PDA

View Full Version : Bill Parcells is losing it

Hook Dem
12-16-2004, 11:38 PM
It's getting old watching Bill at press conferences saying the same old things. Snapping at reporters and being generally arrogant. Now he makes Tony Romo #2 behind Testeverde and benches Henson. WTF is he doing? If he feels like Henson "isn't ready to play" in the NFL, then why hang on to him? When will he be ready if he never gets any playing time? I personally think Bill has demonstrated in the past that he was a good coach, but his present day tactics are only accomplishing the further demise of the Cowboys. I personally hope he does not finish the season with the Cowboys. There....I said it and I feel better. Fuck you Bill!!!!!!!!!!! :flipoff

Duff McCartney
12-16-2004, 11:55 PM
Sometimes Bill just does shit that is ridiculous...I know he likes Vinny Testaverde....but damn Vinny is just old. He needs to stop being stubborn...Vinny gives them a better chance to win....win what? Even if by some parting of the seas that the Cowboys make the playoffs, they aren't gonna go anywhere. Does Bill think the Cowboys stand a chance against any seed that is higher than them?

I think it's a sad thing that the past two games the Cowboys have won...they've had to be carried by a rookie running back. I'm not taking anything away from Julius Jones, but having to be carried to two wins by him says alot about the rest of the team.

IceColdBrewski
12-17-2004, 12:10 AM
Maybe Henson sucks. You guys ever think of that?

Duff McCartney
12-17-2004, 12:39 AM
If he sucks than fine....I can live with that. But so help me I will be furious if Bill does nothing in the offseason to get a QB. I've stated they should go for Drew Brees and I stand behind it. Anybody better than Vinny.

Hook Dem
12-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Maybe Henson sucks. You guys ever think of that?
Maybe so, but who knows? It's not really fair to evaluate someone only in practice situations. Let him play some to get a true evaluation. I'm not saying Henson is the saviour. I'm saying he needs some real situations to honestly evaluate him. His own team mates are not gonna kill him in practice. Bill keeps saying "he's not ready for the NFL". If thats truly the case....cut him. Is Bill afraid Henson will prove him wrong? I sense that Jerry Jones(who has been very patient) is fixin to rain down on Bill. I, for one, will not be sad to see him go. These players are not buying into his system.

2centsworth
12-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Bill is an awesome coach that needs some time. Jerry has decimated the cowboys since Jimmy Johnson left. The cowboys have little talent.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
12-17-2004, 01:54 PM
The Cowboys are a mess no doubt, however Bill has proven himself as a great coach. Drew on the other hand hasn't done squat in the NFL! That being said and everyone knowing this season has gone to the dogs, Bill may have decided Henson does suck and Romo deserves a chance as well before heads start rolling. The sad part of the situation is the QB position is still not the answer to all the Cowboys problems. The Boys are missing key players in every area offensively and defensively. So an overnight change in the QB position is only a small step in the right direction. One thing is sure though, I will be wearing a brown bag over my head as I watch the game in my own living room!!

Spurminator
12-17-2004, 03:34 PM
If Henson sucks in practice, chances are he'll suck in the game.

CosmicCowboy
12-17-2004, 03:39 PM
I think Parcells has decided that the Cowboys are a basket case and can't be salvaged...He is just trying to piss off Jerry Jones enough so that he fires him and has to buy out his contract...

Hook Dem
12-18-2004, 12:40 PM
I think Parcells has decided that the Cowboys are a basket case and can't be salvaged...He is just trying to piss off Jerry Jones enough so that he fires him and has to buy out his contract...
I think you hit the nail on the head!

Duff McCartney
12-18-2004, 02:34 PM
I'd gladly take Philip Rivers in a trade. Should trade him for some picks....at least one of our first rounders.

JFK
12-18-2004, 05:09 PM
Whats the case if things are as they remain?

lets say next year the Cowboys carry the same QBs?
and Its Testaverde, Romo, and Henson again?

i think parcells just isn't sold on Henson and never did like the kid and what he has to bring.

jcrod
12-18-2004, 07:18 PM
People are so high on Henson because of supposedly great games he had in college, but people seem to forget, thats only 8.....i say only 8 games he played in college. I don't see how you can truly say how good some one is after only 8 games in college, and that was 4 yrs ago.

I don't have a problem with throwing Romo out there to see what he can do. They've been saying good things about him since last yr. They have Henson tied up anywhere from 4 to 8 yrs, depending how much he plays. They have time with him, Romo is yr to yr. So you have to make decisions on him.