PDA

View Full Version : Top 4 Championship contenders

SpursDynasty
09-28-2007, 10:09 PM
I think it's pretty much in stone that the conference finalists will be San Antonio and Utah for the West, and Detroit and Boston for the East:

1. San Antonio - As the favorites for the championship going into the season, there is just no stopping this team, period.
2. Boston - As probably the league's 2nd best team, if the Spurs for some bizarre reason drop some games in the Finals, Boston would be the one winning it.
3. Utah - The only way Utah could make the NBA Finals is if Tim Duncan gets injured. I'd have to say Boston over Utah in 7 if that happens.
4. Detroit - They have made the East Finals for five straight seasons. I would expect a sixth straight ECF appearance for this team. If Detroit gets by Boston, which they are capable of doing, Detroit could beat Utah but not SA.

Shank
09-28-2007, 10:30 PM
It's also in stone that your band will be performing outside of a Whataburger in the coming weeks. After which, you'll slink home to your parents' basement for a night full of Warcraft and shameful masturbation.

mavs>spurs2
09-28-2007, 10:37 PM
:lol

anakha
09-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Jeff gets points for trolling persistence, if nothing else. :lol

lefty
09-29-2007, 12:02 AM
1- Spurs
2- Spurs
3- Spurs
4- Warriors

Findog
09-29-2007, 12:25 AM
It's also in stone that your band will be performing outside of a Whataburger in the coming weeks. After which, you'll slink home to your parents' basement for a night full of Warcraft and shameful masturbation.

Don't knock the Jeff Daniels Band, Killface. Here are the top four contenders for their next gig:

1. Olive Garden in Richardson
2. Hooters in McKinney
3. Chipotle in Irving
4. Pizza Hut in Garland

Let's hope Jeff takes it easy on the partying and doesn't pull a Carter Albrecht. SpursDynasty wouldn't be the same without him.

DOMINATOR
09-29-2007, 12:35 AM
I think it's pretty much in stone that the conference finalists will be San Antonio and Utah for the West, and Detroit and Boston for the East:

1. San Antonio - As the favorites for the championship going into the season, there is just no stopping this team, period.
2. Boston - As probably the league's 2nd best team, if the Spurs for some bizarre reason drop some games in the Finals, Boston would be the one winning it.
3. Utah - The only way Utah could make the NBA Finals is if Tim Duncan gets injured. I'd have to say Boston over Utah in 7 if that happens.
4. Detroit - They have made the East Finals for five straight seasons. I would expect a sixth straight ECF appearance for this team. If Detroit gets by Boston, which they are capable of doing, Detroit could beat Utah but not SA.
stupid fuck. wanna fight bitch?
DO YA?
any time any where pussy ass mother fucker.

:ihit

SpursDynasty
09-29-2007, 02:30 AM
stupid fuck. wanna fight bitch?
DO YA?
any time any where pussy ass mother fucker.

:ihit

Are you mad because I left Houston off the list? See, to be a contender, you don't blow a 2-0 series lead in two of the last three seasons. And you DON'T have Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming as your team leaders.

I hope they lose in the first round again.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-29-2007, 02:30 AM

Well line Lenard has pointed out before, you will change that list before the end of the week. :clap :clap :clap Hey let me know if the Jeff Daniels band is going to be playing around the DFW area sometime soon. Findog and Mono keep saying so many awesome things about this band that it is making me :madrun because I have yet to see this great band! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

Kamnik
09-29-2007, 03:59 AM
SA
Dallas
Houston
Celtics
Utah (ify they can move AK for Marion they are really dangerous)

Dirk Nowitzki
09-29-2007, 04:37 AM
Utah more of a contender than Phoenix??? :lmao :lmao :lmao What have they done that will move them up past the suns? They still have no 2 guard and now they lack a backup pg. 2007 Jazz=2005 Sonics. Nuggets will be better than Utah next season as will a listful of other teams.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Spurs
Mavs
Bulls
Celtics

DOMINATOR
09-29-2007, 11:01 AM
Are you mad because I left Houston off the list? See, to be a contender, you don't blow a 2-0 series lead in two of the last three seasons. And you DON'T have Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming as your team leaders.

HEY do you wanna fight or not? :ihit :ihit :ihit

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-29-2007, 11:04 AM
:lmao Forgot to log out of your troll?

DOMINATOR
09-29-2007, 11:13 AM
:lmao Forgot to log out of your troll?
damn once i saw you viewing thread i knew i was caught.
:spin

G-Money
09-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Spurs
Mavs
Bulls
Celtics
:rollin

SpursDynasty
09-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Utah more of a contender than Phoenix??? :lmao :lmao :lmao What have they done that will move them up past the suns? They still have no 2 guard and now they lack a backup pg. 2007 Jazz=2005 Sonics. Nuggets will be better than Utah next season as will a listful of other teams.

Utah made the conference finals last year.

They were 2-1 vs Dallas and 3-1 vs Phoenix.

Solid team.

SpursDynasty
09-29-2007, 12:42 PM
HEY do you wanna fight or not? :ihit :ihit :ihit

No I'd rather stay home and watch the Rockets lose and play like shit.

monosylab1k
09-29-2007, 12:56 PM
No I'd rather practice for the next Josh Daniels band performance at Buffalo Wild Wings in Addison.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-29-2007, 12:59 PM
:lmao

E20
09-29-2007, 01:28 PM
LMAO

Shameful masturbation.

dirk4mvp
09-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Well line Lenard has pointed out before, you will change that list before the end of the week. :clap :clap :clap Hey let me know if the Jeff Daniels band is going to be playing around the DFW area sometime soon. Findog and Mono keep saying so many awesome things about this band that it is making me :madrun because I have yet to see this great band! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

I really need to make a trip out to tx to listen to this awesome band. Do they have a myspace so I can listen to THE Josh Daniels band's awesome tunes ?

Dirk Nowitzki
09-29-2007, 03:02 PM
I really need to make a trip out to tx to listen to this awesome band. Do they have a myspace so I can listen to THE Jeff Daniels band's awesome tunes ?

:madrun :madrun :madrun Not that I know of. Then against ask the band's 2 biggest fans in Mono and Findog! They have the Josh Daniels cds, photos,probably have their fan page of him too.

monosylab1k
09-29-2007, 03:23 PM
The Josh Daniels band myspace is linked to Jeff/SpursDynasty's myspace page.

Looks like he's got an October 5th gig on the Chevy Main Stage at the State Fair! That's fuckin huge, Jeff!

Dirk Nowitzki
09-29-2007, 06:24 PM
The Josh Daniels band myspace is linked to Jeff/SpursDynasty's myspace page.

Looks like he's got an October 5th gig on the Chevy Main Stage at the State Fair! That's fuckin huge, Jeff!

Sweet! I am so fucking going! I am always all over the DFW area especially on the weekends. I will even get their early to get as close to the band as possible. Mono you have seen this amazing band live before. How was it?

Roxsfan
09-29-2007, 07:27 PM

Shut the fuck up you Utah leg-humper. :rolleyes

Indazone
09-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Utah? Well they got past the Warriors and then promptly got thumped by the Spurs. I gotta hand it to the Jazz. Sloan has that team playing really dirty physical basketball. But they still suck and they will not be able to get through the new retooled Rockets squad.

theroc5
09-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Spurs
Mavs
Suns
cavs/celtics/wizards/pistons all could come out of the east

but it doesnt matter b/c either the spurs, mavs or suns will win the title and since the spurs are the champs ima go with them. that and the suns havent gotten any better infact with out thomas maybe worse and mavs just choke :smokin

yourcheatinheart
09-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Spurs
Mavs
Suns
cavs/celtics/wizards/pistons all could come out of the east

but it doesnt matter b/c either the spurs, mavs or suns will win the title and since the spurs are the champs ima go with them. that and the suns havent gotten any better infact with out thomas maybe worse and mavs just choke :smokin

kurt thomas was a bench warmer that got paid 8 million dollars. brian skinner will be a good replacement seeing the suns main focus is going to be small ball. duncan is going to get his regardless. spurs fans put to much emphasis in a guy who did a "decent" job guarding tim duncan. imo the suns are going to run laps around everyone this year.

mavs>spurs2
09-29-2007, 09:11 PM
the suns are still contenders but i wouldnt go so far yet as to say they're gonna "run laps around everyone"

IMO the west is even stronger now than ever, and it was extremely tough before.
Now not only do you have the big 3 of Dallas, Phoenix, and San Antonio, you also have promising teams like Golden State and Utah. Hell, if Marion somehow goes to LA for odom then the lakers could even make a run.

Roxsfan
09-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Utah? Well they got past the Warriors and then promptly got thumped by the Spurs. I gotta hand it to the Jazz. Sloan has that team playing really dirty physical basketball. But they still suck and they will not be able to get through the new retooled Rockets squad.

damn fucking str8

SpursDynasty
09-29-2007, 11:46 PM
What "retooled" Rockets squad? They didn't add any All-Stars.

DOMINATOR
09-29-2007, 11:54 PM
What "retooled" Rockets squad? They didn't add any All-Stars.
no... they didn't need any either. what they did do was add major depth. last year's 6th man may not even crack the rotation this season or will be a 9th/10th man.

rockets lost to the jazz because the bench was absolute crap. addition of James/Bonzi/Scola/Francis looks nice.

And1Mak
09-30-2007, 12:25 AM
I'll include a bonus and give you my top 5.

1. Spurs- Champs deserve their due. Though I'm sure Finley will find a way choke it away this year.

2. Mavs- Payback, and vengeance, is a bitch.

3. Heat- Never underestimate a healthy Dwyane Wade.

4. Suns- Had it not been a few too many steps on the court by Amare, phx could be your defending champs.

5. Celtics- KG-Ray-Pierce. blah blah, should be good. Should be great.
But way over-rated, put the anointing oil away.

Sleepers: Rox, Nuggs, Cavs, & Magic. Maybe Toronto.

SpursDynasty
09-30-2007, 12:42 AM
I'll include a bonus and give you my top 5.

1. Spurs- Champs deserve their due. Though I'm sure Finley will find a way choke it away this year.

2. Mavs- Payback, and vengeance, is a bitch.

3. Heat- Never underestimate a healthy Dwyane Wade.

4. Suns- Had it not been a few too many steps on the court by Amare, phx could be your defending champs.

5. Celtics- KG-Ray-Pierce. blah blah, should be good. Should be great.
But way over-rated, put the anointing oil away.

Sleepers: Rox, Nuggs, Cavs, & Magic. Maybe Toronto.

I thought the Mavs wanted to get payback after losing the 2006 Finals? PHOENIX WOULD NOT HAVE BEATEN THE SPURS, SUSPENSIONS OR NOT, PERIOD!

Phoenix is old.

And1Mak
09-30-2007, 12:53 AM
I thought the Mavs wanted to get payback after losing the 2006 Finals? PHOENIX WOULD NOT HAVE BEATEN THE SPURS, SUSPENSIONS OR NOT, PERIOD!

Phoenix is old.

Yea, and now the Mavs want payback twice as much.
Not bashing on your lovely Spurs...
There's a reason I ranked Mavs #2 and Suns #4, damn.

Seriously, watch out for Finley though.
He might just become the MVP for the opposing team.

sprrs
09-30-2007, 01:15 AM
Utah made the conference finals last year.

They were 2-1 vs Dallas and 3-1 vs Phoenix.

Solid team.

Cleveland made the conference finals last year and was 2-0 vs. the defending champs. They should be over the Jazz by that logic.

phyzik
09-30-2007, 01:50 AM
kurt thomas was a bench warmer that got paid 8 million dollars. brian skinner will be a good replacement seeing the suns main focus is going to be small ball. duncan is going to get his regardless. spurs fans put to much emphasis in a guy who did a "decent" job guarding tim duncan. imo the suns are going to run laps around everyone this year.

The only laps the Suns will be running is around the court as punishment after they lose in the playoffs again. :drunk

Dirk Nowitzki
10-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Yea, and now the Mavs want payback twice as much.
Not bashing on your lovely Spurs...
There's a reason I ranked Mavs #2 and Suns #4, damn.

Seriously, watch out for Finley though.
He might just become the MVP for the opposing team.

So far I have yet to see Finley be negative in the postseason for the Spurs. He has been anything but that. Playing with Tim Duncan can really help a players confidence. The guy has been HUGE for the Spurs especially late in games. I just wished he was this automatic for us like he is now! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :madrun :madrun :madrun

Cry Havoc
10-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Personal thoughts:

1. Spurs - Still the best team. No one short of the Rockets have made any moves to even threaten the Spurs more than they did last year. Duncan's numbers will probably be very similar to last year, and Parker is just getting better. Scary.

2. Houston - Made the moves, could be the ones to stop this year, or a huge bust. Francis is a massive risk at guard, and if tems can find a way to frustrate him it might be a short playoff run again for the Rockets. Still, I have to put them here because of the teams in contention, they have the 2nd best defense in the league, and now scoring to go with it.

3. Dallas - Wow, the top 3 teams are from Texas. I'm not, so don't consider this a homer opinion. The Mavs looked horrible, and the Golden State series might have exposed their flaws to the world. Their mental attitudes coming into the regular season will probably be fine, but once the playoffs start, so will the doubts.

4a. Chicago - Yes, the Bulls (also a sleeper pick since EVERYONE seems to have forgotten about them completely). They are solid 1-5 (which is something that no one else in the East can really claim outside of lackluster Detroit), they are young, and they are just getting better. Deng's emergence as a primary threat should elevate this team to a Finals match with the Spurs this year. It might have been a bad thing for this team to dominate the Heat so thoroughly last year, because they went into the Detroit series with a poor mindset, befitting of a younger club. Don't forget about this young, talented team.

4b and c. Cavs and Celtics, for obvious reasons. But of the three, the Celtics are the only ones with enough horsepower to beat a WC team 4 out of 7. Not that it's going to happen anytime soon, barring catastrophic injuries.

* Utah losing AK will be a blow to this team, but expect them to make another deep playoff run.

** The Suns will not win the title for the simple fact that they are unable to make the Finals, and will founder again this year with absolutely no D to speak of and Shawn Marion now wanting out.

The_Game
10-01-2007, 12:09 PM
I disagree, I think It's very possible Boston could beat a west team in the finals. It may not happen but I could certainly see It. KG, Pierce and Allen is alot to handle.

Chris Childs
10-01-2007, 12:11 PM
This thread loses all creditbility with New York not in the top 4

Mister Sinister
10-01-2007, 12:35 PM
STFU, Knickfag.

Chris Childs
10-01-2007, 01:37 PM
STFU, Knickfag.

right back at you, goon.

Cry Havoc
10-01-2007, 01:41 PM
I disagree, I think It's very possible Boston could beat a west team in the finals. It may not happen but I could certainly see It. KG, Pierce and Allen is alot to handle.

No PG and no bench = no title. I said they had enough firepower. Unfortunately, only Garnett knows how to play tough Playoff defense. They will get absolutely exploited by any decent defensive team. They're essentially going 3 on 5 on the offensive side of the ball. Double Garnett, double Pierce if he goes inside, and stick a guy on Allen, who is mostly a spot-up. Pierce won't shoot good enough from deep to beat you by himself. And there ARE some decent defensive teams in the East.

The_Game
10-01-2007, 01:50 PM
No PG and no bench = no title. I said they had enough firepower. Unfortunately, only Garnett knows how to play tough Playoff defense. They will get absolutely exploited by any decent defensive team. They're essentially going 3 on 5 on the offensive side of the ball. Double Garnett, double Pierce if he goes inside, and stick a guy on Allen, who is mostly a spot-up. Pierce won't shoot good enough from deep to beat you by himself. And there ARE some decent defensive teams in the East.

Rondo is more than good enough as a guy who can get steals, get to the rim and pass. They don't need much more. Their bench is actually ok now with Posey, House, Jones, Allen as the main guys who can score. Don't forget posey started and was a key guy in Miami's title run.

exploited by any decent defensive team? hardly, teams are going to find it very hard to guard Boston. what you just mentioned is very hard to do..."double pierce and stick a guy on allen? if only it was that easy. If you double any of the big 3 you will pay for it with the other two and one of the shooters boston will have on the floor.

no east team has a chance to beat them if they gel, NO ONE....

Cry Havoc
10-01-2007, 02:07 PM
no east team has a chance to beat them if they gel, NO ONE....

Agreed. But that's a huge "if".

I think they're be great in the reg season if healthy. I'm just doubtful of Rondo's abilities at a playoff level. Do I think they'll make a run at the ECF? Absolutely. Are they going to be hard to guard? Yep.

However, look at the matchups. Let's take the Bulls. Stick Hinrich on Allen, bring an extra over from whoever is on Rondo or whoever they stick at the 5 to guard Pierce when he tries to penetrate, and just keep KG from getting easy points.

I never said it was a wrap to guard them. I just said there are some good 5 man teams in the east to get it done. Detroit and Chicago primarily. Though a Cleveland Boston ECF would be entertaining in the extreme*.

* For a sloppy Eastern Conference playoff series.

LEONARD
10-01-2007, 04:10 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1975501&postcount=178