PDA

View Full Version : new england and dallas opposition records

inconvertible
10-03-2007, 02:03 AM
new england 4-12

dallas 3-13

big difference :rolleyes , and the cowboys are the only ones to have faced a .500 team(NY Giants).

this stat is ridiculous because it fails to mention the reason these teams are below .500.........because teams like new england and dallas keep kicking their asses.

bresilhac
10-03-2007, 02:26 AM
We'll find out who's better on Oct. 14th. My money's on the Patriots.

tlongII
10-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Seattle opposition record = 8-8

:smokin

monosylab1k
10-03-2007, 09:09 AM
stats like this are bullshit. you beat whoever is on your schedule.

next week is a dangerous game for both teams tho. buffalo is better than their record, and cleveland is somehow looking good.

BacktoBasics
10-03-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm seriously pissed off at Clevelands ability to figure out how to win games.

monosylab1k
10-03-2007, 11:18 AM
if cleveland keeps playing like this, the Darren McFadden Dream might be gone for Dallas.

Thunder Dan
10-03-2007, 11:22 AM
The Pats are running into a freight train this week!!

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Football/NFL/CLE_2ioheczrkmc2ibc42c9r.gif

samikeyp
10-03-2007, 12:21 PM
The Pats are running into a freight train this week!!

Think you can make a call to Jamal Lewis for me? I need a little more from him for my fantasy team!

Thanks! :tu

Good luck to your Tribe.

Thunder Dan
10-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Think you can make a call to Jamal Lewis for me? I need a little more from him for my fantasy team!

Thanks! :tu

Good luck to your Tribe.

haha, I wouldn't start Jamal this coming up week (or any Browns for that matter). But thanks!

samikeyp
10-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Im not this week. The one week I didn't start him? The week he went for 215. :bang

Although he wasn't too bad for me against Baltimore.

Question....do Browns fans still get an extra bit of satisfaction beating the Ravens?

peewee's lovechild
10-03-2007, 12:46 PM
if cleveland keeps playing like this, the Darren McFadden Dream might be gone for Dallas.

That's quite all right.
We've got Julius "Juice" Jones and Marion "The Barbarian" Barber.

We can use our two first-round picks on O-lineman to eventually replace Flozell and another D-lineman to play NT.

Thunder Dan
10-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Im not this week. The one week I didn't start him? The week he went for 215. :bang

Although he wasn't too bad for me against Baltimore.

Question....do Browns fans still get an extra bit of satisfaction beating the Ravens?

Sort of. I mean the Browns have a weird rivalry status in which I mean they have really no rivals because they have been so bad, but they get satisfaction by beating anyone in the division.

The Steelers are our "rival" because historically the two teams and cities dislike eachother; but when the Browns moved from Cleveland the rivalry lost alot of it's merit because the Pittsburgh fans were highly vocal in support of the Browns, and the rivalry shifted to Baltimore.

The Bengals rivalry is the in-state rivalry. This is more of a Bengals rivary with the Browns

The Ravens rivary is more of a hatered of the players on the team and the ownership (obviously), but I would say it has died down over the years.

I'm a big Ohio State fan, so when I think of rivalries I think of Michigan/Ohio State. I think these NFL rivalries are weak because I honestly have seen friends fight eachother over tOSU/Michigan. It's different in the NFL because the players don't care so it spreads to the fans. But I personally don't think there are any good rivalries in the NFL anymore.

samikeyp
10-03-2007, 02:05 PM
But I personally don't think there are any good rivalries in the NFL anymore.

You haven't seen drunk Cowboys fans and Redskins fans go at it. :)

Thunder Dan
10-03-2007, 02:24 PM
You haven't seen drunk Cowboys fans and Redskins fans go at it. :)

Yeah but true rivalries are not just between fans; true rivalries are between fans and between players. In today's NFL a guy can play on the Skins one year then jump ship to the Cowboys the next. I mean Browns and Steelers fans fight, but the players don't care which diminishes the whole rivalry.

In college, once your a Buckeye your a Buckeye for life. Once you choose sides there is no going back. Now thats a rivalry. Heck, most of Michigan's good players came from Ohio and people here probably don't even know that because once they leave and go to Michigan people forget about them. (If your wondering: Desmond Howard, Charles Woodson, Mario Manningham, Jim Harbaugh, Dan Dierdorf are all from ohio to name a few, and most people in Ohio wouldn't even know that)

mardigan
10-03-2007, 02:29 PM
So the 9ers and Boys werent rivals in the 90s because guys like Norton Jr., Deon, and Haley were changing teams?

monosylab1k
10-03-2007, 02:31 PM
So the 9ers and Boys werent rivals in the 90s because guys like Norton Jr., Deon, and Haley were changing teams?
lol they weren't rivals because except for one quarter of one game, the Cowboys owned the hell out of the Niners.

Thunder Dan
10-03-2007, 02:34 PM

There is a huge difference between pro rivalries and college. A college rivalry will always be there, a pro rivalry is only there when teams are good. Do people in LA still give a crap about the Celtics? Not really. Do people in Dallas still see a win over the 49ers as a big victory? not really.

samikeyp
10-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Do people in Dallas still see a win over the 49ers as a big victory? not really.

Depends on the people. Those who were there for the Catch and the NFC title games of the 90's still do.

Obstructed_View
10-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Depends on the people. Those who were there for the Catch and the NFC title games of the 90's still do.
<-----Always happy when the 49ers lose. (with the exception of the Super Bowl where I took them and gave some schmuck six touchdowns)