PDA

View Full Version : Deal or No Deal: Lil' Penny?

senorglory
10-04-2007, 08:34 PM
This strikes me as a rather galling statement coming from Penny Hardaway, considering that he was paid $44 million over the last 3 years but only played 41 games:

"I don't have the wear-and-tear or the mileage of a normal 13-year veteran in this league, who plays every day and goes to the playoffs every year," Hardaway said. "That definitely saved my body, not being in too many games over the last five years."

True, true. Penny doesn't have the wear-and-tear of having played day in and day out... because he never takes the court-- he's always "injured." And also true, no wear-and-tear caused by deep playoff runs... because his teams perennially underachieve-- his teams don't make the playoffs.

Well, regardless, why shouldn't the Heat take a chance on Penny? and do they even risk anything at all?

yourcheatinheart
10-04-2007, 08:56 PM
This strikes me as a rather galling statement coming from Penny Hardaway, considering that he was paid $44 million over the last 3 years but only played 41 games:

"I don't have the wear-and-tear or the mileage of a normal 13-year veteran in this league, who plays every day and goes to the playoffs every year," Hardaway said. "That definitely saved my body, not being in too many games over the last five years."

True, true. Penny doesn't have the wear-and-tear of having played day in and day out... because he never takes the court-- he's always "injured." And also true, no wear-and-tear caused by deep playoff runs... because his teams perennially underachieve-- his teams don't make the playoffs.

Well, regardless, why shouldn't the Heat take a chance on Penny? and do they even risk anything at all?

:lol i can see denial isn't just a river in egypt.

jman3000
10-04-2007, 11:28 PM
of course he has wear and tear... maybe not from an endurance point of view... but certaintly a physical one from all the damage his body has sustained and recovered from.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-05-2007, 10:03 AM
of course he has wear and tear... maybe not from an endurance point of view... but certaintly a physical one from all the damage his body has sustained and recovered from.
Exactly. I forget where who said it, but I remember some saying they'll take someone with "wear and tear" over "tear and repair" any day of the week.

O-Factor
10-05-2007, 10:14 AM
http://www.supersonicsoul.com/uploaded_images/lil2-700582.jpg

senorglory
10-08-2007, 05:22 PM
take someone with "wear and tear" over "tear and repair" any day of the week.

Good answer.

FromWayDowntown
10-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Is this about the guy who's always injured? or is it about the puppet?

I think only the latter is called "Lil' Penny."

jman3000
10-08-2007, 06:52 PM
either way... i think lil penny has a bit more durability.

Brutalis
10-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Penny and Grant such sad stories. At least Hill came back and showed he still had skills left. KGJr would have been the best baseball player of all time if injuries wouldn't have killed it.

Thinking about it makes me miss being 12 and in the 90s.

Dro210
10-09-2007, 06:28 AM
Penny and Grant such sad stories. At least Hill came back and showed he still had skills left. KGJr would have been the best baseball player of all time if injuries wouldn't have killed it.

Thinking about it makes me miss being 12 and in the 90s.

For real.... Junior was THEE shit