PDA

View Full Version : The Cowboys are Legit

J.T.
10-01-2007, 04:39 AM
I'm going to come out and say it after being berated by Boys fans and coworkers the last few weeks (only really posting this because I had several of my MavFan friends bow down to the Spurs after they realized the Mavericks are redefining the term choke artist with each season). Last year I was too busy wasting my life pledging a frat (which I have since resigned from) to have enough time to talk football on the net, but I did talk it with my friends and I had choice things to say about Romo.

First I said that this guy is unproven and has been riding the bench for so long, he won't succeed as a starter. I thought no one could figure out how to play him since he was fresh meat. I was wrong there. I remember studying in the library at school with my friend, and he was checking the Boys vs Carolina game (I believe Romo's first full game starting) and the Boys were down big early. I told my buddy game over and to only talk to me if he had something better to say than the Cowboys. Low and behold they won the game and Romo did pretty well for a while.

I'm not the kind of guy who takes being proven wrong easy but I will flaunt the shit out of it if I'm right. When Romo started sucking down the stretch and when he dropped the snap, I pretty much flaunted the fact that I was right for months. Plus the Colts won the Super Bowl, and I don't now how much smack you can talk against the team that's holding the trophy, so I was king of the local smack talk world for a few months. But he's looked awesome this year. The Cowboys D has had some problems but if they get healthy, they can make the Super Bowl easy. Especially with the rest of the NFC folding this season. I swear the NFC playoffs are going to be watching Dancing With the Stars, only replace the dancers with retards and play it in slo-mo. Thank god the AFC is so overloaded with talent.

But I've enjoyed watching Romo so far, I hope he can keep it up and get people to stop fellating VY from all over the world. Too bad the SB is in Arizona, if the Boys made it last year it would have been a replay of SBV, starring Adam Vinatieri as Jim O'Brien, who kicked the winning FG for Baltimore to seal the game.

Just thought I'd show some props. My insomnia is getting the best of me, I love to talk sports, so here we are. Good luck for the rest of the season and I'll go on record saying I will make a sincere attempt to make the Boys my mistress team if they can beat the Pats in a few weeks. I can't think of one thing I hate more than the New England Patriots. Maybe I'll flip my white #18 inside out for that game so it looks like a makeshift Owens jersey (only it says Manning on the back :D)

Chris
10-01-2007, 05:49 AM
We still need to work on the short passing game. Our defense is still unproven until we face an elite team. Talk to me in 2 weeks, but until then we're just a mediocre/above average playoff team.

J.T.
10-01-2007, 06:07 AM
We still need to work on the short passing game. Our defense is still unproven until we face an elite team. Talk to me in 2 weeks, but until then we're just a mediocre/above average playoff team.

I'm putting all my vbookie on that game, unless it plays out after the game. Truly, I thik the Pats secondary is overrated as hell and Romo will make sme good reads ad get the firdst downs he needs.

Pats secondary is extremely overrated. Wait til they play a great offense, but this game has looked good for the boys. I m make taka them (Su episode on as MY NFC mydtey real, but I still get all of those intercepmd gp tp agay sp O cpild Mot apppeal them.

What we're foin got csah

Mondy Night

Pats 28
Bengals 7

I'd say he Pats will try to thorw as ofter as they've don

stretch
10-01-2007, 08:15 AM
The short passing game seems fine to me. Although there were a few too many drops yesterday. And the defense is also not healthy. Wait till Newman and Ellis are at 100%, as our defense depends largely on them, especially Newman. Then when we get Tank Johnson in there... its going to be sick.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-01-2007, 08:28 AM
The short passing game seems fine to me. Although there were a few too many drops yesterday. And the defense is also not healthy. Wait till Newman and Ellis are at 100%, as our defense depends largely on them, especially Newman. Then when we get Tank Johnson in there... its going to be sick.

Stretch if I am not mistakened Tank has been busting his ass in the weight room and on his game in general. I think he has drive and motivation in wanting to prove he can not only help the the team, but help his contract situation. He has alot to be motivated for.

As I said before, the Cowboys unlike last year are HAVING FUN! You can just see it through their body language. Wade Phillips is mixing things up on D and I cant say enough about the system Jason Garrett has installed in this offense.

BTW as much hype and a good early test the Pats game will be in 2 weeks, it isnt going to promise anything in the long run. Remember Dallas beat Indy last year holding them to 14 points, and they fell to seattle in the wildcard. In 2001-2002 the Pats lost to the Rams at home (That was a sunday night game being known as the big test) which caused them to go 5-5 but they won out the rest of the season and got revenge in the superbowl that season.

mardigan
10-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Jason Garrett is the fucking man

stretch
10-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Stretch if I am not mistakened Tank has been busting his ass in the weight room and on his game in general. I think he has drive and motivation in wanting to prove he can not only help the the team, but help his contract situation. He has alot to be motivated for.

As I said before, the Cowboys unlike last year are HAVING FUN! You can just see it through their body language. Wade Phillips is mixing things up on D and I cant say enough about the system Jason Garrett has installed in this offense.

BTW as much hype and a good early test the Pats game will be in 2 weeks, it isnt going to promise anything in the long run. Remember Dallas beat Indy last year holding them to 14 points, and they fell to seattle in the wildcard. In 2001-2002 the Pats lost to the Rams at home (That was a sunday night game being known as the big test) which caused them to go 5-5 but they won out the rest of the season and got revenge in the superbowl that season.
Yea, you never know. But this team just looks good. They are playing good football, and have a swagger about them.

monosylab1k
10-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Jason Garrett is the fucking man
He'll be HC of the Chargers next season.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Yea, you never know. But this team just looks good. They are playing good football, and have a swagger about them.

I just hope they can keep up this swagger of confidence stretch. I am very paranoid that this natural high of them playing this great may not last long like last season. I know this is a different team and they are having fun. Last year I didnt see the team having this much fun. Wade Phillips is maximizing the potiential on this team which is what I like. He is throwing so many different things at you on the defensive end, that it becomes so unpredictable. The D literally has gotten better since week 1. Jason Garrett has installed a sick offensive system that fits nicely.

Stretch have you noticed how they are using Owens differently with formations and moving him all over the field? Parcells NEVER did that. Parcells was a good coach and all but alot of his gameplans were too predictable. I am not even concerned with the offense. It is disgusting. It is the D that I focus on alot. I just hope they can continue to get to the qb. I also just hope attitudes and egos dont ruin/implode this team. I want Owens to stay happy.

samikeyp
10-01-2007, 11:12 AM
It is the D that I focus on alot.

I'm the same way. As long as they keep getting better and the offense stays solid....great things can happen.

mardigan
10-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Ellis looked good in his first game back, along with Newman getting extended playing time. This d will continue to get better all year as opposed to last year where they got much worse. And just think, if the Boys do get Terry Glenn back this year how potent the offense will become. And getting Tank wont hurt in the last 6 games either.

samikeyp
10-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Ellis looked good in his first game back, along with Newman getting extended playing time. This d will continue to get better all year as opposed to last year where they got much worse. And just think, if the Boys do get Terry Glenn back this year how potent the offense will become. And getting Tank wont hurt in the last 6 games either

When Glenn gets back, I would put him in the slot and keep Crayton on the outside. Or, go three wide with Hurd in the slot. Damn..it could be nasty.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Is Glenn even going to comeback at all? If he is, when is a rough wild guess he could be back by?

samikeyp
10-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Good point. This is all assuming he comes back this season, if at all.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Good point. This is all assuming he comes back this season, if at all.

If Glenn comes back and he helps, it would be like adding another weapon to the wideout core. But this offense is so fucking sick they can score at will without him. I still would like to have another weapon. You load up as much as you possibly can.

mardigan
10-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Is Glenn even going to comeback at all? If he is, when is a rough wild guess he could be back by?
4-6 weeks
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=58F00BFA-ACE6-D56C-C60617893485642E

Down the page a bit

samikeyp
10-01-2007, 11:28 AM
If Glenn comes back and he helps, it would be like adding another weapon to the wideout core. But this offense is so fucking sick they can score at will without him. I still would like to have another weapon. You load up as much as you possibly can.

Agreed. Every time you add a weapon, its one less that the other guy has.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-01-2007, 11:40 AM
4-6 weeks
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=58F00BFA-ACE6-D56C-C60617893485642E

Down the page a bit

Looks like he and Tank could be on the field around the same time or close to it. Glenn doesnt need to rush and I am sure he knows that. Heal up and get as healthy as you possibly can. Comeback if/when you are truly ready. The offense will keep rolling but they will be even deadlier with you back! :toast :clap :clap :clap

Walter Craparita
10-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Romo rolls his eyes an awful lot in press conference.

I'm starting to wonder.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-01-2007, 12:44 PM
They've looked good, but they've also played some pretty weak competion.

I'm not anointing them yet.

And doesn't Newman have plantar fasciitis? I doubt he'll be 100% at any point this year.

Hook Dem
10-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Romo rolls his eyes an awful lot in press conference.

I'm starting to wonder.
Thats because of all the stupid questions the press is asking him. http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/5048/tromo07093002gallery600wp7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Whisky Dog
10-01-2007, 03:19 PM

And doesn't Newman have plantar fasciitis? I doubt he'll be 100% at any point this year.

You don't pick your opponents, you just beat the shit out of whoever lines up in front of you. So far they have done just that, and in convincing fashion.

Besides, I think the Giants will be a good team this year. They are looking tougher every game and will be in the playoffs.

monosylab1k
10-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Dallas has got the most versatile offense in the league by far. They can play any style of offense and dominate with it. They can go smashmouth with Barber/Jones, double-TE with Witten/Fasano, and once Glenn gets back they could spread it and go 5-wide.

10-01-2007, 03:31 PM
You don't pick your opponents, you just beat the shit out of whoever lines up in front of you. So far they have done just that, and in convincing fashion.

Besides, I think the Giants will be a good team this year. They are looking tougher every game and will be in the playoffs.

I just want to see how they respond when being challenged by an equally talented team.

The NE game will be a good barometer.

tlongII
10-01-2007, 03:38 PM
The Seahawks get their barometer game next Sunday at Pittsburgh. Hopefully we go in there and smack those bastards to show everyone who the best team in the NFC really is!

monosylab1k
10-01-2007, 03:46 PM
The Seahawks get their barometer game next Sunday at Pittsburgh. Hopefully we go in there and smack those bastards to show everyone who the best team in the NFC really is!
Plus revenge for being screwed over in the Super Bowl.

Whisky Dog
10-01-2007, 03:53 PM

Newman doesn't have plantar fasciitis. He had one slight tear in the plantar fascia and not the many tears of plantar fasciitis. They gave him about a month and a half of rest and I guess it healed fairly well. He hasn't taken any shots or done anything to numb the foot and has run and cut very well in his two games.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-01-2007, 05:29 PM
What makes me sad is that we'll only have one year of Garrett's offense. He's too damn good and there will be at least 5 teams looking at him for a HC job. :cry

Chris
10-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Norm asked Jerry the other day is there was a chance Terry Glenn doesn't come back at all this season, to which Jones replied with a solemn but affirming yes. Don't get your hopes up on Glenn is all I'm sayin'.

pussyface
10-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Dallas has got the most versatile offense in the league by far. They can play any style of offense and dominate with it. They can go smashmouth with Barber/Jones, double-TE with Witten/Fasano, and once Glenn gets back they could spread it and go 5-wide.

are you going to lie or will you just admit that you got this directly from 1310 the ticket?

monosylab1k
10-01-2007, 07:19 PM
are you going to lie or will you just admit that you got this directly from 1310 the ticket?
wow...following me into the NFL forum...your obsession with me continues. I know it killed you to not type it in the above post, but don't worry the next time you can make your Mencia and Leo references and then call me gay.

peewee's lovechild
10-01-2007, 07:33 PM

So, if the Shehawks lose . . . you'll declare to have witnessed the greatness that is the Dallas Cowboys?

peewee's lovechild
10-01-2007, 07:35 PM

Julius Jones & Anthony Fasano: Products of Notre Dame.

samikeyp
10-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Julius Jones & Anthony Fasano: Products of Notre Dame.

Which might explain why neither is the clear #1 option at their positions.

:)

kskonn
10-01-2007, 11:40 PM

Well I would agree with you on Jones but I think it is obvious why Fasano is not the number one option, we have fucking Witten. All seriousness though I think Fasano could be a number one guy on a lot of NFL teams, very good blocker and not a bad receiver.

kskonn
10-01-2007, 11:43 PM
By the way I love the Jones/Barber combo, I love seeing Barber rip off a couple of tough plays and then seeing jones come in and go for a 30 yard screen pass(assuming it does not get called back for holding) or catching a toss out wide and out running the defens that Barber just beat to death to the corner. They are perfect compliments to each other.

Obstructed_View
10-02-2007, 03:28 AM
Wake me when the Cowboys beat the Patriots. Until then, they are fun to watch and have an increasing chance of making the playoffs.

samikeyp
10-02-2007, 06:48 AM
Well I would agree with you on Jones but I think it is obvious why Fasano is not the number one option, we have fucking Witten. All seriousness though I think Fasano could be a number one guy on a lot of NFL teams, very good blocker and not a bad receiver.

I agree with you totally....that post was just to mess with Peewee. :)

Dirk Nowitzki
10-02-2007, 08:33 AM
Wake me when the Cowboys beat the Patriots. Until then, they are fun to watch and have an increasing chance of making the playoffs.

Last year you prob said "wake me when they beat the Colts" which they did. then they lost in the wildcard to seattle. That game isnt going to make or break our season. It will be a good huge early test, but that game isnt going to decide our fate.

peewee's lovechild
10-02-2007, 09:41 AM

Bastard.

ratm1221
10-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Gotta love a Colts fan talking about choke jobs.

pussyface
10-02-2007, 09:26 PM
wow...following me into the NFL forum...your obsession with me continues. I know it killed you to not type it in the above post, but don't worry the next time you can make your Mencia and Leo references and then call me gay.

so your gonna take the non-denial route? fair enough.

"following you to the nfl forum..." didn't know you had a patent on being an nfl/cowboys fan.

do you see the irony in you calling me repetitive while repitively saying that I repeat the same things repeatedly? if irony was intended, bravo, but i doubt it.

monosylab1k
10-02-2007, 10:18 PM
"following you to the nfl forum..." didn't know you had a patent on being an nfl/cowboys fan.

haven't seen one football take out of you yet.

in fact, this is 9 out of your last 10 posts that you have obsessively attempted to "own" me.

the 1 other post is "i support the ron paul revolution" which is about as insightful as the ramblings of a retarded 4 year old.

the only person that looks stupid here is you, pussy. get back to me when you're actually gonna put some effort into this shit, you're boring the fuck out of me.

Obstructed_View
10-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Last year you prob said "wake me when they beat the Colts" which they did. then they lost in the wildcard to seattle. That game isnt going to make or break our season. It will be a good huge early test, but that game isnt going to decide our fate.
Last year I was just happy that Bledsoe wasn't literally killed on the field. The Cowboys haven't beaten anybody good yet. In previous years, they would fuck up and lose to someone they should beat the week before a big game. We'll see if they manage not to do that Monday night.

BTW, last year I actually said that they'd beat the Colts. Of course, they went fucking .500 after that (not counting the playoff loss), so it wasn't much of a win in hindsight.

10-03-2007, 09:44 PM
December 9th, bitches.

TheZackAttack!
10-03-2007, 11:55 PM
http://img.snowrecords.com/cd/c6647.jpg

pussyface
10-04-2007, 12:39 AM
haven't seen one football take out of you yet.

in fact, this is 9 out of your last 10 posts that you have obsessively attempted to "own" me.

the 1 other post is "i support the ron paul revolution" which is about as insightful as the ramblings of a retarded 4 year old.

the only person that looks stupid here is you, pussy. get back to me when you're actually gonna put some effort into this shit, you're boring the fuck out of me.

....you pretty much post in every thread on this site, poindexter.

J.T.
10-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Gotta love a Colts fan talking about choke jobs.

Gotta love anyone calling the Colts chokers now after the two ton nut Manning busted all over the Pats in January, and the similar one the entire Colts team did in February to the Bears.

MajorMike
10-04-2007, 10:41 AM
The Cowboys are Legit

Well, so was MC Hammer, and look where that got him.

monosylab1k
10-04-2007, 01:49 PM
....you pretty much post in every thread on this site, poindexter.
great football post. genius idea! i hope the cowboys do that on monday!

p.s. 10 out of 12 now....the obsession continues...

monosylab1k
10-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Well, so was MC Hammer, and look where that got him.
hammer's problem was that he was 2 Legit 2 Quit tho.