PDA

View Full Version : Are the Spurs and their fans really hungry for another ring?

mouse
09-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Is coach Pop and the team happy with what they have? or are they really hungry for another ring? are you? try to be honest, this will not reflect on what kind of Spurs fan you are.
Are the Spurs and their fans really hungry for another ring?
thank you

TxJudsonRocketTx
09-26-2007, 11:16 PM
I think its too early to be all hungry for another ring, ask again in May when the playoffs are coming around and things get really exciting.

meta2007
09-26-2007, 11:22 PM
I want Manu to get a final MVP!

phxspurfan
09-26-2007, 11:23 PM
I think TD and Pop will try their hardest to win this year and get our first back-to-back.

milkyway21
09-26-2007, 11:23 PM
not a lock but yeah :hungry:

timmy21_4rings
09-26-2007, 11:37 PM
as long as Pop is there, he will not let complacency affect the team. he will make sure team is level headed. Yes, they will be hungry and make sure it would take an extra-ordinary effort from opponent to beat Spurs if at all beaten. As long as Spurs are not beaten by themselves, I am all happy.

z0sa
09-26-2007, 11:38 PM
when youre a player, i dont think hunger is a problem...

but during the season, dont be surprised at complacency

mouse
09-26-2007, 11:48 PM
as long as Pop is there, he will not let complacency affect the team.

If that was true? then the Spurs should have had a Repeat/back 2 back win after the 1999* season.

SsKSpurs21
09-26-2007, 11:50 PM
the spurs want to prove they can win a back to back. that is the only thing keeping the haters from labeling them a dynasty.

MavTalker
09-26-2007, 11:58 PM
From what I have read so far the Spur fans at this site act like they just came back from an all night all you can eat food buffet. They are all bloated,fat,happy,and sleepy.

That's when a team like the (hungry) Dallas Mavericks wake them up from their fantasy back 2 back having dream if they think Stern will lose one more dollar $$ on a money losing small market team like the San Antonio Spurs?
wake up Spur fans, the nightmare is just about to begin

meta2007
09-27-2007, 12:05 AM
Did you vote for Cuban? He was almost out in the 1st round.

From what I have read so far the Spur fans at this site act like they just came back from an all night all you can eat food buffet. They are all bloated,fat,happy,and sleepy.

That's when a team like the (hungry) Dallas Mavericks wake them up from their fantasy back 2 back having dream if they think Stern will lose one more dollar $$ on a money losing small market team like the San Antonio Spurs?

Walter Craparita
09-27-2007, 12:07 AM

of course you get full when you don't choke on da food.

Dex
09-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Only the scoreboard talks.

And our scoreboard usually has quite the mouth on it.

ShoogarBear
09-27-2007, 12:58 AM
I'm hungry for a Whataburger.

SenorSpur
09-27-2007, 01:00 AM

Don't you worry about the Spurs yet. Your team needs to concentrate on simply getting out of the 1st round of the playoffs. So until that happens, for Mavs fans like you, your nightmare continues.

Smackie Chan
09-27-2007, 01:17 AM
of course you get full when you don't choke

:lmao

Strike
09-27-2007, 01:22 AM
If that was true? then the Spurs should have had a Repeat/back 2 back win after the 1999* season.

I'm Sure Duncan's injury had nothing to do with not repeating, right? :rolleyes

It was all about complacency. :bang

porscha
09-27-2007, 01:28 AM
I too want Manu to get a final MVP!

Demo Dick Marcinko
09-27-2007, 02:07 AM
I too want Manu to get a final MVP!

Manu is due...this could be the year!!! I'd be so psyched if that happened, arguably should have won it in '05.

Demo Dick Marcinko
09-27-2007, 02:10 AM

or maybe they just lost to a better team that year. Pop's a great coach and will be HOF one year no doubt, but doesn't necessarily walk on water.

Fast Dunk
09-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Is coach Pop and the team happy with what they have? or are they really hungry for another ring? are you? try to be honest, this will not reflect on what kind of Spurs fan you are.
Are the Spurs and their fans really hungry for another ring?
thank you

They won't get another ring!

Fast Dunk
09-27-2007, 02:33 AM
I'm Sure Duncan's injury had nothing to do with not repeating, right? :rolleyes

It was all about complacency. :bang

Here we go! the injury excuse!!!! LOL :lol

How 'bout 2004 and 2006?

J.T.
09-27-2007, 02:35 AM

Duncan hurt
.4 :wtf
Manu foul...

What unexpected thing will block our repeat this year?

Fast Dunk
09-27-2007, 02:42 AM
Duncan hurt
.4 :wtf
Manu foul...

What unexpected thing will block our repeat this year? More dumb ass excuses by a dumb ass Spurs fan

anakha
09-27-2007, 05:45 AM
More dumb ass excuses by a dumb ass Spurs fan

Pot - kettle - black, Louis... :lol

J.T.
09-27-2007, 07:34 AM

And your excuse for losing the Finals is....?

samikeyp
09-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Yes.

Oh, Gee!!
09-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Prolly

timmy21_4rings
09-27-2007, 09:18 AM

I do not think TD played in 2000 post season due to injury.

timmy21_4rings
09-27-2007, 09:21 AM

Hi, Spurs played hard and lost in 2004 and 2006...At least we are proud. What abt ur Cavs? 0-4....

smeagol
09-27-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm hungry for a Whataburger.
I'm in the mood for some sushi

VI#21
09-27-2007, 11:11 AM
If you're a Cavs fan, how did you muster the guts to come on to this site in the first place? much less criticize the Spurs? shit puzzles me....dude...you're a CAVS FAN....have nothing to say...your team shows up on the wrong end of every notable playoff series.

VI#21
09-27-2007, 11:12 AM
and mav fans.....chill out mehn. have nothin to say...really. shut up and hope Dirk sewed on some balls in the offseason.

newbiefan
09-27-2007, 12:47 PM
on championship rally,, Tim mentioned something about being ready for a repeat....I believe everything he says

ManuAddicted
09-27-2007, 01:00 PM
1st another ring... then

I want Manu to get a final MVP!

Mee tooo!!!!!

Brianna
09-27-2007, 01:02 PM
I don't see any reason for the Spurs to be hungry for another ring. In fact there is nothing left to motivate them. Another ring is just that. Another river parade? Who wants to have to sit in some hot ass river barge for two hours as wannabe spur fans yell at them? Then they have to go to that Bomb shelter of a Dome to try and be funny as they think of ways to out do last years Alamo Dome celebration.

As much as I love the Spurs I really don't see how Peter Holt can motivate his coach and his players to do it all over again. How would you motivate the jaded Spurs?

MavTalker
09-27-2007, 01:05 PM
The Spurs should just sit back and tank the season so they can get a good pick in the draft to start the rebuilding process.

phxspurfan
09-27-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm in the mood for some sushi

we have in and out down here.

saporvida
09-27-2007, 01:25 PM
i dont think it matters what team youre on or what player you are because you are always hungry for a ring... so yeah im sure the SPURS want to repeat but even if they didnt win this past season they still would be hungry to win regardless.

in conclusion, the question is freakin stupid and pointless. why else would anyone want to compete on a level like that of the nba if they werent hungry to win? i know people are gonna say for the millions, but then look at all the veterns trying to come back to the league to capture what their millions couldnt buy them.

SenorSpur
09-27-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't see any reason for the Spurs to be hungry for another ring. In fact there is nothing left to motivate them. Another ring is just that. Another river parade? Who wants to have to sit in some hot ass river barge for two hours as wannabe spur fans yell at them? Then they have to go to that Bomb shelter of a Dome to try and be funny as they think of ways to out do last years Alamo Dome celebration.

As much as I love the Spurs I really don't see how Peter Holt can motivate his coach and his players to do it all over again. How would you motivate the jaded Spurs?

How about the fact that they've never repeated before? That's all the motivation this team needs. Anyone who thinks this team isn't hungry and wants to relax, doesn't know the composition of this team, the coaches and ownership.

Perhaps you've not heard the subtle comments coming from both players and coaches during the few post-championship interviews over the summer. It's all they've talked about since sweeping the Cavs. They've not talked about their place in history - only that they feel the time is right to defend their title.

It's not like they weren't close in 2004 and 2006.

Pay attention.

Carnie
09-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Will will see if you still feel the same way when they start the season 0-4 :lmao

boutons_
09-27-2007, 04:48 PM
It's up to Tim. A repeat is the only accomplishment missing from his teams.

He should know by now how famously hard repeating is. Is he tough enough to go for it what is probably his last chance?