PDA

View Full Version : Now most hated team in spirit of holidays

Rummpd
12-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Hard to hate the dysfunctional Fakers so much anymore - sure it could be re-stirred someday but. In the spirit of holiday hate:

1) Wolves - Garnett is really a Artest lite waiting time bomb to explode. One fine day for the NBA he will cold cock and aggressivley punch a real player in a real game. Plus it is hard to like Casell and "Mr. cannot live on 14 mil choke a coach cornrow head". Griffin fits right in with these clowns. Plus they have that pretty boy coach and shooting guard who are both over-rated. Still a dangerous team though.
2) Sonics - Fortson a thug, no love lost now between Spurs and these players. Sonics to get rude awakening 3rd meeting in my opinion by a very motivated Spurs team.
3) Dallas - used to hate them but heard Dirk the other day and actually sounds pretty classy but still with that coach and coach prototype and waco ADD driven owner still way up there.
4) Suns - a threat and hate to see all the shots of Nash's mop and/or wife (although she is still very tepid to look at).
5) Heat - any team with Shaq is hatable for his past "kind words about David Robinson etc".
6) LA - old time sake - how fast they fall
7) Detroit - can't stand Larry Brown
8) Pacers - hard to hate a team that lost so many in a row but they will rebound
9) Jazz - still play thuggish ball at times
10) Kings - Webber and Bibby makes them very hatable alone.

MadDoc

Phenomanul
12-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Hard to hate the dysfunctional Fakers so much anymore - sure it could be re-stirred someday but. In the spirit of holiday hate:

1) Wolves - Garnett is really a Artest lite waiting time bomb to explode. One fine day for the NBA he will cold cock and aggressivley punch a real player in a real game. Plus it is hard to like Casell and "Mr. cannot live on 14 mil choke a coach cornrow head". Griffin fits right in with these clowns. Plus they have that pretty boy coach and shooting guard who are both over-rated. Still a dangerous team though.
2) Sonics - Fortson a thug, no love lost now between Spurs and these players. Sonics to get rude awakening 3rd meeting in my opinion by a very motivated Spurs team.
3) Dallas - used to hate them but heard Dirk the other day and actually sounds pretty classy but still with that coach and coach prototype and waco ADD driven owner still way up there.
4) Suns - a threat and hate to see all the shots of Nash's mop and/or wife (although she is still very tepid to look at).
5) Heat - any team with Shaq is hatable for his past "kind words about David Robinson etc".
6) LA - old time sake - how fast they fall
7) Detroit - can't stand Larry Brown
8) Pacers - hard to hate a team that lost so many in a row but they will rebound
9) Jazz - still play thuggish ball at times
10) Kings - Webber and Bibby makes them very hatable alone.

MadDoc

You sure do hate alot of folks.... but make very convincing points.... I can't say that I hate them, except to say that I relish a rivalry that can add court drama to games (all on the court... no off the court garbage)....

johnny00
12-16-2004, 03:07 PM

MadDoc
I said the exact same thing the day of the second meeting between these two teams, whoooo boy, was I wrong. Maybe after getting thier ass kicked twice.....

exstatic
12-16-2004, 03:21 PM

What? Flip is probably the only coach in the league uglier than Pop. He looks like he did a stint as a human punching bag with that squashed nose. Over-rated? Probably. Pretty boy? Probably not.

T Park
12-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Cant say as that there is any team I 'despise"

Kobe Bryant is still on the Lakers so I still have a little disdain for them, but if they are playing Phoenix or Seattle, Im rooting for em.

sickdsm
12-16-2004, 08:28 PM
they have that pretty boy coach and shooting guard who are both over-rated

To quote little nicky, he's no george clooney but i can name a slew who are uglier. Pop, Tomjonovich, Nelly, SVG, JVG, Wilkens, Silas, etc.....

SG?? I would assume you meant Hoiberg but pretty much everyone in the world will agree that he's underated. Wally? I've been saying that for years. Best shooter in the game, arguably. Don't ask him to take a single dribble however. Kinda funny how theres lots of people in this forum that argue how great he is when the get on KG's jock for having a great supporting cast years past.

exstatic
12-16-2004, 08:40 PM
I think few argue that Wally is "great", just that he was one of the All-Stars that KG has played with. Googs and Starbury, as well as Brandon, and Alien were other All Stars that he played with when they were All Stars. That's five. Tim has played with exactly one teammate who was an All Star during Tim's career: David Robinson.

sickdsm
12-16-2004, 08:47 PM
Kenyon Martin was an allstar playin alongside Jason Kidd

Who has TD made better? Last i checked one of last years best 3pt shooting pg was supposed to make it a cakewalk for the spurs to a parade in june. SJackson certainly wasn't missing him. Hedo hasn't been. I'll give you rasho plays great.........When duncan isn't playing. Manu and TP would be allstars on MOST other teams.

But you want all stars, right??? OK, i'll trade you Wally for Manu, TP, Barry, any one of them. Because its all about all stars. Hell, how about Spree, Wally, and sammy for all three???? I guarantee you its laughable based on talent alone.

SequSpur
12-16-2004, 08:47 PM
Weak topic.

sickdsm
12-16-2004, 08:49 PM
I forgot to mention how crappy Ward played onlly AFTER he joined Timmy and Co. Wasn't he supposed to be the missing link for a cakewalk LAST year too????

SequSpur
12-16-2004, 08:50 PM
Go fuck yourself. Ward sucked before he got to San Antonio. When you get a championship you can join the club, until then, shut the fuck up.

T Park
12-16-2004, 08:57 PM
word sequ.

First round and out, when your team does something of significant, then bring your bs.

exstatic
12-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Who has TD made better?

The San Antonio Spurs, twice.
http://www.hhweb.com/photos/nba2003champs/Duncan_Robinson_small.jpg
Suck it. :lol

sickdsm
12-16-2004, 09:13 PM
For comparison sakes per game averages will be adjusted to compensate for exactly half the minutes played after he joined the Spurs.
Ward 03/04 w/ Knicks
8.7 PPG 2.7 RPG 4.9 APG 1.3 SPG .442 FG% .428 3PT% .762 FT%
Ward 03/04 w/ Spurs
6.6 PPG 2.6 RPG 2.6 APG 1 SPG .346 FG % .368 3PT % .667 FT%

Those numbers in 23.6 MPG relect a pretty damn good PG for backup duty. Given 32 MPG he would have dished out about 6.6 assists. Not too shabby. He sucked ass after joining SA. Must have been the weather, huh?

sickdsm
12-16-2004, 09:15 PM
I know, i know. How many rings has shaq won playing alongside a HOF'er?

Give up????

Same as KG, Kobe, TD

exstatic
12-16-2004, 09:21 PM
I know, i know. How many rings has shaq won playing alongside a HOF'er?

Give up????

Same as KG, Kobe, TD

What? Are you talking about future HOFers? If so, Shaq, David, and Tim will be, and Kobe may be. That would put the HOF teammate champions scoreboard at:

Shaq/Kobe 3
David/Tim 2

Garnett, while probable HOF material is at 0, but then you knew that already.

sickdsm
12-16-2004, 09:25 PM
That was a typo, obviously. I meant to say without playing alongside a HOF.

exstatic
12-16-2004, 10:23 PM
Well, since none of the above are actually IN the HOF, then your answer is incorrect. ALL except KG have won without a HOF teammate.

Just wondering if you think all of the Boston Celtics players of yore suck because they could only win with HOF teammates....

ShoogarBear
12-17-2004, 12:36 AM
Anybody want to roll out those "who gets the most stats in garbage time" numbers again?

sickdsm
12-17-2004, 07:24 PM
Anyone want to roll out the "how crappy does the team play when your superstar PF is out" stats? Do you honestly think that Flip is keeping him in there for 44 MPG on a first night of a back to back for stat padding? Other teams go on huge runs when he's out. When he gets back in everyone is already lighting it up. It seems individual players on the spurs flourish when tim isn't in but the wolves basically suck when KG is out. These are stuff the stats really don't show. Plus/minus doesn't do it credit. I shouldn't have to explain this. Knowledgable BB fans should know this. This has been happeing for as long as KG has been the man.

sickdsm
12-17-2004, 07:36 PM
Hey ex, good comeback. That ranks right up there with making fun of misspellings, grammar errors and comments about my mom/sexuality.

As for the Celtics/Lakers, i think SOME of them were overated/underated. Its incomprehendable to imagine HOF'ers coming off the bench nowdays. It just wouldn't happan. Free Agency, money, respect all mean so much more that you'll never find that many guys at that point in their career playing. Swap anyother HOF'er on those celtics except Bird in his prime with the Jordan-Bulls and he wouldn't have won nearly as much if any.

2pac
12-17-2004, 07:43 PM
My junk is bigger than your junk.