PDA

View Full Version : Flagrant Foul or Playing Like a Man?

Solid D
12-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Raptors coach Sam Mitchell wants "men" playing for him.

During the game, Matt Bonner appears to 2-hand stuff KG's uplift with the ball in the paint. Trouble is, KG doesn't turn loose of the ball and Bonner throws ball and KG floorward. KG is bent because he was thwarted by a guy who looks like a stiff. Bonner was slapped with a flagrant 2 and ejected....in part, perhaps because he appeared to enjoy it.

Replays show Bonner clearly grabbed mostly ball with both hands and threw it down, sort of like Sequ might do while playing 1 on 1 against a 5-yr.-old or, more realistically, against Mouse on the driveway court.

QUESTION: Was it really a flagrant?

....or was Bonner just playing like a "man" in a man's league?

KG - a man wronged...or just "Served"?

Useruser666
12-16-2004, 09:41 AM
I don't think it would have been wrong to just call a plain foul. Maybe add a tech since it was boney KG after all. I guess a flagrant 1 foul could have been called, but KG is a wussy. Bonner better hope he never has to practice with KG in the future. I wonder if KG would have challenged Ben Wallace if he would have knocked him down?

texbumTHElife
12-16-2004, 09:46 AM
Well, this is a league run by the super stars like it or not. Be it KG or Tim Duncan if a super star hit the ground you better make sure you dont look like you enjoyed it or put them there on purpose. At times it is very frustrating and annoying, such as the times Malone and Shaq would throw elbows into DRob, but the super stars make the NBA its money so it will never change.

I havent seen the play in question but from the sound of it I really wish I had. KG is starting to get a little big for his britches IMO. I was a fan of him 3-4 years ago but the last couple of years he really seems to have gotten a little too full of himself.

Sec24Row7
12-16-2004, 11:06 AM
That wasn't a foul at all. It was a good block. KG should have gotten a tech for running after the kid.

NBA will review and he won't be fined.

boutons
12-16-2004, 11:21 AM
I think it was a hard foul, certainly not a flagrant 2. That white-assed cracka rookie was kinda beefy and the veteran balla KG is bony. It was just late in a sorta long scuffle under the boards, 2 or 3 missed putbacks, when emotions get pretty high for everyone. I think the kid was surprised that K crumpled like a stack of bones as the kid made a hard, two-handed foul to prevent the K's shot, rather than him forcing/throwing K to the ground.

KG is such a theatrical monkey, making faces and grimaces and talking to himself. The
Super Star felt dissed (he was) but it wasn't flagrant, only his reaction was.

Let's crack KG's butt next Thursday. And pass the hat around for Spree's starving family.

GoSpurs21
12-16-2004, 11:26 AM
^^^
i got some food stamps for Spree. i think everyone should give Spree some da govment cheeze

sickdsm
12-16-2004, 08:38 PM

How was he served? If Madsen did that to duncan it is what it is, delibrately fouling a superstar so he can't get the shot off? to say it was a clean block is rediculous. Get a clue. To call it a flagrant is rediculous too IMO. KG didn't start it, Sprewell did. KG was barely on the ground before Spree was up in Bonners grill. Again, get a clue. KG said it was a good hard clean foul, what they were pissed about was afterwards Bonner pointed up Doug Christie-esqe like he was some big enforcer. Thats what it was about.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2004, 09:35 PM
I thought it was a great play, but I guess the league's trying to send a message after Detroit-Indy.

I dunno. The refs had made the flagrant 2 call before Bonner egged the crowd on.

It was a weak call, almost as weak as KG acting like he was really man enough to do something about it.

ALVAREZ6
12-16-2004, 10:37 PM
i thought it was a hard PF , not a flagrant,
but i only saw it once without replay so i dont know

MosesGuthrie
12-17-2004, 03:29 PM

How was he served?

He didn't say he was served...he was asking a question. He wanted to know if people thought KG was "served"

Solid D
12-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Right on, brother Moses. In reading an article about it, it sounds like Bonner was glad Sam Mitchell stepped in to keep KG off.

Maybe Bonner thought KG would turn loose of the ball when he threw it down, eh? :hat