PDA

View Full Version : Who's the right candidate for you?

ashbeeigh
10-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Feel free to move this Kori if it gets too heated, you feel like it's just out of place...I just thought it was fun.

My answering 11 questions this quiz claims to select your 2008 Presidential candidate. It was fun to play with and everything. After switching two or three questions on mine I went from side of the political spectrum to the other: Guiliani to Tom Tancredo.

Select a Candidate 2008 (http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460)

dallaskd
10-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Notice how no one gives a fuck

dallaskd
10-01-2007, 10:47 PM
?

BushDynasty
10-01-2007, 11:24 PM
That's because the right candidate isn't running in 2008!

2Blonde
10-01-2007, 11:35 PM
My top 3 acc ording to this quiz were
1- John Edwards
2- Barack Obama
3- Hilary Clinton

It was kind of interesting to see how my views stacked up against those of the people running. There wasn't anyone that I agreed with totally on everything though, so I guess it's a matter of deciding who has my most important interests at heart.

Nbadan
10-02-2007, 12:16 AM
My top 3 acc ording to this quiz were
1- John Edwards
2- Barack Obama
3- Hilary Clinton

It was kind of interesting to see how my views stacked up against those of the people running. There wasn't anyone that I agreed with totally on everything though, so I guess it's a matter of deciding who has my most important interests at heart.

You little lefty you........I always figured, but was afraid to ask......

:hat

Viva Las Espuelas
10-02-2007, 02:43 AM
politics forum. no wonder you're unemployed.

PakiDan
10-02-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm with Fred!

Hillary
10-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Thank you all for your support.

peewee's lovechild
10-02-2007, 08:32 AM
1. Bill Richardson
2. Hillary Clinton
3. Barack Obama
4. Joe Biden

At the very end was Tom Tancredo, where he should be.

BigBeezie
10-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Bill Richards

My friend is related to him somehow...

fatsack
10-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Gullliani here

SpursWoman
10-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Guiliani

CuckingFunt
10-02-2007, 04:43 PM
My top three were Dennis Kucinich, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama.

iminlakerland
10-02-2007, 05:20 PM
my top 3 were Dennis Kucinich, Rudy Giuliani, and Chris Dodd

Walter Craparita
10-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Romney 56
Giuliani 49
Gilmore. 49

Romney:

Agree
Taxes
Stem-Cell Research
Health Care
Abortion
Line-Item Veto
Energy
Marriage
Death Penalty

Disagree
Iraq
Immigration
Social Security

LOL

clambake
10-02-2007, 06:21 PM
mine were Stalin, Mussolini, and Bush

td4mvp21
10-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Top 3:

First: Edwards
Second: Clinton
Third: Obama

Bottom:
McCain

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Biden, Obama, Dodd.

Who the fuck is Dodd?

SpursWoman
10-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah ... I saw some of the options, and figured I have a little catching up to do. :oops

braeden0613
10-02-2007, 07:01 PM
no surprise there.... ron paul 43

timvp
10-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Jeb Bush 54

E20
10-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Somehow they had me on the quiz:

E20 777

ZStomp
10-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Uh huh? what?

TLWisfoine
10-02-2007, 08:39 PM
1. Bill Richardson
2. Hillary Clinton
3. Barack Obama
4. Joe Biden

At the very end was Tom Tancredo, where he should be.

Bill Richardson would be number one for you huh?

DontHatethePlayer
10-02-2007, 08:39 PM
1st - Joe Biden
2nd - Rudy Giulani
3rd - John McCain

The sad part is that the candidate I do like was ranked number 13. I guess I need to do a little more research. :reading

pussyface
10-02-2007, 09:23 PM
i support the ron paul revolution

Kori Ellis
10-03-2007, 12:19 AM
1. Mike Huckabee (33)
2. John McCain (33)
3. Duncan Hunter (32)
4. Fred Thompson (32)

Weird, I got nearly the same score (within a point) on all of those 4.

I didn't get any Democrats til my 11th choice :lmao

Mister Sinister
10-03-2007, 01:10 AM
Eh. No candidate really sticks out for me yet, but that may be because I've been going through a phase of cynicism-induced political apathy lately.

Mitt Romney
10-03-2007, 04:57 AM
Romney 56
Giuliani 49
Gilmore. 49

LOL

Nice! :clap

Mr. Peabody
10-03-2007, 10:02 AM
1. Dennis Kucinich
2. Chris Dodd
3. Joe Biden
4. Obama

shelshor
10-03-2007, 11:11 AM
1. Mike Huckabee (33)
2. John McCain (33)
3. Duncan Hunter (32)
4. Fred Thompson (32)

Weird, I got nearly the same score (within a point) on all of those 4.

I didn't get any Democrats til my 11th choice :lmao
You're almost as enthusiastic about this bunch as I am:
My highest:
John McCain with a whooping Score: 27
>
>
down to the runt, Dennis Kucinich with Score: 2

peewee's lovechild
10-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Bill Richardson would be number one for you huh?

:lol :lol :lol

It's funny that it came out that way. And, they only reason he came out on top is because I'm all for an immediate withdrawl from Iraq. Hillary, Obama, and Biden were just a couple of points behind him.

I like the guy, but I don't think he has much of a chance at getting the Presidential nomination.

If Chuch Hagel throws his hat in the ring, I'll have some serious thinking to do.

Duff McCartney
10-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Eh. No candidate really sticks out for me yet, but that may be because I've been going through a phase of cynicism-induced political apathy lately.

I've been in that phase for about five years now.

Fred
10-03-2007, 11:48 AM
I appreciate your vote.

Gerryatrics
10-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Duncan Hunter and Fred Thompson at the top. Joe Biden the leading democrat. Chris Dodd and Dennis Kucinich at the bottom.

Xylus
10-03-2007, 08:20 PM
1. Kucinich
2. Dodd
3. Obama

Not surprised, I really like Kucinich and might vote for him. I'm also supportive of Obama, and Ron Paul (who showed up near the bottom of my list, surprisingly).

SA210
10-14-2007, 12:57 PM
1. John Edwards
2. Obama
3. Hillary

whottt
10-14-2007, 01:32 PM
1. Joe Biden 43
2. Mitt Romney 38
3. Guilianni 37
4. Barrack Obama 35
5. John Edwards 35

I hate Biden...I actually hate all those guys except Guilianni.

whottt
10-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Jeb Bush 54

Geezus...

blackbucket
10-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Rudy Giuliani
Score: 35

Mitt Romney
Score: 34

Tom Tancredo
Score: 34

John McCain
Score: 33

Joe Biden
Score: 28

Rudy would be the one I'd vote for today if I had to so this confirms my initial thinking.

MannyIsGod
10-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Rudy would be the one I'd vote for today if I had to so this confirms my initial thinking.I dont' mean to put you on the spot but can I ask why?

AlamoSpursFan
10-15-2007, 09:39 AM
I appreciate your vote.

Fred Rocks!

Of course, this quiz says I should vote for Duncan Hunter, but I'm not voting for Duncan Hunter because I'm voting for Fred (my second choice according to the quiz).

peewee's lovechild
10-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Fred Rocks!

Of course, this quiz says I should vote for Duncan Hunter, but I'm not voting for Duncan Hunter because I'm voting for Fred (my second choice according to the quiz).

His debate skills are truly impressive.

He looked extremely presidential.

whottt
10-15-2007, 01:25 PM
I dont' mean to put you on the spot but can I ask why?

Probably his foreign policy and the way he handled himself during 911....not to mention he has a nice track record of success in lowering crime rates and taking on the mob.

There is no perfect candidate...and there is no perfect side....I wish there were.

I pretty much like everything about Guiliani except his stance on Marijuana.

He's not a true conservative...he's just primarily one on foreign policy and law enforcement.

And that's just a tradeoff some people have to make since there is no perfect candidate.

All the candidates are just words basically very few of them have a track record if impacting true change and handling themselves under fire...and Guilianni is one of those.

I'm not voting for anyone that advocates an immediate pull out of Iraq...you think we're hated now? Just wait till that happens...Plus it's irresponsible to go in and blow the living shit out of a country and then go...

Whoops. Our bad...see you guys later...good luck with that cleanup.

And when it happens, the people who advocated the pull won't accept that the pull out played a role in why we are now 10 times more despised than we were previously.

Not to mention that no country in history has ever garnered more respect and favor by losing a war...

BigZak
10-15-2007, 01:49 PM
i want guiliani and condi!

whottt
10-15-2007, 02:00 PM
whottt you're going to vpte for someone who said this:

Freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????

Yeah...if we were electing him King I'd probably have more of a problem with that....but since we aren't. I'll vote for him as President and then vote lib on congressional issues.

His stance on Marijuana is far more offensive to me....but that's just a bitter pill I'll have take to get the foreign policy I want....and that's the key issue to me.

Put it this way...Guiliani will get wet at the idea of being the guy who catches Usama Bin Laden and takes Al Qaeda down...

He's the type of guy that wants that kind of feather in his hat...more than anything. Craves it...

Forget about whether or not he's corrupt, or authoritarian...

That's ego, and you can always trust a man governemed by ego to play to his ego...and do everything in his power to justify having that ego...and Guiliani has a proven track record of that kind of success.

Plus...he wants revenge for what they did to New York...and he's the kind of guy that winds up getting it.

He's also got that Reaganesque crazy vibe coming from him that scares the living shit out of hard ass leaders.

He's the man for that job...

My favorite quote?

Sure you negotiate, but you do it with like, a thousand nuclear bombs aimed at their cities...

Said with a smile on his face.

:tu

Basically...I think he'll get results on the most important issue to me...

peewee's lovechild
10-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Probably his foreign policy and the way he handled himself during 911....not to mention he has a nice track record of success in lowering crime rates and taking on the mob.

I have friends living in New York City.
Guess what??
The Mob is still alive and kicking. Guliani did nothing to stop them.

You liked the way he handled himself during 9/11??
What did you think about the way he handled when they tried to blow it up the first time??

It seems terrorism follows this guy.

Plus, he likes dressing like a woman.
I don't know about you, but I don't dig that.

I'm not voting for anyone that advocates an immediate pull out of Iraq...you think we're hated now? Just wait till that happens...Plus it's irresponsible to go in and blow the living shit out of a country and then go...

Whoops. Our bad...see you guys later...good luck with that cleanup.

And when it happens, the people who advocated the pull won't accept that the pull out played a role in why we are now 10 times more despised than we were previously.

Not to mention that no country in history has ever garnered more respect and favor by losing a war...

We pulled out of Vietnam. Did the country implode??

In fact, we're trading with Vietnam and with China . . . they guys who we really had a beef against during that war.

So, nothing happened.
And, nothing will happen if we pull out of this "quagmire" (as Dick put it himself).

whottt
10-15-2007, 02:10 PM
We pulled out of Vietnam. Did the country implode??

In fact, we're trading with Vietnam and with China . . . they guys who we really had a beef against during that war.

God how I wish you had been born in Vietnam and been living there when we pulled out...

You're a fucking idiot.

So, nothing happened.

What a completely detached from reality asshole you are...

Just shut the fuck up and don't tell me nothing happened in Viet Nam after we pulled out...

You fucking idiot with an education from CNN Newsblurbs...

Goddamn I hate people with your kind of arrogance and irresponsibility. And there are too many liberals like you...you claim to be some champion of humanity, but really what you are is an asshole who thinks he's better than anyone else, and should have a different set of standards applied to him.

And, nothing will happen if we pull out of this "quagmire" (as Dick put it himself).

And everyone who challenges us from now, till the end of time, will use guerilla tactics to fight us...they'll say, hey, it worked in Vietnam.

So in effect, we will never win another war again...

On top of that...

You guys remain fucking clueless about the ultimate cause of terrorism and what created the shitty environment in the Middle East...that is a threat to us, and the world.

whottt
10-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Whottt:

Giuliani's the kind of guy who would JUST LOVE to make himself King when another terrorist attack happens

True...but he won't be able to do that.

Clinton was that type too btw, most of the guys that want to be President are...

peewee's lovechild
10-15-2007, 02:37 PM
God how I wish you had been born in Vietnam and been living there when we pulled out...

You're a fucking idiot.

I wish you would have been in Vietnam when we first arrived there.
They didn't take too kindly to the raping of the country women and the killing of little children because we couldn't make up our minds on who exactly was "Charlie".

What a completely detached from reality asshole you are...

Just shut the fuck up and don't tell me nothing happened in Viet Nam after we pulled out...

I can see how this affected the fabric of our society since we are now a third world country due to our withdrawal from Vietnam.

We haven't advanced at all and democracy took a black eye after the withdrawal. Europe is blanketed by communism due to our actions.

You fucking idiot with an education from CNN Newsblurbs...

And what do you attribute your own idiocy to?

Goddamn I hate people with your kind of arrogance and irresponsibility. And there are too many liberals like you...you claim to be some champion of humanity, but really what you are is an asshole who thinks he's better than anyone else, and should have a different set of standards applied to him.

Yea, invading a country that has no ties whatsoever to 9/11 is highly moral. Ignoring the countries that had a direct relationship to 9/11 (Afgahnistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia) is also the epitome of morality.

And everyone who challenges us from now, till the end of time, will use guerilla tactics to fight us...they'll say, hey, it worked in Vietnam.

So in effect, we will never win another war again...

You're a paranoid little fuck aren't you?

On top of that...

You guys remain fucking clueless about the ultimate cause of terrorism and what created the shitty environment in the Middle East...that is a threat to us, and the world.

The cause of terrorism in the Middle East is our presence there, coupled with a misguided religious fervor.

That will change when we let them kill themselves off.

Uncle Donnie
10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
McCain 47
Hunter 44
Tancredo/Thompson 41

Pretty much in line with what I thought it would be.

whottt
10-15-2007, 03:15 PM
I wish you would have been in Vietnam when we first arrived there.
They didn't take too kindly to the raping of the country women and the killing of little children because we couldn't make up our minds on who exactly was "Charlie".

Yeah because that happened all the time over there...just like in Iraq.

I can see how this affected the fabric of our society since we are now a third world country due to our withdrawal from Vietnam.

We haven't advanced at all and democracy took a black eye after the withdrawal. Europe is blanketed by communism due to our actions.

You fucking idiot...there was a complete and utter genocide after we pulled out.

We also rendered the death of every American sent over there meaningless, not to mention provided the blueprint for our own defeat for the current conflict we find outselves involved in.

Just remember you are the asshole that considers a fucking genocide over 2 million people...

As nothing.

Dick.

Yea, invading a country that has no ties whatsoever to 9/11 is highly moral. Ignoring the countries that had a direct relationship to 9/11 (Afgahnistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia) is also the epitome of morality.

We resumed a war...we still in a state of War with Iraq...

And we can't take Saudi Arabia out you idiot...what we can do is make them a governmental pariah in the mid-east.

You're a paranoid little fuck aren't you?

No, I'm not paranoid...you're just stupid. Legitimately stupid, and ignorant on this subject...and we both know it.

The cause of terrorism in the Middle East is our presence there, coupled with a misguided religious fervor.

No idiot...

The main cause of terrorism is the Mid-East governments that were put in place by Europe post WWI and WWII, that are ill equipped to rule countries and tend to the needs of hudreds of millions of people, living on fucking sand.

That will change when we let them kill themselves off.

You asswipe...just one of them has the potential to fucking wreck our entire world...not a problem, unless you have governments willing to enable them to do so.

whottt
10-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Here's the casues of terrorism:

Afghanistan:
Unemployment 30%
Population below the poverty line: 53%

Saudi Arabia:
Population below the poverty line: 54%

Iran:
Unemployment: 15% <<<< And I'm calling BS on that one...it was much higher just a few years ago.

Population below the poverty line: 40%

Pakistan:
Unemployment: 6.5% Incidentally...one of the things we did post 911 was give them trade agreements not to mention a ton of developmental aid.
Population below the poverty line: 24%

And you know what?

Sanctions make it worse...

They also tend to inordinantely punish the most innocent segment of the population...infants. Which results is some seriously pissed off people.

The two major shithead countries are Iran and Saudi Arabia...

Can you give me a good reason why two countries sitting on the world's largest oil and gas reserves have rampant unemlployment? and a third of their country living in poverty?

Those people are uneducated, homeless, and just completely fucked...

They get a religious education and a suicide mission, and an indoctrination into why it's Americas fault, buy Mullah's with a second grade education, who incidentally, spout the same fucking propaganda you do....and call it fact.

...and that's the way the leaders of those countries deal with that situation...

While they count their trillions...and consider their extreme wealth proof they are the doing the right thing.

And the countries that put these guys in power...were Europe. The country that initially backed the radical Islam movement, was the Soviet Union. The country that created the Palestinian Israeli situation...was Great Britain...

You know what they thought?

They're just a bunch of subhuman stupid savages...

Which is something that about 90% of the so called life loving liberals believe in thier heart of hearts.

And you are just fucking like them...because you know what they thought when they were assfucking that region of the world?

Those dumb savages....they can never get to us.

Well those savages can get to us now...you asshole.

And that clever little method of dealing with their unemployment and poverty, which we call radical Islam...is now a huge ass threat.

Pull your head out...

Those people didn't embrace that way of life...they were a bunch of people happy to be living on their sand until Europe came fucking with them, with vastly superior technology and resources...

They have no guns to help themselves with, they have no media to display their plight in it's true light, and they do not have the right, to voice their disproval of their shitty governments...

You out of sight, out of mind, POV, is an idiots point of view...and it's also not any kind of true liberalism...

It is in fact, an extreme form of racism and indifference.

tlongII
10-15-2007, 03:52 PM
I've got to side with whottt on these issues.

MannyIsGod
10-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Guliani is one of the worst candidates IMO. Talk about riding out 9/11 for all its worth. I am fairly suprised whottt is suporting this guy but I don't want to turn this thread into a debate anymore than it has already become so I'll leave it at that.

T Park
10-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Im not a big Giuliani guy but some of our things match up.

I thought I was a Huckabee guy, but am suprised he disagrees with me on so many things.

Strange.

peewee's lovechild
10-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Guliani is one of the worst candidates IMO. Talk about riding out 9/11 for all its worth. I am fairly suprised whottt is suporting this guy but I don't want to turn this thread into a debate anymore than it has already become so I'll leave it at that.

That's why I stopped posting on this thread.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Manny sold out

I miss the old days when he was a crusader for true liberalism.

whottt
10-26-2007, 12:23 PM
if you want to be tough on the communists..i mean terrorists...then why don't you support the two candidates with military experience?

1) john mccain

I support him...I just think he's a little touched in the head. Touched in a way that doesn't necessarily aid the country at this particular moment in time. The guy was POW for a long time...I think it had an impact on him that makes him both extremely honorable and to be respected...but not necessarily a guy that should be President right now. I don't think his judgement and grasp of the issues are entirely strong.

That said...he's the candidate that would get my vote if Guilianni doesn't get the nomination. And if he doesn't get it...LMAO I'll probably vote for Hilary.

2) ron paul

#1. Ron Paul lost me when he said, they don't want us there...

Who was he referring too?

He wasn't referring the Saudi Government...who in fact did want us there.
He wasn't referring to the millions of people who have left that region and have been critical for our friendships with brutal regimes...

He wasn't referring to the hundreds of millions stuck in that region...without freedom of speech to speak out of their government(but plenty to burn American flags and feed the propaganda machine), without free press...but who long for a better way of life, and resent the hell out of us for thinking being lucky enough to be born in a free region of the world somehow makes us better than them. While we do business with those most responsible for their plight.

He was referring to Radical Islam...a minority in the middle east...a minority with the intent, determination, ruthlessness, and backing to seize power and impose their will upon a largely defensive majority...and make an extremely bad situation worse...and even more oppressive.

A minority...that abhors civil rights, liberties and embraces xenophobia, racism and religious bigotry...basically everything mankind has embraced since the enlightenment.

He wants to repect those guys POV...that makes him a bad candidate to me.

Because he respects them because they threaten us the most...not because they are reflective of the majority of the inhabitants of the Middle East.

He wants to pretend it's not there and somehow it will all go away...

That won't make it go away...that is in fact, what created it.

Us thinking sanctions were the peaceful alternative...ignoring all the infant deaths caused, the loss of employment....the silent execution of millions, while the true aim of those sanctions, wasn't even in our sights

Us thinking that we could do business with those same governments and that our association with them wouldn't reflect badly on us...or that those governments wouldn't use us as scapegoat for their own incompetent leadership...resulting in rampaant unemployment, over population and poverty...

I give those leaders credit for one thing though...they are masters of redirecting, manipulating that anger away from themselves. You almost believe they actually are the helpless ones...

#2. I don't agree with Ron Paul's stance on abortion. I am pro abortion...I swallow my pride and vote for the anti-abortion guys because of their pro war stance.

Limited resources are the cause of every major conflict in the history of man, since the dawn of time...more people isn't going to solve that problem.

Having a ton of kids doesn't mean people are good parents and will set their kids up to do more than just suffer and have not....

It's a fairy tale irresponsible POV, not based in reality...the fact that he is both anti-war and anti-abortion makes him a bad candidate at this particular time in history.

If every candidate was anti-war...I'll vote for the pro abortion guys over the anti-abortion guys.

If it makes you feel any better...I wouldn't vote for the Pope or Pat Robertson either.

Nowhere in the bible does it say...be a dumbass and I'll reward you for it.

My ideal candidate would be a domestic liberal with a commitment to establishing a non dicatorial shithole in the middle east(Iraq, since we are already there) with true representative government...who also is willing to make the pre-requisite veiled threats to the shitty mid-eastern leaders about the fate that will befall them should a nuke get set off in this country...

That candidate doesn't exist...Guilianni, Clark and McCain are the closest ones...Giulianni wins out because...well he's the one that will most likely make the threat that matters most...the Saudi Family, the Mullah's in Iran, and Pakistan...that if somehow for some unfortunate reason, one of those terrorist groups they know nothing about and can't control...should set off a nuke on American soil...that he will nuke them...

Because that's what will do more to prevent it from happening in the immediate future, than anything else.

It'll also hit home with the leaders of the Millitant movements seeking power...

Usama wants to be the King of the Ottoman Empire...not a radioactive wasteland.

I do not for one second believe Paul would ever make such a threat...and even if he did, I don't think anyone would believe him...which means he would be the guy most likely to actually have to collect on that threat.

I don't want the guy that can fight if he has to do so, but doesn't look like he can fight so he's continually having to prove that he can...

I want the guy that no one wants to fight in the first place. He'll be less likely to have to collect on that threat.

Guilianni I'll believe it when he says it...basically the same thing I felt about Bush. That's what decides the guy I vote for...at this particular time. Everything else is secondary.

I want the bad cop right now...the good cop's time will come...but now is not that time.

PEP
12-22-2007, 09:33 PM
I think I've found my candidate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxXgzl_zYSY