PDA

View Full Version : I just want to say...

JMarkJohns
09-27-2007, 03:38 PM
:shootme :hang :bang

Hopefully... it's not all :(

It's a rough time to be a Suns fan. A true Suns fan, anyways. I'm not seeking pity, honestly. That's be pretty effin' lame. However, I mean, :pctoss

To the other true Suns fans:

Keep the faith. Despite us having a POS owner, and whiney Bitch for a coach and best defensive player, I still will watch. I'll still pull for Marion, whereever he is. I'll still live and die by a Suns win or loss. But seriously, WTF is going on?!

Anyways...

Reggie Miller
09-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Trust me. It can always be worse. At least you aren't trying to build a franchise with Artest as a major building block...

...and as dumb as leaving the bench may have been, it looks like rocket science compared to entering the stands...

...it could be much worse.

:pctoss

TheSanityAnnex
09-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Trust me. It can always be worse. At least you aren't trying to build a franchise with Artest as a major building block...

Since when are the Kings building around Artest?

Xylus
09-27-2007, 03:58 PM
I've still got the faith. I believe Marion is professional enough not to let this affect his on-court performance.

We still have Nash, Amare, Barbosa, Bell, Hill, and Diaw, so we'll continue to contend.

Reggie Miller
09-27-2007, 03:59 PM

Never. However, the Pacers were at least a contender in the East with O'Neal, Jackson, and Artest. The plan was to build around this core after Miller's retirement. I thought the reference to the Auburn Hills Brawl made this clear, but I guess it looked like I was talking about Artest generally.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-27-2007, 04:01 PM
I think he may be referring to the dark days when his Pacers were attempting such a feat. EDIT: Hey, I was right!

As long as Steve Nash is still Steve Nash that team will still be better than all but the Mavs and Spurs. Granted that's not a comforting thought for anyone hoping super hard for a championship, but it's about the best that can be said.

ThomasGranger
09-27-2007, 04:15 PM
I have to admit, I was worried about what kind of moves the Suns would make when they were holding those first round draft picks (especially before it was evident Atlanta would keep their pick). I had assumed they would either package the picks to move up in the draft or use them to trade for a big time player. So of course, I was pleasantly surprised to see them waste a big opportunity to upgrade their roster and even more so when Splitter fell to the Spurs.

I don't think their window has closed completely, but it seemed to get a whole lot smaller after they wasted those picks and let Thomas go without getting anybody to fill his place.

Reggie Miller
09-27-2007, 04:45 PM
I have to admit, I was worried about what kind of moves the Suns would make when they were holding those first round draft picks (especially before it was evident Atlanta would keep their pick). I had assumed they would either package the picks to move up in the draft or use them to trade for a big time player. So of course, I was pleasantly surprised to see them waste a big opportunity to upgrade their roster and even more so when Splitter fell to the Spurs.

I don't think their window has closed completely, but it seemed to get a whole lot smaller after they wasted those picks and let Thomas go without getting anybody to fill his place.

Great summary. The more information that comes to light on all of this, the more I think that the Suns had a few opportunities to make a legitimate final push and just flushed it all down the crapper. Marion is now demanding a trade after scotching a deal for Garnett? If I were a Suns fan, I would be livid at this point.