PDA

View Full Version : Texas/Oklahoma

NoMoneyDown
10-02-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm surprised there hasn't been serious discussion for this game yet here. The Sooners are giving 10pts to the Longhorns, but I think they need more like 15 or 20. Oklahoma got a rude awakening last week by resting on their laurals and letting Colorado back into the game. Just a total mental lapse on their part. Previous to that game, they were averaging 61.5 PPG, while giving up only 11 or so PPG. Texas, on the other hand, has been playing with fire most of the season (see: Ark St. and UCF), and eventually got burned by KSU at home this past weekend. Their pass defense has been pretty soft, and OU will come out firing in the air, I'm willing to bet. I know it's a rivalry game, and anything can happen, but I just don't see UT being in this game much at all.

Oklahoma 48
Texas 21

SrA Husker
10-02-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm surprised there hasn't been serious discussion for this game yet here. The Sooners are giving 10pts to the Longhorns, but I think they need more like 15 or 20. Oklahoma got a rude awakening last week by resting on their laurals and letting Colorado back into the game. Just a total mental lapse on their part. Previous to that game, they were averaging 61.5 PPG, while giving up only 11 or so PPG. Texas, on the other hand, has been playing with fire most of the season (see: Ark St. and UCF), and eventually got burned by KSU at home this past weekend. Their pass defense has been pretty soft, and OU will come out firing in the air, I'm willing to bet. I know it's a rivalry game, and anything can happen, but I just don't see UT being in this game much at all.

Oklahoma 48
Texas 21

This is the fourth-best game of the week in the Big 12 :dizzy

In no particular order:

Nebraska vs Missouri to take first place in the North
A&M vs Capt. Mike to take first place in the South
Kansas vs KSU to see if either team is real.

The best part about the red river game? One of the teams is guaranteed to start conference out 0-2!

degenerate_gambler
10-02-2007, 05:13 PM
When I read quotes from guys Derek Lokey saying that starting out 0-2 in the conference isn't really a death knell for the season....well, I have little hope for a UT win.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Our team has reached gutlessness of AGGIE proportions

i say play chiles and watch the season sink like a tank

clambake
10-02-2007, 06:08 PM
it's going to be a stomping

BeerIsGood!
10-02-2007, 06:16 PM
2 overrated teams who won't do jack shit this season. I'm so disappointed with the Horns this year I can barely stand to bring myself to watch the games. When you hear them talk you can see that they're already whipped.

j-6
10-02-2007, 06:58 PM
OU's giving up 10.5 on my service, but I've seen as low as 8.5 and as high as 11.5. It probably will increase since Colt says he can play Saturday.

In no particular order:

A&M vs Capt. Mike to take first place in the South
Kansas vs KSU to see if either team is real.

Just for fun, I'll go Mizzou -6, Okie State +6, and K-State -4. I'd bet Mizzou and K-State for real but wouldn't get near OSU / Ags. I'll reserve my UT/OU pick until the damn line stops moving.

MajorMike
10-02-2007, 06:58 PM
uo wins by 20.

K-State Spur
10-02-2007, 07:52 PM

Or maybe 3rd.

Ignignokt
10-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Huskers and tiggers need to beat a top 10 team first and then claim dominance in the north. Right now the only team that scares me is Kstate.

ANd another, colorado beat oklahoma on the line, in the stats, and dominated the ground.

Okies points came off of two ints followed by their respective drives. the Oklahoma O was limited, and their best reciever had 0 catches.

THat's right texas fans. Watch how we do it, and then learn. And we do this with half the star rankings and half the recruiting money.

MajorMike
10-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Or maybe 3rd.

Yeah, KU or CU look like the big dog in the North this year.

K-State Spur
10-03-2007, 09:47 AM
KU is going to be exposed on Saturday.

SrA Husker
10-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Yeah, KU or CU look like the big dog in the North this year.

As Colorado has already lost to ASU and Florida State, I have a hard time putting them at the top of the conference after one win over a team I thought was overrated, and was probably looking past CU to the red river game.

Ignignokt
10-03-2007, 10:13 AM
As Colorado has already lost to ASU and Florida State, I have a hard time putting them at the top of the conference after one win over a team I thought was overrated, and was probably looking past CU to the red river game.

You must have missed stoops remarks before the game.

also asu and flordia state are ranked, our offense is barely getting into things.

CU>Neb even a sooner fan would recognize.

CU D > Neb D

samikeyp
10-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Boomer 35
Bevo 17

SrA Husker
10-03-2007, 10:53 AM
You must have missed stoops remarks before the game.

also asu and flordia state are ranked, our offense is barely getting into things.

CU>Neb even a sooner fan would recognize.

CU D > Neb D

Scoreboard. Two years in a row. Come talk to me after Turkey Friday.

MajorMike
10-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Scoreboard. Two years in a row. Come talk to me after Turkey Friday.

Cool. So I have 2 weeks left to say that to you.

Scoreboard. Come talk to me in 2 weeks.

degenerate_gambler
10-03-2007, 01:01 PM

You guys get your shit out of this thread.

This thread is about Texas/OU and the buildup to the game. You know, like Mack clapping, slapping some backs this week in practice. And having the players hold hands and sing Kumbaya so that when OU punches them in the mouth the first time Saturday, they're well prepared to just lay down and curl up into a fetal position.

SrA Husker
10-03-2007, 01:01 PM

Can do. I will remind you however this entire debate started with you asking about Nebraska's television appearances, in which you got pwn3d.

Whisky Dog
10-03-2007, 01:09 PM
If Texas somehow manages to win this game and then go undefeated the rest of the year (a loooooooooong stretch, I know), will the season still be a failure or will the BCS appearance mean it's a successful season?

Ballcox
10-03-2007, 01:19 PM
I just plan on dropping a bunch of acid this Saturday so that maybe I can have some grand hallucination of Texas winning this game, what else can I do?

None of the question marks I've had about this team have been answered, AT ALL. I will be very surprised to see us stay in this game for more than 2 quarters.

ou-34
UT-10 :depressed

BeerIsGood!
10-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Pretty much all of my question marks regarding this team have been answered, and they weren't the answers I was wanting to hear.

1) O-Line SUCKS
2) No, Greg Davis didn't get any smarter in the offseason or learn how to use McCoy
3) McCoy is having a horrible season in big part because he can't keep from getting hit constantly. Go back to 1) for reason.
4) There are absolutely no adjustments being made. Defenses simply blitz our shitty Oline and hammer the QB, and no attempt is made to add protection via a blocking TE, double TE, extra blocking backs, etc. Just keep the kid in empty back 5 wide sets and watch him get hammered into the ground.
5) The revelation that the special teams suck was a completely unexpected one. When you give up 41 points and your defense is only responsible for about 10 of those, that's some fucked up offense and special teams for ya.

degenerate_gambler
10-03-2007, 01:40 PM
2) No, Greg Davis didn't get any smarter in the offseason or learn how to use McCoy

Look man, at this point it's obvious that GD & Mack aren't going to change this offense despite Colt's limitations as a runner. The handwriting is on the wall for McCoy. And Mack and GD's refusal to tailor the offense to fit the players (Colt) and instead, continue to run a zone read when there is absolutely no threat of McCoy running (except for his life) is proof of that.

Colt's got alot of heart and a decent arm, but he's nothing more right now than a plug-in until the next dual threat qb, either Chiles or Harris, is ready to take over.

BeerIsGood!
10-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Look man, at this point it's obvious that GD & Mack aren't going to change this offense despite Colt's limitations as a runner. The handwriting is on the wall for McCoy. And Mack and GD's refusal to tailor the offense to fit the players (Colt) and instead, continue to run a zone read when there is absolutely no threat of McCoy running (except for his life) is proof of that.

Colt's got alot of heart and a decent arm, but he's nothing more right now than a plug-in until the next dual threat qb, either Chiles or Harris, is ready to take over.

I know, those are the answers to my pre-season questions about this team. That's why I say they might as well start Chiles now and get him experience since they already fucked this season over and obviously aren't intent on changing anything to suit McCoy as a QB. McCoy was just fortunate last year that he had many remnants of VY's great O Line.

NoMoneyDown
10-03-2007, 01:46 PM
5) The revelation that the special teams suck was a completely unexpected one. When you give up 41 points and your defense is only responsible for about 10 of those, that's some fucked up offense and special teams for ya.

:toast

mookie2001
10-03-2007, 02:37 PM
I just plan on dropping a bunch of acid this Saturday so that maybe I can have some grand hallucination of Texas winning this game, what else can I do?

None of the question marks I've had about this team have been answered, AT ALL. I will be very surprised to see us stay in this game for more than 2 quarters.

ou-34
UT-10 :depressednot so fast my friend

j-6
10-03-2007, 03:35 PM

You know what would be badass? Put Chiles and Sherrod on the field at the same time. That way I can't bitch about which QB we line up at wideout and which one gets the snap.

Ballcox
10-03-2007, 03:39 PM
^Come on Mookie, what the hell else am I supposed to do? I'm so fucking pissed at this team, no that's not entirely correct............I'm so pissed at our COACHING staff, particularly our offensive coaching staff at this point.

No adjustments, no extra protection for Colt, giving up on the running game............I could go on and on.

So, yeah, I am going to dose a bunch of acid at my buddy's house in SA for the game this weekend.

By the way, if you see some tall dude with a shaved head and a red goatee talking to his hand down by the riverwalk this weekend......................yep, it's me. :smokin

Cant_Be_Faded
10-03-2007, 06:24 PM
If UT can strike fast and get to Bradford early, we have a fightin chance. Orakpo says "I feel 100%" so that may increase the chances.

McCoy has already beaten OU, Bradford is playing UT for the first time. It may have an impact, it may not, but there's a chance.

RonMexico
10-03-2007, 06:36 PM
I just think the Cotton Bowl is the best stadium in Texas and the surrounding neighborhood is very classy.

mookie2001
10-03-2007, 06:38 PM
shrda

they should move it to cs and play at george bush turnpike and george w bush parkway

RonMexico
10-03-2007, 08:36 PM
shrda

they should move it to cs and play at george bush turnpike and george w bush parkway

Well, no, but that dumb bitch mayor of Dallas should have let Jerry Jones build his new mecca there instead of letting Arlington get all the goods.

scott
10-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Sooners win 76-0, only because UT will can never be as embarassing as Aggie.

OU Signature coming to a CBF post near you.

samikeyp
10-03-2007, 11:10 PM
:lol That's right! No 77 point win here!! :lol

Jaquin Iglasias evidently thinks he plays volleyball, and our season is fucked. You'll probably beat us by 90 next week.

So no 90 point UT win?

;)

Dirk Nowitzki
10-04-2007, 07:17 AM
Pretty much all of my question marks regarding this team have been answered, and they weren't the answers I was wanting to hear.

1) O-Line SUCKS
3) McCoy is having a horrible season in big part because he can't keep from getting hit constantly. Go back to 1) for reason.
4) There are absolutely no adjustments being made. Defenses simply blitz our shitty Oline and hammer the QB, and no attempt is made to add protection via a blocking TE, double TE, extra blocking backs, etc. Just keep the kid in empty back 5 wide sets and watch him get hammered into the ground.

6.) The best player to come out of college from the class of 2006 (Pretty boys Lienart and Reggie Bush are not who I am talking about) in Vince Young is no longer a Horn. :cry

degenerate_gambler
10-04-2007, 08:34 AM
6.) The best player to come out of college from the class of 2006 in Vince Young is no longer a Horn. :cry

You certainly have a keen grasp of the obvious.

mookie2001
10-04-2007, 03:23 PM
24-20 texas wins

colt mccoy goes 40-49 230 yds 5 ints

bradford gets bomared

mookie2001
10-04-2007, 03:25 PM
The best player to come out of college from the class of 2006 in Vince Young is no longer a Horn

vince left after his jr year then colt mccoy was the quarterback last season, and this season

NoMoneyDown
10-04-2007, 03:54 PM
vince left after his jr year then colt mccoy was the quarterback last season, and this season

I'd be interested in seeing McCoy's numbers BEFORE the KSU game LAST year compared to his number since then.

mookie2001
10-04-2007, 03:56 PM
yeah that would sure prove that he blows

Cant_Be_Faded
10-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Orakpo needs to get around that USC-esque offensive line and go inside for some deep fast sack action against that Cherokee QB that OU has...after we bomar him hopefully we rattle him enough whereby he Thompson's himself...

There is a chance.

O-Factor
10-05-2007, 10:11 AM
I just want Greg Davis out of here

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2007, 09:08 AM
It won't erase the embarrasment of getting blown out at home by lowly Kansas St. but a win today will at least make the season not a total loss. Just fucking go balls out and bust your damn asses for a change, please.