PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is Money

Lebowski Brickowski
10-03-2007, 03:21 PM
October 3, 2007

Paul Campaign Raises Over $5,000,000 In Third Quarter

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA - The Ron Paul 2008 presidential campaign raised $5,080,000 during the third quarter of 2007. That is an impressive 114 percent increase from the second quarter.

Cash on hand for the Paul campaign is $5,300,000.

"Dr. Paul's message is freedom, peace and prosperity," said Paul campaign chairman Kent Snyder. "As these fundraising numbers show, more Americans each day are embracing Dr. Paul's message."

Ron Paul's 114 percent increase is in stark contrast to the decrease suffered by Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, and John McCain. Romney's fundraising was down 29 percent. Giuliani was down 40 percent. McCain was down 55 percent.

Link (http://blog.ronpaul2008.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/10/press-release-t.html)

Oh, Gee!!
10-03-2007, 03:39 PM
we need a viable 3rd party option

BradLohaus
10-03-2007, 03:45 PM
I was happy to see Drudge link to this today

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/politics_nation/2007/10/exclusive_paul_tops_5_mil_for.html

Whether Paul will be a major factor in the GOP nominating contests remains to be seen, but his money totals - it is likely he will have outraised several second-tier Republicans and Democrats combined - mean he will be in for the long haul. Paul's campaign announced they will begin running television spots earlier this week.

Now his campaign is shooting for $4M by the end of October and $12M by the end of the year. Here's hoping that he maintains and even increases the trend.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

A big positive in Paul's numbers is the number donations he receives that are under $200. I haven't seen anything from this quarter, but this is from the 2nd Q:

http://www.fmnn.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=46403&fb=1

"On July 15th, the Federal Election Commission announced the 2nd-quarter fundraising totals for each presidential candidate. In the Republican field, Ron Paul's $2.4 million placed him: 3rd in total receipts for the quarter, 4th in total receipts to date,3rd in total current assets (ahead of former front-runner John McCain, and just $800,000 behind Mitt Romney) Thus far, 47% of the contributions made to Ron Paul's campaign are donations of under $200 from individuals (John McCain's 17% is the second-highest percentage)". -lewrockwell

101A
10-03-2007, 04:01 PM
I sent him some.

Good for him (and maybe, someday, the rest of us).

Spurminator
10-03-2007, 04:01 PM
we need a viable 3rd party option

I'd like other options for the 1st and 2nd as well.

DarkReign
10-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Excellent news.

ChumpDumper
10-03-2007, 05:41 PM
This guy I like.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-03-2007, 07:02 PM
I like the cut of his jib.

mookie2001
10-03-2007, 07:05 PM
whats a jib?

-promote this man

blizz
10-03-2007, 07:23 PM
fuck ron paul

BradLohaus
10-03-2007, 08:12 PM
fuck ron paul

Why?

Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress.

Congressman Ron Paul is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation’s capital. As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Paul tirelessly works for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. He is known among his congressional colleagues and his constituents for his consistent voting record. Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution.In the words of former Treasury Secretary William Simon, Dr. Paul is the “one exception to the Gang of 535” on Capitol Hill.

Congressman Paul’s consistent voting record prompted one of his congressional colleagues to say, “Ron Paul personifies the Founding Fathers’ ideal of the citizen-statesman. He makes it clear that his principles will never be compromised, and they never are.” Another colleague observed, “There are few people in public life who, through thick and thin, rain or shine, stick to their principles. Ron Paul is one of those few.”

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/about/

Xylus
10-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Ron Paul is a goddamn badass, and I'm not conservative.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Good stuff. :tu

He strikes me as the one candidate who actually still has some semblance of being in touch with the reality most of us Americans live in.

exstatic
10-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Ron Paul!

DarkReign
10-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Serious question...

So how do we go about helping this guy get the Republican nomination?

Or is there no hope for that? Is it better to just wait until his campaign seperates as independant?

Oh, Gee!!
10-04-2007, 10:13 AM
I'd like other options for the 1st and 2nd as well.

So Fred Thompson isn't doin' it for ya?

Lebowski Brickowski
10-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Serious question...

Or is there no hope for that? Is it better to just wait until his campaign seperates as independant?

Register as a Republican this week. States, including Texas, that have "Open" primaries are changing them to closed primaries where you HAVE to vote the party that you are registered with.

Even registered Independents have to vote Independent in a closed party.

So if you want to vote for Ron Paul, fuck your party allegiances and register Republican, even if it's for one time only.

I think the deadline to register is Oct. 12th but not exactly sure.

smeagol
10-04-2007, 10:52 AM
ST posters united under one single cause.

That does not happen often.

Spurminator
10-04-2007, 11:08 AM
So Fred Thompson isn't doin' it for ya?

I'm not a big fan of Mitt McGiuliompson.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Fred Thompson was pretty kick ass in Hunt for Red October. I like Paul more though, he's got the voting record to back up the talk.

mookie2001
10-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Good stuff. :tu

He strikes me as the one candidate who actually still has some semblance of being in touch with the reality most of us Americans live in.easy now ahf

you know hes AGAINST tollroads right?

boutons_
10-04-2007, 03:39 PM
"Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year"

Anybody have a list? Introducing/sponsoring is easy, enacting is a little more difficult. How effective is he in Congress, "sticking to his principles"?

Lebowski Brickowski
10-04-2007, 03:45 PM
"Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year"

Anybody have a list? Introducing/sponsoring is easy, enacting is a little more difficult. How effective is he in Congress, "sticking to his principles"?

About as effective as any principled man in Congress would be. His district keeps re-electing him over and over and over and........

mookie2001
10-04-2007, 03:50 PM
His district

fun fact, his district, district 14 includes Victoria, Inez, Nursery, and Telferner Texas

Wild Cobra
10-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Serious question...

Convince him to continue the war as needed, then he can gain some serious votes, including mine!

ChumpDumper
10-04-2007, 04:13 PM
as neededWhat does that mean?

mookie2001
10-04-2007, 04:14 PM
/without end

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-04-2007, 06:47 PM
easy now ahf

you know hes AGAINST tollroads right?

Just to be clear, who was this one directed at?

I think the TTC is a horrible idea and if I could pull it off without getting arrested I'd drive down I35 to Austin and punch Perry in the junk until he called off the deal.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-04-2007, 06:47 PM

It's a pretty hard thing to track down, you actually have to go to his website :rolleyes

Cant_Be_Faded
10-04-2007, 08:36 PM
mookie you are tall fluff and talk until you actually register republican and vote in these primaries

it'll only take FIVE SECONDS
just do it brahh
CBF is now a registered republican :smokin x 12

Holt's Cat
10-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Join me and give Dr. Paul a C Note today.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Oops...I didn't have to register republican to vote in the primary.

smeagol
10-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Oops...I didn't have to register republican to vote in the primary.

:loser :lmao

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Never mind misread something.

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 04:40 PM
rofl rofl rofl

there's rumors being talked about on several of the internets that texas may close its republican primary

better safe than sorry corso...i mean cant be faded

Close it's primary? How do you do that?

Cant_Be_Faded
10-05-2007, 11:40 PM
bloaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddded

Jamtas#2
10-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Convince him to continue the war as needed, then he can gain some serious votes, including mine!

So the war is the one issue that gets your vote? Not the best candidate overall?

xrayzebra
10-08-2007, 02:27 PM
So the war is the one issue that gets your vote? Not the best candidate overall?

Who is the best candidate? Don't you think it is a little
early to be worried about it. Since elections are over
a year away. I haven't seen or heard anything on the
dimm-o-crap side that interest me. Same old junk they
spew all the time. The Republicans, Thompson and
Guilliani sound pretty good, but neither have overly impressed me. Romney, sounds like a dimm-o-crap
running on the republican ticket. Much like our most
wonderful Governor Perry.

ChumpDumper
10-08-2007, 02:32 PM
So the war is the one issue that gets your vote? Not the best candidate overall?The stance on the war issue could make a candidate the best overall in many voters' eye.

Lebowski Brickowski
10-08-2007, 02:49 PM
The stance on the war issue could make a candidate the best overall in many voters' eye.

The military, for one instance. :lol

Wild Cobra
10-08-2007, 06:22 PM
The best candidate must not retreat. He has said he would pull the troops out. Surrender is not an option.

ChumpDumper
10-08-2007, 07:07 PM
The only guy who had a realistic idea about what it would take to stay in Iraq was John McCain, and it has already cost him the nomination.

We're going to start pulling out troops in the spring no matter what. It's all downhill from there.

boutons_
10-08-2007, 08:49 PM
"all downhill from there."

dubya simply can't solve HIS Iraq problem militarily, and the Iraqis are going to slaughter themselves in a civil war, sooner or later. As the red-necks say, the US doesn't have a dog in that fight.

Holt's Cat
10-09-2007, 06:11 PM

:wtf

How is nonintervention abroad any different than at home?