PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio, be on the lookout!

TheSanityAnnex
09-27-2007, 12:36 PM
TheSanityAnnex and thesanityannex family will be invading your city tomorrow!

My cousin's getting married on Saturday and he lives in Austin but the wedding is in San Antonio. All the bridesmaids will be coming from Austin, and I've been to Austin. :hungry: I'll be drinking at the River Walk tomorrow night after the rehearsal dinner so if any of you see me and recognize me, please buy me a beer instead of throwing one at me. I finally get to see if the River Walk is truly dirty like Mark Cuban claims and I also get to see if all the women are fat like atxrocker claims.

What is handsdown the best place for a bunch of groomsmen and bridesmaids to get shitfaced in San Antonio?

tlongII
09-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Make sure you post lots of pictures. Try and hook up with Spurfect too!

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-27-2007, 12:45 PM
The basement of the Alamo is a great party spot.

Sunshine
Howl at the Moon

katyon6th
It's not downtown but the best place to get shitfaced in San Antonio is a dive bar off of Nacogdoches called Rod Dog's. The liquor is cheap and delicious.

I'll be downtown tomorrow night taking part in a going away party. I wouldn't be able to recognize you since I've never seen you, though.

desflood
09-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Howl at the Moon
I love that place.

SpursWoman
09-27-2007, 12:56 PM
I love that place.

Me, too .. and it's especially fun for wedding parties. :drunk

SpursWoman
09-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Dick's Last Resort would be a good choice, too.

atxrocker
09-27-2007, 01:06 PM
TheSanityAnnex and thesanityannex family will be invading your city tomorrow!

My cousin's getting married on Saturday and he lives in Austin but the wedding is in San Antonio. All the bridesmaids will be coming from Austin, and I've been to Austin. :hungry: I'll be drinking at the River Walk tomorrow night after the rehearsal dinner so if any of you see me and recognize me, please buy me a beer instead of throwing one at me. I finally get to see if the River Walk is truly dirty like Mark Cuban claims and I also get to see if all the women are fat like atxrocker claims.

What is handsdown the best place for a bunch of groomsmen and bridesmaids to get shitfaced in San Antonio?

you should have hit me up while you were in austin man. as for your reference to me, don't get me wrong there are some beautiful latinas in san antonio for sure. the problem is that 7 out of 10 broads you will see are gonna be at least 30-40 pounds overweight. mark my words.

thispego
09-27-2007, 01:21 PM
come back to austin and smoke some chronic with thispego
do it brah, sorry, i dont have a roor though

TheSanityAnnex
09-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the recommendations.

Is Howl at the Moon a piano bar where you make requests and stuff like that? If so, I love those bars. We've got one here in Tempe called the Big Bang and it's a blast.

atxrocker, I was in Austin years ago, or I would have hit you up.

katyon6th
09-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Is Howl at the Moon a piano bar where you make requests and stuff like that? If so, I love those bars. We've got one here in Tempe called the Big Bang and it's a blast.

Yes, exactly.

TheSanityAnnex
09-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Yes, exactly.Ahh........shit.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/clap.gif That is probably where we'll end up then. We go to the Shout House a lot when I'm in San Diego as well. I was just at the one here for my birthday and they embarrassed the hell out of me having me dance like Elvis on the stage.

Is it pretty big? Because we are going to be out with a lot of people.

Mixability
09-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Ahh........shit.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/clap.gif That is probably where we'll end up then. We go to the Shout House a lot when I'm in San Diego as well. I was just at the one here for my birthday and they embarrassed the hell out of me having me dance like Elvis on the stage.

Its an alright size, but always crowded.

Jimmy
09-27-2007, 02:20 PM
There is some Irish pub that has a piano bar I am not sure the name. Make sure you visit the tacks before you leave SA :smokin

Mixability
09-27-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm sure Ashbeigh has some time on her hands to show you around.

jman3000
09-27-2007, 02:27 PM
howl at the moon is cool... just a bit toursity for me. i reckon it's supposed to be because it's downtown.

and danyo is right... it's always ass packed.

jman3000
09-27-2007, 02:29 PM
and about 50% of the chicks there are gonna be in some kinda bachellorette party, so your chances of getting action from some hormonal chick is pretty good.

Summers
09-27-2007, 02:30 PM
I finally get to see if the River Walk is truly dirty like Mark Cuban claims

It is. :lol I just don't want you to get your hopes up. The river is dirty. The River Walk is nice. I'm not from SA so I have no bar recommendations.

Last Comic Standing
09-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Make sure you shake hands with a real cowboy while your in San Antonio

http://www.spurstalk.com/mavs014.jpg

Mixability
09-27-2007, 02:41 PM
I didn't know Lance Bass was in Brokeback Mountain.

tv guide
09-27-2007, 02:41 PM
There is some Irish pub that has a piano bar I am not sure the name.

Dirty Nelly's I think.

Summers
09-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Make sure you shake hands with a real cowboy while your in San Antonio

Real cowboys shave.

I'm sorry! I had to!! :)

jman3000
09-27-2007, 02:46 PM
real cowboys have mustaches, pinche.

tv guide
09-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Real cowboys shave.
:)
No waxing allowed?

ROFL
09-27-2007, 02:49 PM

real cowboys don't go to a sports bar and have their picture taken with a bottle of 409 in the background.

:lmao

Bigzax
09-27-2007, 02:54 PM
dude, that night, 3rdcoast bagged jekka, katy, rashofan, and ginofan.

ROFL
09-27-2007, 02:55 PM
dude, that night, 3rdcoast bagged jekka, katy, rashofan, and ginofan.

Did he use paper or plastic?

:lmao

BigZak
09-27-2007, 03:02 PM
it was the magic hat brah

katyon6th
09-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Ahh........shit.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/clap.gif That is probably where we'll end up then. We go to the Shout House a lot when I'm in San Diego as well. I was just at the one here for my birthday and they embarrassed the hell out of me having me dance like Elvis on the stage.

It's not big at all. Always a full house and you'll more than likely find yourself waiting in line if you show up after 10pm. But once you get in, it's over. I love that place.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the recommendations.

atxrocker, I was in Austin years ago, or I would have hit you up.oh no. you live in temple? what a dump! is that other dump Bum's still open down there?

Viva Las Espuelas
09-27-2007, 03:21 PM
oh no. you live in temple? what a dump! is that other dump Bum's still open down there?oops nevermind. you're in tempe not temple. be lucky.

timvp
09-28-2007, 03:32 AM
Damn, I'm going to be downtown tomorrow night, too. What's this cat look like? I'm going to have to buy him some Kool-Aid if I see him.

jman3000
10-01-2007, 02:48 AM
i hope he got some std's as souvenirs. that would be grand