PDA

View Full Version : Yo, ATRAIN: Rangers>Astros!!!

Melmart1
09-30-2007, 11:43 PM
So awhile back ATRAIN (who apparently likes to lose bets to girls) made me a bet that the Astros would finish with a better record than the Rangers. Confident because my team was playing so well, I took him up on the bet. It was a sig bet, and the loser has to sport a sig of the others' choosing until Opening Day 2008.

Well, despite faltering bigtime down the stretch and losing their last three games, the Rangers finished two games up on Houston, so here is your brand-new sig:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6403/bootsigle0.jpg

Hope you like it!!! :) I know how much the Silver Boot means to you and how you covet it, so I had to rub it in that not only are the Astros the 2nd best team in Texas, but they lost the Silver Boot this year as well.

You must also now change your title to "Melmart's Bitch" until Opening Day, as per the terms of our bet.

And a big, sloppy wet kiss thank-you to Pistons>Spurs for making the sig for me, and deciphering what I asked for from my poorly-written request. :makeout It's better than what I imagined.

SrA Husker
09-30-2007, 11:53 PM
It's pretty sad when one last place team talks smack on another last place team.

Melmart1
09-30-2007, 11:59 PM
It's pretty sad when one last place team talks smack on another last place team.
Don't get too big for your britches, Cubfan. While I am sure you are giddy over your team's success (and congratulations for that) I am sure they can also blow it as quickly as you can say 'billy goat'.

Yeah, both our teams suck, but we acknowledge that and are having fun with it. I would rather Rangers and Astros fans have fun over their teams' failures by making sig bets rather than say ... oh, I don't know, threatening a man's life over a foul ball.

And check the standings, Astros didn't finish last in their division. :nope :lmao

ATRAIN
10-01-2007, 09:55 AM
yes yes its true, I lost the bet. I am that confident in my team, but they let me down. There is always next year. Word to the wise, dont make any bets will Melmart. I am already down 0-2. :(

monosylab1k
10-01-2007, 09:58 AM
LMAO that's what you get, ASStrolls fan!

oh yea the silver boot...it's so silver....and boot-y.....and in ARLINGTON where it BELONGS!!! U MAD?

ATRAIN
10-01-2007, 09:58 AM

I really hate you mono!! Your day will come!!

Melmart1
10-01-2007, 10:03 AM

oh yea the silver boot...it's so silver....and boot-y.....and in ARLINGTON where it BELONGS!!! U MAD?
I actually had your Silver Boot thread in mind when I asked the sigmaker to do this :lmao That thread made ATRAIN so mad that I had to do it, he has to sport this sig until April, so I had to make it good and annoying for him :)

ATRAIN
10-01-2007, 10:09 AM
You must also now change your title to "Melmart's Bitch" until Opening Day, as per the terms of our bet.

Kori, can we get that changed and if you want to say no, that is OK with me :).

midgetonadonkey
10-01-2007, 11:17 AM
:lol

ATRAIN got pwnd

samikeyp
10-01-2007, 11:18 AM
ATRAIN got pwnd

Used, abused and not so slightly bruised.

DOMINATOR
10-01-2007, 11:51 AM
at least he stuck by his team... quite a few baseball fans don't.

dumb cubs fans

FirebatMIV
10-01-2007, 12:00 PM

Dude, hate to break it to you, but 90% of the AL would have won the division if they played against AAAA teams like Pittsburgh, Houston, Chicago, St. Louis, Milwaukee and Cinncinnati.

The NL is pathetic, it's like the druged up, beaten down illegitimate child of the NFC and the Eastern Conference.

DOMINATOR
10-01-2007, 12:26 PM
The NL is pathetic, it's like the druged up, beaten down illegitimate child of the NFC and the Eastern Conference.
yeah the NL isn't as talented but at least it doesn't have the stupid DH rule.

FirebatMIV
10-01-2007, 12:28 PM
yeah the NL isn't as talented but at least it doesn't have the stupid DH rule.

The batting pitcher is the stupidest rule in professional sports. I can't count how many times I've seen a pitcher who's thrown 70 pitches in the 6th inning because of two men out two men on situation in the NL. Why needlessly handcuff the manager like that? Why needlessly tax the bullpen?

samikeyp
10-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Dude, hate to break it to you, but 90% of the AL would have won the division if they played against AAAA teams like Pittsburgh, Houston, Chicago, St. Louis, Milwaukee and Cinncinnati.

You're welcome!

Sincerly,
Expansion and small bandboxes for new stadiums.

samikeyp
10-01-2007, 12:57 PM
The batting pitcher is the stupidest rule in professional sports. I can't count how many times I've seen a pitcher who's thrown 70 pitches in the 6th inning because of two men out two men on situation in the NL. Why needlessly handcuff the manager like that? Why needlessly tax the bullpen?

Seemed to work pretty well before 1972.

florige
10-01-2007, 01:03 PM
So awhile back ATRAIN (who apparently likes to lose bets to girls) made me a bet that the Astros would finish with a better record than the Rangers. Confident because my team was playing so well, I took him up on the bet. It was a sig bet, and the loser has to sport a sig of the others' choosing until Opening Day 2008.

Well, despite faltering bigtime down the stretch and losing their last three games, the Rangers finished two games up on Houston, so here is your brand-new sig:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6403/bootsigle0.jpg

Hope you like it!!! :) I know how much the Silver Boot means to you and how you covet it, so I had to rub it in that not only are the Astros the 2nd best team in Texas, but they lost the Silver Boot this year as well.

And a big, sloppy wet kiss thank-you to Pistons>Spurs for making the sig for me, and deciphering what I asked for from my poorly-written request. :makeout It's better than what I imagined.

Melmart that 30-3 sig of yours is killing me girl!

Melmart1
10-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Melmart that 30-3 sig of yours is killing me girl!
Sorry! I'll take it down ... one day ... :lol

FromWayDowntown
10-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Sorry! I'll take it down ... one day ... :lol

Not soon enough.

FromWayDowntown
10-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Oh, and I'm also a believer that hitting pitchers creates a better brand of baseball, even if the teams that play it are inferior at the moment.

DOMINATOR
10-01-2007, 01:27 PM
and taking out ingame management is the solution?
i wonder what AL managers even do during the game. especially now days with relief pitchers being so specialized to what inning they pitch.

samikeyp
10-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Sorry! I'll take it down ... one day ...

Hell no! Leave it up as long as you want, darlin'!

Not too many Ranger highlights this year, we have to celebrate the ones we can!

FromWayDowntown
10-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Hell no! Leave it up as long as you want, darlin'!

Not too many Ranger highlights this year, we have to celebrate the ones we can!

By rubbing it in the faces of Orioles fans?

:depressed

samikeyp
10-01-2007, 01:43 PM
By rubbing it in the faces of Orioles fans?

She is merely trumpeting a triumph by her team. No harm in that.

Melmart1
10-01-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm not rubbing it in anyone's face. I would have it no matter who the team is. The fact that it happened to be the Orioles is concidence. Besides, there is one dubious honor that the Rangers and Orioles share this season: they both got no-hit :(

Melmart1
10-01-2007, 01:50 PM
And btw, I would have had to change the sig if I had lost the bet. So the Orioles fans can blame the Astros for prolonging their misery :lol

Melmart1
10-01-2007, 01:55 PM
And one more thing ... I have sigs turned off, so I don't even see it and forget its there completely! :lmao

FromWayDowntown
10-01-2007, 01:57 PM
She is merely trumpeting a triumph by her team. No harm in that.

You're being waaaayyyy too serious here.

FromWayDowntown
10-01-2007, 01:58 PM
And btw, I would have had to change the sig if I had lost the bet. So the Orioles fans can blame the Astros for prolonging their misery :lol

F'n Astros.

florige
10-01-2007, 02:01 PM

Freakin Astros!!! :bang :lol

florige
10-01-2007, 02:04 PM
And one more thing ... I have sigs turned off, so I don't even see it and forget its there completely! :lmao

Keep your sig up. I was just giving you a hard time about it... :lol You taking your sig down won't erase the fact that we (Orioles) suck major donkey behind. :lol

samikeyp
10-01-2007, 02:21 PM
You're being waaaayyyy too serious here.

and if you thought that...they you are being wayyyyyyy too serious.

Melmart1
10-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Keep your sig up. I was just giving you a hard time about it... :lol You taking your sig down won't erase the fact that we (Orioles) suck major donkey behind. :lol
:lol I know you and FWD are just messing with me. And I do plan to keep it up, although I prolly should think about something football or basketball related. But I did keep the Michael Young sig up year round so ...

O-Factor
10-01-2007, 05:24 PM
yes yes its true, I lost the bet. I am that confident in my team, but they let me down. There is always next year. Word to the wise, dont make any bets will Melmart. I am already down 0-2. :(

.......you are a dissapointment to men everywhere.

ATRAIN
10-03-2007, 09:33 AM
at least he stuck by his team... quite a few baseball fans don't.

dumb cubs fans

Astros fan through and through.

ATRAIN
10-03-2007, 09:34 AM
.......you are a dissapointment to men everywhere.

Coming from you that means absolutely nothing!!

TheZackAttack!
10-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Cards>>>>>>>>>>>>asstros