PDA

View Full Version : NEBRASKA-MIZZOU...BIG 12 Showdown...must read!!! PLEASE

djohn14
10-02-2007, 07:32 PM
This game is basically gonna tell who the Big 12 North winner is. It has even been placed as the night cap, Saturday on ESPN...Please watch. That is another story though. The number 25 ranked Nebraska Cornhusker are being picked by most to defeat the number 17 ranked Missouri Tigers just because of their "previous seasons". I am about to give you reasons why the Missouri Tigers will not only win this game, and the Big 12 North, but also the Big 12 Championship. Before I get started, Id just like to say, Longhorn fans, you can't talk. You know I love you, I am a huge Longhorn fan, but Kansas State just beat you. Sonner fans, I'm not gonna lie, I still hate you since the Adrian Peterson runnin wild on Mizzo D days, but that dosent mean I will judge you based on my hate of you...you just lost to Colorado. Last but not least, Nebraska, we all know about Sam Keller, Marlon Lucky, and Maurice Purify, but you beat Ball State 41-40, enough said. Now on to why the Missouri Tigers are the team to beat.

QB-Chase Daniel, In my openion, Sam Keller and Colt McCoy dont have anything on him. He has a strong accurate arm and he is actually pretty fast. He is also strong and can break tackles.

RB-Tony Temple, no hes not the best, but on his good days he can get 150+ yards. He does have fumble problems, but true freshman Derrick Washington is starting to gain some playing time and has Adrian Peterson type potential.

WR-Wayne Franklin, Danario Alexander, Tommy Saunders...No, its not the best groop, but Franklin and Alexander are beasts, as youll soon find out. Jared Perry and Jeremy Maclin are also making an impact.

TE-Without question, the best TE duo in the Nation. Both will be 1st day picks...Martin Rucker, yes his brother is a Carolina Panther DE, and Chase Coffman. They have better hands and are faster than most WR.

DL-Not much to say here, but Stryker Sulak will make his plays, as will Tommy Chavis and the rest of the line.

LB-Brock Christopher is a nice player, but the prized jewel here is sophomore Sean Witherspoon. This kid will not let you brake a tackle, and has already stepped up to be a leader after Brian Smith was drafted by the Jaguars.

DB-Darnell Terell is a great cover corner and Maurice Purify will soon find out. Hardy Ricks was the other CB but was demoted for true Freshman Carl Gettis who by the way is a great story so if you have time id check that out. The Safety group is as solid as ever. The hard hitting William Moore and big play Pig Brown have both came up with huge interceptions this year and pig has returned a fumble for a 101 yard touchdown.

Special Teams-Jeff Wolfert and Adam Crosett are solid...not great but solid. Then we have out MVP so far, the previously mentioned Redshirt Freshman Jeremy Maclin. The kid has had 2 or 3 key receiving touchdowns, but has really been a huge assist to our team. He didn't play last year because of knee surgery, came in and won the job from Senior leader Tommy Saunders, and has 2 punt returns for a touchdown already, not to mention a 40 yard return when he was tripped up by the punter at the 20. He also has got Mizzous drives started off at the 40 or better on kickoff returns 6 times that I can remember.

Im not trying to start any wars, Im just giving my honest openion. Please respond and at least tell me what you think about this. Thank you and God Bless.

SrA Husker
10-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Only a Mizzou fan posts something like this before a game. Seriously, it's a good matchup - so sit back, relax, enjoy, and don't post anything you might regret afterwards. Especially when your defense barely gets past D-IAA opponents as it is...

K-State Spur
10-02-2007, 07:57 PM
DL-Not much to say here, but Stryker Sulak will make his plays, as will Tommy Chavis and the rest of the line.

LB-Brock Christopher is a nice player, but the prized jewel here is sophomore Sean Witherspoon. This kid will not let you brake a tackle, and has already stepped up to be a leader after Brian Smith was drafted by the Jaguars.

DB-Darnell Terell is a great cover corner and Maurice Purify will soon find out. Hardy Ricks was the other CB but was demoted for true Freshman Carl Gettis who by the way is a great story so if you have time id check that out. The Safety group is as solid as ever. The hard hitting William Moore and big play Pig Brown have both came up with huge interceptions this year and pig has returned a fumble for a 101 yard touchdown.

WOW!!!!! With all those stars and playmakers, Mizzou must have one of the best defenses in the nation, let alone the conference!

That you spent (wasted...) any time trying to build up the Missouri defense leads me to believe that you don't know as much about your own team as you want us to think you do.

Mizzou's only chance every saturday is to simply outscore their opponent. Now, with Daniel and that offense, it's a pretty good chance. But that's still the way it is...

dallaskd
10-02-2007, 08:07 PM
I disagree i think K-state will win just because all the other teams will beat each other out and kstate has the best special teams and most balanced offense of the north teams. not to mention a great defense. The south is a toss up of texas, OU, tech, and A&m

djohn14
10-02-2007, 08:11 PM
SrA Husker, it is a great matchup, and once again its my openion, and im not afraid to eat my words, and im not afraid to admit that ive done that more times than ive wanted.

K-State Spur, I respect your openion, but I didn't talk that much about the D, because its enough to get by, and not much more, but let me finish. The DT are Ziggy Hood and Lorenzo Williams, and the other LB is Van Alexander.

dallaskd...i laughed at your openion, but it is and openion, and i respect all openions. Also, you can never say never. I had to wait and wait until Missouri got this good team, and one day they just pop up out of the blue, so it can happen.

K-State Spur
10-02-2007, 08:16 PM
I don't think anybody would disagree that the Cats have the best special teams in the conference.

You could make a pretty strong argument that they have the best defense in the North.

Offense will depend on the consistency of Freeman and the O-Line. So far, so good. But we'll see what happens when they are in situations where they have to make some big plays, not just move the chains and avoid mistakes.

I wouldn't put the Cats as the favorites, but any Husker or Tiger fans who don't think that they will factor in are kidding themselves. Pinkel is 1-5 against KSU.

In addition - bush was president the last time they won in Manhattan...the FIRST bush.

djohn14
10-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Hey K-State bud...Im well aware of that, and I am for sure not writing off K-State. No, I don't think they will win, it will probably comedown to Mizzou and Nebraska, but K-State is a very solid team, and like i said you never know, and special teams can win games by itself. Thats why Im so excited about Jeremy Maclin...this kid is special.

K-State Spur
10-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Nobody is telling you not to be excited, this is the best opportunity Mizzou has had in any of their current players' lifetimes.

But with that defense, I'd be worried. In the history of this league, you won't find too many teams that made much noise with a defense that porous. Tech has been a nice little novelty - and will beat you badly if you're off your game - but there's a reason they've yet to even win their own division.

djohn14
10-02-2007, 08:45 PM
I see what your saying...100%. All Im asking from my D is timely play. We have a great Offense, so all im asking for is timely play. We arent the best a applying pressure, we arent the best tackling team, but we are fairly good at producing turnovers. Thats what we are banking on.

Ignignokt
10-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Colorado has the most balanced attack, not the best offense, but balanced. And they have the best defense in the north and possibly the big 12. Stoops said the buffs were a top 5 defence in the country. And that's stoops.

MajorMike
10-03-2007, 08:00 AM
Only a Mizzou fan posts something like this before a game. Seriously, it's a good matchup - so sit back, relax, enjoy, and don't post anything you might regret afterwards. Especially when your defense barely gets past D-IAA opponents as it is...

I'm sure there are some 1AA schools that could beat Ball State and ISU.

SrA Husker
10-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Colorado has the most balanced attack, not the best offense, but balanced. And they have the best defense in the north and possibly the big 12. Stoops said the buffs were a top 5 defence in the country. And that's stoops.

Stoops also had just gotten embarrased by that defense. Of course he would call it top 5.

SrA Husker
10-03-2007, 10:00 AM

Why do you keep putting down Nebraska's performance against Iowa State? Nebraska doubled the points on them. In any conference game, that's respectable.

As far as Ball State, they are 2 points away from being undefeated this season and have also beat Navy, a respectable program. They deserve just as much respect as say, Troy.

Ignignokt
10-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Stoops also had just gotten embarrased by that defense. Of course he would call it top 5.

really, he must have been clairvoyant becuase he made that statement before the game started.

Ignignokt
10-03-2007, 10:09 AM

Stoops for sure would never get embarrassed by any nebraska defense this decade, so consider that.

Beat some quality teams fusker and then come talk.

K-State Spur
10-03-2007, 10:14 AM
It's not a top 5 nationally, that was just a coach talking up his opponent, but it is a very good one.

Based on performance, it would be between Colorado & KSU for the best defense in the division. Nebraska may get up there before the season is over.

Ku has a good secondary, but their front 7 is average. ISU is nothing special. And Mizzou could replace 6 of their defensive starters with tackling dummies and not notice a significant drop-off.

SrA Husker
10-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Stoops for sure would never get embarrassed by any nebraska defense this decade, so consider that.

Beat some quality teams fusker and then come talk.

Nebraska has scoreboard on Colorado. Funny how they are quality until it comes times for other teams to claim wins on them.

Thunder Dan
10-03-2007, 10:53 AM

or Troy

MajorMike
10-03-2007, 12:51 PM
As far as Ball State, they are 2 points away from being undefeated this season and have also beat Navy, a respectable program. They deserve just as much respect as say, Troy.

They lost to MiamiOh, a 2-3 and bottom 100 team, at home. troy's only losses were @ Fla and @ arKy, and will most likely run the table until they play @ UGA in Nov. Not comparable. Nice try, tho.

MajorMike
10-03-2007, 12:51 PM
or Troy

That's a sentence fragment, Polly Prissy Pants.

K-State Spur
10-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Troy was an embarrassing loss for this conference. Trying to justify it or make it look better through 'relative' means is just stupid. There's no way to spin it vs. games that other teams have won - no matter the quality of their opponent.

You're better off just sweeping that one under the rug and pretending not to notice when people bring it up.

Or...

You can do the same thing that you do with the Cardinals and claim that Troy has the #2 offense in the country, the #4 defense in the country, and has a computer ranking of #6. Nobody will ever bother to look those numbers up...

djohn14
10-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Ive read several reports from the Mizzou campus, which is where the game will be played, that this is the most riled up the fans have been in a while. So dont worry about this not being a college atmosphere. Also the players are taking things easy and not only preparing physically, but mentally as well. They are also downplaying the importance of this game. That can work 2 ways. 1 your not too worried, dont let it get to you, and execute on everything, or 2, you don't come in excited and let Nebraska jump out to an early lead. I seriously doubt it is number 2, however anything can happen. I hope they keep it cool, dont get nervous by a rare national sighting, and go out and execute.

MajorMike
10-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Wow. A mildcat calling out OSU for an embarassing loss. Thank you 17-3 to Baylor, 45-21 to Fresno at home when ranked #13, 27-20 at home to Marshall when ranked #6. I guess I should take your word on embarrassing losses, since you seem to know them well.

K-State Spur
10-03-2007, 05:30 PM
You know what? Those were embarrassing losses.

I wasn't out trying to spin them talking crap to teams that actually WON games to make the losses look less bad by comparison.

djohn14
10-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I clearly stated "I'm not trying to start any wars". Oh well, it shows how much of a fan you are. Carry on gentlemen...and GO MIZZOU...HUSK that CORN!!!

Ignignokt
10-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Nebraska has scoreboard on Colorado. Funny how they are quality until it comes times for other teams to claim wins on them.

Oklahoma is quality, and a quality win.

This a new year, everybody started out 0-0, so i don't know about your scoreboard.

One thing for sure is, Nebraska aint beatin any dominant south team anytime sooner.

Clownahan is shits for coaching.

MajorMike
10-03-2007, 10:32 PM
You know what? Those were embarrassing losses.

I wasn't out trying to spin them talking crap to teams that actually WON games to make the losses look less bad by comparison.

Then why don't you stick to your own lame arguements on other threads instead of interjecting worthless tangent drivel.

djohn14
10-06-2007, 10:13 PM
I know its early...but the tackling has been grat...and Mizzou is up by 14 at the half...the should be up by 18 but there was Bull Shit missed TD call...but Im happy non-theless