PDA

View Full Version : Props to Paul Silas

iminlakerland
12-16-2004, 11:52 PM
Props to Paul Silas, keeping internal problems to themselves. And im glad how he got loud with the media to stop forcing it. Props to him man!

2pac
12-17-2004, 12:00 AM
Am I speaking Chinese here?

iminlakerland
12-17-2004, 12:01 AM
that was hillarious

exstatic
12-17-2004, 12:24 AM
It's good to give context when you're posting about something. WTF are you talking about?

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-17-2004, 12:28 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1947997

Thursday, December 16, 2004
Guard leaves court during game
Associated Press

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. --Cleveland point guard Eric Snow was sent to the locker room after getting in an argument on the bench with Cavaliers coach Paul Silas in the second quarter against Detroit on Thursday night.

Snow returned to the bench after halftime, but did not play in the second half.

Silas was upset with Snow because the Cavaliers turned the ball over on an eight-second violation.

"Nobody was open," Snow shouted back at Silas.

Silas then took Snow out of the game and after a heated conversation, he gestured to Snow to get off the bench. Snow walked off the court with teammate Scott Williams and Robert Traylor.

"I am not going to discuss that," Silas said after the game.

Snow also declined comment.

The Cavaliers suspended forward Ira Newble last season for one game because of a profanity-laced argument with Silas.

SequSpur
12-17-2004, 12:35 AM
I mentioned the Snow vs. Silas crap Saturday night. I saw that shit here at the SBC. Silas was all over Snow's ass for allowing Beno to drop 3s from all over the court. Snow was guarding no one, but then again, Cleveland was attempting a Rashosoft zone.

Snow is frickin history.

exstatic
12-17-2004, 12:54 AM
Did Silas scream at Drew Gooden, or frankly the rest of their whole damn team at the SBC? Shit, Sean called out Gooden, bigtime, on the telecast for his matador D.

I guess the Eric Snows of the world are destined to be yelled at by coaches. If there was an 8 second violation, the opponents were probably trapping. It is equally the responsibilty of the other players to get to the spots on the floor where they can receive the pass to break the trap. They practice this shit. I just think the whole Cleveland club is fairly lazy and fundamentally unsound.

Solid D
12-17-2004, 07:26 AM
Snow is a vet. He was supposed to bring some floor leadership to the team. Props to Silas. It's up to Snow to react in a wise manner and be mature from this point on...for the sake of the team...even if he disagrees with the coach.

Taco
12-17-2004, 08:16 AM
Silas don't take no Schmitt

T Park
12-17-2004, 08:54 AM
Dissapointing.

I thought that Eric Snow was more mature, and a much better guy than this.

Very very dissapointing.

IMO, this may be a turning point that hurts the Cavaliers.

Bad loss, come from ahead to lose to Detroit.

Coach and one of the important players off the bench gets in a fight.

Not good at all Cleveland.

Spurminator
12-17-2004, 09:18 AM
I thought that Eric Snow was more mature, and a much better guy than this.

It's one incident.

I wouldn't jump to any extreme conclusions about his character, or the ramifications to the Cleveland team.

Conversely, and to Snow's credit, he didn't lash out at Silas to the media as many players probably would have done.

Rummpd
12-17-2004, 11:09 AM
I would take Eric Snow in a heartbeat on any team - would be awesome as 3rd point assurance period.
MadDoc

Solid D
12-17-2004, 11:23 AM
If Houston would have signed him during the off-season, they'd be good.

boutons
12-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Cavs suspend Snow for Silas confrontation

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Cavaliers backup point guard Eric Snow was suspended for one game without pay for his sideline confrontation with Cleveland coach Paul Silas during Thursday night's loss in Detroit.

Snow will sit out Saturday night's game against the Boston Celtics. The suspension will cost him one game's paycheck, about $54,000.

On Thursday, Snow was upset when Silas pulled him from the game in the second quarter after a turnover on an eight-second call and he cursed while walking to Cleveland's bench. Silas didn't care for Snow's display and angrily confronted him before sending him to the locker room for the rest of the half.

Silas allowed Snow to rejoin the team on the bench for the second half but didn't play him.

Snow is in his first season with Cleveland, which acquired him in a July trade with Philadelphia. He is averaging 3.6 points and 20.7 minutes.

With Snow out, Dajuan Wagner will be used as starter Jeff McInnis' backup.

© 2004 The Associated Press.