PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, there's no Gay In the Military Either

Nbadan
09-27-2007, 05:56 PM
http://marklevinfan.com/PhotoAlbum/albums/userpics/10001/MH-ML-0307-KeepingPace.jpg

Gen. Pace: Homosexual acts immoral
By ANNE FLAHERTY, Associated Press Writer 5 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, caused a stir at a Senate hearing Wednesday when he said he believes homosexual activity is immoral and should not be condoned by the military.

Pace, who retires next week, said he was seeking to clarify similar remarks he made in spring, which he said were misreported.

"Are there wonderful Americans who happen to be homosexual serving in the military? Yes," he told the Senate Appropriations Committee during a hearing focused on the Pentagon's 2008 war spending request.

"We need to be very precise then, about what I said wearing my stars and being very conscious of it," he added. "And that is, very simply, that we should respect those who want to serve the nation but not through the law of the land, condone activity that, in my upbringing, is counter to God's law."

Yahoooooooooooo (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070926/ap_on_re_us/pace_homosexuals)

War for oil...good....
War while gay....bad...

:hat

exstatic
09-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Pace should be JCS for Iran. They have the same outlook and tolerance.

How can you claim to respect someone who serves, yet the minute that you find out...not that they had gay sex...but that they are gay in orientation, you toss them and their expensive training out of the military?

Nbadan
09-30-2007, 08:06 PM
http://cagle.com/working/070926/cagle00.gif

Mister Sinister
09-30-2007, 08:07 PM
What about bisexuality? Would that be considered as bad?

Nbadan
09-30-2007, 08:20 PM
To Republicans, if you smoke cock your gay....

http://www.cagle.com/working/070927/rogers.gif

...unless you only do the under-stall action.....that is....

Mister Sinister
09-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Mm. More of a joking question than anything, but, eh. I have no plans to enlist, because I'm a pacifist by nature.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-30-2007, 08:27 PM
I wonder what quality, he feels, gays lack in order to serve their country at war? Does he think all gays are like Jack, from Will and Grace...

Mister Sinister
09-30-2007, 08:30 PM
It's not just that. If gays are allowed to be open in the military, the rest of our soldiers will catch "The Gay", and will lose all their testosterone and will to fight!

Wild Cobra
10-02-2007, 04:51 AM
You guys just don't know shit about the subject. It's not a simple one. First of all, in the military, you are FORCED to share accommodations. They are only divided male and female. The subject of gays openly serving the military simply cannot occur until we have a system where it is acceptable for male and female to share the same shower stalls at the same time as well, and other similar situations. There are so many complications. It's not that gays are thought of less, but for the same reason we separate male and female 'private' functions, most soldiers don't want to be subjected to sexual innuendos that are more than jokes, in the shower room.

Myself, if someone touched me with sexual intent in the showers... They would be seriously hurting and maybe dead! It is this type of circumstance the military is protecting people from.

That is why, if you are gay... Don't tell. You won't be asked, unless you sexually harass someone of the same sex!

exstatic
10-02-2007, 06:35 AM
What would happen to you if you made sexual innuendos or inappropriately touched a female soldier, WC?

Wild Cobra
10-02-2007, 07:07 AM
What would happen to you if you made sexual innuendos or inappropriately touched a female soldier, WC?
Would it be in a shared shower room while we were both naked?

ChumpDumper
10-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Why do you think that gays automatically want to have sex with you?

AFBlue
10-02-2007, 11:15 AM
This issue is not complicated....

As a member of the military you are required to be "nuetral" on all things political, social, etc. But that doesn't mean shit....

The core group of soldiers, airmen, sailors, and marines are conservative on social/political issues and generally have a Christian foundation. The idea of homosexuality is fundamentally at odds with their thinking as it is considered a social dysfunction and morally reprehensible in the eyes of God.

Personally, I think the military would be better served in creating an open policy on homosexuality and forcing the integration on the troops. The military was on the leading edge of desegregation, so I think it should catch up to the rest of the civilized world on this issue.

clambake
10-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Myself, if someone touched me with sexual intent in the showers... They would be seriously hurting and maybe dead! It is this type of circumstance the military is protecting people from.

me thinks he duth protest too much

Oh, Gee!!
10-02-2007, 11:32 AM
me thinks he duth protest too much

he's all man, I can tell.

FromWayDowntown
10-02-2007, 11:36 AM
It's not that gays are thought of less, but for the same reason we separate male and female 'private' functions, most soldiers don't want to be subjected to sexual innuendos that are more than jokes, in the shower room.

You just make an assumption that homosexuals are inclined to engage in openly-gay sexual innuendo in shared shower facilities? That's got to be among the most asinine stereotyped comments I've ever read.

That would be true whether the person touching you was homosexual or not. What in the hell is "touching with sexual intent" anyway, and how often does that actually happen in shared shower facilities outside of penitentiaries? Besides, if any person touched another with sexual intent in a shared shower facility, the repercussions for the person provoking the encounter would sound in criminal and civil penalties; and that would be true whether the person provoking the encounter was gay or not.

AFBlue
10-02-2007, 11:39 AM
You guys just don't know shit about the subject. It's not a simple one. First of all, in the military, you are FORCED to share accommodations. They are only divided male and female. The subject of gays openly serving the military simply cannot occur until we have a system where it is acceptable for male and female to share the same shower stalls at the same time as well, and other similar situations. There are so many complications. It's not that gays are thought of less, but for the same reason we separate male and female 'private' functions, most soldiers don't want to be subjected to sexual innuendos that are more than jokes, in the shower room.

That is why, if you are gay... Don't tell. You won't be asked, unless you sexually harass someone of the same sex!

You're forced to share accomodations at most colleges too. Do they disallow open homosexuals in all-male dorm rooms? I don't think so....

And any unwanted advances, be they homosexual or heterosexual, should be treated as cases of sexual harrassment.

I assume the comment about beating down a gay person for making advances on you was a way to illustrate how homosexuals might be targeted....and in a roundabout way, you're right.

But, just because homosexuals may be targeted for assault or ridecule, doesn't mean you should adjust your policy to IGNORE the issue. You should confront the issue and force reform.

clambake
10-02-2007, 11:41 AM
You just make an assumption that homosexuals are inclined to engage in openly-gay sexual innuendo in shared shower facilities? That's got to be among the most asinine stereotyped comments I've ever read.

That would be true whether the person touching you was homosexual or not. What in the hell is "touching with sexual intent" anyway, and how often does that actually happen in shared shower facilities outside of penitentiaries? Besides, if any person touched another with sexual intent in a shared shower facility, the repercussions for the person provoking the encounter would sound in criminal and civil penalties; and that would be true whether the person provoking the encounter was gay or not.

i see you've taken his intelligence into consideration.

Wild Cobra
10-02-2007, 07:43 PM

Why are you assuming as to what I assume?

It only takes a few incidents. I'm not saying every gay will act in such a way, in fact I know very few will. Much of it is that comfort level. For the same reason the military does not have co-ed showers and co-ed sleeping, the military does not allow open gays. Period!

Keep in mind, I was active Army for 11 years.

Sure, but it's hard enough to prove things in a "he said, she said" environment anyway. Open your mind and think of the possibilities that can occur. They will in small numbers. The military is not set up for all soldiers to have privacy.

If you allow gays in the military to serve openly, then you may as well combine the shower and sleeping environment between men and women. Otherwise, it is not eqaul anyway. It is just giving preferential treatment to the gays!

What about the voyeurs? How many of them salivate at seeing other naked men? How many people don't like being seen as a sexual object to someone they don’t like? I challenge anyone to make the argument that men and women should share the same open shower facilities at the same time, and why there would be no problems. If you want equality, you have to look at that angle too.

Women? You want to share a shower room with men you don't have an intimate relation with?

clambake
10-02-2007, 07:59 PM
If you allow gays in the military to serve openly, then you may as well combine the shower and sleeping environment between men and women. Otherwise, it is not eqaul anyway. It is just giving preferential treatment to the gays!

you are the dumbest asshole ever.

ChumpDumper
10-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Keep in mind, I was active Army for 11 years.And you were looked at by several gay soldiers.

They saw you!

MaNuMaNiAc
10-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Cobra is just insecure about his sexuality. Men looking at him funny make him feel confused, angry and by his own admission violent.

Get the fuck over yourself Cobra!

MaNuMaNiAc
10-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Just for the record. I'm not gay.there's no way back into the closet pimpo. So you're gay! so what? be proud girl :toast

Wild Cobra
10-02-2007, 09:42 PM
you are the dumbest asshole ever.
Please tell me why my words make no sense to you. What is your solution in an environment where you only have male and female accommodations?

Name-calling instead of valid retort? I have been considering adding you to my IGNORE list. How about some substance rather than bile...

Wild Cobra
10-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Cobra is just insecure about his sexuality. Men looking at him funny make him feel confused, angry and by his own admission violent.

Get the fuck over yourself Cobra!
People who you, who assume things and state them as fact are the ones who have no credibility.

So... why do you do it?

Are you dumb, or just a slanderer?

ChumpDumper
10-03-2007, 05:10 AM
I have been considering adding you to my IGNORE list.:lmao

He's in the 99++++ ranking of internet toughness.

xrayzebra
10-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Sheeesh, for a bunch of civilians you sure know how military
like to live. I get the feeling a bunch of you like to play
drop the soap while in the shower.

clambake
10-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Sheeesh, for a bunch of civilians you sure know how military
like to live. I get the feeling a bunch of you like to play
drop the soap while in the shower.

Why does every thread end up being about Homosexuality?

Oh, Gee!!
10-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Are you dumb, or just a slanderer?

don't answer the question: it's a trap!!!!

clambake
10-03-2007, 11:36 AM
thanx OG. I've taken rays comment out of context.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2007, 11:41 AM
This thread has reached the 99++++ percentile of gaiety thanks to "conservatives" and their shower fantasies. Do they really consider themselves that attractive to homosexuals?

Oh, Gee!!
10-03-2007, 12:03 PM
This thread has reached the 99++++ percentile of gaiety thanks to "conservatives" and their shower fantasies. Do they really consider themselves that attractive to homosexuals?

Slanderer!!

xrayzebra
10-03-2007, 02:03 PM
thanx OG. I've taken rays comment out of context.

You are the ones who keep defending the homosexuals.
And telling everyone how bad they are for suggesting
they keep their sexual preference to themselves.
Just wondering how much time you all have spent in the
military that you are such experts on the homosexuals
in the military question.

AFBlue
10-03-2007, 02:22 PM
You are the ones who keep defending the homosexuals.
And telling everyone how bad they are for suggesting
they keep their sexual preference to themselves.
Just wondering how much time you all have spent in the
military that you are such experts on the homosexuals
in the military question.

Are you offering the perspective of someone who has been in the military?

If not, I don't guess any of you have the proper understanding on the issue...

clambake
10-03-2007, 02:28 PM
i don't think gays are limited to just the military

xrayzebra
10-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Are you offering the perspective of someone who has been in the military?

If not, I don't guess any of you have the proper understanding on the issue...

Will 23 years suffice? And I haven't offered any suggestions
one way or the other. Just commented on all the
comments I read on here. And all the usual suspects
jumped up out of the woodwork.

clambake
10-03-2007, 02:31 PM
ray said "wood".

thats hot

George Gervin's Afro
10-03-2007, 02:33 PM

were you touched inappropriately ray by a homo in the military? did you ever get that wierd feeling some dude was cheking you out?

clambake
10-03-2007, 02:35 PM
were you touched inappropriately ray by a homo in the military? did you ever get that wierd feeling some dude was cheking you out?
ray said "drop the soap" and "woodwork".

you do the math

xrayzebra
10-03-2007, 02:39 PM
ray said "drop the soap" and "woodwork".

you do the math

What a jester. You are about as funny as a truck load
of dead babies.

clambake
10-03-2007, 02:42 PM
truckload of dead babies?

whats rattling around in that tin can of yours?

George Gervin's Afro
10-03-2007, 02:42 PM
What a jester. You are about as funny as a truck load
of dead babies.

ray obviously you missed the point. i hate to break it you but there were gays in the military when you served..yes your tax dollars supported their lifestyles.. in uniforms

George Gervin's Afro
10-03-2007, 02:43 PM
truckload of dead babies?

whats rattling around in that tin can of yours?

trucklaods of dead dimmocrap babies..

xrayzebra
10-03-2007, 02:50 PM
ray obviously you missed the point. i hate to break it you but there were gays in the military when you served..yes your tax dollars supported their lifestyles.. in uniforms

No kidding Dick Tracy, did you figure that out all by
yourself or read it on some dimm-o-crap blog.

But I can guarantee you one thing. They damn sure
didn't talk about it or try hitting on anyone I knew.
And they are gays, they are homosexuals, call them what
they are. Gay used to be a perfectly good word and
not some sexual reference.

George Gervin's Afro
10-03-2007, 02:52 PM
No kidding Dick Tracy, did you figure that out all by
yourself or read it on some dimm-o-crap blog.

But I can guarantee you one thing. They damn sure
didn't talk about it or try hitting on anyone I knew.
And they are gays, they are homosexuals, call them what
they are. Gay used to be a perfectly good word and
not some sexual reference.

So then your a gay person..

xrayzebra
10-03-2007, 02:54 PM
So then your a gay person..

Funnnnnnnny........What a mind. Like a steel trap...
Gee, wished I could think on my ass like you can.

George Gervin's Afro
10-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Funnnnnnnny........What a mind. Like a steel trap...
Gee, wished I could think on my ass like you can.

are you a happy, gay guy?

I am.

AFBlue
10-03-2007, 03:19 PM

Agree that most in this thread haven't made a single, legitimate point...

....except for me, that is.

Wild Cobra
10-03-2007, 04:45 PM
don't answer the question: it's a trap!!!!
What can I say. I was hoping he would state a third reason I cannot think of!

Xylus
10-03-2007, 08:08 PM
I can understand why you would punish a gay soldier for making sexual advances toward another male soldier--it's very inappropriate, regardless of sexual preference, gender, etc. Just like it's inappropriate for a male heterosexual soldier to make advances toward a female soldier.

But this don't ask, don't tell policy is fucking insane. Why should a gay person be punished for announcing he's gay, when he's made no extra effort to make other soldiers uncomfortable, has kept the snake in the basket, and committed no act of sexual harassment? This guy puts his life on the line, but you're going to kick him out of the military for telling someone else that he's gay?

Being openly gay does not = sexual harassment. Sexual harassment = sexual harassment.

If you're uncomfortable fighting along side a gay man, or sharing quarters with him, or the idea of him seeing you naked... then you have certain insecurities that you need to deal with. It's the 21st century, homophobia should be unacceptable.

And I absolutely hate the God argument. Maybe because I'm an atheist, but I really can't take you seriously if you use God's morals to decide national policy.

George Gervin's Afro
10-04-2007, 06:52 AM
I can understand why you would punish a gay soldier for making sexual advances toward another male soldier--it's very inappropriate, regardless of sexual preference, gender, etc. Just like it's inappropriate for a male heterosexual soldier to make advances toward a female soldier.

But this don't ask, don't tell policy is fucking insane. Why should a gay person be punished for announcing he's gay, when he's made no extra effort to make other soldiers uncomfortable, has kept the snake in the basket, and committed no act of sexual harassment? This guy puts his life on the line, but you're going to kick him out of the military for telling someone else that he's gay?

Being openly gay does not = sexual harassment. Sexual harassment = sexual harassment.

If you're uncomfortable fighting along side a gay man, or sharing quarters with him, or the idea of him seeing you naked... then you have certain insecurities that you need to deal with. It's the 21st century, homophobia should be unacceptable.

And I absolutely hate the God argument. Maybe because I'm an atheist, but I really can't take you seriously if you use God's morals to decide national policy.

Believe it or not I have worked with women over 20 yrs and I have never made one feel uncomfortable...

well I take that back, there was one time.. :oops

Wild Cobra
10-04-2007, 03:56 PM
I like how everyone refuses to address the common shower and sleeping facilities.

Oh well, guess you know I'm right, and just will not admit it. Remember, I placed the 'advancement' in the shower scene.

ChumpDumper
10-04-2007, 04:12 PM
I like how everyone refuses to address the common shower and sleeping facilities.You've already shared them with a homosexual and he didn't get an erection. Now I suppose you want to beat him down for not finding you attractive.

clambake
10-04-2007, 04:13 PM
I like how everyone refuses to address the common shower and sleeping facilities.

you are a fucking moron. have you ever heard of a dorm? have you ever been around women or gay people that didn't think you're a fucking moron? have you ever been anywhere in the presence of men and women? have you always been a social outcast? have you always been incapable of behaving yourself? have you always lived in fear?

Wild Cobra
10-04-2007, 05:11 PM
you are a fucking moron. have you ever heard of a dorm?
In a college situation, people do not have to live in dorms. You can select a fraternity, live off campus, or even at home like my daughter who goes to Portland State University. In the military, you have no choice. On deployments, basic training and your job field school, and on base unless you are authorized to live off-base, you share common facilities. There is no option like in college. In college, you can even pick you dorm co-occupant. At least in the past.

When I was in basic training, we had about 60 people in the same large room. When I was in AIT, we had 8 people per room. In my first assignment, I only shared a room with one other person, but I was on an Air Force base. The Army base I was assigned out of had four people per room.

How about learning the facts before making such ignorant statements?

Again, what about women. Would you expect women to share the same sleeping quarters and shower rooms with men at the same time? When this is also on the table, we can discuss heterosexuals being forced to share the same facilities with gays.

have you ever been around women or gay people that didn't think you're a fucking moron? have you ever been anywhere in the presence of men and women? have you always been a social outcast? have you always been incapable of behaving yourself? have you always lived in fear?

My God. You are focusing on one small possibility and relating it to me when I am pointing out the things that do in fact happen, even though they are in small numbers.

Time place and manner restrictions. You cannot force strait people who are uncomfortable about sharing facilities with gays any more than you can force women to share the facilities with men. Focus on that concept. Tell me why we should force women to be naked with men. It’s an equivalent comfort level.

clambake
10-04-2007, 05:21 PM
i don't care what work related or life related situation you're blaming your focus on. the problem is confined inside your skull.

Wild Cobra
10-04-2007, 05:39 PM
i don't care what work related or life related situation you're blaming your focus on. the problem is confined inside your skull.
Typical.

Resort to name-calling and putting people down when you have no answer.

What about women sharing accommodations with men while naked?

That's right, You have no answer.

ChumpDumper
10-04-2007, 05:52 PM
:lmao Forced coed nudist colonies for all.

ChumpDumper
10-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Someone ask Wild Cobra just how attractive he is to homosexuals.

clambake
10-04-2007, 06:05 PM
he has too many phobia's to count