PDA

View Full Version : Malone talking to LA??

rr2418
12-16-2004, 06:56 PM
I heard earlier today from Walter Pasecrita's sports update on WOAI, that Malone will be talking again to the Lakers. It looks like he will most likely re-sign with them. According to Walter, it looks like "good news" for all Spurs fans.

Has anyone heard anything else??

ALVAREZ6
12-16-2004, 07:06 PM
I heard earlier today from Walter Pasecrita's sports update on WOAI, that Malone will be talking again to the Lakers. It looks like he will most likely re-sign with them. According to Walter, it looks like "good news" for all Spurs fans.

nope

Kori Ellis
12-16-2004, 07:49 PM
I read last week that Malone would be talking to the Lakers later this week. But that was last I heard of it.

Kori Ellis
12-16-2004, 07:56 PM
The Lakers plan to meet with Karl Malone and his agent, Dwight Manley, after the fallout between Bryant and Malone, which peaked Sunday when Bryant publicly chastised his former teammate.

"[Malone] is a person who's really been great for this organization," General Manager Mitch Kupchak said. "For there not to be a gathering of Dr. Buss and Karl and/or myself and Dwight is not the right thing. A lot's happened in the last 10 days, but there should be a meeting."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/la-sp-lakerep16dec16,0,162412.story?coll=sfla-sports-heat

T Park
12-16-2004, 08:11 PM
if Malone goes back to the Lakers,
then hes in it for, I dont know what the fuck. Hes just plain stupid.

exstatic
12-16-2004, 08:23 PM
ohpleaseohpleaseohplease

T Park
12-16-2004, 08:59 PM
yes, dont let the Spurs improve or pretty much gaurantee themselves a championship.

God I hope that doesnt happen. :rolleyes

exstatic
12-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Call me crazy, but I don't think that an 18-5 team should be messed with. I just don't see a real value in adding a 41 year old coming off knee surgery, which was one of only two surgeries that he really needed, the other being an ego reduction operation.

BronxCowboy
12-16-2004, 09:09 PM
yes, dont let the Spurs improve or pretty much gaurantee themselves a championship.

God I hope that doesnt happen. :rolleyes

One, the Spurs are 18-5, have the league's best defense, and whipped the drawers off quite a few of their opponents. Sure, there's always room for improvement, but this year there isn't so much room that a dirty old man would clearly make them better. Two, I'm not sure that getting Malone has ever gauranteed anyone a championship. Maybe we should ask the Lakers or the Jazz. :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-16-2004, 09:37 PM
Um, I want Malone on the Spurs if for no other reason than having the only guy besides Shaq to play Tim tough defensively in the playoffs on our bench and not one of our competitors and main rivals.

SequSpur
12-16-2004, 09:52 PM
18 and 5 doesn't mean shit in the playoffs.

Rasho is still on the team. The Spurs need to make a move.

T Park
12-17-2004, 07:14 AM
the Spurs are 18-5

good for them, if they had Malone, they would probobly be 23-2.

And sequ, suck a lemon, hes staying, he aint goin nowhere, get a new take sir.

exstatic
12-17-2004, 10:38 AM
good for them, if they had Malone, they would probobly be 23-2.

No, they'd be 18-5, because he's currently not able to play. Besides, 18-5 is only 23 total games. How can they be 23-2 after 23 games?

spursfaninla
12-17-2004, 10:51 AM
All Malone did by going to the media, if he stays with the Lakers, is alienate himself from them and especially from Kobe. You deal with this stuff privately; now everyone has been emberassed by Malone's airing the dirty laundry.

Now there will, IMO, be an underlying unease in the lockerroom all year (if he comes back). Not like that team had any chance this year, anyway.

More than just a drama queen, :princess he is a fool.

What could be his motivation for such stupidity? A public appology? Public sympathy for him? Is that worth tearing your team apart, even for a second?

"I just want to be loved, is that so wrong?"

Useruser666
12-17-2004, 11:23 AM
If Malone does choose to stay with LA then I will have my final opinion of him. He would be completely stupid to do that.

Slomo
12-17-2004, 11:36 AM

CosmicCowboy
12-17-2004, 11:39 AM

WALTER?...:lmao

I wouldn't put too much stock in ANYTHING Asecrita says...