PDA

View Full Version : GOP debate on PBS right now

BradLohaus
09-27-2007, 08:17 PM
No Rudy, McCain, F Thompson or Romney at the black forum.

exstatic
09-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Apparently, though some in the GOP have apologized for the Southern strategy, they'll continue to use it. Disgraceful. Anyone who thinks the GOP isn't racist to the core is deluding themselves.

MSNBC link (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21007525/)

Wild Cobra
09-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Anyone who thinks the GOP isn't racist to the core is deluding themselves.

I hope you are not delusional about your prejudice againt the GOP!

Why should they attend? The past has always proven that the black community wants handouts rather than being treated as equal.

j-6
09-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Apparently, though some in the GOP have apologized for the Southern strategy, they'll continue to use it. Disgraceful. Anyone who thinks the GOP isn't racist to the core is deluding themselves.

It just seems arrogant. All of the front-running Democrats did this debate and the Univision one. I'm sure that someone will come in here and clarify the difference between doing what's right (facing an underrepresented crowd dominated by backers of the other party) and being completely focused on winning (kissing ass, making money, and lusting over Cali's electoral votes). Not saying that the second isn't important - maybe the GOP guys view these debates as a lost cause in getting votes next year and want to focus on the votes they can get.

There's got to be more to this than "bigoted GOP intentionally alienates minority voters". I wonder how many Democrats bugged out of any evangelical Christian-sponsored forums.

exstatic
09-27-2007, 11:11 PM

Why should they attend? The past has always proven that the black community wants handouts rather than being treated as equal.
Thanks for making my point. That was easier than taking candy from a baby.

BTW, do Hispanics all want a handout, too? The GOP frontrunners all skipped that debate, too, causing it's cancellation.

exstatic
09-27-2007, 11:17 PM
I wonder how many Democrats bugged out of any evangelical Christian-sponsored forums.not only are they not running away... (http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/060510a.aspx)

Wild Cobra
09-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Thanks for making my point. That was easier than taking candy from a baby.

BTW, do Hispanics all want a handout, too? The GOP frontrunners all skipped that debate, too, causing it's cancellation.
The hispanic forum was different. Who cares about relating to spanish speaking illegal voters? Nearly all legal voters speak English!

exstatic
09-27-2007, 11:37 PM
The hispanic forum was different. Who cares about relating to spanish speaking illegal voters? Nearly all legal voters speak English!
I see you're in total lockstep with the national party...

Wild Cobra
09-27-2007, 11:47 PM
I see you're in total lockstep with the national party...
It's my opinion. If it matches the GOP, that is just coincidental.

The demonrats are catering to paople who they shouldn't!

j-6
09-27-2007, 11:47 PM

Would you rather elect a candidate speaking to the people as a whole or one just speaking to the portion of the population most likely to vote their way?

Wild Cobra
09-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Would you rather elect a candidate speaking to the people as a whole or one just speaking to the portion of the population most likely to vote their way?
Did you miss my point? The Hispanic forum was being translated into spanish. This makes the forum only understandable to spanish speaking people. at least 99.999% of legal voters have a working understanding of english. This is a definate plot to allow people who do not understand english to get in on the debates. This is a waste of time, because a huge percentage of them, if they vote, are ILLEGAL!

If you do not have a working understanding of English, you shouldn't be voting.

BradLohaus
09-28-2007, 12:04 AM
Maybe Rudy McRomson didn't show because they gave every candidate equal time.

TLWisfoine
09-28-2007, 12:14 AM
Did you miss my point? The Hispanic forum was being translated into spanish. This makes the forum only understandable to spanish speaking people. at least 99.999% of legal voters have a working understanding of english. This is a definate plot to allow people who do not understand english to get in on the debates. This is a waste of time, because a huge percentage of them, if they vote, are ILLEGAL!

Oh Boy :dramaquee

j-6
09-28-2007, 12:16 AM

Man, it would be so much easier if everyone knew English! The dry cleaner would never fuck up my suits again. The landscapers would cut my grass at the length I tell them to - putting green, baby! The busboy at Ruth's Chris could go get me another Glenlivet instead of making me wait for that damn waitress. The janitors at the office would completely understand that the quilted two-ply is only for the executive washroom. Even the guys at the car wash would know to vacuum under both bucket seats in my Land Rover!

That's a fucking awesome idea. Let's run with it.

Wild Cobra
09-28-2007, 12:18 AM
Oh Boy :dramaquee
The GOP position wasn't because it was on a Hispanic network, but because the debate would be in Spanish!

TLWisfoine
09-28-2007, 12:26 AM

Even Newt Gingrich disagrees with you
http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/wire/sns-ap-gingrich-minorities,0,2036742.story

PixelPusher
09-28-2007, 01:03 AM
at least 99.999% of legal voters have a working understanding of english.

:lol What part of your ass did you pull that made up stat out of?

clambake
09-28-2007, 01:13 AM

FUCK. i've tried to be the ass on this forum and this guy beats me every time.

Wild Cobra
09-28-2007, 01:54 AM
:lol What part of your ass did you pull that made up stat out of?
You're right. I pulled that stat out of my ass.

Think about it. Less than 1:100,000 legal voters have a working knowledge of English. Am I right or wrong? Care to show otherwise, or do you just offer personal attacks without support?

I may have pulled the number out of my ass, but you continue to prove yourself the ass!

Wild Cobra
09-28-2007, 02:04 AM
You know, there is another reason why the GOP shouldn't debate on a forum controlled by black political organizations. They demonize the republicans every chance they get.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have better places to go than to be around people who will just spin my visit for their own political reasons, especially when they will be against me.

President Bush refused to meet with the NAACP several times for the same reason. All they ever did was criticize him, then they don't understand when he says no to an invite?

How stupid are you liberals anyway?

This has nothing to do with the GOP disliking blacks, but the black leaderships disliking the GOP!

ChumpDumper
09-28-2007, 02:54 AM
What a stereotyping bigot you are.

Nbadan
09-28-2007, 03:44 AM
Quick to throw around label we are....

In national elections, blacks walk pretty-much in lock-step with Demos, but not all blacks support organizations like the NAACP....if fact, there are some richer blacks who would support a Republican if the candidate showed that he was also sympathetic to black issues....say, a Republican Bill Clinton.....fortunately for Demos, the Republicans don't have a candidate like that...

TLWisfoine
09-28-2007, 03:58 AM
You know, there is another reason why the GOP shouldn't debate on a forum controlled by black political organizations. They demonize the republicans every chance they get.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have better places to go than to be around people who will just spin my visit for their own political reasons, especially when they will be against me.

President Bush refused to meet with the NAACP several times for the same reason. All they ever did was criticize him, then they don't understand when he says no to an invite?

How stupid are you liberals anyway?

This has nothing to do with the GOP disliking blacks, but the black leaderships disliking the GOP!

You just can't control yourself can you? You just don't know when to quit!!!

MannyIsGod
09-28-2007, 09:14 AM
Jesus fucking Christ man. Again with the 99.9% number? And if you were half as smart as you claimed to be, you'd know the burden of proof is on you for proving that number. You're a flat out idiot and I'm amazed at your posts here. Even I didn't think you were this overtly racist.

101A
09-28-2007, 10:00 AM

6/10 candidates showed up; institutional racism would have predicted less than a majority. Also, Gingrich, Kemp, and other prominent national Republicans have criticized the 4 front-runners for their decision.

I think is is obscene that ALL FOUR would choose not to participate in that debate. They pretty much suck in my book. I won't vote for any of those in the primary (or course I wasn't going to before the debate, either).

Walter Craparita
09-28-2007, 11:42 AM

Word.

But slap on some southern accents and get to work on that podium!

BradLohaus
09-28-2007, 02:28 PM
The funny thing is, I watched the debate, and it looked like there were quite a few white people there.

Wild Cobra
09-28-2007, 02:29 PM
You just can't control yourself can you? You just don't know when to quit!!!
I'm sorry. I cannot reply to something so vague. Can you elaborate, or do you just intend to insult others? Do you have any moral charactor?

xrayzebra
09-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Even Newt Gingrich disagrees with you
http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/wire/sns-ap-gingrich-minorities,0,2036742.story

Can we have a debate for White folks only? Or how bout
we have a White TV network, or White beauty queen or
better still let us have a White caucus in Congress.

Would that be okay with you TLW?

Give me a break, okay?

TLWisfoine
09-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Can we have a debate for White folks only? Or how bout
we have a White TV network, or White beauty queen or
better still let us have a White caucus in Congress.

Would that be okay with you TLW?

Give me a break, okay?

When whites become an underrepresented minority in this country then of course I would not have a problem with it. But until then...

xrayzebra
09-28-2007, 03:42 PM
When whites become an underrepresented minority in this country then of course I would not have a problem with it. But until then...

Your answer is about what I thought it would be......you
poor soul, so underrepresented. :rolleyes

TLWisfoine
09-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Your answer is about what I thought it would be......you
poor soul, so underrepresented. :rolleyes

Are you trying to say that we aren't?

xrayzebra
09-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Are you trying to say that we aren't?

I most certainly am. You got more representation than
the law allows. A figure of speech. The law not only
allows it, it demands it. And you have the justice brothers
to back it, Al Sharpton and Jess Jackson. (they are a
little busy in Jena, right now, so don't bother them, they
are seeking justice)

I have said my piece on this. You have responsibility just
like everyone else. Don't look to me to provide anything
except my tax money which I have no control over.

If someone like me says anything opposed to your view,
the first words out of your mouth is: You are a racist.
Well call me what you want, I could care less. But
just remember one thing. I am not against you, I am
for you so long as you try. But get on the tit, then
you are on your own. I am not going to nurse you.
Too many have pulled themselves up from nothing.
White/brown/black or whatever damn color YOU want
to assign to them. Most of those that have pulled them
selves up have told others how to do it and all they
hear is you are a uncle Tom or Coconut or whatever.
So get a damn life and quit whining, like I told you.

TLWisfoine
09-28-2007, 04:15 PM
I most certainly am. You got more representation than
the law allows. A figure of speech. The law not only
allows it, it demands it. And you have the justice brothers
to back it, Al Sharpton and Jess Jackson. (they are a
little busy in Jena, right now, so don't bother them, they
are seeking justice)

I have said my piece on this. You have responsibility just
like everyone else. Don't look to me to provide anything
except my tax money which I have no control over.

If someone like me says anything opposed to your view,
the first words out of your mouth is: You are a racist.
Well call me what you want, I could care less. But
just remember one thing. I am not against you, I am
for you so long as you try. But get on the tit, then
you are on your own. I am not going to nurse you.
Too many have pulled themselves up from nothing.
White/brown/black or whatever damn color YOU want
to assign to them. Most of those that have pulled them
selves up have told others how to do it and all they
hear is you are a uncle Tom or Coconut or whatever.
So get a damn life and quit whining, like I told you.

On one hand you complain that blacks are being given too many things, but then you turn around and complain about black ran organizations. You're confusing me here.

xrayzebra
09-28-2007, 04:23 PM
On one hand you complain that blacks are being given too many things, but then you turn around and complain about black ran organizations. You're confusing me here.

I'm not surprised. You sound confused most of the time.
What black ran organizations have I complained about.
None that I know of.

Also I have not complained about blacks, a color which
most aren't, being given too much. I said that any,
no race involved, that get on the tit and stay there are
on their own. PEOPLE have a responsibility to take care of
themselves. And all people, other than those with a
mental or physical problem, have the ability to take
care of themselves. And even some of those with
problems have the ability to care, and do care, for
themselves.

And don't whine about programs, how many damn
programs do you want for the disadvantage/under