PDA

View Full Version : Are the Spurs finally the favorites?

SpursDynasty
09-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Every year the Spurs have won the championship, they were never the so-called "favorites" at the beginning of the season. Are we the favorites yet?

I see absolutely no reason why any team other than SA is considered the favorites to win the championship.

Especially if our biggest competition are junior-league teams like Phoenix and Dallas.

JamStone
09-27-2007, 07:37 PM
What are you talking about?

The Spurs were considered the favorites in 2005-06.

DynastyDynasty
09-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Please disregard "SpursDynasty" as he has been kicked out of the Dynasty family for posting as if he has the IQ of a dead frog.

Tippecanoe
09-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Please disregard "SpursDynasty" as he has been kicked out of the Dynasty family for posting as if he has the IQ of a dead frog.

why would you ever insult a frog like that?

SpursDynasty
09-27-2007, 10:46 PM

Are the Knicks really your team or is that a joke? The Knicks are THE SINGLE WORST TEAM IN ALL SPORTS, including little league, high school, college, boys and girls, men and women, etc. THE WORST ORGANIZED SPORTS TEAM ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET.

anakha
09-27-2007, 10:57 PM

Are the Knicks really your team or is that a joke? The Knicks are THE SINGLE WORST TEAM IN ALL SPORTS, including little league, high school, college, boys and girls, men and women, etc. THE WORST ORGANIZED SPORTS TEAM ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET.

Jeff never really was too bright... :lmao

BushDynasty
09-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Jeff never really was too bright... :lmao

He'd fit right in my dynasty, then ...

Rip-Hamilton32
09-28-2007, 08:34 PM
He'd fit right in my dynasty, then ...
:lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-28-2007, 08:43 PM
:lol

ChumpDumper
09-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Not after the Scola trade.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-28-2007, 08:49 PM
:lmao

Nashfan
09-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Every year the Spurs have won the championship, they were never the so-called "favorites" at the beginning of the season. Are we the favorites yet?

I see absolutely no reason why any team other than SA is considered the favorites to win the championship.

Especially if our biggest competition are junior-league teams like Phoenix and Dallas.

I bet you the Spurs don't consider Phoenix and Dallas junior league teams. This is why I called you an arrogant bastard before, when you spew this type of nonsense about legitimate contenders. You have no respect for other teams except it seems the Jazz and the Celtics as of this moment. Who knows it will probably change in a few days or weeks, knowing you. :lol

SpursDynasty
09-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Utah advanced further than both Phoenix and Dallas last year. Why wouldn't I have more respect for Utah than Phoenix/Dallas? Utah was also 2-1 vs Dallas in the regular season and didn't play like chickenshits vs. Dallas like 90% of the rest of the league. Utah was also 3-1 vs Phoenix in the regular season. They were one of the more solid teams in the NBA. They just fell apart vs. SA defense.

It's called being logical.

Garnett and Allen - These two guys are average in the West, but given how weak the East is, Boston is going to bulldoze over every East team except Detroit. Add Paul Pierce and it's a pretty well rounded team, for the East.

mavs>spurs2
09-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Utah advanced further than both Phoenix and Dallas last year. Why wouldn't I have more respect for Utah than Phoenix/Dallas? Utah was also 2-1 vs Dallas in the regular season and didn't play like chickenshits vs. Dallas like 90% of the rest of the league. Utah was also 3-1 vs Phoenix in the regular season. They were one of the more solid teams in the NBA. They just fell apart vs. SA defense.

Garnett and Allen - These two guys are average in the West, but given how weak the East is, Boston is going to bulldoze over every East team except Detroit. Add Paul Pierce and it's a pretty well rounded team, for the East.

Really? Last I checked they were superstars..

and KG is just a hair behind Tim Duncan..

LEONARD
10-01-2007, 04:11 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1975501&postcount=178

FromWayDowntown
10-01-2007, 09:43 PM

Best take ever -- you see, with Utah, it's all about the fact that they breezed through an overmatched Warriors team in the 2nd round and advanced to the Western Conference Finals. Though the Jazz were unable to be as competitive with the Spurs as the Suns were, the Jazz are clearly the superior team because they lucked their way into the WCF.

But wait -- the Jazz are also great because they were 2-1 against Dallas. Of course, in every other take Jeff posts, he disses the Mavs as being illegitimate contenders, so it would seem that using regular season success against the Mavericks would be a terrible measuring stick. Indeed, a purely logical take would suggest that nothing that anyone did against the Mavericks last year means anything. Of course, when it comes to the fact that the Spurs were 1-3 against the Mavs last year, that's precisely what Jeff does -- discount those losses as having come to an inferior club.

I'm not sure what form of supreme logic tells an analyst that success against the Mavs is relevant to assessing the quality of one club, while at the same time discounting the Mavs' successa against another club as having nothing whatsoever to do with the quality of the Mavs' club.

It seems to go something like this

U > D (because of regular season records)
S > D (notwithstanding regular season records)
S > U > P (by virtue of a playoff structure and disregarding the fact that P did better against S than U did)

anakha
10-01-2007, 11:34 PM
:dizzy

Ouch. You didn't have to own him that hard... :lol