PDA

View Full Version : Hoffman is NO Mariano

Erect as a Bull
10-02-2007, 05:25 AM
Theres a Padres fan that I work with and he tells me how Hoffman is the best. Hoffman has never been good in October or the Clutch for the most part.

Help a team win a few rings then we shall talk.

:lol Fucking Hoffman.

I say Hoffman blew the save.
But others say the Umps Blew the game. :elephant

Either way. He blew 2 saves in his last 2 chances and cost them a playoff birth. Funny shit.

TheSanityAnnex
10-02-2007, 06:30 AM
I can't argue any of that. Hoffman's never nutted up in big games, either has Peavy for that matter.

Thunder Dan
10-02-2007, 08:45 AM
He looks like Joe Borowski (Indians shitty closer)

MajorMike
10-02-2007, 09:07 AM
I can't argue any of that. Hoffman's never nutted up in big games, either has Peavy for that matter.

To be frank, Hoffman has never had much of a chance in big games because his starters have rarely let him have a save chance in the playoffs.

Last year, the Pads had the best pen in all of baseball and it was going to shut the Cards down, but the Cards busted out on the starters, making the pen a non-factor.

JamStone
10-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Who says the umps blew that game?

Nah, that was all on Hoffman.

Double-double-triple-intentional walk-hard hit liner to right.

And, the first two doubles by Kazman and Tulowitzki were on 3-2 counts. Both had two strike counts on them. That was all about Hoffman going into implosion.

Holliday was probably out at the plate. But, Hoffman never should have put the Padres in that position.

Fabbs
10-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Bud "Bochy" Black gets all the blame for this loss.
Hoffmans chokedness in meaningful games is well known if you've followed his history.

As to the slide, what a joke the network would not zoom in with the correct angle. MLB wants inconclusiveness. Even so, Blown Game Trevor would have given it up.

ducks
10-02-2007, 01:34 PM
yeah but in the other thread you said it was not peavy's fault :rolleyes

Erect as a Bull
10-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Who says the umps blew that game?

Nah, that was all on Hoffman.

Double-double-triple-intentional walk-hard hit liner to right.

And, the first two doubles by Kazman and Tulowitzki were on 3-2 counts. Both had two strike counts on them. That was all about Hoffman going into implosion.

Holliday was probably out at the plate. But, Hoffman never should have put the Padres in that position.

My buddy says the Umps cost them the game :lol
I use to like Trevor but with him telling me that hes better then Mo and how the Umps blew the game and the Padres would be going to the World Series. :lol

There would be 2 outs and a runner on base.
Even if Trevor got out of it the game would just be going into more innings.

Who knows what could have happpened.
But the Umps messed up all game.

Who would have thought that Peavy would give up 6 runs.
And Hoffman would blow a save.
2 reliable players not being reliable.

and :lol @ Joe B.

I wonder if they will have baseball instant replay now.
I actually hope so because I hate when my teams get screwed out of calls.

Fabbs
10-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Who would have thought that Peavy would give up 6 runs.
And Hoffman would blow a save.
2 reliable players not being reliable.

I absolutely planned on Trevor blowing it both in Milwaukee and last night in Colorado and called both in advance to no way shape or form bring Big Game Blown Trevor in when they did. Since when has he been "reliable" in a big game?

He's fine with 3 run leads in non pressure regular season games.
"Saves" all time is one of the most bloated stats there is.
Go into a game ahead 8-1 and let the other team get to 8-7 and you have *Saved* the game.

Now as to some great performances last night, Heath Bell, Doug Brocoli and Thatcher. I was pleading for Bud Bochy to leave Thatcher in.

DOMINATOR
10-02-2007, 07:23 PM
He's fine with 3 run leads in non pressure regular season games.
"Saves" all time is one of the most bloated stats there is.
Go into a game ahead 8-1 and let the other team get to 8-7 and you have *Saved* the game.
actually you don't get the save if it's more than 3 run lead when you enter the game. so you couldn't enter a 4-0 game give up 1 run then earn the save.
now if you inherited a base runner in a 4-0 game then the inherited runner scored then you earn the save.
at least i think that's right.

Erect as a Bull
10-02-2007, 11:28 PM
I think you get the save with a 3 run lead going into an inning. or coming in the gae and the Tying run is on deck or next to on deck. Something like that. :lol

Or if you pitch 3 innings up by 27 you get the save as well. :lol

Fabbs
10-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Postseason stats? Where is a site that will give us Trevors postseasons stats? I know the Padres won't. :lol I'd also like to see "Big games down the stretch" ie vs Milwaukee in what would have clinched the playoffs last week.

This one seems to but it's too screwed up to read.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/h/hoffmtr01.shtml
from what i can decipher, it doesn't look pretty for Big Game Blower Trevor.
Including this year:

13 games
1-3
4 saves out of ___?. Blown saves not recorded on this site. Nor MLB.com
ERA of 3.41

World Series
one appearance only.
Came in the 8th with Padres leading the Yankees 3-2. Got rocked for 3 runs, Padres lost 5-4. Mariano Rivera with the save.

TheSanityAnnex
10-03-2007, 12:35 PM
yeah but in the other thread you said it was not peavy's fault :rolleyesDid Peavy give up two run lead in the bottom of the 13th? Go fuck yourself retard.

DOMINATOR
10-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Go fuck yourself retard.
sir there is no need for that.