PDA

View Full Version : U Verse with AT&T

angel_luv
10-03-2007, 05:36 PM
https://uverse1.att.com/launchAMSS.do

Does anyone use this for their Internet and Cable?
If so how do you like it?

exstatic
10-03-2007, 06:27 PM
AT&T sucks. You probably don't torrent, Angel, but AT&T has said that they will attempt to help the RIAA prop up a dead business model and turn in file sharers. This on top of collaborating with the Bush administration to do an end run on the Constitution by providing warrantless wiretapping info to the gov.

mookie2001
10-03-2007, 06:34 PM
hey if youre not doing anything wrong youve got nothing to worry about

/

angel_luv
10-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the input.

My land lady signed us up for service with At&t for Internet and television.

I just wanted to check for her that none of you have had issues with any of it.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-03-2007, 08:20 PM
https://uverse1.att.com/launchAMSS.do

Does anyone use this for their Internet and Cable?
If so how do you like it?i got it about a week ago and it's cool. there is feature you don't have that you may have had with time warner. that is if you switched from them. I did. anyway, you don't have a reminder function for shows. you actually have to use your brain and remember it's coming on. you can record 4 shows at once, but you can't record 2 hd programs. that sucks, but you can set the dvr from a computer if you're away from home. i'm kinda feeling it out, but so far it's cool. i torrent and haven't had a problem. just use peer guardian.

angel_luv
10-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks.

Did you get the promotional special?

My landlady was trying to tell me about it and I hope she understood it correctly.
She is elderly and you know how salesman can be when they are trying to push a sale.
I just want to make sure she doesn't get scammed.

leemajors
10-03-2007, 08:34 PM
i got it about a week ago and it's cool. there is feature you don't have that you may have had with time warner. that is if you switched from them. I did. anyway, you don't have a reminder function for shows. you actually have to use your brain and remember it's coming on. you can record 4 shows at once, but you can't record 2 hd programs. that sucks, but you can set the dvr from a computer if you're away from home. i'm kinda feeling it out, but so far it's cool. i torrent and haven't had a problem. just use peer guardian.
how would peer guardian prevent your ISP from tracking you?

Although IP addresses of government and business entities are easily added to a list of IP addresses to be blocked, there is no means for PeerGuardian to block access by a government or business using an undocumented IP address to identify people engaged in software piracy or other criminal misconduct.