http://www.hoopshype.com

Sorry if this didn't need a thread.

exstatic
09-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Better save that per diem money, Keith.

timvp
09-27-2007, 10:05 PM
:td

Wasn't impressive at all during summer league. Small shooting guard that can't shoot.

:sleep

ChumpDumper
09-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Probably just going through the motions since he didn't get any burn in Vegas. Given the talent drain to Europe I can see his playing the point in the D-League this season though -- that would be good for him.

timvp
09-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Well, he would fit in with the "find players that couldn't even beat out Marcus Williams" scenario.

TDMVPDPOY
09-27-2007, 10:28 PM
how hard is it just to beat out a scrub name disco beno....for a roster spot...

T Park
09-28-2007, 01:09 AM
:lol

I guess the Spurs are passing over huge talent :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
09-28-2007, 02:50 AM
The Spurs aren't going to be an attractive destination to just about anyone who can currently play NBA ball at this point. The new guys coming to camp are filler to get through the preseason and maybe catch Mo's eye for a spot on the ten-man Toros roster. I'd actually like to see Langford in that situation; he has already played well at that level.

Bruno
09-28-2007, 04:27 AM
given that Spurs likely don't want to give a lot of guaranteed money to the training camp players because of the luxury tax and players attending Spurs training camp know that they won't make the team, I don't see Spurs having quality players for the training camp.

Langford seems to be a decent player given Spurs constraint. He likely isn't nba material but was quite good in nbdl and in Europe.

tomcat
09-28-2007, 07:50 AM
I have an inside source/friend that says Langford has actually looked good in Spurs minicamp the past 3/4 weeks outplaying everyone they have brought in to look at ie CJ Miles, Alan Anderson, Anthony Lever, Anthony Carter and the coaches have been impressed. Chip has also been working with him daily.

And as far as his size, he looks a couple inches taller than Beno and less than an inch shorter than Ginobili with the naked eye.....now reported heights are a different story.

tomcat
09-28-2007, 08:01 AM
Also doesn't hurt Keith was a KU guy and RC Buford's son is currently a walk-on there. RC was a KU guy too huh?

Maybe a little "tit for tat"...

Bruno
09-28-2007, 08:20 AM
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2007/sep/28/langford_invited_spurs_camp/?mens_basketball

Langford invited to Spurs’ camp
Shooting guard was double-digit scorer in Italy’s pro league last season

By Gary Bedore
Posted Friday, September 28, 2007

Keith Langford has earned an invitation to San Antonio Spurs training camp.

The 24-year-old former Kansas University shooting guard, who was a double-digit scorer in Italy’s pro league last season, averaged 9.0 points and 2.8 rebounds for the Spurs at last summer’s Rocky Mountain Review in Utah.

He hit 15 of 31 shots (48.4 percent), one of three three-pointers and 14 of 24 free throws (58.3 percent) after playing sparingly for the Spurs in the Las Vegas summer league.

“They (Spurs officials) have one roster spot open. They said he has a good chance the way he’s been playing the past month against veteran players at the Spurs’ training facility,” said Michael Whitaker, Langford’s representative who is based in Washington, D.C.

“He didn’t get a lot of time in Vegas, but in Utah they gave him extended playing time, and he made the most of it. He was the team’s second-leading scorer. He’s looking forward to going to training camp next week, playing well in their eight exhibition games and hopefully making the team.”

Langford, a native of Fort Worth, Texas, reportedly signed a one-year contract, and the team has an option for a second year. The contract is contingent on Langford’s making the club.

“Keith turned down numerous six-figure deals in Europe,” Whitaker said of the Jayhawks’ sixth-leading scorer. “He didn’t have anything concrete (as far as NBA camp invitations). He was going by faith. Denver fell through; Atlanta fell through. Even though he was working out with the Spurs the last four weeks, they didn’t give any indication until last week. They wanted to know if he could keep up the consistency against Spurs’ veteran players and other NBA players. He was consistent, and they invited him to camp.”

Asked about playing for the NBA champion Spurs, Langford this summer said: “It’s a dream come true to play in the NBA, regardless, but to come into a situation like that where you’re winning would be great. All you can do is control what you can, and do what they (coaches) say to do.”

Langford has options if he doesn’t make the team.

“If he doesn’t do well enough, he’ll have to decide whether to go back to Europe or the D-league,” Whitaker said of the NBA Developmental League. “He’s focused on making the team right now.”

Bruno
09-28-2007, 08:25 AM
I have an inside source/friend that says Langford has actually looked good in Spurs minicamp the past 3/4 weeks outplaying everyone they have brought in to look at ie CJ Miles, Alan Anderson, Anthony Lever, Anthony Carter and the coaches have been impressed. Chip has also been working with him daily.

And as far as his size, he looks a couple inches taller than Beno and less than an inch shorter than Ginobili with the naked eye.....now reported heights are a different story.

Thanks for the infos.

Langford isn't taller than Udrih.

Langford measurement (2005 predraft camp) :
Size w/o shoes : 6'2.25"
Size with shoes : 6'3.5"
weight : 203 lbs
wingspan : 6'9"
standing reach : 8'5"

Udrih measurement (2004 predraft camp) :
Size w/o shoes : 6'2.5"
Size with shoes : 6'3.75"
weight : 199 lbs
wingspan : 6'4.5"
standing reach : 8'2"

tomcat
09-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Perhaps he grew? He was only 21 at the time ;)

Found a youtube on Langford from Italy league where he avg 19.7 ppg

Warning, music is awful might want to watch w/o sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhRXiLBbLuc

ChumpDumper
09-28-2007, 12:33 PM
He's listed at 193cm in Italy, so it doesn't seem like he's grown any. decent size for a combo guard; that's the only way he could ever make it in the NBA.

06-07 Italian stats (http://www.legaduebasket.it/player/?id=LAN-KEI)

Keep in mind that he was playing in Italy's 2 League.

05-06 D-League stats (http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/keith_langford/index.html)

barbacoataco
09-28-2007, 01:26 PM
If Langford makes it as the 15th man, then Marcus Williams is out?

Bruno
09-28-2007, 02:30 PM
At least timvp won't make nightmares with CJ Watson. He has signed with Charlotte (Akindele too).
Alex Garcia has signed with Maccabi. :depressed

tomcat
09-28-2007, 04:02 PM
ChumpDumper,

Italy 2 league should be as good/better as high school comp and a lot of these kids before the rule change had only honed their skills against high schoolers............right?

The only thing I see Marcus Williams could have over Langford is height.

BTW, did you notice the comparison of Langford's wingspan vs Udrih? Freakish!

Scola Trade
09-28-2007, 04:18 PM
For some reason when I saw the subject of this thread my mind read Keith McLeod... thanks God I was wrong. McLeod sucks!

ChumpDumper
09-28-2007, 05:24 PM
ChumpDumper,

Italy 2 league should be as good/better as high school comp and a lot of these kids before the rule change had only honed their skills against high schoolers............right?There have been good players in Lega Due, I just didn't want people to think it was their best league. It's much closer to the D-League if one wants to make comparisons.

The only thing I see Marcus Williams could have over Langford is height.I hope they are trying to groom him for a different position.

BTW, did you notice the comparison of Langford's wingspan vs Udrih? Freakish!Might help him a bit, but he never stood out to me as a defender. Jayhawks are good system guys though -- I would love to have him on the Toros.

Kori Ellis
09-28-2007, 05:57 PM
For some reason when I saw the subject of this thread my mind read Keith McLeod... thanks God I was wrong. McLeod sucks!
Keith McLeod is working out with the Cavs. Hassan Adams, Darius Rice, Anthony Tolliver as well.

Spurs Brazil
09-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Alex Garcia has signed with Maccabi

DAMN, I'm trying to find more about it on brazilians website but I didn't find anything

objective
09-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Garcia unavailable now?

Terrible news, he might have had the potential to push the Spurs to cut Beno.

ChumpDumper
09-28-2007, 07:20 PM
pfft--Langford might be able to push Beno out if he can bring the ball up the court in preseason.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Langford was good in college but everyone said his game wouldn't translate to much in the nba.
He could be the next Toro Master though.

Spurs Brazil
09-28-2007, 08:18 PM
"Maccabi" gali papildyti NBA žaidęs A.Garcia

Spausdinti2007-09-24 12:12
Krepsinis.net

Dėl niekaip nepasveikstančio Tel Avivo "Maccabi" gynėjo Talio Buršteino, kluba yra priverstas ieškotis naujo krepšininko. Vienu realiausių kandidatų į Izraelio čempionų klubą yra 27 metų 189 cm ūgio brazilas Alexas Garcia.

Šią vasarą žaidėjas atstovavo Brazilijos rinktinei Amerikos čempionate, o 2003-05 metais rungtyniavo NBA ekipose San Antonijaus "Spurs" bei Naujojo Orleano "Hornets".

NBA pirmenybėse žaidėjas praktiškai nežaidė - per du sezonus aikštelėje pasirodė 10 kartų. Per vidutiniškai 16 minučių jis pelnydavo 4,7 taško, atkovodavo 1,5 kamuolio bei atlikdavo 1,8 rezultatyvaus perdavimo.

Po ne itin nusisekusios karjeros NBA, žaidėjas grįžo rungtyniauti į Braziliją, kur praėjusį sezoną atstovavo "Universo" komandai, laimėjusiai šalies pirmenybių aukso medalius.

http://krepsinis.net/news.php?news_id=73336

ChumpDumper
09-28-2007, 08:43 PM
By the way, the Nets have added Jumaine Jones to their training camp roster.
http://blog.nj.com/netsblast/2007/09/houston_redux.html