PDA

View Full Version : Bartman to go to Game 2???

tsb2000
10-04-2007, 05:26 PM
If this is true, it's too cool! :spin

Is Bartman coming to the game tonight? (http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/BobYoung)

Whisky Dog
10-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Poor Bartman. The Cubs were going to fuck it all up anyway even if he didn't catch that ball. I'm convinced Alou would have dropped that fucker anyway. He should have become a White Sox fan and then rub the WS victory in 2005 into the face of every Cub fan.

Spurminator
10-04-2007, 05:47 PM
That whole thing almost made me give up watching sports altogether. I couldn't believe how vicious and irrational people could get over a fucking game... And it wasn't like that was the only play that affected the Cubs' collapse. Dusty Baker even contributed to the overreaction in his post game comments.

Holt's Cat
10-04-2007, 06:12 PM
He does make for a good scapegoat. If you aren't good enough to get over missing out on one potential out you aren't that good.

midgetonadonkey
10-04-2007, 06:58 PM
That whole thing almost made me give up watching sports altogether. I couldn't believe how vicious and irrational people could get over a fucking game... And it wasn't like that was the only play that affected the Cubs' collapse. Dusty Baker even contributed to the overreaction in his post game comments.

The error by the shortstop right after that, I forgot who played short, was a bigger play than the Bartman play.

MajorMike
10-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Typical scrubbie fans. They CAN'T be that bad; has to be someone else's fault.

midgetonadonkey
10-04-2007, 07:34 PM
It's the Billy Goat's fault.

T Park
10-05-2007, 01:32 AM
Only team's fans that I know of that blame their losing on a trash eating animal.

K-State Spur
10-05-2007, 01:51 AM
Typical scrubbie fans. They CAN'T be that bad; has to be someone else's fault.

says a man whose fellow fans still send don denkinger death threats.

that said, the attitude that some cub fans have towards bartman is ridiculous and sometimes sickening.

SrA Husker
10-05-2007, 07:54 AM
says a man whose fellow fans still send don denkinger death threats.

that said, the attitude that some cub fans have towards bartman is ridiculous and sometimes sickening.

As the resident Cubs fan, I think it's safe to say that most of the resentment towards Bartman is actually from non-cubs fans keeping the story alive. I know myself, and everyone else I've met, has moved on and hate that any time the Cubs are mentioned on national tv, that play gets replayed thousands of times over.

K-State Spur
10-05-2007, 08:51 AM
and as much grief as he got when it happened - alex gonzalez, mark prior, and dusty baker had a lot more to do with it.

Spurminator
10-05-2007, 09:06 AM
As the resident Cubs fan, I think it's safe to say that most of the resentment towards Bartman is actually from non-cubs fans keeping the story alive. I know myself, and everyone else I've met, has moved on and hate that any time the Cubs are mentioned on national tv, that play gets replayed thousands of times over.

That's good to hear, and I agree the reaction in the following days was every bit as ridiculous by the national media, who were salivating with the idea of having a new "Bill Buckner play."

Dro210
10-09-2007, 06:13 AM
The error by the shortstop right after that, I forgot who played short, was a bigger play than the Bartman play.

Alex Gonzalez, I believe...

and indeed it was, talk about being let off the hook