded
09-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Kind of like "Jason White" and "Good"

leroyjenkins
09-28-2007, 10:32 PM
did anyone notice how usf stole the longhorn "horns" and the aggies "12th man." pretty much they robbed ut's and tamu's signatures.

tlongII
09-28-2007, 11:33 PM
USF and WVU are both good teams. They would beat anybody in the Big-12 outside of OU.

Borosai
09-28-2007, 11:44 PM
I attended USF, so it's nice to see them doing well as I'm always rooting for them. :clap

Dirk Nowitzki
09-29-2007, 02:34 AM
USF and WVU are both good teams. They would beat anybody in the Big-12 outside of OU.

They are good but they are not elite. WVU is anything but elite. I am glad their bcs title hopes are done. In that pussy conference they can enjoy something else.

samikeyp
09-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Slaton, White, Devine.

WVU.

Oops. :lol

Whisky Dog
09-29-2007, 10:58 AM

Sheyyyyyit. UT would smoke both of these fools because neither one can throw the ball.

Aggie with adequate coaching would beat down WVU, but possibly not USF with their run defense.

Nebraska could beat either one if they actually showed up.

TT would score a shitload of pts on either team but also give up a shitload in a shootout.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-29-2007, 12:06 PM

ROFL x twelve
dude keep on thinkin what you be thinkin

Borosai
09-29-2007, 06:40 PM
With all the losses today, USF is looking better and better. They may even break the top 10. Maybe?

tlongII
09-29-2007, 07:32 PM
ROFL x twelve
dude keep on thinkin what you be thinkin

:lmao

NoMoneyDown
09-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Sheyyyyyit. UT would smoke both of these fools because neither one can throw the ball.

Aggie with adequate coaching would beat down WVU, but possibly not USF with their run defense.

Nebraska could beat either one if they actually showed up.

TT would score a shitload of pts on either team but also give up a shitload in a shootout.

LMAO! Like last year when Louisville smoked KSU and then KSU smoked Texas. This year at least WVU got beat by a RANKED team, ON THE ROAD, and by onely ONE score. UT?

:lol