PDA

View Full Version : To all Media Matters bashers

George Gervin's Afro
10-02-2007, 08:24 AM
have any of you ditto heads ever been to the website? All I have heard for the last few days is that they are liars. If you go and see how they back up whatever they release you would know how stupid you look for standing by your kool aid prepaers.. The only people calling them liars are the folks that have been caught lying and being hypocrites.. And yes they provide audio and transcripts .. yet the soundbite warrioirs on talk radio only use 1 sentence out of a statement and are held up bastions of truth and integrity while MM provides content, audio, and transcrtips and they are labeled liars...

I found this sight a couple of years ago and find it hilarious that most of your heros are hypocrites and liars

xrayzebra
10-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Yeah, GGA, let us read what was edited out of the conversation.
It was very relevant to this whole mess. Like the guy talking about
WMD has been found. How come you didn't post this.

[begin Limbaugh edit]

LIMBAUGH: -- know where you're going these days, the last four years, if you signed up. The odds are you're going there or Afghanistan or somewhere.

CALLER 2: Exactly, sir. And, and my other comment was -- and the reason I was calling for -- was to report to Jill about the fact that we didn't, didn't find any weapons of mass destruction. Actually, we have found weapons of mass destruction in chemical agents that [inaudible] been using against us for awhile now.

I've done two tours in Iraq. I just got back in June and there were many instances of -- since [inaudible] not know what they're using in their IEDs [improvised explosive devices]. They're using mustard artillery rounds. The VX artillery rounds in their IEDs.

Because they didn't know what they were using, they didn't do it right, and so it just kind of -- it, it didn't really hurt anybody but there are -- those munitions are over there, it's just -- it's a huge desert. If they've buried it somewhere, we're never gonna find it.

LIMBAUGH: Well, you know, that's a moot point for me right now --

MIKE: Rush --

LIMBAUGH: -- the weapons of mass destruction. We gotta get beyond that. We're, we're there. What -- who cares if, if -- we all know they were there and, and Mahmoud [Ahmadinejad, Iranian president] even admitted it in one of his speeches here about -- talkin' about Saddam using the poison mustard gas or whatever it is on his own people -- but that, that's moot, right? What, what's more important is all this is taking place now in the midst of the surge working.

And all of these anti-war Democrats are getting even more hell-bent on pulling out of there, which means that success on the part of you and, and your colleagues over there is, is a great threat to them.

[end Limbaugh edit]

Now. Everyone can read this very important part that was
left out.............yeah, GGA. So get your pants in a wad again.
Media Matters on matters to them and suckers like you. I
am still waiting to hear how this very important stuff affects
any part of the whole conversation.

ChumpDumper
10-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Like the guy talking about
WMD has been found. How come you didn't post this.Because this wasn't a topic and hasn't been one since the Bush administration admitted to finding no WMDs.

Thank you for quoting "the guy" and brining "the guy's" independently verified story to light.

And showing that even Rush didn't give a shit about what "the guy" said about WMDs.

George Gervin's Afro
10-02-2007, 08:50 AM
" He made the comment while discussing with a caller a conversation he had with a previous caller, "Mike from Chicago," who said he "used to be military," and "believe[s] that we should pull out of Iraq." Limbaugh told the second caller, whom he identified as "Mike, this one from Olympia, Washington," that "[t]here's a lot" that people who favor U.S. withdrawal "don't understand" and that when asked why the United States should pull out, their only answer is, " 'Well, we just gotta bring the troops home.' ... 'Save the -- keeps the troops safe' or whatever," adding, "[I]t's not possible, intellectually, to follow these people." "Mike" from Olympia replied, "No, it's not, and what's really funny is, they never talk to real soldiers. They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and talk to the media." Limbaugh interjected, "The phony soldiers." The caller, who had earlier said, "I am a serving American military, in the Army," agreed, replying, "The phony soldiers."

Of course hush not only used the words soldiers.... a couple minutes later he mentioned the one he was supposedly talking about 2 minutes earlier.. keep dreaming ray... so how is it that hush was referring to someone who hadn't even come up in the conversation ray? please explain that..

George Gervin's Afro
10-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Now Shawn Whannity is complaining that media matters take quotes out of context.. :lol

The guy who makes a living of doing what he is so outraged about.. IRONY

Yonivore
10-02-2007, 02:42 PM
" He made the comment while discussing with a caller a conversation he had with a previous caller, "Mike from Chicago," who said he "used to be military," and "believe[s] that we should pull out of Iraq." Limbaugh told the second caller, whom he identified as "Mike, this one from Olympia, Washington," that "[t]here's a lot" that people who favor U.S. withdrawal "don't understand" and that when asked why the United States should pull out, their only answer is, " 'Well, we just gotta bring the troops home.' ... 'Save the -- keeps the troops safe' or whatever," adding, "[I]t's not possible, intellectually, to follow these people." "Mike" from Olympia replied, "No, it's not, and what's really funny is, they never talk to real soldiers. They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and talk to the media." Limbaugh interjected, "The phony soldiers." The caller, who had earlier said, "I am a serving American military, in the Army," agreed, replying, "The phony soldiers."

Of course hush not only used the words soldiers.... a couple minutes later he mentioned the one he was supposedly talking about 2 minutes earlier.. keep dreaming ray... so how is it that hush was referring to someone who hadn't even come up in the conversation ray? please explain that..
Hey, maybe "Mike from Chicago" was a phony soldier. But, Baghdad Diarist Scott Beauchamp and phony soldier Jesse MacBeth -- who were media darlings just a few months ago -- are, in fact, phonies and liars.

By the way, If Harry Reid is so worried about Rush Limbaugh's alleged slur on soldiers where is his indignation over his colleague John Murtha calling those Marines cold-blooded murderers?

Can you hold up a former or current soldier that is telling stories like Beauchamp and MacBeth that hasn't been discredited? "Mike from Chicago" doesn't count.

Yonivore
10-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Now Shawn Whannity is complaining that media matters take quotes out of context.. :lol

The guy who makes a living of doing what he is so outraged about.. IRONY
That's called projection GGA. Just because you allege Sean Hannity engages in a practice he is now condemning might make him a hypocrite but, it's doesn't mean Media Matters is innocent of the allegation.

How 'bout you demonstrate where he is wrong instead of attacking him...I know, I know, not your strong suit but, hey, we can hope.

George Gervin's Afro
10-02-2007, 03:07 PM
That's called projection GGA. Just because you allege Sean Hannity engages in a practice he is now condemning might make him a hypocrite but, it's doesn't mean Media Matters is innocent of the allegation.

How 'bout you demonstrate where he is wrong instead of attacking him...I know, I know, not your strong suit but, hey, we can hope.

Easy one:

Whannity repeats "we're not just air-raiding villages and killing civilians" over and over

Obama:

Asked whether he would move U.S. troops out of Iraq to better fight terrorism elsewhere, he brought up Afghanistan and said, "We've got to get the job done there and that requires us to have enough troops so that we're not just air-raiding villages and killing civilians, which is causing enormous pressure over there."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18567377/
What he's referring to:
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan - Airstrikes called in by U.S. Special Forces soldiers fighting with insurgents in southern Afghanistan killed at least 21 civilians, officials said Wednesday. One coalition soldier was also killed.

Helmand provincial Gov. Assadullah Wafa said Taliban fighters sought shelter in villagers’ homes during the fighting in the Sangin district Tuesday evening, and that subsequent airstrikes killed 21 civilians, including several women and children.

The U.S.-led coalition said militants fired guns, rocket-propelled grenades and mortars at U.S. Special Forces and Afghan soldiers on patrol 15 miles north of Sangin.

A resident of the area, Mohammad Asif, said five homes in the village of Soro were bombed during the battle, killing 38 people and wounding more than 20. He said Western troops and Afghan forces had blocked people from entering the area.

Death tolls in remote battle sites in Afghanistan are impossible to verify. Taliban fighters often seek shelter in Afghan homes, leading to civilian casualties, and it is often difficult to determine if people killed in such airstrikes were militants or civilians.

Maj. William Mitchell, a spokesman for the U.S.-led coalition, said troops killed a “significant” number of militants.

It's obvious Obama is referring to lack of troops in AFghanistan and the need to use air power because of it..

BUT whannity just cherry picks statemets all of the time..

George Gervin's Afro
10-02-2007, 03:17 PM

here's another one:

Whannity uses : "terrorizing kids & civilians in the middle of the night" implying and stating that John kerry says our troops are terrorists.

On the December 4 broadcast of CBS' Face the Nation, Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) criticized President Bush's "policy of failure" in Iraq, and said, "there is no reason ... that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the -- of -- the historical customs, religious customs. ... Iraqis should be doing that." Kerry's comment regarding the sometimes abusive treatment of Iraqi civilians during American-led raids is supported by an International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) report, a United States Institute of Peace (USIP) report, and news accounts detailing such raids

But no not whannoty he never takes quotes out of context..

I can keep going if you'd like.

xrayzebra
10-02-2007, 04:04 PM
^^Do you mean John Kerry, the wounded Viet Nam veteran who
told all those phony stories about Viet Nam and threw his friends
medals over the White House fence. Is that the one. Isn't
he also the one who voted for it before he voted against it?

If I remember correctly his supporters were declaring that
he still carried the shrapnel in his body today.

And I can really tell he supports the troops because he
puts down there mission on a daily basis and supports
their efforts to rout the enemy. Except in the dead of
night. Then he doesn't like them.

George Gervin's Afro
10-02-2007, 06:31 PM
^^Do you mean John Kerry, the wounded Viet Nam veteran who
told all those phony stories about Viet Nam and threw his friends
medals over the White House fence. Is that the one. Isn't
he also the one who voted for it before he voted against it?

If I remember correctly his supporters were declaring that
he still carried the shrapnel in his body today.

And I can really tell he supports the troops because he
puts down there mission on a daily basis and supports
their efforts to rout the enemy. Except in the dead of
night. Then he doesn't like them.

Hey ray guess what? I don't like kerry either but that sill doesn't take away that your heroes are hypocrites.

Wild Cobra
10-02-2007, 08:45 PM
By the way, If Harry Reid is so worried about Rush Limbaugh's alleged slur on soldiers where is his indignation over his colleague John Murtha calling those Marines cold-blooded murderers?

Even those who were soldiers who defame other solders end up being held accountable:

Marine Names Murtha in Defamation Suit (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/01/AR2006080101345.html)

Murtha might actually be found guilty! He most certanly slandered a man in public, on the record, with only hear say!

Wild Cobra
10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
But no not whannoty he never takes quotes out of context..

Ah, but the examples you gave are not giving a false implications of the truth! When I complain about context, it is when it changes the implication...

ChumpDumper
10-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Even those who were soldiers who defame other solders end up being held accountable:

Marine Names Murtha in Defamation Suit (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/01/AR2006080101345.html)

Murtha might actually be found guilty! He most certanly slandered a man in public, on the record, with only hear say!

A Naval Criminal Investigative Service investigation is expected to determine possible charges this summer, said officials familiar with the case.Maybe they should wait until the criminal investigation runs its course.
Zaid said the filing is designed partly to force Murtha to disclose what information he received from the Defense Department and the Marine Corps commandant to form his opinion, essentially trying to speed up the discovery process in a potential criminal trial.Yeah -- "partly."

xrayzebra
10-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Oh, hell, MM is nothing but a group formed by Ms. Clinton, she
said so. And who supports her in all matters, including media.
Her future Secretary of State, if she is elected. Georgie Soro's.

Moveon.org was a Clinton invention. So you folks get off your
high horse. All of you damn well know what Rush was talking
about, but you THINK you smell blood in the water.

How come Reid, the realtor, hasn't taken Rush up on his
invitation. Better yet, how come one of you or your favorite
site Media Matters call old Rush up and have a conversation
with him. Hmmmmmmmmm?

George Gervin's Afro
10-03-2007, 09:23 AM
Oh, hell, MM is nothing but a group formed by Ms. Clinton, she
said so. And who supports her in all matters, including media.
Her future Secretary of State, if she is elected. Georgie Soro's.

Moveon.org was a Clinton invention. So you folks get off your
high horse. All of you damn well know what Rush was talking
about, but you THINK you smell blood in the water.

How come Reid, the realtor, hasn't taken Rush up on his
invitation. Better yet, how come one of you or your favorite
site Media Matters call old Rush up and have a conversation
with him. Hmmmmmmmmm?

uh ray i heard clinton's comments that you are referring to and I believe she made the comments, and I'm paraphrasing, that she helped form and found groups like media matters... now i don't rememeber her stating " I formed and founded media matters"..do you have to take everything out of context ray?

xrayzebra
10-03-2007, 09:31 AM
uh ray i heard clinton's comments that you are referring to and I believe she made the comments, and I'm paraphrasing, that she helped form and found groups like media matters... now i don't rememeber her stating " I formed and founded media matters"..do you have to take everything out of context ray?

But, but, but Rush said soliders, with an "s". Remember.
But you can give Billary a sprout but Rush is a
Hater of Solder(s). Except he isn't.

George Gervin's Afro
10-03-2007, 09:35 AM
But, but, but Rush said soliders, with an "s". Remember.
But you can give Billary a sprout but Rush is a
Hater of Solder(s). Except he isn't.

well ray he did mention only one soldier... 2 minutes after he made the claim dems use phony soldiers...

Hillary may have well started MM but she did not admit to it. Your statement implies she admitted she started the group.. thyat's not true

am i talking to a wall?

xrayzebra
10-03-2007, 09:59 AM
well ray he did mention only one soldier... 2 minutes after he made the claim dems use phony soldiers...

Hillary may have well started MM but she did not admit to it. Your statement implies she admitted she started the group.. thyat's not true

am i talking to a wall?

Who the hell cares. There are many cases of phony
solider(s). The VA is prosecuting them, right now.
And the one that Rush brought up was trotted out
by the left wing dimms and held up as a good
example and they got caught, again, with egg on
their face. So he said soliders, big damn deal.
Like the missing 90 seconds or whatever, nothing was
said that related to the subject at hand.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2007, 11:31 AM
If it was no big deal, Rush would have left the unedited segment when that show was broadcast on Armed Forces Radio. He reportedly did not. Why is that?

Wild Cobra
10-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Why do you guys ignore the fact he repeated the plural for following the callers plural for? Then on top of that, there have been numerous phony soldiers! Then why is it Rush's job to elaberate beyond the current conversation? He often corrects people, but what was there to correct?

Nothing! Those of you bashing Rush over this are living in Fantasy Land.

I saw the video this morning. The context is that media matters claims to be unbiased, but they only have democrat support. The video of Hillary implicates her as to being a very active supporter of the group.

am i talking to a wall?
No, you're talking to people who know how to properly parse the truth instead of being a Lemming, believeing propaganda, like yourself!

ChumpDumper
10-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Then on top of that, there have been numerous phony soldiers!So why did he backtrack and say he was only talking about one? And then self-censored the exchange before it was put on Armed Forces Radio?
Then why is it Rush's job to elaberate beyond the current conversation?Why is it not? It's not like he lacks the time or platform to elaborate (man, your spelling would improve so much if you just took me off ignore).