PDA

View Full Version : Life

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Anyone else watch this last night? The premise is a little outlandish if you stop to think about it too much, but I thought the showwas pretty well done. Damien Lewis is one hell of an actor.

Anyone? Thoughts?

09-27-2007, 03:12 PM
The wife and I liked it and it's now on our DVR list.

Now if his lawyer would only pull her cheerleader outfit out of the closet....

CuckingFunt
09-27-2007, 04:30 PM
I meant to watch this one for Sarah Shahi, but forgot to.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Explain wtf this show is. Never heard of it. What channel?

Thanks.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Explain wtf this show is. Never heard of it. What channel?

Thanks.
Wednesdays, NBC, 10/9 central.
Damien Lewis (Winters from Band of Brothers, if you ever saw the miniseries) plays a cop who was sent to prison for a triple homicide. 12 years later he gets exonerated when people re-examining the case discover major problems with the physical evidence used to convict him. The terms of his settlement with the state include a large sum of money (undisclosed, but rumored to be in the tens of millions) and reinstatement into the force. Like I said, the premise is outlandish if stop to think about it much.

He comes out of prison a changed man. As one might expect for a cop in prison, things weren't easy. He's studied a lot of Zen, so he comes across as a little kooky to his fellow officers now, but he's still a good cop. The effect is kind of like if House was a cop show. So there's the weekly plots of solving various crimes that come along, with the overall plot of unraveling the mystery of who set him up-including some his former colleagues on the force.

Lewis does a hell of a job with the character. Most of the other characters are a little basic (the reluctant new partner, the kinda weasely commanding officer who you aren't sure what to make of) but well acted. The pilot was good and it holds a lot of potential.

spurs=bling
09-27-2007, 07:40 PM
I liked it.

It is now on my DVR list too.