PDA

View Full Version : V-Span Wusses Out, Again

timvp
10-03-2007, 03:25 AM
Greens' Spanoulis out for two weeks

Vassilis Spanoulis, one of defending champion Panathinaikos's major offseason signings, will miss the team's upcoming series of exhibition games, including two in the United States against the Houston Rockets and San Antonio Spurs, after suffering an injury in training Monday. The 25-year old guard, who returned to the Greens this season after playing for the Rockets last year, hurt his left calf, which will sideline him for the next two weeks. As a result, he will not be available for the upcoming Limassol Tournament in Cyprus, during which Panathinaikos will face AE Lemessos, AEK Athens and Hapoel Jerusalem, nor the trip to face the aforementioned NBA sides.

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/15707/180

T Park
10-03-2007, 03:39 AM
What a puss...

Good riddance.

Slomo
10-03-2007, 04:38 AM
:corn:.

Bruno
10-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Let's hope for Pana that he will be healthy for the start of the Euroleague in 3 weeks.

Borosai
10-03-2007, 07:47 AM
Did they intentionally schedule the Spurs and the Cockets, or is it just a coincidence? That would have been interesting.

Indazone
10-03-2007, 10:33 AM
That sucks, I really wanted to see him play and perform. Now it's basically two exhibition games where all the teams play their scrubs.

nacho estrada
10-03-2007, 11:06 AM
He didnt want to face his past...

TDMVPDPOY
10-03-2007, 11:21 AM
he knows he was going to be exposed by udrih

Mr. Body
10-03-2007, 12:37 PM
A calf injury has to be the easiest of any injury to play through. What is it, a bruise? A contusion, like, a really tough bruise? What a big weenie.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-03-2007, 01:38 PM
He have rupture part of leg not know how say it in English. He not pretend.

edits: see told you not knows what part of leg calls it calls FOOT!

Oh, Gee!!
10-03-2007, 01:40 PM

:lol :lol :lol was my first reaction to your post.

The Franchise
10-03-2007, 01:43 PM
If he did that he'd never play again. :lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-03-2007, 01:51 PM
He have tear in foot he have this in Eurobasket and play with it he hurt it worse in practice and now ca no play. He NOT out 2 weeks he out more like 1 month at least before practice.

Bruno
10-03-2007, 01:54 PM
:rolleyes
I guess Spanoulis is faking this injury that soon because he is scared to play the tournament in Cyprus?

http://www.paobc.gr/en/news.asp?news_id=750

Vassilis Spanoulis begins therapy
2/10/2007

Vassilis Spanoulis underwent an MRI and visited Panathinaikos doctor, Thanassis Konidis, for a medical exam. The diagnosis is Ğleft foot BF ruptureğ which means that the international guard will miss the trip to the US next week and is expected to abstain from any physical activity for two weeks. Spanoulis has already started therapy suggested by Mr. Konidis and will be reexamined at the end of the week. *PAO is already in Lemessos in order to take part in the local tournament hosted by AELemessos, which are the first opponents of the European Champions tomorrow evening (17.00, live on cable).

I guess too it's logical to have a MRI and to follow a treatment for a fake injury...

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-03-2007, 01:58 PM
2/10/2007

Vassilis Spanoulis underwent an MRI and visited Panathinaikos doctor, Thanassis Konidis, for a medical exam. The diagnosis is Ğleft foot BF ruptureğ which means that the international guard will miss the trip to the US next week and is expected to abstain from any physical activity for two weeks. Spanoulis has already started therapy suggested by Mr. Konidis and will be reexamined at the end of the week. *PAO is already in Lemessos in order to take part in the local tournament hosted by AELemessos, which are the first opponents of the European Champions tomorrow evening (17.00, live on cable).

Told you RUPTURE and I forgot it was not even his leg like I say I know what part of leg calls in English but it calls FOOT yet stupid Amerikan report WRONG injury! And he not even do ANYTHING at least two week, he not even do shooting for like 1 month. You Amerikan always act like all Greek poster lie about everything me find it very rude.

BeerIsGood!
10-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Amerikan?? Dude, shut the fuck up.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Amerikan?? Dude, shut the fuck up.

What I say wrong?

BeerIsGood!
10-03-2007, 02:05 PM
What I say wrong?

"You Amerikan always act like..."

Don't generalize. There are millions of Americans who have never said one word regarding Greece, so whatever you're mad about isn't an American thing. Some of the people on this board who talked about VSpan aren't even American. Address them and not an entire country.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-03-2007, 02:24 PM

Don't generalize. There are millions of Americans who have never said one word regarding Greece, so whatever you're mad about isn't an American thing. Some of the people on this board who talked about VSpan aren't even American. Address them and not an entire country.

Sorry it just seem like EVERY time I be say TRUE thing about Spanoulis I be calls liar by almost all people. It make it seem Amerikan all foolish and seem like Amerikan people here because one who say they not Amerikan seem not act this way.

ploto
10-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Sorry it just seem like EVERY time I be say TRUE thing about Spanoulis I be calls liar by almost all people. It make it seem Amerikan all foolish and seem like Amerikan people here because one who say they not Amerikan seem not act this way.
I appreciate your insight. People who read here regularly should have figured out by now that you know what you are talking about when it comes to him. Some posters just like to stir up controversy. They also will go after him because he chose not to play for the Spurs. I just hate that I will not be able to see him play in SA. I only got to see him play a few minutes when I went to the Raptors game in Houston last season.

saporvida
10-03-2007, 03:24 PM
vspan... the mention of this guy is almost as nauseating as all these damns scola threads around here.

fuck them both!

Obstructed_View
10-03-2007, 03:30 PM
I've never said anything to you one way or another. It may seem like everybody's on you, but if you start throwing out the "all you Americans" shit, you'll get a glimpse of what it really feels like.

Summers
10-03-2007, 03:38 PM

Have you not met the Argentines? They're just as foolish as the rest of us.

Indazone
10-03-2007, 09:16 PM
vspan... the mention of this guy is almost as nauseating as all these damns scola threads around here.

fuck them both!

LOl cause we both know that Scola was the FIBA Americas Championships and yes I will say it again. HAHAHAHAHAH

SPURS GAVE HIM TO THE ROCKETS FOR ........NOTHING!!! LOL

Indazone
10-03-2007, 09:19 PM
2/10/2007

Told you RUPTURE and I forgot it was not even his leg like I say I know what part of leg calls in English but it calls FOOT yet stupid Amerikan report WRONG injury! And he not even do ANYTHING at least two week, he not even do shooting for like 1 month. You Amerikan always act like all Greek poster lie about everything me find it very rude.

I think that means like a Plantar Faciatis Rupture. If so the dude can't walk let alone play basketball. That would be the same injury that sidelined Brad Miller for the better part of a year. Hopefully he can recover from this injury fast.

Indazone
10-03-2007, 09:23 PM

Ah take it easy on him. Everyone is dogpiling on him for making a statement about a player he likes? Might just get a little frustrating don'tcha think?

It would be like if your favorite player was Tony Parker and everytime you said something about him you get scrummed at the bottom of a pileup. Not good.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2007, 09:33 PM
LOl cause we both know that Scola was the MVP of Euroleague Championships and yes I will say it again. HAHAHAHAHAH:lmao rocketfan knows absolutely nothing. Of course this is the same one who said he was the long SF the Spurs always needed, roo.

Indazone
10-03-2007, 10:12 PM
LMAO @ Chumpdumper.

Seriously, no I can't take you seriously. But you are funny lol But you are right so I fixed my post. FIBA Americas Championship..but it's still the same point haha.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2007, 10:16 PM
you are right

Cant_Be_Mated
10-03-2007, 10:17 PM
i used to like the rockets but the spurs were winning i saiddddd

Indazone
10-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Still funny :p:

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-04-2007, 09:45 AM
I think that means like a Plantar Faciatis Rupture. If so the dude can't walk let alone play basketball. That would be the same injury that sidelined Brad Miller for the better part of a year. Hopefully he can recover from this injury fast.

He have plays this at Eurobasket and supposed this have been very hard play on and hurt much he keep trying play on it and final it get real hurt at practice. Also it have been said he have had this all last year with Rocket and try play with it but team not let him play because doctor have said it have risk if surgery if he keep plays on it.

ChumpDumper
10-04-2007, 12:26 PM
It's Van Gundy's fault.