PDA

View Full Version : I told all yall optimistic longhorn fans

Cant_Be_Faded
09-29-2007, 05:48 PM
this season was and is cursed

from the start it has been cursed

now that this has happened please allow me to elucidate, however in my tipsy state i will not be as precise as possible

1) the countless law encounters

2) the countless preseason injuries

3) the mysterious looking gigantic black grackle birds of prey that would not leave the field in the season opener

4) Orakpo

5) Sweed having the quietest opening 3 games for a go to guy I've ever witnessed

6) Ulatowski

7) Kindle

8) Colt McCoy throwing more interceptions in 3 games than in all of his previous year

9) Colt McCoy's meltdown versus Kstate; have you ever seen so many interceptions as a result of a Dlineman tipping/intercepting the ball?

CURSED
I called it before the season even started. Cursed i saiddd. We pissed off someone very important up there.

Hook Dem
09-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Good call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant_Be_Faded
09-29-2007, 06:00 PM
I said this so many times in preseason this was setting up to be a cursed season

If only Snead had not been the biggest deepest widest loosest pussy in the history of Texas Sports, this would be his chance to step up and be the leader of a good franchise. But no, he was a pussy and was scared by Colt fucking McCoy.
I say we start Chiles every fucking game the rest of the way, we're gonna have a losing conference record no matter what, might as well get Chiles some good experience throwing the ball.

mookie2001
09-29-2007, 06:09 PM
i say start chiles too

blame list

1. coaches son

2. special teams coverage

3. greg davis wasting downs by "running" from the shotgun

4. limas sweed (if this was a dynasty and your sr starting wr with a 95 rating dropped 3 balls like that, you would cut him midseason just for spite)

5. killebrew

yes you can run

yes you hit

all you have to do is learn how to tackle

Cant_Be_Faded
09-29-2007, 06:11 PM
if colt mccoy had not thrown 4 interceptions this would seriously be the impetus needed for Davis getting fired

what sucks (and is more proof this season is cursed) is that mccoy (while being 80% responsible for this loss) will get 100% of the blame, and greg davis will scamper away looking like an offensive mack brown blowjob giving genius

this is heinous
fire that motherfucker

he ran from the shotgun for every fucking first down in the second half and it resulted in like 1 yard at best every time. that is flat out sad

what other team in NCAA do you see doing this shit? None cuz it doesnt fucking work

mookie2001
09-29-2007, 06:18 PM
a shitload of teams do it

and it does work, but not when youre losing, AND in the same formation every 1st down AND your qb has no scrot AND you almost never throw deep

Cant_Be_Faded
09-29-2007, 06:20 PM
texas hasn't thrown a downfield pass in like 4 seasons

mookie2001
09-29-2007, 06:22 PM
coming up ou and a&m will soley recruit white receivers with a top priority placed on being a coaches son and having a high football IQ

j-6
09-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Ooooh, Colt's lined up at wideout and the guy at QB is a runner! If Davis wanted to put in an offensive wrinkle, how about a damn pro set formation so someone can block for Charles?

Cant_Be_Faded
09-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Ooooh, Colt's lined up at wideout and the guy at QB is a runner! If Davis wanted to put in an offensive wrinkle, how about a damn pro set formation so someone can block for Charles?

EX FUCKING ACTLY

how does that make any fucking sense?? ?? ?? HOW??!?!

The thrower is at WR and the Runner is at QB

how does that make sense?

What makes less sense is that formation had more success than the one play where we actually had Chiles at WR and Colt at QB

hmm

tlongII
09-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh shut up CBF!

DNS Error
09-29-2007, 08:44 PM
only texas could lose a shield the likes of which vy gave them...

Mr Dio
09-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Yeah, the Horns should feel bad for losing to a team like KSU 2 yrs in a row bit hopefully they pull their head & go for bigger & better things this season.
KSU will prob see this as the highlight to their season, which is sad but hey, what else do they have to look forward to in football?

And talk about REALLY blowing it.
The #3, #4 AND #5 teams LOSE while the "#1" team escapes.

Mr Dio
09-29-2007, 10:28 PM
:lol

Florida loses TWICE, couldn't ICE the K so he just did it again....

Mr Dio
09-29-2007, 10:29 PM
LSU will most likely win the BCS in their hm state.
They're the only team this yr to play like a true #1 team.

scott
09-30-2007, 02:06 AM
Florida didn't exactly look like world beaters against Tulane... a strange day in college football today...

RonMexico
09-30-2007, 02:58 AM
This is hilarious... and the only reason A&M won last week was because Colt had an "off" game... looks to be a pretty typical game from what I can see.

BeerIsGood!
09-30-2007, 09:31 AM
this season was and is cursed

from the start it has been cursed

now that this has happened please allow me to elucidate, however in my tipsy state i will not be as precise as possible

1) the countless law encounters

2) the countless preseason injuries

3) the mysterious looking gigantic black grackle birds of prey that would not leave the field in the season opener

4) Orakpo

5) Sweed having the quietest opening 3 games for a go to guy I've ever witnessed

6) Ulatowski

7) Kindle

8) Colt McCoy throwing more interceptions in 3 games than in all of his previous year

9) Colt McCoy's meltdown versus Kstate; have you ever seen so many interceptions as a result of a Dlineman tipping/intercepting the ball?

CURSED
I called it before the season even started. Cursed i saiddd. We pissed off someone very important up there.

I'm right with 'ya. I saw this shit coming from a mile away. Once they started talking about how you just can't blow everyone out and started all the "we may have just squeaked by, but we still won" bullshit after the UCF game I knew this season was doomed. That's why I haven't been on here talking shit, if I can do anything it's realize when I have no leg to stand on. This team is fucking pathetic, and the O Line has been a bit less than average all season.

The fucked up thing is I don't know who's more pathetic at this point, us or OU? It seems like the winner of this coming week's game is definitely going to be the team who fucks up just a little less. At this point, I don't really give a shit what the record will be. Just start Chiles and the young kids with talent and start building for a big time 2008, 2009, and 2010 run. I like Colt's heart, but his head got destroyed last year. He hasn't been anything better than average in 4 games this season, and that's not going to change.

j-6
09-30-2007, 12:14 PM
This is hilarious... and the only reason A&M won last week was because Colt had an "off" game... looks to be a pretty typical game from what I can see.

Did you mean last year, Ookie?

If so, I get your point. If Stephen McGee* was under center** in burnt orange the Horns would be second in the country on Monday.

* Or Freeman. Or Daniel. Or basically any starting QB in the B12 who's mom feeds him chicken besides that overrated QB at Tech or the Polish kid at Baylor.

** Almost forgot, Greg Davis wouldn't let a Jesus Christ take snaps from anything besides the shotgun spread zone read. Even if he redshirted.

StylisticS
09-30-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm right with 'ya. I saw this shit coming from a mile away. Once they started talking about how you just can't blow everyone out and started all the "we may have just squeaked by, but we still won" bullshit after the UCF game I knew this season was doomed.

Speaking of that UCF game. Do you remember the sideline reporter saying that Mack told his players that they could actually lose that game. I guess he was telling them that in the days before the game or at pre-game. When I heard that I was fuckin pissed. You don't tell your team that you could lose. You tell them anything but not that they could lose. If you need to wake them up, do it another way. I was SMH because I think Texas is back to the Pre-VY days.

j-6
09-30-2007, 05:20 PM
The fucked up thing is I don't know who's more pathetic at this point, us or OU?

UT is way more pathetic. Not to take anything away from a pretty damn good K-State team, but our team got worked bell-to-bell in our house and OU lost on a last second FG after beating up on the Buffs for three-plus quarters in Boulder.

Texas has no offensive identity, no defensive identity, and now special teams have regressed from mediocre to embarassing. At first I was concerned following the escapes against Arkansas State and Central Florida, deluding myself with the fact that they are two decent squads in middle-of-the-road conferences.

Now I know better. We don't suck because of the sheer amount of talent in stock, but that's the only reason. You give us Ron Prince and his coaching staff and UT might deserve a top-5 ranking.

We replace perhaps the best defensive coordinator in the country with an NFL special teams coach whos moment in the sun was almost twenty years ago because we think Akina can't handle it. How many Texas DB's are in the NFL again?

Greg Davis is still Greg Davis. We have the perfect read-option QB sitting on the pine while Colt's getting the crap kicked out of him by a Wildcat scheme designed to do just that. And our solution? Put both on the field at the same time and use trickery. It's like him and Mack are the two Guinness caricatures saying "Brilliant!" when they discover the greatness that is drink coasters.

I know we're spoiled little bitches 'cause of Vince and the '05 hardware, but still, the team has to do more than show up. If I recall, they've now lost to the Wildcats four out of the six times they've played in conference.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-30-2007, 05:56 PM
I actually did laugh when we were down ten and they called chiles at QB and mccoy at WR with mccoy running a deep route.

mookie2001
09-30-2007, 07:07 PM
they did win the big 12 championship a few years ago

but its a fact
colt mccoy IS GOING TO GET AWAY WITH with the worst game ive ever seen a texas qb play because hes an awwshucks country boy all american coaches son, yes sir no sir thank the lorder

and when you combine the fragility that makes thispego look like kyle reese, AND greg davis that fucking neocon i guarantee you hes for toll roads, they should write a book about this guy, he has a fascinatingly low football IQ

we still have a great chance to win the big 12 and play rutgers in the rosebowl or someshit

SENIORs ROBERT KILLEBREW and LIMAS SWEED who started in 05 should hang their heads in shame

j-6
09-30-2007, 08:26 PM
We're never going to get rid of Davis until he lucks out with all that talent around him and someone decides to make it worth him leaving Austin to run a program.

Otherwise, we got Davis as long as Coach February is in town. Not being negative toward CEO Mack, but it's becoming plainer and plainer that we lucked out to have Vince around to take advantage of all of the offensive talent and make this system work. Colt isn't VY, he isn't Simms, and he isn't Major. Either adapt the scheme to the QB, or put a QB in that's condusive to your scheme.

And save me all the 'highest QB rating in school history' crap. Chris Simms, who had that record at the time, threw four picks and fumbled against Colorado for a chance at the national title. Mack put his ass on the bench. Granted, this is a completely different scenario, but we learned what Colt can do last year. If you're cool with 2-3 losses a year, he's your guy. If you want to chase another title, he's probably not going to get you there.

mookie2001
09-30-2007, 08:41 PM
theyve either got to change qbs or completely overhaul the offense

as oscar would say

i dont know what it is but, sometimes youve got to change your strategy

j-6
09-30-2007, 09:34 PM
UT is now ranked behind such juggernauts as South Florida, Kentucky, and Hawaii. A loss next week shuts the door on doing anything remarkable with this season. Some programs would kill for 10-2 or 9-3 - I know, I was in school when Johnny Mac was busy running the program into the dirt.

K-State might wind up being one of the 15 best teams in the country but I'm wise enough to know that OU might hang 60 on UT again if something doesn't change.

leemajors
10-01-2007, 09:19 AM
http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/09/30/0930bohls.html

man davis is really off the deep end:

"It's probably my fault," Davis rightfully confessed. "I'm giving (McCoy) too much. I'm allowing him too much flexibility in the system. But that's my fault, not the kid's fault."

Whisky Dog
10-01-2007, 04:09 PM
I can't believe Davis actually said that shit. That dumb fucker actually said it's his fault because he put too much on McCoy's plate? He actually fucking said that? No dumb ass, it's your fault because you put the kid in an ass backwards system in which you spread out 5 wide empty backfield constantly when your offensive line sucks. That fucker just sat there watching McCoy get hammered into the ground and the thought never crossed his mind to go with at least a TE set with a blocking back to give the kid time. The thought never crossed his mind to put a fullback in the game, line up under center, and run inside to take advantage of the KState blitzes and rush. Nope, just keep the kid in the shotgun with no protection getting rocked all day long. What a complete dumb ass.

If they're going to resist changing the protection to give McCoy some actual time they might as well just go with the kid with the wheels and hope to hell he can take that abomination of an offense and make something out of it.

The complete waste of huge amounts of talent with this team is just sad. Just goes to show that you can be average to good with ZERO coaching but shitloads of talent, but you can't be great unless the great Vince Young himself is running the show. Just how impressive does that kid's accomplishment at Texas look now? It's mind boggling what he was able to do.