PDA

View Full Version : Tough Day for Mitt.......

Ocotillo
10-04-2007, 04:43 PM
With friends like this............. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elx3UWmyAY4&eurl=)

who needs Democrats. Kind flies in the face of the message the Mittster has been selling lately. :lol

George Gervin's Afro
10-04-2007, 04:45 PM
With friends like this............. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elx3UWmyAY4&eurl=)

who needs Democrats. Kind flies in the face of the message the Mittster has been selling lately. :lol
doh!!!

Ocotillo
10-04-2007, 04:55 PM
http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/3/2008conventionlogo_275.jpg

Here is the new Republican convention logo for '08. Can't say that I came up with this but isn't that elephant taking a wide stance in Minneapolis? :downspin:

Ocotillo
10-04-2007, 04:57 PM
doh!!!

I especially love the part where Mitt says I don't want to go back to Reagan/Bush. That has to be like more radioactive to Republicans than being Mark Foley.

Wild Cobra
10-04-2007, 05:27 PM
And your point?

Look, this is not the same as a flip-flop. When you look at those one-liners in full context, they are different. On top of that, he is talking about legislators and governors responsibilities at state levels. If he was part of the federal system, and saying these things, it would be different.

Focus on the flip-flops of those who are in the US senate and house trying to run for president.

This so-called set of flip-flops was pointed out before, and the libs already lost on those points.

Problem is, people have short memories. This will be an effective commercial against Romney. He has addressed these issues before, and won the points. He shouldn’t have to again, but he will have to because most voters are so damn ignorant to the facts.

Ocotillo
10-04-2007, 05:33 PM
http://www.impawards.com/1989/posters/say_anything.jpg

Wild Cobra
10-04-2007, 05:37 PM
If I recall right, those issues are covered on this interview which is already some time in the past.

You Tube link:

Gov. Romney Interview With Jan Mickelson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G9hydflwEQ)

PixelPusher
10-04-2007, 08:44 PM
http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/3/2008conventionlogo_275.jpg

Here is the new Republican convention logo for '08. Can't say that I came up with this but isn't that elephant taking a wide stance in Minneapolis? :downspin:
An elephant reared on it's hind legs in fright. Very appropo for the GOP.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-04-2007, 08:49 PM
I will cut my dick off if this guy becomes president.

jochhejaam
10-05-2007, 07:06 AM
He certainly wasn't blindsided by this, and in light of the fact that the ad is pure deception, issues that he has addressed many times, I doubt that Romney considered it a tough day.

Given the fact that the ad is untruthful I'd be interested in Guliani's take on it.

FACT: In Massachusetts, Governor Romney Repeatedly Sided With Life:
Governor Mitt Romney Is Pro-Life And Believes “Abortion Is The Wrong Choice.” (Governor Mitt Romney, Op-Ed, “Why I Vetoed The Contraception Bill,” The Boston Globe, 7/26/05)

Governor Romney Vetoed Legislation That Would Have Provided For The “Morning After Pill” Without A Prescription. (Governor Mitt Romney, Op-Ed, “Why I Vetoed The Contraception Bill,” The Boston Globe, 7/26/05)

FACT: In Massachusetts, Governor Romney Repeatedly Sided With Gun Owners And Sportsmen Over Burdensome Bureaucratic Regulation:
In July 2006, Governor Romney Signed Legislation Reversing Burdensome Regulations For The Makers Of Customized Target Pistols. (Office Of Governor Mitt Romney, “Governor Romney Approves Exemption For Target Pistols,” Press Release, 7/26/06)

In July 2004, Governor Romney Signed Legislation Supported By Gun Owners That Reformed The State’s Onerous Gun Laws. “The bill enjoyed the support of Massachusetts gun owners because it also encompassed several measures they favored including a lengthening of the terms of firearm identification cards and licenses to carry.” (Scott Helman, “Romney Retreats On Gun Control,” The Boston Globe, 1/14/07)

FACT: Governor Romney Believes Our Party Must Return To The Principles Of Ronald Reagan:
Governor Romney: “Now, I wasn’t always a Ronald Reagan conservative. Neither was Ronald Reagan, by the way. And perhaps some in this room have had the opportunity to listen, learn, and benefit from life’s experience and to grow in wisdom, as I have. My life experience convinced me that Ronald Reagan was right. I’m a conservative that gets the job done. And you don’t just have to take my word for it, you can just look at my record.” (Governor Mitt Romney, Remarks At Awakenings 2007, Sea Island, GA, 1/607)
Update: More From Kevin Madden:
“As Governor Romney has repeatedly made clear, like many other Republicans including Ronald Reagan, he wasn’t always pro-life. Governor Romney has said he was wrong and hopes he never stops learning from his mistakes or trying to do what’s right.
“This personal, negative attack was launched and paid for by a group recognized as having Mayor Giuliani as their ‘favorite’ candidate. Governor Romney supports a federal marriage amendment and so it makes sense that a national gay rights group would attack him. The advertisement misrepresents Governor Romney’s courage to admit that he had been wrong on this issue and the fact that he is proud of his strong record of defending the sanctity of life.”http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/04/log-cabin-republicans-release-anti-romney-ad/
Just another day on the campaign trail.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Fact: Mitt will say and spend whatever he thinks he has to in order to win a primary.

Fact: If it comes down to it, Mitt's opponents will play the Mormon card and Mitt will lose.

hater
10-05-2007, 10:36 AM
that elephant looks like about to buttfuck someone with that 2008 dick

Ocotillo
10-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Fact: Mitt will say and spend whatever he thinks he has to in order to win a primary.

Fact: If it comes down to it, Mitt's opponents will play the Mormon card and Mitt will lose.

Indeed. His troubles because of his faith are not with liberals, independents or conservative Democrats, it with the Evanglicals that comprise a significant proportion of the Republican base. That is why he won't get the nomination.

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 03:12 PM
I guess the dimms on this forum already have their candidate,
Billary, so now they are going to analyze the publicans with
the astute political observations.......yeah, baby!

Stick with your subject, you may have better luck than you have
in the past.

Ocotillo
10-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Who do you think gets the nod on the GOP side Ray?

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Who do you think gets the nod on the GOP side Ray?

Honestly, it is way, way too early to even consider who. I
only know that I will vote for the Republican nominee. In
my opinion, anyone who would vote for any dimm-o-crap
running has got to have a really, really, big problem.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Honestly, it is way, way too early to even consider who. I
only know that I will vote for the Republican nominee. In
my opinion, anyone who would vote for any dimm-o-crap
running has got to have a really, really, big problem.So if Ron Paul was the nominee and wanted to pull out of Iraq as soon as he got into office -- you'd vote for him.

Good to know you are so principled.

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 03:24 PM
So if Ron Paul was the nominee and wanted to pull out of Iraq as soon as he got into office -- you'd vote for him.

Good to know you are so principled.

I really don't think I have to worry about that. But saying
that, yes, I would vote for him. But he wouldn't pull the
troops out of Iraq. None of them will do that, bet your
last buck on that. But again, you bring up junk.
It is so damn typical of you.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2007, 03:27 PM
The war in Iraq was sold to us with false information. The area is more dangerous now than when we entered it. We destroyed a regime hated by our direct enemies, the jihadists, and created thousands of new recruits for them. This war has cost more than 3,000 American lives, thousands of seriously wounded, and hundreds of billions of dollars. We must have new leadership in the White House to ensure this never happens again.

Both Jefferson and Washington warned us about entangling ourselves in the affairs of other nations. Today, we have troops in 130 countries. We are spread so thin that we have too few troops defending America. And now, there are new calls for a draft of our young men and women.

We can continue to fund and fight no-win police actions around the globe, or we can refocus on securing America and bring the troops home. No war should ever be fought without a declaration of war voted upon by the Congress, as required by the Constitution. Yeah, he's going to call for another surge....

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah, he's going to call for another surge....

No, the political reality of the situation is what it is. All of
those running know that. And you should too.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2007, 03:37 PM
No, the political reality of the situation is what it is. All of
those running know that. And you should too.Yes, it is what it is -- meaning we will start drawing down next spring no matter what.

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Yes, it is what it is -- meaning we will start drawing down next spring no matter what.

Maybe. If you really believe that, then you could vote for
a Republican, right. You know just look at domestic issues.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Maybe.There's no maybe about it. There aren't enough troops to sustain a surge even if we anted to.
If you really believe that, then you could vote for
a Republican, right. You know just look at domestic issues.I could totally vote for Ron Paul. I have voted for Republicans every time I have voted, just not all of them.

If a candidate doesn't want to pull out of Iraq immediately, that is not a deal-breaker for me in the upcoming election. I'm just looking for competence and a real plan, something I never got from Bush and his administration.

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Will you please tell me what a real plan for fighting a war, except
victory. You want another Korea. Over 54 years we have been
there and we are still having problems. Is that you idea of a
real plan. VN was a total fiasco. Nothing was solved there, except
for the North, which executed their plan. Kill all that didn't comply
and "re-educate"everyone else. Now there is a plan.

clambake
10-05-2007, 03:53 PM
ray hates education?

ChumpDumper
10-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Will you please tell me what a real plan for fighting a war, except
victory.Would you please tell me what constitutes victory in Iraq and how that is to be achived?

You want another Korea. Over 54 years we have been
there and we are still having problems.This situation is nothing like Korea.

Is that you idea of a
real plan. VN was a total fiasco. Nothing was solved there, except
for the North, which executed their plan. Kill all that didn't comply
and "re-educate"everyone else. Now there is a plan.Well, we did kill a few million of them in the meantime and stalled the inevitable self-determination of their people. That's partly what we are doing in Iraq except it will end up three countries instead of just one.

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Would you please tell me what constitutes victory in Iraq and how that is to be achived?

This situation is nothing like Korea.

Well, we did kill a few million of them in the meantime and stalled the inevitable self-determination of their people. That's partly what we are doing in Iraq except it will end up three countries instead of just one.

Victory is what it says: Victory, we win, they lose. We
defeat them, we beat them till they no longer want to
oppose us. We stay the course and do not back off.

The situation is every bit like Korea, if we are to believe
the Dimm-o-craps. Korea was a civil war, Hello.......
North Korea versus South Korea. And China and Russia
was backing North Korea. Ever heard of AQ?

If we win, we will have established, hopefully, a true
democracy in the middle of a bunch of countries that
haven't experienced that in eons. Hopefully, it can bring
an end to corruption in those countries. Corruption is
what kills all democracies. Look South, Mexico, we,
the United States is paying dearly for corruption in Mexico.
We are fighting corruption as much as terrorism in
the ME. Look how it corrupted a Major in our Army right
here in deal of San Antonio.

We give up there. Then my fine young friends, we are
lost. Because we, the free, Christian world, will be fighting
on our own soil and insanely enough, politicians within
our own government who want to concede more and more
of our rights to those who will demand even more.
You cannot compromise with those that demand all.

clambake
10-05-2007, 04:22 PM
maybe they're pissed because we're trying to highjack their only resource.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Victory is what it says: Victory, we win, they lose. We
defeat them, we beat them till they no longer want to
oppose us. We stay the course and do not back off. We are backing off in the spring.

There goes that plan.

xrayzebra
10-05-2007, 04:36 PM
maybe they're pissed because we're trying to highjack their only resource.

Really! At 80 bucks a barrel I hardly find that a
hijacking. You know if we really wanted to take some one's
oil, the real simple thing to do is just invade Mexico. They
have no Army and most of them would rather be part of
the U.S. to begin with. And they have lots of oil left to
take. Of course the environmentalist would try to stop the
drilling there to and then bitch because we have no
energy plan.....

clambake
10-05-2007, 04:43 PM
it's about quantity ray. they can put any price they want on it. oil is sold by the US dollar standard, even though the ME has it's own local currency. the house of saud are the ones that have commited to selling oil by this standard and they have the power in OPEC. It's about quantity and who owns the locals