PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Do you think the Spurs should retire Avery's No. 6?

Kori Ellis
10-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Vote in the poll, please.

http://nbabeat.com/2007/10/02/spurs-to-retire-avery-johnsons-no-6/

Thanks,

Kori

Summers
10-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Voted. :)

xamila rey
10-02-2007, 01:07 PM
wow, so far most of the people that voted don't like the idea.

Kori Ellis
10-02-2007, 01:08 PM
I voted for Who Cares.

LOL

Hemotivo
No

MavTalker
Avery Johnson is the first Spur to make the winning basket to give San Antonio their very first NBA championship after 25 years and it takes them 8 years later to try and thank him? :lmao

Hemotivo
10-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Heck no!

What if Avery had missed the last shot?
answer: Party at Game 6 in the Alamodome

George Gervin's Afro
10-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Heck no!

What if Avery had missed the last shot?
answer: Party at Game 6 in the Alamodome

I had tickets to game 6 and 7...just for that AJ hell no!!

sandman
10-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Avery Johnson is the first Spur to make the winning basket to give San Antonio their very first NBA championship after 25 years and it takes them 8 years later to try and thank him? :lmao

You mean the winning basket in Game 5? Because everyone knows that if the Spurs had lost that game, there would have been no Games 6 or 7 and the NBA would have just handed the trophy to the Knicks right then and there. :rolleyes

Dave McNulla
10-02-2007, 01:52 PM
i voted no (i didn't feel as strongly as heck no, but they didn't have a regular no option).

he did a lot for his gifts, but in his absolutely best season he hit the shots he was supposed to hit. if he had done that more often, maybe the spurs would have more than one ring during his tenure.

he was tough, but he wasn't the toughest guy on the 99 team. elie was.

he hit the shot, but that wasn't the biggest shot in the series, and there was like two minutes left in the game, and there were two more chances to win it after that game. i think elliot's shot was much bigger.

mavs>spurs2
10-02-2007, 01:53 PM
i voted no (i didn't feel as strongly as heck no, but they didn't have a regular no option).

he did a lot for his gifts, but in his absolutely best season he hit the shots he was supposed to hit. if he had done that more often, maybe the spurs would have more than one ring during his tenure.

he was tough, but he wasn't the toughest guy on the 99 team. elie was.

he hit the shot, but that wasn't the biggest shot in the series, and there was like two minutes left in the game, and there were two more chances to win it after that game. i think elliot's shot was much bigger.

Dave McNulla is actually a mav fan over at mavstalk.com

He used to go by Mulvany and changed his name and pretended to be a spur fan after getting banned

Kori Ellis
10-02-2007, 02:05 PM

He used to go by Mulvany and changed his name and pretended to be a spur fan after getting banned

Weird. Dave McNulla has been posting on Spurs sites as Spurs fan for a decade or so :)

BacktoBasics
10-02-2007, 02:09 PM
I always thought of Avery as more of a player/coach and a mentor than just an average point guard. I'm not so sure they would have gotten the first one without him. He was a perfect fit for David, Sean and Timmy. A real leader and second voice for Pop. I think as a total package he deserves it. If it were based on his game alone then no but there is a lot more to it.

Walter Craparita
10-02-2007, 02:26 PM
no.

v2freak
10-02-2007, 02:37 PM
I voted yes, despite how easy it is to dislike him at the moment.

saporvida
10-02-2007, 03:22 PM
No.

RC's Boss
10-02-2007, 03:25 PM
hell no!

RC's Boss
10-02-2007, 03:25 PM
And not b/c he coaches the Mavs, just b/c he doesn't deserve it... period!

Slomo
10-02-2007, 03:28 PM
One word: 2006.

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/wanted_AJ.jpg

Mark in Austin
10-02-2007, 03:50 PM
:lol

Nice. Slomo does it again.

mavs>spurs2
10-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Weird. Dave McNulla has been posting on Spurs sites as Spurs fan for a decade or so :)

Well after he got banned at mavtalk, he put a note in his sig saying that he's not actually a spur troll and that he got banned on his real name, Mulvany.

FromWayDowntown
10-02-2007, 04:05 PM

Yeah, I'm sure that you have that incorrect. When I've looked at mavstalk.com in the past, there's a Dave McNulla there who is unabashedly a Spurs fan -- he seems to grate endlessly on the navelgazing Mavhomers over there.

Hemotivo
10-02-2007, 04:26 PM

nice :lol

DDUBB1770
10-02-2007, 04:29 PM
No way! Not good enough and back stabbing pillow biter!!!

Dave McNulla
10-02-2007, 04:49 PM

He used to go by Mulvany and changed his name and pretended to be a spur fan after getting bannedmulvany is a mav fan that got banned at mavtalk and used a modification of my name to post: Dave McNu11a (notice the ones in place of the L's).

i still post at mavs talk. it's fun to make fun of stupid people like you.

Barbarian
10-02-2007, 04:51 PM
no. Give him a plaque or a freaking "key to the city". Shit, give him his own holiday but dont retire his number. Leave that shit for the all time greats.

sandman
10-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Like how the poll has a link back to the AJ thread here on spurstalk

Spurs Brazil
10-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Yes!

barbacoataco
10-02-2007, 07:00 PM
I voted yes. It is close, but if you look at other franchises Avery meets the requirements for number retirement. He played for nearly a decade with the Spurs, and was a starter on a championship team. He is in the Top 5 of some all-time Spurs stats. He wasn't really all that great, but we're not talking HOF.

mavs>spurs2
10-02-2007, 07:03 PM
mulvany is a mav fan that got banned at mavtalk and used a modification of my name to post: Dave McNu11a (notice the ones in place of the L's).

i still post at mavs talk. it's fun to make fun of stupid people like you.

Don't know you bro

ShoogarBear
10-02-2007, 07:56 PM
wow, so far most of the people that voted don't like the idea.I guarantee # of whottt votes > 1.

50 cent
10-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Nah.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-02-2007, 08:16 PM
The absurd dissing of AJ that is going on is a great example of human fickleness and the fans' ridiculously short memory.

AJ was a soldier for the Spurs for over a decade, and he was a decent player and great leader. I think that a lot of the dissing is being fueled by his "defection" to the Mavs, and that's absurd - the guy isn't allowed to have a career?

saporvida
10-02-2007, 08:23 PM
The absurd dissing of AJ that is going on is a great example of human fickleness and the fans' ridiculously short memory.

AJ was a soldier for the Spurs for over a decade, and he was a decent player and great leader. I think that a lot of the dissing is being fueled by his "defection" to the Mavs, and that's absurd - the guy isn't allowed to have a career?

how about some of us couldn't stand his insistent preaching during his tenure and what a douche he really is. yeah i can remember as a kid wishing the man would pull his lip over his head and shut the f-up for once.

like i said... mediocre and not worth retiring his #.

ShoogarBear
10-02-2007, 08:29 PM
If, God forbid, Bruce Bowen takes a coaching job with another team after he retires, the same fickleness will doubtless be evident.

milkyway21
10-02-2007, 08:59 PM
i was planning to vote for "who cares" but,

No. I will not. Because I really care whose jerseys I want to see hanging on the rafters when I watch a game. I want to see the names of the Spurs heroes who I think are proud Spurs.
I want to know who among the former Spurs who remain loyal to the team, who would not think twice to be a part (smaller roles or not), don't care about how they get paid but just win games. (Heck, I would want to see Bruce Bowen's jersey being retired in the future ahead of him), and someone who would challenge anyone beat this team and Avery Johnson is not one of them. I can see him challenging this team instead. I bet he was in heaven when they won against us in 2006 WC finals.

He's a contributor to the team, alright helped us in the 1999 title but I'm not excited to see his jersey hanged beside DRob and Co., up there on the rafters.

whottt
10-02-2007, 09:19 PM
If, God forbid, Bruce Bowen takes a coaching job with another team after he retires, the same fickleness will doubtless be evident.

I doubt it....

People have legitimate reasons for being against AJ's jersey retirement...

And AJ has taken more shots at this franchise than Rodman did after leaving.

ShoogarBear
10-02-2007, 09:21 PM
If Bowen takes a coaching job with, say, the Kings, and the Kings beat the Spurs in a playoff series, I guaran-damn-tee folks will make up reasons why he's a traitor who shouldn't have his number retired.

whottt
10-02-2007, 09:21 PM
At this point AJ could piss on the Alamo and AJ fans would blame the Alamo for getting in his way.

Oh and hte guy saying McNulla is a Mavfan...

False, that dude has been posting at other basketball sites as a Spursfan for as long as I can remember...always defending the Spurs.

whottt
10-02-2007, 09:23 PM
If Bowen takes a coaching job with, say, the Kings, and the Kings beat the Spurs in a playoff series, I guaran-damn-tee folks will make up reasons why he's a traitor who shouldn't have his number retired.

Some will...not as many as have taken up the cause against AJ...

For proof of this I direct you to the AJ retirement poll in the classics forum...started before AJ was coach of the Mavs.

whottt
10-02-2007, 10:14 PM

Bonus points if anyone can say who made the two quotes at the bottom of that picture. I know :Lmao

Was funny...I actually tried to make an Iron on TShirt from that to give to Timvp at a GTG this past year.

curtismedellin
10-02-2007, 10:20 PM
At this point AJ could piss on the Alamo and AJ fans would blame the Alamo for getting in his way.

Classic Whott.

.....and if there was a button that said hell @#!$%&'n no i would've punched that :ihit

kskonn
10-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Bonus points if anyone can say who made the two quotes at the bottom of that picture. I know :Lmao

Was funny...I actually tried to make an Iron on for that Shirt to give to Timvp at a GTG this past year.

I would have to guess bruce bowen, is that right? if not who was it?

whottt
10-03-2007, 12:04 AM
No...the first one was AggieHoopsfan...

The second one was Kori Ellis with her best take on AJ ever...Kori has struggled to reach that level of clarity when talking about AJ at all other times.

whottt
10-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Damn...I just noticed Slomo started copywriting his stuff...someone's been telling him how good he actually is...

Good to see you getting the capitalistic spirit though Slo ;)

kskonn
10-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Damn...I just noticed Slomo started copywriting his stuff...someone's been telling him how good he actually is...

Good to see you getting the capitalistic spirit though Slo ;)

the free market is a wonderful thing.

Slomo
10-03-2007, 01:08 AM

Good to see you getting the capitalistic spirit though Slo ;)First props for remebering the quotes's authors.

The reason for the watermark at the bottom is very simple. Some of my stuff has been appearing on different sites and I don't mind, but I at least expect the person posting it to say "I found this at Spurstalk.com and thought I'd share". It rarely happens and then they are Buddy Holly wannabees who actually post it as theirs - and then play dumb "I didn't know whos it was" - well now you do.

I'm not selling it or making any money of it and anybody who finds it funny or nice is welcome to download it, post it or whatever - just don't be an ass about it. The few graphic things I do commercially are not on the www anyway.

As for the subject of the thread my main gripe with AJ is his behavior on the side lines during the 2006 playoffs - it pissed me off pretty bad then and I think he should have handled it better. Also retired jerseys should be reserved for really special players, while AJ was an important part of the 99 championship and possibly helped start the trend, he wasn't unique enough for the honor.
To repeat someone's earlier sentiment give him the keys to the city or something, but let's keep the rafters free for others, more exceptional players.

P.S. to Whoot: I'm the poster child for capitalist spirit over here :)

Kori Ellis
10-03-2007, 01:20 AM

The second one was Kori Ellis with her best take on AJ ever...Kori has struggled to reach that level of clarity when talking about AJ at all other times.

At all other times?

I spend a fair bit of time not liking AJ. :lol But that doesn't cloud my judgement into become delusional and thinking he wasn't a huge part of the Spurs first title.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-03-2007, 01:22 AM

exactly how many NBA all defensive teams did Johnson make? hell at least Bruce can consistently hit a jumper and has for the last 5 or so years.

timvp
10-03-2007, 01:36 AM

The second one was Kori Ellis with her best take on AJ ever...Kori has struggled to reach that level of clarity when talking about AJ at all other times.:lol

It's so funny to watch whottt meltdown whenever Kori disagrees with him. He can stand timvp not agreeing with him but if Kori ever disagrees, it's code red meltdown time.

ShoogarBear
10-03-2007, 01:43 AM
exactly how many NBA all defensive teams did Johnson make? hell at least Bruce can consistently hit a jumper and has for the last 5 or so years.So if you make all defensive teams and THEN coach another team to a playoff win over the Spurs, you're not a traitor?

Mark it down, the day Bowen or any former Spur beats the Spurs, revisionist history about what they meant to the Spurs will be in full force.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-03-2007, 01:46 AM
So if you make all defensive teams and THEN coach another team to a playoff win over the Spurs, you're not a traitor?

Mark it down, the day Bowen or any former Spur beats the Spurs, revisionist history about what they meant to the Spurs will be in full force.

Its called Bowen excelled with his play on the court. Johnson didnt.

Even if Johnson had never coached another team he still wouldnt merit the honor hes about to be given.

he was a liability on offense and defense and after the championship was the driving force for discord in the locker room.

hell it only took two seasons after we were rid of him to start winning trophies again.

ShoogarBear
10-03-2007, 01:50 AM
You're missing the point.

The major reason New Age Spur Fan doesn't like AJ has nothing to do with the player.

If AJ had never coached the Mavs, and especially if he hadn't actually beaten the Spurs, there wouldn't be animosity except from the hard-core haters like you and whottt.

Barbarian
10-03-2007, 01:54 AM
Are you guys kidding me. Now we are talking Bruce in the rafters? Dont get me wrong, I love Bruce and what hes done for the spurs but give me a fucking break. He is a role player(a very important one at that). Are we supposed to retire every member of all championship teams beacause they made you happy for a few years. Retired numbers belong to VERY special players. I dont think I need to list the players I am refering to. Whos next? Malik? I know how we all love our players past and present. But stop with the whole "He did so much for the city" crap. Those type of things dont merit you all time great.

I do have to admit though....If avery is up there then bowen definitely deserves to be there. bowen>avery

atxrocker
10-03-2007, 01:54 AM
fuck avery

atxrocker
10-03-2007, 01:56 AM
Are you guys kidding me. Now we are talking Bruce in the rafters? Dont get me wrong, I love Bruce and what hes done for the spurs but give me a fucking break.

:lol :lol according to spur fan bowen is a shoe in for the HOF

urunobili
10-03-2007, 08:25 AM
haven;t you thought that is a mental game to affect YOUR team?

sandman
10-03-2007, 09:05 AM
You're missing the point.

The major reason New Age Spur Fan doesn't like AJ has nothing to do with the player.

If AJ had never coached the Mavs, and especially if he hadn't actually beaten the Spurs, there wouldn't be animosity except from the hard-core haters like you and whottt.

So is your point that anyone who doesn't like AJ is simply a "New Age" fan who has been bandwagoning over the last 5 years?

I always thought AJ was the weakest on-court link to those teams in the 90's. I would have welcomed the opportunity to upgrade the position at any time during his tenure. I recognize that he, like DRob, TD, Sean and Mario, was an integral part of the '99 championship team.

But that does not mean I have to be happy with his number being retired. Hell, the two biggest arguments that I have heard are related to his "intangibles" and 00 hanging in the rafters. That to me is simply not enough to start riding his jock. Didn't do it then, don't want to do it now out of posterity.

sa_butta
10-03-2007, 09:24 AM
no. Give him a plaque or a freaking "key to the city". Shit, give him his own holiday but dont retire his number. Leave that shit for the all time greats.that sounds about right to me.

MoSpur
10-03-2007, 09:35 AM
I was leaning between heck no and who cares. I went with Heck No. I loved him as a Spurs player and thought he was a great floor leader and put a lot of players in check. He was an averaged point guard in my opinion. His play isn't what is getting his numbered retired though. I think he had a lot to do with our first title, but so did Mario Ellie.

Dave McNulla
10-03-2007, 09:43 AM

Don't know you broyou don't know me at all but you act like you do. mav fan acts like they know basketball but they don't. see how that works?

spurster
10-03-2007, 10:21 AM
I think he should be in because he was the best MC for a title celebration.

And that's at least as important as the fact that now he coaches another team. Is he supposed to work for the Spurs for free?

angel_luv
10-03-2007, 02:25 PM
I voted.

And the " Heck No's!" have it. :clap

Obstructed_View
10-03-2007, 03:25 PM

Wrong. Dave's been posting on the Spurs fanboard on Usenet for over fifteen years. Somebody's spoofing him. EDIT: I see I'm WAY late on this info.

Obstructed_View
10-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Three words: Bear hug defense.

Hell no.

saporvida
10-03-2007, 03:27 PM
avery sucks and he's got the worst case of small man syndrom ever. fuck that little bastard!

Reggie Miller
10-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Hell, I'm not even a "New Age" Spurs fan, and I hate the little sawed-off runt. I've despised the Little Napoleon ever since I found out about his "Jesus hates you for not making the most of your talent" remarks to David Robinson. What a prick.

Anyone who would seriously consider retiring AJ's number obviously doesn't understand the entire concept. That's the equivalent of the Yankees retiring Jim Leyritz's number.

Call it whatever you want (short memory, letting 2006 skew opinions, or whatever), but it goes deeper than that. I cannot recall a player having his nuber retired by Team A while currently employed by Team B. Retiring a number also makes a statement about that player's long-term ties, past, present, and future, to that organization.

AJ doesn't qualify on any level, period.

nfg3
10-03-2007, 04:26 PM
No - good floor and vocal leader but frankly of average talent. Jerseys usually don't get retired due to just that IMO, despite his '99 title winning shot.

Findog
10-03-2007, 04:29 PM
No way! Not good enough and back stabbing pillow biter!!!

I don't have a problem with Michael Finley signing with the Spurs. Do you?

Findog
10-03-2007, 04:33 PM
So if you make all defensive teams and THEN coach another team to a playoff win over the Spurs, you're not a traitor?

Funny how the opinion changes if we're talking about Avery Johnson or Michael Finley.

FWIW, I don't think either player owes anything to his former organization.

Reggie Miller
10-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Funny how the opinion changes if we're talking about Avery Johnson or Michael Finley.

I understand you to mean Johnson and Finley. Would you also extend this rationale to players like Reggie Miller or even Dirk? (For the purposes of this argument, please assume that Nowitzki will retire as a Maverick.)

I think someone like Reggie, who was the face of the franchise for over a decade and compensated accordingly, does owe something to the Pacers, if only because the team has made commitments to him that didn't end when he retired. Similarly, I think the Admiral and the Spurs owe something to each other for similar reasons.

Yes, it's a business, but you can run a business is a business-like fashion, while still honoring personal commitments, etc.

Obstructed_View
10-03-2007, 05:25 PM

To be fair, Finley was cut and could sign with any team OTHER than the Mavericks. Finley was also the leader and best player on the team for a number of years. I'm not sure how there's any similarity whatsoever.

SRJ
10-03-2007, 05:31 PM
I've despised the Little Napoleon ever since I found out about his "Jesus hates you for not making the most of your talent" remarks to David Robinson.

First of all, I don't think the word was "hates". IIRC, the quote was "Jesus would be disappointed...".

But second of all, what's the best way to reach David Robinson? If you want to make Robinson, a committed Christian, aware that he needs to step up his effort, what would make him pay closer attention than that?

To reach guys, you need to use language they would understand. Maybe that was harsh, but sometimes guys need a kick in the pants.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Avery Johnson is the first Spur to make the winning basket to give San Antonio their very first NBA championship after 25 years and it takes them 8 years later to try and thank him? :lmaomaking the "winning basket" when we were up 3-1.............http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif
i don't want to sound ungreatful, but he doesn't belong in the rafters. sorry.

ShoogarBear
10-03-2007, 08:17 PM
So is your point that anyone who doesn't like AJ is simply a "New Age" fan who has been bandwagoning over the last 5 years?

I always thought AJ was the weakest on-court link to those teams in the 90's. I would have welcomed the opportunity to upgrade the position at any time during his tenure. I recognize that he, like DRob, TD, Sean and Mario, was an integral part of the '99 championship team.

But that does not mean I have to be happy with his number being retired. Hell, the two biggest arguments that I have heard are related to his "intangibles" and 00 hanging in the rafters. That to me is simply not enough to start riding his jock. Didn't do it then, don't want to do it now out of posterity.The genesis of this particular discussion were people commenting about how AJ was such a traitor, and my response that if Bruce Bowen ever came back and beat the Spurs with another team, suddenly he would be hated as a traitor, too.

And the point is that a majority of the casual Spur Fans who don't like him only do so because he is now the coach of the Mavs. All of the reasons that you list above about why you don't like AJ are not germane to this particular point.

Findog
10-03-2007, 08:50 PM
I understand you to mean Johnson and Finley. Would you also extend this rationale to players like Reggie Miller or even Dirk? (For the purposes of this argument, please assume that Nowitzki will retire as a Maverick.)

I think someone like Reggie, who was the face of the franchise for over a decade and compensated accordingly, does owe something to the Pacers, if only because the team has made commitments to him that didn't end when he retired. Similarly, I think the Admiral and the Spurs owe something to each other for similar reasons.

Yes, it's a business, but you can run a business is a business-like fashion, while still honoring personal commitments, etc.

Well, I don't care whether or not the Spurs retire AJ's jersey, but he never meant to the Spurs what David Robinson did, or what Dirk has meant to the Mavs. And like Michael Finley with the Mavericks, once it was no longer in the best interests of the team to keep him on the roster, he was shown the door. Loyalty is a two-way street, and while it's a nice gesture on the part of the Spurs FO to extend this honor to him, I don't get the venom just because he decided to go into coaching after retirement and took advantage of the opportunity to coach one of the League's elite teams. I don't begrudge Michael Finley signing with the defending champs because he wanted to win a ring.

weebo
10-03-2007, 08:51 PM
To hell with all this AJ voting crap...Viva las espuelas gets my VOTE for avatar of the year! :hungry:

mavs>spurs2
10-03-2007, 09:19 PM
you don't know me at all but you act like you do. mav fan acts like they know basketball but they don't. see how that works?

Nice generalization douche bag

Show some proof of how every mav fan doesn't know basketball

or just take your ass back to mavtalk and continue your shitty attempts at trolling

=RTM=
10-03-2007, 09:22 PM
=Reading the harsh words you all have for one of the best Spurs players in history makes me sick. You all have no business calling yourselves San Antonio Spurs fans.

I can only pray to GOD Avery or anyone from his family does not visit SpursTalk.

I am ashamed of you all.=

Indazone
10-03-2007, 09:30 PM
That was what I was wondering. Why would you retire AJ's number? What exactly has he done? Was he a Superstar? He was a mid-level player who is now coaching your mortal enemy the Dallas Mavericks. If anything AJ should be dead to the city of San Antonio. Just like Mario Elie assistant traitor. Maybe we'd be cheering them on if they were coaching for the Portland Trailblazers but c'mon. This is the Dallas Mavericks!!

mavs>spurs2
10-03-2007, 09:33 PM
psssst

its not the hall of fame were talking about here

teams retire jerseys of guys who arent necessarily all time greats all the time

whottt
10-03-2007, 10:19 PM
I defend any and all forms of trolling, but blessed AJ is hands off.

Amazing....

I've always wondered if I had been in Germany back in the 30's, if I would have seen what was coming...luckily for me and thanks to these debates, I know I would have. As for others...tsk.

saporvida
10-03-2007, 10:25 PM
=Reading the harsh words you all have for one of the best Spurs players in history makes me sick. You all have no business calling yourselves San Antonio Spurs fans.

I can only pray to GOD Avery or anyone from his family does not visit SpursTalk.

I am ashamed of you all.=

all this coming from a mavs fan on a SPURS forum who has SPURS as his sig? how ironic.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-03-2007, 10:48 PM

QFT (and because I'm eyewitness #1).

J.T.
10-03-2007, 11:34 PM
all this coming from a mavs fan on a SPURS forum who has SPURS as his sig? how ironic.

I'm convinced that his Mav love is just an ongoing trolling attempt. We have all been trolled.

=RTM=
10-04-2007, 12:01 AM

=Finley a Spur? how ironic indeed ..........welcome to the N..B...A...my friend.
You don't have to be a Spurs fan to give props to the man who literally lead the spurs down the court in 1999 and had over 2 Million Fans on the Streets of San Antonio honking their car horns till the break of dawn. He is the "Little General" and he will always be, That shit is will always be around like the Alamo.

I will pray tonight " forgive them (@ST) father , they not know what they post! how soon you forget.

Did you fucktards forget about Mario Elie?=

https://www.nbrpa.com/news/editorial/images/mario_top.jpg

timvp
10-04-2007, 12:03 AM

I am ashamed of you all.=Even mouse getting in on the whottt ownage.

Classic.

saporvida
10-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Finley a Spur? how ironic indeed ..........welcome to the N..B...A...my friend.

You don't have to be a Spurs fan to give props to the man who literally lead the spurs down the court in 1999 and had over 2 Million Fans on the Streets of San Antonio honking their car horns till the break of dawn. He is the "Little General" and he will always be, That shit is will always be around like the Alamo.

avery's a douche. i think we should hang his jersey up and then set that bitch on fire during the first game vs the mavs when they come to town, then proceed to whoop some mav ass that night. a bitch is a bitch is a bitch and aj will always be just that.

as for finley. ironic finley is a spur? no, it's ironic that some of us who can't stand aj are getting flack from the same mav fans who boo'd and showed disrespect towards finley the past 2 yrs. finley was a class act as a mav and still is as a spur yet we get your lame ass trying to call us out over this aj fiasco. calling the kettle black...

saporvida
10-04-2007, 12:20 AM
I will pray tonight " forgive them (@ST) father , they not know what they post! how soon you forget.

i don't need you praying for me... maybe you should pray that your duperstar dirk doesn't repeat another choke job like he's done all his career, maybe hold back howard from calling timeouts, and pray that your wannabe thugs actually amount to more then a big pile of shit.

=RTM=
10-04-2007, 12:26 AM
avery's a douche. .

=Did you say that in back *1999? That to me speaks volumes. Or maybe the fact is, you were to young at the time to remember the Spurs to really call yourself a spurs fan?=

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Misc/IMAG0903.jpg

timvp
10-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Rack The Mouse

Smackie Chan
10-04-2007, 12:33 AM
i don't need you praying for me...

Does this shit come any easier than this?.......................

Looter
10-04-2007, 12:35 AM
leave some of his ass for me...........

BradLohaus
10-04-2007, 12:37 AM
I voted "who cares" because I think it's too early.

In time I would like to see AJ's 6 retired, but given that he is coaching our main rival, I would have liked to have seen the Spurs wait until the Duncan era is over before they did this.

Jimmy
10-04-2007, 12:38 AM
You guys can make swiss cheese out of saporvida's ass all night!
just don't bring his smelly young ass to my place!

Winston Wolf
10-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Cleaning saporvida's brains from the back seat may take some work....

Big Worm
10-04-2007, 12:42 AM
saporvida better have my two fitty!

mavs>spurs2
10-04-2007, 12:43 AM
psssst mouse

check out what hes saying in this thread http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78678&page=2

saporvida
10-04-2007, 12:50 AM
ohhh shit talking from all the fag mav fans who want a piece of my lovely ass. i always knew you mav fans were a bunch of fresas.

hey mouse... get over the midlife crisis "brah", get out of mom's basement, and look into employment.

i find it funny you are calling me out on a SPURS forum. that shit has got me laughing so hard right now. anyhow you wanna know how big of a SPURS fan i am? been following them since i can remember which is probably about when i was around 5-6 yrs old. i played on the court in robinsons complete jersey w/his big clown shoes vs the coyote during halftime when i was 7, i have spent many of my hard earned dollars on tickets and memorabilia, etc... i don't really need to prove myself to you so i will stop. let me add this one thing: i am such a huge SPURS fan that i would never sign up on another teams forum!

i find it funny that some old man like you is actually trying to talk the lingo of my era. when you getting a corvette old man?

saporvida
10-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Did you say that in back *1999? That to me speaks volumes.

back in '99 i doubt you gave a damn about aj or the spurs for that matter. that speaks volumes.

mavs>spurs2
10-04-2007, 12:55 AM
:lmao

Kori Ellis
10-04-2007, 01:06 AM
back in '99 i doubt you gave a damn about aj or the spurs for that matter. that speaks volumes.

Re-wind your tape of the 99 Championship River Parade and you'll see Mouse on the freakin float. He's one of the biggest old school Spurs fans.

anakha
10-04-2007, 01:17 AM
:lmao

Smack talk, mouse style, never gets boring.

T Park
10-04-2007, 01:18 AM
mouse was the original online spurs fans back in the mid 90s.

saporvida
10-04-2007, 01:26 AM

Re-wind your tape of the 99 Championship River Parade and you'll see Mouse on the freakin float. He's one of the biggest old school Spurs fans.

and still i dont give a damn...

this mouse guy could had been the spurs ball boy for all i know and still i wouldn't give a damn. his blood is blue and that's that. mav fans are the biggest cocksuckers i have ever met.

mavs>spurs2
10-04-2007, 01:27 AM

this mouse guy could had been the spurs ball boy for all i know and still i wouldn't give a damn. his blood is blue and that's that. mav fans are the biggest cocksuckers i have ever met.

:lol Way to generalize an entire fan base douchebag

plus youre talking out of your ass on this one, mouse isnt even a mavfan

saporvida
10-04-2007, 01:29 AM
:lol Way to generalize an entire fan base douchebag

what's wrong with speaking the truth? you have one of the worst wannabe thugs in history in your sig and you're calling me a douche? mav fan... go figure.

mavs>spurs2
10-04-2007, 01:35 AM
what's wrong with speaking the truth? you have one of the worst wannabe thugs in history in your sig and you're calling me a douche? mav fan... go figure.

So now your telling me you personally know every mav fan in existance?

Jesus, give me a break...

And since you have no way to back up your senseless claims, now you resort to attacking my sig? That's got to be the lamest form of trolling ever, step your game up

You're lucky mouse must have gone to bed before getting the chance to tear your ass a new one..

saporvida
10-04-2007, 01:39 AM
step your game up

find me on xbox live or on the court near my house...

ps: mouse tearing me up is almost as funny as the thought of the mavs winning anything other then a choke job.

psps: troll this... troll that... blah blah blah... time for a bowl so i can laugh a bit harder.

whottt
10-04-2007, 01:39 AM
If I had a dollar for every time mouse has called David Robinson the little mermaid I could retire...he rags on dead people, he runs incest smack with pics(allegedly)....

All of a sudden with AJ he has standards...

Taint natural...I'm tellin you.

It's a cult.

whottt
10-04-2007, 01:45 AM
And no member of the AJ cult has an inch of room to run smack at the Church of Manu and Slovenians...

They don't over-rate their guys near as much as the AJ fans do...

mavs>spurs2
10-04-2007, 01:50 AM
What about the church of Whottt?

mavs>spurs2
10-04-2007, 01:51 AM
I hear ChumpDumper and Sequ go there every Sunday and Wednesday

saporvida
10-04-2007, 01:55 AM
remember this mavs<spurs... believe.

Kori Ellis
10-04-2007, 01:56 AM

Umm... He's not a Mavs fan. It's a schtick. It's the internet.

Learn how to capitalize and stop with the nonsense generalizations. You are far more obnoxious and annoying online than 90% of Mavs.

saporvida
10-04-2007, 02:00 AM
Umm... He's not a Mavs fan. It's a schtick. It's the internet.

Learn how to capitalize and stop with the nonsense generalizations. You are far more obnoxious and annoying online than 90% of Mavs.

awesome kori. thanks... generalizations are in our nature so get over it already. it's the internet!

mouse isn't a mav fan? well i'll be damned... i guess i couldn't see through his "sarcasm" just like you couldn't see through mine kori in many posts. i guess that's why you keep your finger close to the ban button when it comes to me. you don't get my sarcasm so don't act like i should get his.

ps: i already am done with 1301 & 1302 english courses so i know how to capitalize but i choose not too. i don't see the point considering i ain't writing a paper. get over it once again.

Kori Ellis
10-04-2007, 02:01 AM
awesome kori. thanks... generalizations are in our nature so get over it already. it's the internet!

mouse isn't a mav fan? well i'll be damned... i guess i couldn't see through his "sarcasm" just like you couldn't see through mine kori in many posts. i guess that's why you keep your finger close to the ban button when it comes to me. you don't get my sarcasm so don't act like i should get his.

ps: i already am done with 1301 & 1302 english courses so i know how to capitalize but i choose not too. i don't see the point considering i ain't writing a paper. get over it once again.

Umm.. I don't need to get over it.

Watch.

By the way, you are not sarcastic or funny. You are just obnoxious and vile. There's a big difference.

so i know how to capitalize but i choose not too

Sure ... you probably know how to spell too.

mavs>spurs2
10-04-2007, 02:03 AM
remember this mavs>spurs... believe.

Kori Ellis
10-04-2007, 02:10 AM
And for anyone who thinks I have a short leash with Saporvida ... I don't. He was banned before for repeatedly calling people Nazi after being asked not to do so. Then recently he went off on FromWayDowntown calling him a "pussy" repeatedly. He thinks he's cool by being obnoxious and spewing garbage at people constantly. It's tiring.

Obstructed_View
10-04-2007, 03:52 AM
The genesis of this particular discussion were people commenting about how AJ was such a traitor, and my response that if Bruce Bowen ever came back and beat the Spurs with another team, suddenly he would be hated as a traitor, too.
Yeah, that's pretty stupid. I still don't like that he went to the Mavericks and started behaving like a Maverick. Kind of makes me ashamed of him. He's still one of my favorite Spurs of all time. Doesn't mean he deserves to have his jersey retired.

anakha
10-04-2007, 04:01 AM

Just goes to show - EVERY team has its fair share of jerks and dumbass fans. Even the Spurs. :lol