PDA

View Full Version : Bring It On! (Xpert Playoffs)

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-16-2004, 09:16 AM
http://uweb.txstate.edu/~jr47581/pictures/xpertplayoffs.jpg

AlamoSpursFan
12-16-2004, 10:08 AM
"Yesterday, some Hooligans knocked over a dustbin in Shaftesbury! Woo-ooo! The Hooligans are loose! The Hooligans are loose! What if they become ruffians? I'd hate to be a dustbin in Shaftesbury tonight...No one knows what it's like...to be a dustbin...in Shaftesbury...with Hooligans!" -- Bill Hicks, Arizona Bay

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-16-2004, 10:19 AM
"Yesterday, some Hooligans knocked over a dustbin in Shaftesbury! Woo-ooo! The Hooligans are loose! The Hooligans are loose! What if they become ruffians? I'd hate to be a dustbin in Shaftesbury tonight...No one knows what it's like...to be a dustbin...in Shaftesbury...with Hooligans!" -- Bill Hicks, Arizona Bay

So I take it you're pulling for the tasty Mexican dish, then?

AlamoSpursFan
12-16-2004, 10:21 AM
No, but I ate about a butt-load of them at our department Christmas dinner yesterday. :lol

Today's the site dinner so I'm expecting to tear into another couple dozen today.

Guru of Nothing
12-16-2004, 11:27 AM
I don't feel so good about my chances, because you know, in football it's difficult to beat the same team three times in a season.

Guru of Nothing
12-17-2004, 01:10 AM
For those who don't know, I'm Red Hot Tamales; the Red is FSP Kris, and, ... you can figure out The Blaze and Shaftesbury Hooligans.

I'll let others talk about their respective teams. Me, mine sucks!

I acquired my starting QB off of waiver wire last week. GO BILLY VOLEK GO!!

My running backs are good - Shaun Alexander, Fred (no touchdowns for you) Taylor, and Kevin (do that to me one more time) Jones ... and Warrick Dunn.

My receivers suck - Derrick Mason (bum ankle); Jerry Porter; Deion Branch, Keary Colbert (whom I'm VERY TEMPTED to start this week); Keenan McCardell; and Anquan Boldin.

TE = Witten

Defense = Buffalo (and NYJ)

Kicker = Nate Kaeding (and Shane Graham)

It sucks my team is going against Peyton Manning the first week of FF playoffs. No doubt Peyton will torch the Baltimore defense this weekend.

AlamoSpursFan
12-17-2004, 01:20 AM
Don't forget about the guy everyone ragged on me for taking on draft night:

http://images.nfl.com/photos/img6347745.jpg

Maybe he'll drop another Al Bundy this week like he did a couple of weeks ago...

timvp
12-17-2004, 02:22 AM
Damn it. One more win and I would have been the third seed.

[/bitter]

timvp
12-17-2004, 02:31 AM
I don't feel so good about my chances, because you know, in football it's difficult to beat the same team three times in a season.

I would have felt confident about being able to beat you for the third time if I had been able to meet you in the playoffs.

:smokin

AlamoSpursFan
12-17-2004, 02:34 AM
I would have beaten him the first time if I'd only taken his advice and not dicked with my lineup.

3rd time's the charm...

T Park
12-17-2004, 07:24 AM
If my star players would not have played like ass for the first half of the season, and had I not traded Daunte Cullpepper, I would probobly be there.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Okay, here's my lineup.

QB - Jake Delhomme (who's made the biggest jump in the stretch run for me), Vinny Testaverde, Steve McNair and Patrick Ramsey.

RB - Curtis Martin (if he could just score a freakin TD, I'd probably be in first place right now), Julius Jones (acquired via trade from TimVP for Duece "I suck" McAllister) and Maurice Hicks (waiver wire from San Francisco)

WR - Terrell Owens (my main man this season), Rod Smith (nice surprise), Eddie Kennison (almost always good for one TD since the middle of the season), Johnnie Morton (did well for me in the beginning of the season), TJ Houshmandzadeh (decent fantasy guy - but I haven't used him at the right times yet), Shaun McDonald (waiver pickup from St. Louis)

TE - Jermaine Wiggins (from Minnesota - Daunte's not been throwing him the ball so much in the last few weeks with Randy Moss back)

K - Matt Stover (with Baltimore's offense - he's gonna kick A LOT of FGs) and Jay Feely (picked up off the wire this weekend just in case)

DEF - Packers, Cardinals, Vikings (used most of the season - almost always helpful if I pick the right one) and San Diego (picked up this weekend off the wire since they have a favorable matchup this weekend)

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-18-2004, 08:48 AM
We should have a vBookie for people to guess the outcome of the playoffs.

AlamoSpursFan
12-18-2004, 05:18 PM
Does the Xpert leagues website realize the playoffs have started?

According to Live Stats, I'm playing nobody. Nice of The Bus and Hines Ward to get me off to a good start against nobody.

:lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-18-2004, 07:31 PM
We can't even see the other person's stats.

Guru of Nothing
12-18-2004, 07:47 PM
I'm working on it.

Guru of Nothing
12-18-2004, 07:54 PM
Alright, it looks to be working now. Apparently, I had to go into the commish panel and set the matchups, AGAIN! Sorry for the delay.

Guru of Nothing
12-18-2004, 07:57 PM
One more thing, I can go set up some faux match-ups for the remaining teams, just for the sake of live stats, if someone wants them.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-18-2004, 08:26 PM
One more thing, I can go set up some faux match-ups for the remaining teams, just for the sake of live stats, if someone wants them.

Sure, what the hell.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-18-2004, 09:32 PM
GoN, the stats aren't updating at all.

MannyIsGod
12-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Injuries, suspensions, killed me all year long. However, my inactivity on the waiver wire also hurt me.

I have to give props to Kris and GoN for kicking ass the 2 seasons I've played with them. They aren't flukes.

Guru of Nothing
12-18-2004, 11:02 PM

Presently, that does appear to be a known problem. I'll keep an eye on it, but, there's not a whole lot I can do.

Guru of Nothing
12-18-2004, 11:05 PM
I would have felt confident about being able to beat you for the third time if I had been able to meet you in the playoffs.

:smokin

Without me, you are 5-7.

Guru of Nothing
12-18-2004, 11:21 PM

It's working now.

Guru of Nothing
12-18-2004, 11:24 PM
Sumbitch, Warrick Dunn was 4th on my depth chart.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-18-2004, 11:36 PM
How bad is it that I'm now pulling for ATL to score quickly JUST to give Delhomme another crack at taking the Panthers down the field?

Guru of Nothing
12-18-2004, 11:43 PM
Thankfully Keary Colbert has caught only one pass so far - I meant to start him.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-19-2004, 12:00 AM
WTF kind of 2-minute drill was that by CAR?

You've got a QB that's been passing well, TEs that have been making strong catches and two decent recievers that can spread the field. ALL WITH ONE TIMEOUT!

This could bite Carolina in the ass BIG-TIME.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-19-2004, 12:18 AM
How bad is it that I'm now pulling for ATL to score quickly JUST to give Delhomme another crack at taking the Panthers down the field?

Be careful what I wish for, right?

Well, that just means Julius Jones is going to get at least 30 yards recieving for me tomorrow.