PDA

View Full Version : (R) TX Legislator Caught Voting Multiple Times....

Nbadan
10-03-2007, 12:14 AM
...in a effort to deny minorities (or demo leaning voters) the 'supposed', although unsubstantiated, opportunity to vote multiple times...

....no kidding....

Behold Republican TX State Rep. Debbie Riddle, who --- despite any substantive evidence to demonstrate that citizens are voting more than once in her state --- is the author of a disenfranchising Photo ID law that would do little more than keep lawfully registered voters (mostly Democratic-leaning voters) from being able to cast their votes.

When it comes to her own vote, however, and those of her colleagues in the state legislature, the rules are apparently quite different.

Watch this video: One Person, One Vote? Not in the Texas Legislature Apparently (http://www.bradblog.com/?p=5119)

boutons_
10-03-2007, 12:20 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Wild Cobra
10-03-2007, 01:20 AM
This is different than what the implied title meant. It is common in legislators all over that one member places another members vote. In this case, the violation is definitely not following the house rules, but they doesn't mean that they are not doing as the absent members ask.

mavs>spurs2
10-03-2007, 02:56 AM
Assholes on IGNORE:

ChumpDumper

boutons_

Reason? Attack sissies who cannot contibute anything useful in my opinion. They attack instead of offering valid discourse.

:lol

xrayzebra
10-03-2007, 09:12 AM
...in a effort to deny minorities (or demo leaning voters) the 'supposed', although unsubstantiated, opportunity to vote multiple times...

....no kidding....

Watch this video: One Person, One Vote? Not in the Texas Legislature Apparently (http://www.bradblog.com/?p=5119)

What the hell is new about this. It has been going on
ever since I can remember.

And you keep saying that illegals don't vote, guess
those 300 here in Bexar county don't count. Except
some of them did.

Nbadan
10-03-2007, 04:46 PM
I think this brings up the important issue of online voting...almost all aspects of our lives are online, for better or worse, banking, finance, personal info.....etc....so why is it I can't legally cast a vote online again? Who stands to win/lose if internet voting was ever approved for state/local/Fed elections?

Wild Cobra
10-03-2007, 04:56 PM
I think this brings up the important issue of online voting...almost all aspects of our lives are online, for better or worse, banking, finance, personal info.....etc....so why is it I can't legally cast a vote online again? Who stands to win/lose if internet voting was ever approved for state/local/Fed elections?
With the lack of voting control we have today, I don't think it would much matter. The internet is not secure, so we sould not move to susch a system.

However.

There is an ongoing effort to correct the problems in illegal voting practices, so why take that step that would have to be recinded?

Nbadan
10-03-2007, 05:06 PM
If the internet is so insecure why is it I can trust it with my money, but not my vote? Wouldn't a electronic receipt be as secure as a paper ballot? Why can't I look up on a website how eligible voters in my household voted, so I can keep track of who is voting from my address and whether their votes correspond with the votes which they cast.....checks and balances........

Wild Cobra
10-03-2007, 05:31 PM
If the internet is so insecure why is it I can trust it with my money, but not my vote? Wouldn't a electronic receipt be as secure as a paper ballot? Why can't I look up on a website how eligible voters in my household voted, so I can keep track of who is voting from my address and whether their votes correspond with the votes which they cast.....checks and balances........
You are one of maybe a billion people on the internet, and likely not important to hackers. Without a secure key at each end of the transaction to be used with encrypted data, anyone with enough knowledge could break into your computer. You hear about it all the time, people hacking into corporate sites, even government sites.

Do you really think that Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc. use safe encryption techniques that cannot be reverse engineered by someone with the right experience? Make it something as important as a vote for someone in office, or laws, and you can trust, the level of internet hacking will greatly increase!

I know a bit about cryptography. Believe me, the secure socket layers used on browsers are not secure. It’s like most birth control. Not 100%. You not only need a method of encrypting a signal that prevents spoofing, but you also need a unique key code that nobody else has. We don't have unique key codes between us and most of our transactions. Maybe some banks and other places offer a special disk for operations that have key codes, but are they unique to you account, or shared key codes with other cosumers?

Something else about a properly encrypted signal. It cannot be compressed because it is so highly randomized in appearance. Any such data needs to be compressed before it is encrypted.

Yonivore
10-04-2007, 04:31 PM
You oppose requiring a valid photo identification to vote but, you have no problem requiring people to have an ISP account or internet access to vote?

Personally, I think people should show up at the polls with a valid photo identification in hand, vote on electronic machines that create a paper receipt of your vote (for you to take with you) and a paper copy -- you have the opportunity to compare to your receipt, before you drop it into a locked box -- to be retained until the losing candidate quits whining.

Yonivore
10-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Well, the people in whom you place your trust online, have all sorts of information about you in order to verify your identity before you transact.

Would you be willing to allow the Secretary of State to demand the same verification processes?

Almost missed that last part...why is it any of your business how other people in your household voted?