PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ Brew Crew

MajorMike
09-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Brewers had a chance to close to within a game last night. So down one run with one out in the 8th, Yost brings in McClung and tells him to hit Pujols as retaliation for Fielder getting plunked earlier. Big Al (who hit a homer earlier) gets hit on the 1st pitch, McClung and Yost are immediately ejected, the Cards are pissed and go on to bat around that inning.

I'm all about headhunting and paybacks, but not when you have a chance to be 1 game back with 4 games left. Yost is an idiot for calling for that.

SrA Husker
09-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Ejected 3 times in 4 games... that's just stupidity. Especially in a playoff race.

Cry Havoc
09-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Even Tony said that he doesn't think Yost called for that, or that the beaning was intentional.

It really doesn't make sense to plunk someone in that situation, and loss of control can happen, especially if the pitcher is overthrowing to try to strike out a great hitter.

I think Yost getting ejected is desperation. His playoff lead evaporated. It's probably going to cost him his job.

SrA Husker
09-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Even Tony said that he doesn't think Yost called for that, or that the beaning was intentional.

It really doesn't make sense to plunk someone in that situation, and loss of control can happen, especially if the pitcher is overthrowing to try to strike out a great hitter.

I think Yost getting ejected is desperation. His playoff lead evaporated. It's probably going to cost him his job.

14 games over .500 and a 9 game lead on the division at one point in the season... only to be as much as 3.5 out and even under .500 as the season went on. Oh, and this also happened last year?

The best thing to happen to the Cubs playoff hopes was Ned Yost.

Cry Havoc
09-27-2007, 01:15 PM
14 games over .500 and a 9 game lead on the division at one point in the season... only to be as much as 3.5 out and even under .500 as the season went on. Oh, and this also happened last year?

The best thing to happen to the Cubs playoff hopes was Ned Yost.

When did I defend Yost? I just said he probably didn't have the pitcher intentionally bean Pujols.

DOMINATOR
09-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Oh, and this also happened last year?
no it didn't...

T Park
09-27-2007, 05:21 PM

it was intentional.

you could see yost patting mclung's back in the dugout after getting ejected.

One of the dumbest managerial moves I've ever seen.

It hasn't killed them though, due to the fact the Cubs cannot beat the Florida Marlins.

Erect as a Bull
09-28-2007, 05:39 AM
:lol Yea I saw that. Fucking stupid.
Its funny how all these teams with Huge leads might not even win the division.

Mets, Boston, Milwaukee.

And then you have the Rockies who could come back to win the division.

It sure has been a crazy baseball season.