PDA

View Full Version : Who's your second favorite NFL team ?

fatsack
10-04-2007, 11:14 AM
I would have to say mine is the Texans, although I do root for Vince Young ... but that's more rooting for a player vs. a team.

samikeyp
10-04-2007, 11:17 AM
Texans

sa_butta
10-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Texans.

midgetonadonkey
10-04-2007, 11:29 AM
I do not have a second favorite team. There is only one team I root for. The rest can burn in hell.

florige
10-04-2007, 12:25 PM
The NY football Giants... The first is Ravens of course.

MoSpur
10-04-2007, 12:41 PM
#1. Dallas Cowboys
#2. Tie between the Texans and NY Jets.

nsrammstein
10-04-2007, 12:48 PM
I don't have a 2nd favorite NFL team, that's just being a fucking traitor to your number one favorite team. You pussies need to quit having 2nd favorite teams

stretch
10-04-2007, 12:50 PM
#1 Raiders
#2 Cowboys

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Blasphemy.

Bigzax
10-04-2007, 01:19 PM
The Cowboys!!! We're going 16-0 Baby!

5-0 is GAURANTEED!

AND ONCE 6-0 IS HERE? THEY ARE GOING TO JUST GIVE US THE LOMBARDI AS THE PATS WALK OFF THE FIELD...DEJECTED...BEATEN...

peewee's lovechild
10-04-2007, 01:24 PM
The Cowboys are the only team I root for.

There shouldn't be such a thing as a second favorite team.

Cry Havoc
10-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Cowboys.

lebomb
10-04-2007, 01:30 PM
#1 Raiders
#2 Cowboys

Cowboys
Raiders

Boston George
10-04-2007, 01:32 PM
carolina panthers

Barbarian
10-04-2007, 01:46 PM
although I do root for Vince Young ... but that's more rooting for a player vs. a team.

After the Cowboys I root for the Titans but for the same reason as mentioned above. They also have Michael Griffin which im a pretty big fan of as well.

The Cowboys!!! We're going 16-0 Baby!

5-0 is GAURANTEED!

AND ONCE 6-0 IS HERE? THEY ARE GOING TO JUST GIVE US THE LOMBARDI AS THE PATS WALK OFF THE FIELD...DEJECTED...BEATEN...

I dont know about 16-0 but I do feel pretty confident against the Patriots.

mardigan
10-04-2007, 01:51 PM
It used to be any team that Ricky Williams played for. Until he comes back, I have no second team

dougp
10-04-2007, 01:56 PM
#1 - Cowboys
#2 - Patriots

This year is going to be one hell of a fight between each side of me ...

leemajors
10-04-2007, 01:57 PM
titans, i followed them even when they left houston. i always liked mcnair and fisher. boys have always been my fave, but i liked to follow the oilers/texans as well since they were always on locally.

florige
10-04-2007, 02:06 PM
I don't have a 2nd favorite NFL team, that's just being a fucking traitor to your number one favorite team. You pussies need to quit having 2nd favorite teams

Im always going to root for the home teams. No matter how bad they get. (Orioles, and from the way it is looking the Ravens too) But in the case with football, the Giants are the team that got me starting watching football, and really sports in general. So I'm always going to follow them. But when the Ravens and Giants met in the Super Bowl, I was all Ravens because they were the home team. If Baltimore ever got a pro B-Ball team I would start rooting for them. But I would always keep track of the Spurs. If the two ever met it would just be a win-win situation for me.

florige
10-04-2007, 02:08 PM
After the Cowboys I root for the Titans but for the same reason as mentioned above. They also have Michael Griffin which im a pretty big fan of as well.

I dont know about 16-0 but I do feel pretty confident against the Patriots.

Man you guys are just hot right now. There is no way you guys beat the Pats or Colts. The NFC is still waaay below the AFC like it or not.

Sunshine
10-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Football blows.

Barbarian
10-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Man you guys are just hot right now. There is no way you guys beat the Pats or Colts. The NFC is still waaay below the AFC like it or not.

If I remember correctly the Cowboys beat the then undefeated Colts last year. Dallas supposedly had no chance on earth to beat the Colts.

Im not saying the Cowboys will just beat the crap out of them with ease. It will be a tough game for BOTH teams. The Cowboys have to make this a statement game and have home field adv. As opposed to the Patriots who really have nothing to prove.

mardigan
10-04-2007, 02:46 PM
4 and 0 without their second best offensive weapon and without 2 out of their best 3 defenders not playing. I dont think hot sums it up. I think this team is just damn good, but we'll see once they play a good team. Sorry your Ravens are falling apart btw

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Football blows.

May God have mercy on your soul.

Fred
10-04-2007, 03:09 PM
What kind of dumb-ass question is this??? I mean, it's like me asking... who is your fourth favorite presidential candidate?

florige
10-04-2007, 03:19 PM
4 and 0 without their second best offensive weapon and without 2 out of their best 3 defenders not playing. I dont think hot sums it up. I think this team is just damn good, but we'll see once they play a good team. Sorry your Ravens are falling apart btw

Remember what happened last year with the Saints. Team flying high until Baltimore came into town and destroyed them. I'll give you that we suck this year. We have no QB, our defense is getting old, and on top of everything else, our coach is an idiot. I'm sorry Cowboys fans, but any team coached by Wade Phillips doesn;t scare me at all. If you guys beat NE next week I would be really surprised. +

Fillmoe
10-04-2007, 03:30 PM
second favorite team? LOL!!!!!!!!! fuck all that noise... NINERS ALL DAY!

BigBeezie
10-04-2007, 04:15 PM
The Cowboys. The Titans are my favorite team for the last 25 years.

degenerate_gambler
10-04-2007, 04:38 PM
No team but Dallas.

But I am a Favre fan so seeing the Packers win is alright with me.

Flight3107
10-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Anyone who has a "2nd favorite team" is not a true fan.

CuckingFunt
10-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Football blows.:tu

monosylab1k
10-04-2007, 04:50 PM
LMAO @ all these Cowboys fans setting rules for being a "true fan". Go to Texas Stadium on any given Sunday and that place is at least 40% fans of the OTHER TEAM. When the Steelers come in town it's a clean 50/50 mix. Those are true fans right there, way to support those Cowboys!

monosylab1k
10-04-2007, 04:54 PM
with that said, the Cowboys are my "misstress" team.

METALMiKE
10-04-2007, 05:03 PM
1.Cowboys
2.TEXANS

Holt's Cat
10-04-2007, 06:16 PM
1a Cowboys
1b Texans
2 Jets

blizz
10-04-2007, 07:06 PM
second favorite team....cowboys..........

first favorite team........cowboys

third.........cowboys

fourth......cowboys

get it?

midgetonadonkey
10-04-2007, 07:10 PM
second favorite team....cowboys..........

first favorite team........cowboys

third.........cowboys

fourth......cowboys

get it?

What's your fifth, sixth and seventh favorite team?

MrChug
10-04-2007, 08:36 PM
#1. Cowboys
#2. Colts
#3. Pats
#4. Chargzz
#5. Packers

...or at least those are my favorite teams to watch.

midgetonadonkey
10-04-2007, 08:42 PM
#1. Cowboys
#2. Colts
#3. Pats
#4. Chargzz
#5. Packers

...or at least those are my favorite teams to watch.

Bandwagoner.

Jack Handey
10-04-2007, 08:46 PM
my second favorite team has to be the saints or the 49ers

T-Pain
10-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Titans

blizz
10-04-2007, 09:06 PM
What's your fifth, sixth and seventh favorite team?
take a wild one

Gerryatrics
10-04-2007, 09:47 PM
New Orleans Saints.

If Kurt Warner is QB, the Arizona Cardinals are up there.

BeerIsGood!
10-04-2007, 11:09 PM
LMAO @ all these Cowboys fans setting rules for being a "true fan". Go to Texas Stadium on any given Sunday and that place is at least 40% fans of the OTHER TEAM. When the Steelers come in town it's a clean 50/50 mix. Those are true fans right there, way to support those Cowboys!

:wtf It's not anywhere near 40%. There are fans for the other team, but that happens in every metropolitan area that is a prime relocation spot for people from other states. DFW has a ton of people that aren't from Texas.

peewee's lovechild
10-05-2007, 08:28 AM

You're talking out of your ass.
Which isn't that unusual.

Xolotl
10-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Niners are the one and only for me...hopefully for Xmas they'll get an O-Line :(

2nd favorite team is whoever is playing the Cowboys

monosylab1k
10-05-2007, 09:01 AM
You're talking out of your ass.
Which isn't that unusual.
It must be tough traveling between Dallas, South Bend, and the Bronx to catch the games of all those teams you love so much.

At least you're posting your unintelligent bullshit in the club.

monosylab1k
10-05-2007, 09:08 AM
:wtf It's not anywhere near 40%. There are fans for the other team, but that happens in every metropolitan area that is a prime relocation spot for people from other states. DFW has a ton of people that aren't from Texas.
how many games do you go to a year? I go to at least 2 a year and have always seen Texas stadium filled with a crazy amount of fans of ther other team. I stand by my 40% figure, and I went to the last Steelers game in Irving, and it was definitely half-full of Steelers fans.

Maybe when shit teams like Arizona or Houston come in, it looks like it's all Cowboys fans, but -surprise!- when a good team rolls into Texas Stadium that bitch fills up with the other team's color shockingly fast. The games when the Cowboys need fan support the most are the games when the Manning jersey gets pulled out instead.

And maybe this season it's more Cowboys fans, but that's only because the team is actually good, so all these "Cowboys fans" have put away their Manning jersey and decided to wear their Romo jersey instead, at least until they lose to the Patriots, then they'll find the nearest Randy Moss jersey and go on with their lives.

DFW may have alot of relocated peoples, but I don't think that has as much to do with the amount of opposing fans in Texas Stadium. It has alot more to do with so-called Cowboys fans who would rather go shopping for the new addition to their outdoor patio to their 2 story house in West Plano on Sundays instead of going to games, waiting until this team is 9-1 and THEN they start rooting for them.

peewee's lovechild
10-05-2007, 09:09 AM
It must be tough traveling between Dallas, South Bend, and the Bronx to catch the games of all those teams you love so much.

At least you're posting your unintelligent bullshit in the club.

Yea, all that makes perfect sense.

And, it's a beautiful rebuttal from my calling you out on that bullshit you posted.

Those are my favorite teams. You got that right. And, I don't have any second favorite teams to any of those.

You, on the other hand, expect for everyone on a given stadium to be rooting for the home team. What you're pea brain fails to realize is that many people travel to see their teams play away. And, god forbid, not everyone roots for their city's team.

Just ask Lebron James.

But, once again, this might be overload for that pea brain of yours.

monosylab1k
10-05-2007, 09:14 AM
Those are my favorite teams. You got that right. And, I don't have any second favorite teams to any of those.

you want a ribbon for that? nobody gives a fuck.

i was just stating a fact, wasn't I?

you just happen to be a fan of the most popular pro football team of the past 30 years, the most successful baseball franchise of all time, the current NBA dynasty, and a college team so popular that they get more media coverage than every other team combined whether they go 12-0 or 0-12 or anywhere in between.

just stating a fact is all.

like I said, it must be tough traveling all over Texas to Indiana to New York to root for your teams.

monosylab1k
10-05-2007, 09:16 AM
You, on the other hand, expect for everyone on a given stadium to be rooting for the home team. What you're pea brain fails to realize is that many people travel to see their teams play away. And, god forbid, not everyone roots for their city's team.
you would know, with all the traveling you do, right?

Sure every stadium has some opposing fans....not every stadium is 40% full of opposing fans.

I doubt you've been to enough stadiums to know what you're talking about, so I'll just leave you in your ignorance.

johnsmith
10-05-2007, 09:20 AM

Sure every stadium has some opposing fans....not every stadium is 40% full of opposing fans.

I doubt you've been to enough stadiums to know what you're talking about, so I'll just leave you in your ignorance.

The one Cowboys game I've seen in person was a few years ago against Philly on a Monday Night when TO was still on the Eagles.

Easy 40% of Eagles fans.

Including me on that particular evening.

peewee's lovechild
10-05-2007, 09:23 AM
you want a ribbon for that? nobody gives a fuck.

i was just stating a fact, wasn't I?

you just happen to be a fan of the most popular pro football team of the past 30 years, the most successful baseball franchise of all time, the current NBA dynasty, and a college team so popular that they get more media coverage than every other team combined whether they go 12-0 or 0-12 or anywhere in between.

just stating a fact is all.

like I said, it must be tough traveling all over Texas to Indiana to New York to root for your teams.

So, everyone rooting for a team has to travel to see them??

So, you're going to ask someone living in Alaska to travel all the way to Dallas to be considered a true Maverick fan??

How stupid is that??

I can root for whoever I want. I don't have to travel to see them to be a true fan. I can root for them from the comfort of my own home, at a bar, or where ever the fuck I want.

I don't have to travel to see them.

That's some stupid shit.

Then again, it comes from you.

By the way, Notre Dame sucks ass this season and I'm still rooting for them.

monosylab1k
10-05-2007, 09:26 AM
So, everyone rooting for a team has to travel to see them??

So, you're going to ask someone living in Alaska to travel all the way to Dallas to be considered a true Maverick fan??

How stupid is that??

I can root for whoever I want. I don't have to travel to see them to be a true fan. I can root for them from the comfort of my own home, at a bar, or where ever the fuck I want.

I don't have to travel to see them.

That's some stupid shit.

Then again, it comes from you.

By the way, Notre Dame sucks ass this season and I'm still rooting for them.
i never said you had to. Christ, where is a jump to conclusions mat when you need it?

i just said that for such a devoted fan as yourself, who just happens to root for the most popular and most successful franchises of each sport, i just assumed you would want to catch the experience in person. That was all.

peewee's lovechild
10-05-2007, 09:27 AM

And, I'm sure you were at the turnstile counting tickets and counting fans wearing opposing jerseys so that you could come up with that precise percentage.

That must have been some hard work you pulled there.

Did they pay you, or did you volunteer?

If they didn't pay you, did you at least get a free lunch or something out of it? Because that seems like a lot of work to do to not get paid.

I'm pretty sure the NFL sent you some kind of certificate thanking you for your precise numbers so they can put them together with the rest of their stats.

I can see this information being used in the NFL Pregame shows because it's so accurate and useful.

monosylab1k
10-05-2007, 09:28 AM
And, I'm sure you were at the turnstile counting tickets and counting fans wearing opposing jerseys so that you could come up with that precise percentage.

That must have been some hard work you pulled there.

Did they pay you, or did you volunteer?

If they didn't pay you, did you at least get a free lunch or something out of it? Because that seems like a lot of work to do to not get paid.

I'm pretty sure the NFL sent you some kind of certificate thanking you for your precise numbers so they can put them together with the rest of their stats.

I can see this information being used in the NFL Pregame shows because it's so accurate and useful.

I work for the NFL. I track these things.

peewee's lovechild
10-05-2007, 09:30 AM
i never said you had to. Christ, where is a jump to conclusions mat when you need it?

i just said that for such a devoted fan as yourself, who just happens to root for the most popular and most successful franchises of each sport, i just assumed you would want to catch the experience in person. That was all.

I've been to several Cowboy's games. And, I'll be to several more. I've also been to several Spurs games, where there have been several misguided souls wearing Dirk Nowitski and Kobe Bryant jersey. I've even been to the Bronx a couple of times to see my Yanks. Unfortunately, I've never been to South Bend.

But, what the fuck does all this prove?? What are you trying to say?? Because, you're just spouting all sorts of shit.

Have their been other people wearing opposing jerseys in those games?? Fuck yea. Does that mean that their fans aren't "real" fans? Fuck no.

So, what's your point??

peewee's lovechild
10-05-2007, 09:31 AM
I work for the NFL. I track these things.
Good job, then.

We're all impressed.

monosylab1k
10-05-2007, 09:32 AM
But, what the fuck does all this prove?? What are you trying to say?? Because, you're just spouting all sorts of shit.
:lmao you're sitting here making post after post of bullshit and all this time you COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT :lmao

wait, wait i know, this is "sarcasm" right? your trademark satire?

peewee's lovechild
10-05-2007, 09:41 AM
:lmao you're sitting here making post after post of bullshit and all this time you COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT :lmao

wait, wait i know, this is "sarcasm" right? your trademark satire?

No, it's that you have no point at all.

You're assuming that those who wear opposing jerseys are fairweather fans. Or, that the actual fans don't turn out to the games enough. What you fail to realize is that money plays a huge factor.

I wish I could make it out to every Spurs, my city's team, but I just can't afford it. So, that opens the door for non-Spurs fans to buy the tickets. And, if there's a team like the Mavs, Lakers, Suns, etc., to play against them . . . well the price of admission will double or triple, putting those tickets out of my reach and allowing other fans with more money to buy them.

That you think 40% of a stadium is filled with fairweather fans is just stupid. To not realize that 40% of people attending any given game at any given stadium are not obligated to root for the home team is just as stupid.

monosylab1k
10-05-2007, 09:43 AM
You're assuming that those who wear opposing jerseys are fairweather fans. Or, that the actual fans don't turn out to the games enough. What you fail to realize is that money plays a huge factor.
Oh okay I get your point. Money is a factor for Cowboys fans in Dallas....it isn't a factor for Steelers, Colts, or Packers fans in Dallas. Those guys make more money than Cowboys fans, that's why they go to the games and Cowboys fans don't. Great point.

Unfortunately you never got mine from the beginning.

Unless you live in DFW just shut the fuck up cuz you have no goddamn clue what you're talking about. This discussion's over. Bye.

peewee's lovechild
10-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Oh okay I get your point. Money is a factor for Cowboys fans in Dallas....it isn't a factor for Steelers, Colts, or Packers fans in Dallas. Those guys make more money than Cowboys fans, that's why they go to the games and Cowboys fans don't. Great point.

Unfortunately you never got mine from the beginning.

Unless you live in DFW just shut the fuck up cuz you have no goddamn clue what you're talking about. This discussion's over. Bye.

Spoken just like a little bitch.

You know, my ex-girlfriend used to end her arguments that way too.

"This discussion is over!"

I'm sorry you're vagina got all swollen during this discussion, but you still have no point.

That's nice right there, deep and philosophical.

monosylab1k
10-05-2007, 09:54 AM
You know, my ex-girlfriend used to end her arguments that way too.
14 year old girls on the internet and bicurious she-males on ST don't count as girlfriends.

sorry you're too obtuse to get my point. thanks.

peewee's lovechild
10-05-2007, 09:58 AM
14 year old girls on the internet and bicurious she-males on ST don't count as girlfriends.

sorry you're too obtuse to get my point. thanks.

Great point there, just as valid as your previous one.

But, even if that were true, that would make you sound just like them.

"This discussion's over!"

What a pussy.

monosylab1k
10-05-2007, 10:03 AM
:lmao like you could call anyone a pussy.

"i'm drunk and wanna kill myself! I'll tell everyone on ST!"

where's fillmoe with that pic of the PM that funt sent to him?

peewee's lovechild
10-05-2007, 10:14 AM
:lmao like you could call anyone a pussy.

"i'm drunk and wanna kill myself! I'll tell everyone on ST!"

where's fillmoe with that pic of the PM that funt sent to him?

Nice.

Beautiful retort.

I like how it explained this:

Now it makes all the sense in the world.

You can go back to sucking on Fillmoe's cock now.

monosylab1k
10-05-2007, 10:16 AM
:lmao