PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Criticize Rush Limbaugh's 'Phony Soldiers' Remark

George Gervin's Afro
09-30-2007, 10:18 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298556,00.html

CLAREMONT, N.H. — Democratic presidential hopeful John Edwards criticized Rush Limbaugh on Friday for referring to some members of the military as "phony soldiers."

Edwards and the campaign of fellow Democrat Chris Dodd took issue with the radio talk show host's characterization of Iraq war veterans who have spoken out against the war. Limbaugh was responding to a caller who argued that anti-war groups "never talk to real soldiers."

"They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and talk to the media," the caller said.

"The phony soldiers," Limbaugh responded.

Campaigning in New Hampshire, Edwards called on Republicans to denounce Limbaugh in the same way they came down on Democrats after the liberal advocacy group MoveOn.org ran an advertisement criticizing Gen. David Petraeus, the commander of U.S. forces in Iraq.

"All these Republicans went running to the mic and the TV cameras when MoveOn ran their ad about General Petraeus. Now let's see if they really mean it," Edwards said. "Let's see if they'll speak out against Rush Limbaugh. Let's see if they'll challenge him about men and women who have worn the uniform of the United States."

Dodd's spokesman, Hari Sevugan, also weighed in.

"It's ironic, if not remotely surprising, that Rush Limbaugh — who makes his living shooting his mouth off — would impugn the patriotism and service of American troops simply because they have voiced their opposition to this failed policy," he said in statement. "It's clear that he has no idea what the brave men and women of our armed forces are ostensibly fighting for."

Ray's hero is a hypocrite and a joke.. we will have the 'outrage' from the right about hush's comments?

clambake
09-30-2007, 11:37 AM
rush is really smart.

Phony soldiers deserve to die

exstatic
09-30-2007, 12:14 PM
^^:lmao

boutons_
09-30-2007, 12:51 PM
typical rightwing slime, if you aren't with us, even if you're in the military, you're a traitor, you hate America, you support terrorism, ad nauseam.

It's pure cheap low-ball intimidation. grease-bag Limbaugh doesn't intimidate anyone.

xrayzebra
09-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Ray's hero is a hypocrite and a joke.. we will have the 'outrage' from the right about hush's comments?

As usual GGA, you are so full of it. He did not say anything
of the sort. Want to know what he said exactly. Well
all you go to do is click the link. And boutons, estatic, and
Clam. As usual, you stuck your foot right in the old
pile.

Rush actual broadcast (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm84gOXkZaY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcq%2Dadm01%2Ejfk1%2Epremiereradi o%2Enet%3A4502%2Fhome%2Fdaily%2Fsite%5F092807%2Fho me%2Eguest%2Ehtml)

Mister Sinister
09-30-2007, 07:17 PM
I could never stand Rush Limbaugh. He's too conservative for my tastes, in the same way that MoveOn.org is too liberal for my tastes.

George Gervin's Afro
10-01-2007, 06:57 AM
As usual GGA, you are so full of it. He did not say anything
of the sort. Want to know what he said exactly. Well
all you go to do is click the link. And boutons, estatic, and
Clam. As usual, you stuck your foot right in the old
pile.

Rush actual broadcast (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm84gOXkZaY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcq%2Dadm01%2Ejfk1%2Epremiereradi o%2Enet%3A4502%2Fhome%2Fdaily%2Fsite%5F092807%2Fho me%2Eguest%2Ehtml)

LIMBAUGH: There's a lot more than that that they don't understand. They can't even -- if -- the next guy that calls here, I'm gonna ask him: Why should we pull -- what is the imperative for pulling out? What's in it for the United States to pull out? They can't -- I don't think they have an answer for that other than, "Well, we just gotta bring the troops home."

CALLER 2: Yeah, and, you know what --

LIMBAUGH: "Save the -- keep the troops safe" or whatever. I -- it's not possible, intellectually, to follow these people.

CALLER 2: No, it's not, and what's really funny is, they never talk to real soldiers. They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and talk to the media.

LIMBAUGH: The phony soldiers.

CALLER 2: The phony soldiers. If you talk to a real soldier, they are proud to serve. They want to be over in Iraq. They understand their sacrifice, and they're willing to sacrifice for their country.

LIMBAUGH: They joined to be in Iraq. They joined --

Hey ray, hush's explanation of his comments reflecetd one GI in particular..so why did Hush refer to GIs?

xrayzebra
10-01-2007, 08:09 AM
LIMBAUGH: There's a lot more than that that they don't understand. They can't even -- if -- the next guy that calls here, I'm gonna ask him: Why should we pull -- what is the imperative for pulling out? What's in it for the United States to pull out? They can't -- I don't think they have an answer for that other than, "Well, we just gotta bring the troops home."

CALLER 2: Yeah, and, you know what --

LIMBAUGH: "Save the -- keep the troops safe" or whatever. I -- it's not possible, intellectually, to follow these people.

CALLER 2: No, it's not, and what's really funny is, they never talk to real soldiers. They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and talk to the media.

CALLER 2: The phony soldiers. If you talk to a real soldier, they are proud to serve. They want to be over in Iraq. They understand their sacrifice, and they're willing to sacrifice for their country.

LIMBAUGH: They joined to be in Iraq. They joined --

Hey ray, hush's explanation of his comments reflecetd one GI in particular..so why did Hush refer to GIs?

Just to keep you in your normal confused state. You
got suckered now you going to play games. Sucker!
Moveon.org owns you and others just like you. And
Rush owns them.

George Gervin's Afro
10-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Just to keep you in your normal confused state. You
got suckered now you going to play games. Sucker!
Moveon.org owns you and others just like you. And
Rush owns them.

I realize it's difficult for you to think for yourself but your hero mentioned one person when defending what he said..why did he say soldiers ray? very simple question..hello..ray I'll wait for your response..

hush own's moveon.org? let me guess he called them a liberal group...wow he got it right..

FromWayDowntown
10-01-2007, 09:06 AM
It's interesting that Rush's defense of his statement is the thing that carries the day for his supporters; if it was Bill Maher who was being questioned for saying something stupid, I somehow doubt that Bill Maher's defense of his own statement would be good enough to diminish the clear implication of the statement.

In any event, all of this apologizing for what you said stuff is asinine to me. People on either side of the political spectrum can't make controversial statements any longer without being asked to apologize for the statement. And what good does an apology do? If Democrats want to bash Petraeus or if Republicans want to bash "phony soldiers" does the apology make the statement go away? It's ridiculous.

George Gervin's Afro
10-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Limbaugh selectively edited "phony soldiers" clip, claimed it was "the entire transcript"

In response to documentation of his recent description of service members who advocate U.S. withdrawal from Iraq as "phony soldiers," Rush Limbaugh claimed that he had not been talking "about the anti-war movement generally," but rather "about one soldier ... Jesse MacBeth." Limbaugh then purported to air the "entire" segment in question. In fact, the clip he aired omitted a full 1 minute and 35 seconds of discussion that occurred between Limbaugh's original "phony soldiers" comment and his subsequent reference to MacBeth.

Poor ray duped again... :lol

xrayzebra
10-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Poor GGA, he got suckered in and now wants an out.
Go ahead and play you dumb word games. Sucker!

xrayzebra
10-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Limbaugh selectively edited "phony soldiers" clip, claimed it was "the entire transcript"

In response to documentation of his recent description of service members who advocate U.S. withdrawal from Iraq as "phony soldiers," Rush Limbaugh claimed that he had not been talking "about the anti-war movement generally," but rather "about one soldier ... Jesse MacBeth." Limbaugh then purported to air the "entire" segment in question. In fact, the clip he aired omitted a full 1 minute and 35 seconds of discussion that occurred between Limbaugh's original "phony soldiers" comment and his subsequent reference to MacBeth.

Poor ray duped again... :lol

Really, and where may I ask did you get this
wonderful bit of information. Moveon.org?

ChumpDumper
10-01-2007, 09:19 AM
If it was one and only one phony soldier as he claims he should have said "soldier."

George Gervin's Afro
10-01-2007, 09:20 AM
If it was one and only one phony soldier as he claims he should have said "soldier."

no. according to ray you are owned by moveon.org.. :rolleyes

George Gervin's Afro
10-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Really, and where may I ask did you get this
wonderful bit of information. Moveon.org?

no you idiot. does it bother you that hush was lying to his audience?

xrayzebra
10-01-2007, 09:21 AM
That a boy chumpkin, jump right in there and help
defend your bother liberal. Play those word games,
when you get yourself caught. You are a sucker just
like GGA. Sucker!

ChumpDumper
10-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Word games? "Soldier" is singular. "Soldiers" is plural.

No games necessary.

I didn't get that information from moveon.org. I got it from grammar school English.

FromWayDowntown
10-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Play those word games, when you get yourself caught. You are a sucker just like GGA. Sucker!

Et tu, dittohead?

ChumpDumper
10-01-2007, 11:00 AM
You mean "You are a suckers!" don't you?

FromWayDowntown
10-01-2007, 11:15 AM
You mean "You are a suckers!" don't you?

good point.

PixelPusher
10-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Word games? "Soldier" is singular. "Soldiers" is plural.

No games necessary.

I didn't get that information from moveon.org. I got it from grammar school English.
English grammar is left wing conspiracy to corrupt the young with their crazy word games a such. A goblet of hemlock for all of em!

Walter Craparita
10-01-2007, 11:18 AM
hahahaha

xrayzebra
10-01-2007, 02:40 PM
RADIO SHOWDOWN: SENATE LEADER DEMANDS RUSH LIMBAUGH APOLOGY...

And then you have this BS from the dimm-o-craps. Somebody
needs to tell Reid and the rest of that group how the world really
is. Mr. Reid who wants to surrender in Iraq along with his buddy
from California. Murtha. And they have the nerve to
accuse someone of doing something they didn't do.

LIMBAUGH TO REID: SAY IT TO MY FACE

One Take (http://influencepeddler.blogspot.com/2007/09/limbaugh-on-solid-ground-on-phony.html)

More on Phoney Hero's (http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3645227)

Rush has invited Mr. Reid to come on to his show and
state his charges directly to his face. Think he will do it.
Hell No, he want. He will stand behind his "privileges"
as a U.S. Senator. Like Murtha is now trying to do
on the trial of the U.S. Military guy who he accused of
being a murderer. These are the people you liberals
are defending.

George Gervin's Afro
10-01-2007, 03:39 PM
RADIO SHOWDOWN: SENATE LEADER DEMANDS RUSH LIMBAUGH APOLOGY...

And then you have this BS from the dimm-o-craps. Somebody
needs to tell Reid and the rest of that group how the world really
is. Mr. Reid who wants to surrender in Iraq along with his buddy
from California. Murtha. And they have the nerve to
accuse someone of doing something they didn't do.

LIMBAUGH TO REID: SAY IT TO MY FACE

One Take (http://influencepeddler.blogspot.com/2007/09/limbaugh-on-solid-ground-on-phony.html)

More on Phoney Hero's (http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3645227)

Rush has invited Mr. Reid to come on to his show and
state his charges directly to his face. Think he will do it.
Hell No, he want. He will stand behind his "privileges"
as a U.S. Senator. Like Murtha is now trying to do
on the trial of the U.S. Military guy who he accused of
being a murderer. These are the people you liberals
are defending.

Let's see..Hush has been on the radio for 20 yrs? he has spread propoganda , half truths, and lies... and now he found one guy who makes a half truth statement and hush wants to call him on it.. I wonder why that is ray?..1 person in 20 yrs hmmmm.. I am sure there are many people have said far worse about the soundbite shadowboxer.. anyway i hope Reid goes on and hands it to the pill popper..

xrayzebra
10-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Let's see..Hush has been on the radio for 20 yrs? he has spread propoganda , half truths, and lies... and now he found one guy who makes a half truth statement and hush wants to call him on it.. I wonder why that is ray?..1 person in 20 yrs hmmmm.. I am sure there are many people have said far worse about the soundbite shadowboxer.. anyway i hope Reid goes on and hands it to the pill popper..

One word answer: No

ChumpDumper
10-01-2007, 04:20 PM
One words answer: No

Nbadan
10-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Democrats on Monday called on the chief executive of Clear Channel Communications to denounce remarks by radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh, whom they say made a “hateful” and “unpatriotic” attack on U.S. troops opposed to the war in Iraq.

At issue is a remark from Limbaugh that characterized such troops as “phony soldiers.” Democrats have seized on the issue, allowing them to hit back at Republicans who similarly latched onto a MoveOn.org ad that referred to Gen. David Petraeus as “General Betray Us.”

“Thousands of active troops and veterans were subjected to Mr. Limbaugh’s unpatriotic and indefensible comments on your broadcast,” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said in his letter to Clear Channel Chief Executive Mark Mays. “We trust you will agree that not a single one of our sons, daughters, neighbors and friends serving overseas is a ‘phony soldier.’ We call on you to publicly repudiate these comments that call into question their service and sacrifice and to ask Mr. Limbaugh to apologize for his comments.”

Reid added that he is confident that “Republicans join with us in overwhelming numbers,” arguing that “anything less would be a double standard that has no place in the United States Senate.”

The Democratic leader stated that the letter would be available all day to allow other senators to sign on.

The Hill (http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/democrats-go-after-limbaugh-2007-10-01.html)

George Gervin's Afro
10-01-2007, 05:34 PM
The ultimate irony about this whole situation is that talk radio persons take quotes out of context all of the time without being challenged. Now when they have been called on it they now claim that this was all taken out of context...hilarious.. :lol

Nbadan
10-01-2007, 05:57 PM
This is sure to shizzle your irony swizzle...after congress wasted valuable time condemning a free-speech organization after it's ad were taken out of context by 'truth-mongers' like Rushbo....you get this...

Mon Oct 01 2007 15:16:57 ET
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OCTOBER 1, 2007
Mr. KINGSTON submitted the following resolution
RESOLUTION

Commending Rush Hudson Limbaugh III for his ongoing public support of American troops serving both here and abroad. Recognizing Mr. Limbaugh for his relentless efforts to build and maintain troop morale through worldwide radio broadcasts and personal visits to conflict regions.

Whereas the need to show support for American troops serving and fighting both here and abroad during a time of global conflict has never been greater, with the need to communicate an uplifting message of encouragement to American soldiers eternally important, in addition to the morale-boosting value of personal visits to region by highly-regarded individuals;

Whereas daily radio broadcasts reaching tens of millions of civilians and soldiers both in America and abroad by way of the Armed Forces Radio Network are conducted five days a week by Rush Hudson Limbaugh III;

Whereas Mr. Limbaugh has consistently used his broadcast time to praise American troops and support them during their ongoing efforts to secure peace in a troubled world;

Whereas Mr. Limbaugh made a week-long visit to meet with troops based in Afghanistan in 2004;

Whereas Mr. Limbaugh has raised and donated millions of dollars to the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation, which provides college scholarships to the children of Marines and veterans of other branches killed in action;

Whereas Mr. Limbaugh’s website features an “Adopt a Soldier” program which provides them with free subscription access to his online program features;

Whereas during the original invasion in 2003, pilots of five different aircraft flew an American flag in Mr. Limbaugh’s honor during their bombing and refueling runs; and

Whereas Mr. Limbaugh’s commitment to American troops serving both here and abroad remains as strong as ever: Now, therefore, be it Resolved, That the House of Representatives—

(1) recognizes Rush Hudson Limbaugh III for his support of the Marine Corp Law Enforcement Foundation and for providing free subscriptions for active-duty servicemembers;

Druge (http://www.drudgereport.com/flashhr.htm)

This has to be a hoax

George Gervin's Afro
10-01-2007, 05:59 PM
This is sure to shizzle your irony swizzle...after congress wasted valuable time condemning a free-speech organization after it's ad were taken out of context by 'truth-mongers' like Rushbo....you get this...

Mon Oct 01 2007 15:16:57 ET
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OCTOBER 1, 2007
Mr. KINGSTON submitted the following resolution
RESOLUTION

Druge (http://www.drudgereport.com/flashhr.htm)

I hope a dem wins in 08 so they can stop the hush propaganda show to our armed forces.. they deserve better than a white house shill..

This has to be a hoax

Nbadan
10-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Let's not forget the 'liberal' :rolleyes M$M double-standard going on here....

Media Matters for America

Numerous major media outlets that covered the controversy surrounding a September 10 ad placed by MoveOn.org in The New York Times -- headlined "General Petraeus or General Betray Us?" -- nonetheless have yet to cover the bipartisan outcry over remarks made by Rush Limbaugh during the September 26 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, in which he characterized service members who advocate U.S. withdrawal from Iraq as "phony soldiers." Notwithstanding numerous denunciations of Limbaugh's remarks by members of Congress from both parties, the Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, USA Today, ABC's World News, the CBS Evening News, NBC's Nightly News, and CNN programs have all ignored Limbaugh's remarks and the ensuing denunciations, despite having covered -- in some cases extensively -- the MoveOn.org ad controversy. In addition, there was no mention of Limbaugh's "phony soldiers" comments or the bipartisan criticism of them on the September 30 editions of This Week, Meet the Press, Face the Nation, or Fox News Sunday.

From September 10-13, there were eight articles and an op-ed in The Washington Post, four New York Times articles, two articles and one op-ed in the Los Angeles Times, one Wall Street Journal op-ed, and one USA Today article about the MoveOn.org ad and the ensuing controversy. In addition, the MoveOn.org ad was frequently discussed on CNN's Newsroom and The Situation Room, and was reported on the September 10 editions of ABC's World News and Nightline, the September 11 and 12 editions of ABC's Good Morning America, the September 13 edition of NBC's Nightly News, and the September 16 editions of ABC's This Week, NBC's Meet the Press, CBS' Face the Nation, and Fox Broadcasting Co.'s Fox News Sunday. However, as of 12 p.m. ET October 1, the same newspapers and television news programs had not reported Limbaugh's comments and the ensuing condemnation of his remarks.

Link (http://mediamatters.org/items/200710010010?f=h_latest)

Поповић
10-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Who fucking cares? I don't know what's more incredible, that people listen to Limbaugh or that a US Senator thinks it is of the upmost importance to attempt to score political points on the floor of the US Senate by attacking a radio show host? Reid's a dumbass but that's besides the point. The primary point is that America is fucked up as long as its voting base consists of cracksmokers like Nbadan.

xrayzebra
10-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Who fucking cares? I don't know what's more incredible, that people listen to Limbaugh or that a US Senator thinks it is of the upmost importance to attempt to score political points on the floor of the US Senate by attacking a radio show host? Reid's a dumbass but that's besides the point. The primary point is that America is fucked up as long as its voting base consists of cracksmokers like Nbadan.

But, but, but, oh,well. They do care. And I do listen to
Limbaugh. And the Reid crowd hate it when they get
caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

Ocotillo
10-01-2007, 09:25 PM
eh, this isn't the first time the addict has denigrated active military because of their political stance. Recall when Paul Hackett was running for Congress in Ohio Rush called him a staff puke who went to Iraq to pad his resume.

Ray you can disagree with Dems because you have differing political views but it's time to look into undoing that Limbaughtomy you had.

xrayzebra
10-01-2007, 09:29 PM
eh, this isn't the first time the addict has denigrated active military because of their political stance. Recall when Paul Hackett was running for Congress in Ohio Rush called him a staff puke who went to Iraq to pad his resume.

Ray you can disagree with Dems because you have differing political views but it's time to look into undoing that Limbaughtomy you had.

Hey, dummy, did you listen to the link? I thought not.
Just blowing off are you. How bout you own up to your
sides problems. Never mind, they are all your problems.
Hillary downward.

Ocotillo
10-01-2007, 09:32 PM
The link was edited by the addict. Namecalling? Very persuasive.........

Nbadan
10-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Seems appropriate.....name-calling is the preferred modus operandi of the intellectually lazy......

Wild Cobra
10-02-2007, 06:25 AM
You guys are running away from the facts about these statements. Rush was talking about a soldier who washed out of basic training, then fabricates lies about the Army doing dishonorable things. MacBeth is the dishonorable one here, and Rush was just one of many who pointed it out.

Missing minute and a half? Could it be form a different segment or show? Media Matters had been without doubt, shown to lie about Limbaugh's statement, and now some of you are going to believe there is a missing 1-1/2 minutes?

Come on people, I mean Kool-Aid drinking Lemming... Wake up from the liberal trance, and smell the truth!

As for the plural form of the word soldier... Listen carefully, Rush was repeating the callers words! Besides, there are several phony soldiers. Here is another:

Paul H. Lemmen (http://www.specsec.org/?p=1)

Wild Cobra
10-02-2007, 06:38 AM
Sorry, I just have to go back to the first post:

How's it feel George to be seen as the fool you are, believing such propaganda?

I have a suggestion. Do some fact checking before you repeat someone else's lies, or base opinions on someone else's word. It goes a long was in maintaining some integrity.

Feel patriotic? Do some fact checking before you vote, or else don't vote! It's the ignorant fools that put this nation where it is today. Too many lemmings vote.

ChumpDumper
10-02-2007, 07:45 AM
MacBeth is the dishonorable ones here

George Gervin's Afro
10-02-2007, 08:15 AM
You guys are running away from the facts about these statements. Rush was talking about a soldier who washed out of basic training, then fabricates lies about the Army doing dishonorable things. MacBeth is the dishonorable one here, and Rush was just one of many who pointed it out.

Missing minute and a half? Could it be form a different segment or show? Media Matters had been without doubt, shown to lie about Limbaugh's statement, and now some of you are going to believe there is a missing 1-1/2 minutes?

Come on people, I mean Kool-Aid drinking Lemming... Wake up from the liberal trance, and smell the truth!

As for the plural form of the word soldier... Listen carefully, Rush was repeating the callers words! Besides, there are several phony soldiers. Here is another:

Paul H. Lemmen (http://www.specsec.org/?p=1)

The entire audio is on Media matters website.. ever been to the website or do you believe the propagandists? Media Matters ALWAYS puts full audio and written transcripts out when calling out people like Limbaugh specifically for reasons like this. Before you start calling the website liars shouldn't you go check for yourself?

George Gervin's Afro
10-02-2007, 08:16 AM
Sorry, I just have to go back to the first post:

How's it feel George to be seen as the fool you are, believing such propaganda?

I have a suggestion. Do some fact checking before you repeat someone else's lies, or base opinions on someone else's word. It goes a long was in maintaining some integrity.

Feel patriotic? Do some fact checking before you vote, or else don't vote! It's the ignorant fools that put this nation where it is today. Too many lemmings vote.

hey dickhead the entire audio is on thier website!!!... instead of listening to kool aid drinkers whny don't you check for yourself.??. you are really getting on my nerves now..

Ocotillo
10-02-2007, 09:28 AM
He's had a Limbaughtomy. Can't think for themselves anymore.

clambake
10-02-2007, 10:14 AM
death to those who speak against the war should not be limited to soldiers

xrayzebra
10-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Wonder if Moveon and Media Matters are going to go after ABC
for their Phony Soliders story.

Story and video (http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/?p=565)

Like the article says, left says jump and Harry and his
left wing buddies say: "How High".

George Gervin's Afro
10-02-2007, 01:43 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298858,00.html

WASHINGTON — Senate Democrats frustrated by failed battles against Republicans to change Iraq war policy are instead taking on one of the war's staunchest supporters — syndicated, conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh.

Democrats took to the Senate floor Monday to demand an apology from Limbaugh for supposedly saying that troops who oppose the Iraq war are "phony soldiers." Limbaugh has vehemently denied a wholesale attack on antiwar servicemen and women.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced that Democratic leaders have drafted a letter to Mark Mays, president of Clear Channel, the parent company of Limbaugh's broadcast, calling on the network "to publicly repudiate these comments that call into question ('antiwar soldiers') service and sacrifice, and ask Mr. Limbaugh to apologize for his comments."

"Rush Limbaugh took it upon himself to attack the courage and character of those fighting and dying for him and for all of us. Rush Limbaugh got himself a deferment from serving when he was a young man. He never served in uniform. He never saw in person the extreme difficulty of maintaining peace in a foreign country engaged in a civil war. He never saw a person in combat. Yet, that he thinks his opinion on the war is worth more than those who have been on the front lines," Reid said.

"Rush Limbaugh owes the men and women of our armed forces an apology," he said.

Sen. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa, then followed Reid, saying: "Maybe he was just high on his drugs. I don't know." In 2003, Limbaugh admitted a dependency on pain medication, but three years later reached a plea deal that cleared him of prescription shopping for Oxycontin.

In the House, Rep. Mark Udall, D-Colo., who is running for the open Senate seat in his state, has authored a resolution condemning the host. Democratic Majority Leader Steny Hoyer has not decided whether or not he'll bring it up for a vote, his staff told FOX News.

Limbaugh said Monday that efforts by Reid and others to condemn him are merely an effort to divert attention from Democratic failures to change the course of the Iraq war. He added that his critics know they are misrepresenting his comments but are charging forward anyway.

"This is not just the anatomy of a smear. There's much more going on with this than just smearing me. There is an attempt, I think, as they have done throughout my career, to discredit me," Limbaugh said on his radio show.

"These people have had three, four days now to learn the truth about this, and they no doubt know the truth, which doesn't matter. What they are trying to do is flood a false story into the 'drive-by media' and have that survive and suffice as the evidence and as the story of what I said when it wasn't."

A literal reading of the Sept. 26 show transcript shows that the controversial host did not in fact say that soldiers opposing the war are "phony," but his remarks have left confusion as to whom he is referring when he used the phrase.

The offense came up when a caller named Mike, who said he is currently serving in the Army, described his anger about talk of a pullout from Iraq. Limbaugh readily agrees, according to the recorded exchange:

CALLER 2 (Mike): ...What's really funny is, they never talk to real soldiers. They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and talk to the media.

Limbaugh has since said on his show that he was referring only to one soldier: disgraced, convicted former Army soldier-turned-antiwar-activist Jesse Macbeth. Macbeth falsely claimed to have participated in war crimes in Iraq and received a Purple Heart, but in reality, he was discharged after only 44 days of service, never placing a foot in Iraq. Macbeth was sentenced to five months in prison for fraudulently collecting more than $10,000 in benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The problem with the exchange is that Limbaugh refers to multiple "soldiers." He gets to a conversation about Macbeth about two minutes after referring to "phony soldiers." Did he have Macbeth in mind when he said it? Calls to the Limbaugh studio, for now, have gone unanswered.

In subsequent radio shows, Limbaugh has attempted to clarify his position, but he has only muddied the waters. On Thursday, he referenced the segment, but he edited out a portion of it, prompting outrage from the liberal media watchdog Media Matters, which has been driving this latest controversy. The edited section has nothing related in it, but the timing is problematic for Limbaugh. In edited form, the discussion of Macbeth comes much more quickly after the reference to "phony soldiers."

"He must have known he screwed up, or he wouldn't have edited the script," Reid spokesman Rodell Mollineau told FOX News.

On his Friday show, Limbaugh also referred to Scott Thomas in a discussion of "phony soldiers." Thomas was caught falsifying accounts of war atrocities in The New Republic magazine. In the next breath, Limbaugh, in his usual combative style, then took aim at Rep. John Murtha, a Vietnam war veteran and strong antiwar politician who on Friday was ordered to give a deposition in a defamation case against him for suggesting that U.S. Marines were involved in "cold-blooded murder and war crimes" in Iraq.

"How about Jack Murtha blanketly accepting the notion that Marines at Haditha engaged in wanton murder of innocent children and civilians?" Limbaugh asked.

Mollineau said the Murtha reference proves that Democratic interpretations of Limbaugh's comments are correct.

"I think it proves our point that he was talking about more than one person when he brought up Jack Murtha," he said.

In any case, Reid is not likely to get the apology he seeks. On Monday, Limbaugh referred to "dingy Harry," and a story ABC did on phony soldiers a week ago, telling listeners, "I have just finished an interview with Clarence Thomas talking about the lies and stuff spread about him during his confirmation hearings, and now I, little old private citizen, Rush Limbaugh, the subject of Senate action, the subject today of House of Representatives action, all based on a purposely told lie, which they know is a lie, and yet they are persisting in this."

However, what Limbaugh claims to be perpetuation of a lie could be gaining traction.

On Tuesday, a veterans group opposed to the Iraq war said it will launch a television ad campaign lambasting Limbaugh. It will feature a Purple Heart recipient who was injured while serving in Iraq.

Click here to see the VoteVets.org ad.

North Carolina Republican Rep. Walter Jones told FOX News late Monday that Limbaugh "went too far," and that he will sign on to Udall's resolution on Tuesday morning. Jones is one of two Republican House members who have consistently supported antiwar legislation.

"The men and women who have been to war in Iraq — those speaking out, they've been there, they should be respected and whether you agree or not with what they are saying, at least respect and not make such statements as (Limbaugh) had made," Jones said.

Udall's resolution on Monday evening had the co-sponsorship of a number of liberal Democratic members, including presidential hopeful Dennis Kucinich of Ohio and Jan Schakowsky of Illinois. Udall said he remains optimistic his resolution will get a vote.

And the hits keep coming. Hush deserves every bit of this.

SRJ
10-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Liberals sure do waste a lot of time and energy on what Rush Limbaugh says.

George Gervin's Afro
10-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Liberals sure do waste a lot of time and energy on what Rush Limbaugh says.

I get tired of unchallenged hypocrites and liars

Wild Cobra
10-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Why is this so hard to believe?

MacBeth lied and slandered the military.

Other people lie about being soldiers.

The conversation was about one specific soldier, but there are many.

You lefties just cannot admit you are wrong! You just have to trash a man who is not afraid of the left.

ChumpDumper
10-02-2007, 08:21 PM
You just have to trash a men who is not afraid of the left.

Wild Cobra
10-02-2007, 09:03 PM
I get tired of unchallenged hypocrites and liars
So you have to lie about them?

I don't see the hypocracy you claim. Not with these two. O'Reilly, Savage, and a few others. Yes! Not Limbaught and Hannity. They are in the top spots for a reason. They are well respected.

Nbadan
10-03-2007, 02:01 AM
No surprise CC CEO Mays, a rich Republican, comes out supporting Limbaugh in this response to the Harry Reid letter...

"I can say, however, that over the years Mr. Limbaugh has repeatedly praised the dedication and valor of our brave men and women in uniform. Given Mr. Limbaugh's history of support for our soldiers, it would be unfair for me to assume his statements were intended to personally indict combat soldiers simply because they didn't share his own beliefs regarding the war in Iraq. However, if Mr. Limbaugh's intention was to classify any soldier opposed to the war in Iraq as a "phony soldier" which he denies, then I, along with most American's, would be deeply offended by that statement...."

Politico (http://www.politico.com/static/PPM43_071002_reidletter.html)

Limbaugh has made Mays millions, you think he wants to shoot that golden goose?

Nbadan
10-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Republicans really are delusional, for instance, lets read some of the comments about the Mays back-at-ya to Harry Reid from a mostly pro-Republican forum (http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/1007/Clear_Channel_CEO_responds_to_Reid.html)...

WHAT AJOKE!!!!! http://drudgereport.com/flashsr.htm LOLOLOL...yet they give moveon a pass,..AMERICA WILL REMEMBER come November,2008!!....Almost every friend I have who is Dem,..REFUSE to vote for the Dem's after this past year of doing NOTHING but starting needless crap,...no matter what your party is,.people wont vote for stupidity....REPUBLICAN LANDSLIDE VOCTORY coming up!!!WHOOOO

Yeah dude, the polls clearly show it..... :rolleyes

and...

Folks, remember this is the same Reid who sent a letter to ABC and basically threatened them if they showed ?Path to 9/11? in its present form because it implicated the Clinton administration along with the Bush administration in its shortcomings to stop 9/11. ABC cowardly gave in and edited out scenes of Sandy Berger (Clinton NSA) when he was stuffing top-secret documents down his pants (among other factually accurate scenes) !! This Reid character has a history of showing total disrespect to the first amendment when it?s convenient to his political philosophy. It?s about time we box this guy up and ship him to either Hugo chavez or Vladimir Putin as an early Christmas gift?I am sure they would all find a great deal of common ground amongst each other.

Factually accurate? where does this dude get his news?

It appears we are losing our republic. This case of political theatre has been played out throughout history by fascists of ever evil degree. The new democrat is the old Marxist and they are playing out of the same manifesto. Rule number one, never debate truth when you can destroy your opposition with lies and media propaganda. Rule nuber two, make the lie a big and obvious lie and make certain to present the lie in a grand and theatrical way. What is at stake here is the power of the individual. (For the slows among us, that's you and me.) The new McCarthyism is at play and this time it is conservative voices that are being silenced. The tryanny of the minority is at full play and as deadly and dangerous as ever. Both Michael Savage and Rush Limbaugh are being tested and the democrats are using the full force of their political office and power of government to attempt to chill the speech of two independent voices of dissent. What ever happened to the First Amendment? "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." If they succeed in silencing the press, they will surely silence you and me. I don't blame the neo-fascist democrats, I blame the idle masses doing nothing and being so ignorant of history that we surely will have to repeat it. "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

What world is this guy living in?

:hat

TLWisfoine
10-03-2007, 02:40 AM
These are the same people who got all their panties in a wad over John Kerry's gaff about Iraq and yet they are coming to Rush's defense on this matter. I swear I am so sick of politics.

Nbadan
10-03-2007, 02:47 AM
It's like a room full of X-Ray's over there....

Who is Media matters but a Klintoon goon squad trying to take down talk radio check out who runs it all the Klintoon mafia henchmen from the 90's! Harry Reid should resign by his statements where so shamefull to soldiers or to any person who ever served. Lets do a poll on the soldiers about who do they trust, the Demonrats or the GOP, it will come out about 89% for the GOP! I call the entire Demonrat congress COWARDS Whinny Wimpy little white flag surrender monkeys,and that their hatred of President Bush has put our Military in danger because they support and give comfort to the terrorists by the anti American talk and their unpatriotic talk 24/7 I condemm them all lets the people write Congress ant tell we condemn their BS! Demand Dingy Harry the criminal Reid be sencored, and Little Pea on America Pelosi should also resign NOW and be reprenmanded by the public for her support of the Moveon's--t Patrayus ad! Time to fire back everyone write Reid and Pelosi and demand an apology for siding with the enenmy! I do think the entire Demonrat party is still in 1969 smoking dope and spitting on soldiers as the came home from Viet Nam! I am glad Mark Mays stood up to these do nothing senators! I would have asked Reid for his resignation! One thing the Demonrat party doesn't understand Bush is 10000000 times smarter than anyone in the Demonrat party! 33% aproval for President Bush 11% for Reid and Pelosi! we are winning!

Ummm...the democratic approval ratings are low because they haven't started impeachment proceedings of Dubya nor started the end of the war in Iraq....dude!

TLWisfoine
10-03-2007, 03:00 AM
It's like a room full of X-Ray's over there....

Ummm...the democratic approval ratings are low because they haven't started impeachment proceedings of Dubya nor started the end of the war in Iraq....dude!

When you can actually brag about a 33% approval rating it just illustrates the sad state of affairs that is American politics.

Nbadan
10-03-2007, 03:02 AM
While Rush, and Moveon certainly have the right to say what they please, the differeance is that MoveOns words were not taken out of context as were Rush's. Once again Reid focussed on 2 words and didnt bother reading the rest, or listening to what was actually said. And why isnt Reid and the rest of his worthless libs condemning ABC, they are the ones that broke the story over a week ago. Rush jsut merely highlighted what was said on ABC, and Rush was correct, this "soldier" was on active duty for 45 days, and never once left the country, yet made all these flase claims for certain benifits he was entitled to. So instead of focussing on real issues, these Libs keep wasting our time with meaningless resulutions, and yes the move on res. was a joke also, get to the real work you were hired to do ...on 2nd thought dont, it would probably raise my taxes.

So, Rush edits his show and it's transcripts to cut out the 2-minute time difference between when he first mentions the words 'phony soldiers' to a soldier on the phone who opposes the war, and when he starts back-tracking to cover his butt and brings up Jesse MacBeth....meanwhile MoveOn.org places a ad in the NY Times with the title Gen Betrayus? <----.....anyone else see the question mark.....but it's Rushbo's take which is being taken out of context.....

Gerryatrics
10-03-2007, 08:01 AM
The phony soldiers.

Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood.

If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime — Pol Pot or others — that had no concern for human beings. Sadly, that is not the case. This was the action of Americans in the
treatment of their prisoners.

The idea that we're going to win this war is an idea that unfortunately is just plain wrong.

You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq.

Thank God we have Democrats stepping forward to defend our Troops from the right wing anti-military hate machine.

DarkReign
10-03-2007, 08:57 AM
:lmao

I was waiting for someone to step outside their political party and show some reality.

When I read this Rush stuff, I immediately thought of John Kerry's comment. Gerry quoted it.

Whats worse? Some known political blowhard saying it? Or a Presidential hopeful saying it?

DarkReign
10-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Although I agree with Howard Dean's quote.

I wouldnt want to be called an American anymore if we actually did what will inevitable have to be done to "win" this war.

xrayzebra
10-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Although I agree with Howard Dean's quote.

I wouldnt want to be called an American anymore if we actually did what will inevitable have to be done to "win" this war.

Howard Dean is an American. HeeeeeeHawwwwwww.
I thought he was just another dimm-o-crap wannabe
President.

Mister Sinister
10-03-2007, 09:03 AM
When you can actually brag about a 33% approval rating it just illustrates the sad state of affairs that is American politics.
As opposed to everything else that illustrates the sad state of affairs that is American politics?

xrayzebra
10-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Has anyone noticed that only 41 dimm-o-craps signed the letter
to May? I thought there were 50 of them in the Senate. Hmmm,
looks like some Democrats may have a problem with their
Realtor.

clambake
10-03-2007, 02:13 PM
i think rush represents the meaning of "new conservative".

he's a drug addict, a racist, hell.....if we could get him on video blowing a guy in the bathroom, he'd be up for republican sainthood!

George Gervin's Afro
10-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Has anyone noticed that only 41 dimm-o-craps signed the letter
to May? I thought there were 50 of them in the Senate. Hmmm,
looks like some Democrats may have a problem with their
Realtor.

well now this is confusing ray..you continually say dimmocraps act in unison.. now you acknowledge they don't... which is it? do they act like one or not?

xrayzebra
10-03-2007, 02:27 PM
You mean like Clinton getting his knob polished. Made a hero out
of him with the dimms. Also wonder why he never would
release his medical records. Couldn't be all that coke he snorted
or was reported to have snorted in Arkansas.

Anyhow Rush is really worried about all this. He has handed
their head back to them on a silver platter.

The old real estate salesman, Reid, has failed again. Only
41 signed.....hmmmm. How many signed the condemnation
resolution to moveon.org. about 79 wasn't it?

Poor babies. They try so hard and always failing. But what
the Hay. It is the thought that counts, right?

George Gervin's Afro
10-03-2007, 02:32 PM
You mean like Clinton getting his knob polished. Made a hero out
of him with the dimms. Also wonder why he never would
or was reported to have snorted in Arkansas.

Anyhow Rush is really worried about all this. He has handed
their head back to them on a silver platter.

The old real estate salesman, Reid, has failed again. Only
41 signed.....hmmmm. How many signed the condemnation
resolution to moveon.org. about 79 wasn't it?

Poor babies. They try so hard and always failing. But what
the Hay. It is the thought that counts, right?

no election results count.

hey ray did you know that there are 40 to 50 episodes that your hero was caught being a hypocrite and a liar on media matters? bet you didn't..yet not one mention by him concerning the other 40 stories documenting his falsehoods and lies... I wonder why that is..

xrayzebra
10-03-2007, 02:47 PM
no election results count.

hey ray did you know that there are 40 to 50 episodes that your hero was caught being a hypocrite and a liar on media matters? bet you didn't..yet not one mention by him concerning the other 40 stories documenting his falsehoods and lies... I wonder why that is..

Really, at least he will give you his accuracy ratings.
No one else I know, written or spoken word will do that.
I am aware of. I would think that for a person who is
on the air for about 15 hours a week that he makes
some mistakes, but he will freely admit to them. Now
media matters. Only to them and whoever they are
trying to trash. It is a Clinton/Soros operation all the
way. They have gotten more play on this little
episode than they have ever gotten in the past. After
it dies down you may, well you will made special effort
to read them, hear someone mention them, but I
doubt it. They are a propaganda organization.
Oh, by the way. How many GI's have trashed Rush on
his stand about the phony soliders. I haven't
heard of a one. You know any?

I guess maybe Reid, who supports the soldiers, but
not their mission could count. Naw, he too much of
a low life. Murtha and Kerry, naw, samo, samo.

johnsmith
10-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Someone explain to me why conservatives making fun of "the view" is any worse then liberals making fun of Rush?

Both the view and Rush should not be taken seriously. Both the view and Rush speak on political subjects.

Why is one different then the other?

George Gervin's Afro
10-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Really, at least he will give you his accuracy ratings.
No one else I know, written or spoken word will do that.
I am aware of. I would think that for a person who is
on the air for about 15 hours a week that he makes
some mistakes, but he will freely admit to them. Now
media matters. Only to them and whoever they are
trying to trash. It is a Clinton/Soros operation all the
way. They have gotten more play on this little
episode than they have ever gotten in the past. After
it dies down you may, well you will made special effort
to read them, hear someone mention them, but I
doubt it. They are a propaganda organization.
Oh, by the way. How many GI's have trashed Rush on
his stand about the phony soliders. I haven't
heard of a one. You know any?

I guess maybe Reid, who supports the soldiers, but
not their mission could count. Naw, he too much of
a low life. Murtha and Kerry, naw, samo, samo.

ray set me up...

On the October 2 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Rush Limbaugh denounced a recent ad by VoteVets.org that featured Iraq war veteran Brian McGough, calling the ad "a blatant use of a valiant combat veteran, lying to him about what I said, then strapping those lies to his belt, sending him out via the media in a TV ad to walk into as many people as he can walk into." Limbaugh went on to say that "[w]hoever pumped [McGough] full of these lies about what I said ... has betrayed him." Limbaugh denounced the ad despite admitting "I haven't watched the ad."

In the ad, which was created in response to Limbaugh's recent characterization of U.S. service members who oppose the war in Iraq as "phony soldiers," McGough says to Limbaugh, "Until you have the guts to call me a 'phony soldier' to my face, stop telling lies about my service."

and see the ball sail out of the ballpark

I guess this GI is to stupid to think for himself because he doesn't drink the kool aid

xrayzebra
10-03-2007, 02:52 PM
ray set me up...

and see the ball sail out of the ballpark

But he didn't call him a phony solider. Don't you know.

johnsmith
10-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I guess this GI is to stupid to think for himself because he doesn't drink the kool aid

"I disagree"

-John Kerry

George Gervin's Afro
10-03-2007, 02:55 PM
But he didn't call him a phony solider. Don't you know.

the GI has the right to listen and think for himself. I guess he didn't buy hush's lie, I mean explanation..

George Gervin's Afro
10-03-2007, 02:56 PM
"I disagree"

-John Kerry

:lol

I really don't like kerry very much. i kind of hoped he would retire and fade away after he gave away the presidency to bush..

xrayzebra
10-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Suit yourself. Got some things to do. Will be back and play with
you later....

ChumpDumper
10-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Also wonder why he never would
or was reported to have snorted in Arkansas.Nah, I don't think that would show up. My guess is herpes. It's another nonissue anyway, and therefore another one that must be brought up whenever possible.

Wild Cobra
10-03-2007, 04:37 PM
When I read this Rush stuff, I immediately thought of John Kerry's comment. Gerry quoted it.

I thought of the Kerry comment too, but I'm always accused of turning things on democrats. Oh well, to a point, that's true.

When John Kerry made what he later claimed was a botched joke, it is hard to believe that. He already has a solid record of disliking the military.

Rush's remarks could have been elaborated better, but you have to twist spin the story to make him sound like he is speaking against the troops. He has a perfect history of supporting the military!

Those who don't see these clear distinctions should really take some time for reflection of their own biases.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2007, 04:39 PM
elaborated:lmao He did read it! (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1988007&postcount=22)

Holt's Cat
10-04-2007, 06:38 PM
The Demos seem to think it's good strategy to criticize Limbaugh. I'm not so sure enough care about him one way or the other for that to work well. Or perhaps better said, Limbaugh's not going to be on the ballot next year.

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 03:45 PM
The Demos seem to think it's good strategy to criticize Limbaugh. I'm not so sure enough care about him one way or the other for that to work well. Or perhaps better said, Limbaugh's not going to be on the ballot next year.

Doesn't matter. Edwards wife brought up that he
was 4-F during VN and should be unfit for "funding" for
his show. Guess socialist don't realize that Rush does
his show through capitalism, he works for his money
through sponsors and listeners. Dumb is what dumb is
dimm-o-craps.

Oh, Gee!!
10-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Doesn't matter. Edwards wife brought up that he
was 4-F during VN and should be unfit for "funding" for
his show. Guess socialist don't realize that Rush does
his show through capitalism, he works for his money
through sponsors and listeners. Dumb is what dumb is
dimm-o-craps.

she was suggesting that those corporate sponsors could do better things with their money than give it to Rush.

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 03:55 PM
she was suggesting that those corporate sponsors could do better things with their money than give it to Rush.

That is not what she said..........."funding" is the word she
used..........

And obviously they sponsors don't agree.....none have
backed off Rush..

Oh, Gee!!
10-05-2007, 04:01 PM
That is not what she said..........."funding" is the word she
used.........

which is what the corporate sponsors do. Funding, sponsoring, paying, supporting financially, are comparable terms.

And obviously they sponsors don't agree.....none have
backed off Rush..

it's their right to continue to fund his show.

Ocotillo
10-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Just speculation on my part because I have not read or heard the E. Edwards comment but some are wanting him pulled from Armed Forces Radio and that may be the "funding" she is referring to?

Oh, Gee!!
10-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Just speculation on my part because I have not read or heard the E. Edwards comment but some are wanting him pulled from Armed Forces Radio and that may be the "funding" she is referring to?

she talks about people that buy his ads, so I'm assuming she means corporate sponsorship

clambake
10-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Rush Limgaugh on Armed forces radio is a form of re-education.

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 04:07 PM
which is what the corporate sponsors do. Funding, sponsoring, paying, supporting financially, are comparable terms.

it's their right to continue to fund his show.

Then you "fund" HEB, don't pay for anything. How much
do you give them each year when you don't buy anything.

And how much do you "buy" from government? And
how much does government buy from the homeless
centers they "fund".

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 04:09 PM

I don't think so. I would guess he doesn't receive any
money for the show on AFRN. I don't know that as fact.

clambake
10-05-2007, 04:12 PM
And how much do you "buy" from government?

we buy enormous debt and expose our country to terror attacks while we send our kids to die for a lie. Thats the product they sold us.

Oh, Gee!!
10-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Then you "fund" HEB, don't pay for anything. How much
do you give them each year when you don't buy anything.

Whatever you call it, they have my money.

clambake
10-05-2007, 04:19 PM
rush on armed forces radio has nothing to do with sponsorship for commercial purposes.

rush is there to slowly drip the WH propaganda into the brains of our troops in the theater.

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 04:24 PM
rush on armed forces radio has nothing to do with sponsorship for commercial purposes.

rush is there to slowly drip the WH propaganda into the brains of our troops in the theater.

You are a dumbass. How about the NPR programming? It
doesn't count? And besides all your crap, the troops are
a hell of a lot smarter than you give them credit for. They
could see through a person like you in a New York minuet.
They are quite capable of making their own mind up.

clambake
10-05-2007, 04:25 PM
they have minuets? sounds gay

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 04:32 PM
they have minuets? sounds gay

So I misspelled a word, so what? I will let the rest of
your statement stand on it's own. No pun intended.

clambake
10-05-2007, 04:35 PM
rush is like a modern Tokyo rose. criticizing any soldiers that speak ill of this occupation. remember ray, it's not a war, it's an occupation.

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 04:39 PM
rush is like a modern Tokyo rose. criticizing any soldiers that speak ill of this occupation. remember ray, it's not a war, it's an occupation.

Nope, it is a war and not occupation. Occupation is after
you win a war.

And who spoke ill of the men on the ground. It wasn't
Rush. It was all your dimm-o-craps who called them
everything from Hitler, murderers and child killers. And
would now like to put it on someone else shoulder's.
You know the dimm-o-craps who support the solider,
just don't support their mission. You can't split the two.

clambake
10-05-2007, 04:45 PM
bush said we won the war 1700 days ago

George Gervin's Afro
10-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Nope, it is a war and not occupation. Occupation is after
you win a war.

And who spoke ill of the men on the ground. It wasn't
Rush. It was all your dimm-o-craps who called them
everything from Hitler, murderers and child killers. And
would now like to put it on someone else shoulder's.
You know the dimm-o-craps who support the solider,
just don't support their mission. IN MY OPINION You can't split the two.

there i fixed it for you ray..

Wild Cobra
10-05-2007, 07:43 PM
bush said we won the war 1700 days ago
He did? I don't recall that.

Oh...

Are you talking about the carriers mission complete thing again? Hope not. If so, we all se where your intelligence lies.

When did he say we won the war?

boutons_
10-05-2007, 07:57 PM
dubya's flyboy-wannabe Mission Accomplished theatrical farce was clearly meant to convey the message that the completion of "major combat operations" equaled "dubya won the Iraq war" and deserved to be re-elected as a victorious warrior 6 months later. The scheduling of the Iraq invasion as the "only and immediate option" was clearly done with the presidential campaign in mind.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2007, 10:37 PM
When did he say we won the war?When did we declare war?

Wild Cobra
10-10-2007, 06:21 AM
When did we declare war?
Why does that matter? That's a formality. It is a war, and the president never said it was won yet.

Holt's Cat
10-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Yeah, the people and their representatives are formalities too, I suppose.

Wild Cobra
10-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Yeah, the people and their representatives are formalities too, I suppose.
Huh? Can you be even more vague?

OK, I will make an assumption, and I don't like doing that. I assume you mean that congress has not declared a war. So what. It is not congress' job to protect and use the military, that is the job of the Commander in Chief.

Ask yourself this. Where is it required that a war be declared? Like I said, it is a formality. Just because a war is not declared does not mean it isn't a valid war.

Again... What article of the constitution requires that a war be declared?

I wonder....

Does this line of thought among you liberals mean that you consider this a phony war, so the phony soldiers are OK?

Oh, Gee!!
10-10-2007, 09:06 AM
And how much do you "buy" from government? And
how much does government buy from the homeless
centers they "fund".

I don't care, so long as Halliburton and Blackwater get my tax money.

xrayzebra
10-10-2007, 09:17 AM
I don't care, so long as Halliburton and Blackwater get my tax money.

OG, your sarcasm is duly noted. Did you notice why the
statement was made by me? And what is the reaction to
the original statement? Made by Ms Gore. That Rush
Limbaugh is "funded" and needed to "defunded".

Oh, has anyone heard of any of his sponsor's back out of
"buying" air time on his show? I haven't!

George Gervin's Afro
10-10-2007, 11:57 AM
OG, your sarcasm is duly noted. Did you notice why the
statement was made by me? And what is the reaction to
the original statement? Made by Ms Gore. That Rush
Limbaugh is "funded" and needed to "defunded".

Oh, has anyone heard of any of his sponsor's back out of
"buying" air time on his show? I haven't!

where would the kool aid drrinkers get there info from if hush was de-funded?

Wild Cobra
10-10-2007, 12:03 PM
where would the kool aid drrinkers get there info from if hush was de-funded?
Ha Ha Ha... Very funny. That is such an ignorant statement.

There are plent of news sources out there. Rush is only one of many, and unlike you lemmings, most of us verify what we are told, before we repeat it!

Oh, Gee!!
10-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Ha Ha Ha... Very funny. That is such an ignorant statement.

There are plent of news sources out there. Rush is only one of many, and unlike you lemmings, most of us verify what we are told, before we repeat it!

so when Rush tells you that everything is coming up roses in Iraq, you actually travel to Iraq and take a look around for yourself before believing him?

George Gervin's Afro
10-10-2007, 12:34 PM
so when Rush tells you that everything is coming up roses in Iraq, you actually travel to Iraq and take a look around for yourself before believing him?

of course not. they go to other conservative websites where all of the other backslappers hang aorund.

Wild Cobra
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
You two ever consider that maybe I talk to people who are actual soldiers over there?

No, you have to keep coming up with unfounded assumptions.

Doesn't give you very much credibility...

ChumpDumper
10-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Why couldn't we just declare war on Iraq?

Oh, Gee!!
10-10-2007, 01:09 PM
You two ever consider that maybe I talk to people who are actual soldiers over there?

why would I assume that to the be the case. that would be unfounded on my part.

No, you have to keep coming up with unfounded assumptions. Doesn't give you very much credibility...

I can live with that coming from you.

clambake
10-10-2007, 01:09 PM
actual soldiers in the green zone are known to have different views campared to soldiers outside the green zone.