PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Problems

Mixability
10-03-2007, 01:19 PM
I just got a new Sony camcorder. It has a 40GB hard drive. I installed the software (Motion Picture Browser) and imported some HD videos from the camcorder. On the camcorder, the videos and pictures are great looking, but when viewed on the PC, the videos looked brown and dull. Skin tones are maroonish. I exported the videos back to the camcorder and they're fine again. What gives?

Sony support said to change the USB plug(done)uninstall and reinstall(done). No change. Is there anything I need to do to the monitor settings to get them to match? Anyone else ever experience something like this?

SequSpur
10-03-2007, 02:05 PM
P3 500, Scanner, Wireless Router, Keyboard and Mouse. Best Offer

leemajors
10-03-2007, 02:10 PM
I just got a new Sony camcorder. It has a 40GB hard drive. I installed the software (Motion Picture Browser) and imported some HD videos from the camcorder. On the camcorder, the videos and pictures are great looking, but when viewed on the PC, the videos looked brown and dull. Skin tones are maroonish. I exported the videos back to the camcorder and they're fine again. What gives?

Sony support said to change the USB plug(done)uninstall and reinstall(done). No change. Is there anything I need to do to the monitor settings to get them to match? Anyone else ever experience something like this?
have you tried outputting it directly to your TV to see what it looks like?

Mixability
10-03-2007, 02:42 PM
have you tried outputting it directly to your TV to see what it looks like?

Looks fine through HDMI, I'm thinking it has something to do with the x.v. Color format Sony uses and maybe my monitor isn't set up right to handle the additional colors.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2007, 03:33 PM
I would check your PC's video settings to make sure they are set to the highest color quality and an HD-level resolution.

TDMVPDPOY
10-04-2007, 02:40 AM
dl codecs man...

ChumpDumper
10-04-2007, 03:25 AM
You'd think they would be included in the software bundle, but maybe.

Mixability
10-04-2007, 01:29 PM
dl codecs man...

I did this last night and that's what fixed it. The movies would play fine after they were saved as mpegs and played in media player, but in the packaged software, the colors would be off. Everything is fixed now. And to think, Sony's fix was to send it in for repair. Repair a day old camcorder? Fucktards.