PDA

View Full Version : soo....fathers out there....i'm expecing my first..

blizz
10-04-2007, 09:08 PM
we're expecting our first.....what's it like? what can i look forward to?

midgetonadonkey
10-04-2007, 09:14 PM
what's it like? what can i look forward to?

Spending a lot of money on bullshit like diapers, formula, baby wipes and other dumb shit your chick wants.

Vinnie_Johnson
10-04-2007, 09:14 PM
what's it like? what can i look forward to?

You can look forward to so much. Congrats my wife is due today with our 4th and final that is.
:toast

drunkendan
10-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Best feeling in the world. I've been a father for about 9 months and it's great. Only bad thing is the lack of sleep for the first couple of months. Thats how long it took my daughter to sleep through the night(every kid is different). Other than that, it is awesome. It seems like my daughter is doing something new every single day.

drunkendan
10-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Spending a lot of money on bullshit like diapers, formula, baby wipes and other dumb shit your chick wants.

Oh yeah and spending a ton of money after your kid outgrows all the baby shower gifts. A big can of formula costs about $25 and it only lasts about two weeks

Vinnie_Johnson
10-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Oh yeah and spending a ton of money after your kid outgrows all the baby shower gifts. A big can of formula costs about $25 and it only lasts about two weeks

Have her breast feed it's free.

blizz
10-04-2007, 09:19 PM
sounds like fun :D

marini martini
10-04-2007, 09:29 PM
You all of a sudden know that there is a God. Breast feed, she will lose the baby weight. Let the baby sleep in your bed, you will sleep alot better. This will be the best time of your life :toast

Twisted_Dawg
10-04-2007, 09:33 PM

And the titty fairy visits too!

drunkendan
10-04-2007, 11:26 PM

Breast feeding isn't that easy for everyone.

marini martini
10-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Corso says Corso put the baby in another room so Corso and Mrs. Corso could get some action Corso

Fuck the action 'till the kid is at least 3 :lol :toast :lol

Slydragon
10-05-2007, 12:09 AM
My daughters mom left when she was 3 months, I hardly slept at night because it was no longer taking turns and at work would always fall asleep on my break, and her stupid mom took the bed so she slept on the couch with me for like 5 months with half my ass hanging on the floor. I also bus it to work with her and my mom would pick her up from there because it was closer for her.

I think back on it now, I would take her on the bus with the sling thing on and look like a dork but it made carrying her and her diaper bag more easy. I would not trade it for the world.

Enjoy it, and take lots of videos. My girl is going to be 6 this month and I was going threw tapes when she was 1-2 years and think, wow time flew by and I want another one, loved it. Kinda hard tho as I have been single since her mom left. Shes lucky to see her mom once a year now.

SequSpur
10-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Congrats.... NOW RUN!!!!

nsrammstein
10-05-2007, 02:20 AM
I've been a dad for 14 years....the first 2 years you can expect pretty much hell as you have to spend money on diapers, baby formula, and if the baby is sick you are going to have to take days off work to take him/her to a doctor...I'm not done you can expect to get about 4-5 hours of sleep as you will wake up at 4am to the sound of a cry...yes the baby is hungry and you are going to have to go make a bottle, by the way change the his/her diaper while you're at it.

Bigzax
10-05-2007, 06:59 AM
Congrats! My son is the joy of my life. You are blessed!

blizz
10-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Thanks everyone. We found out we're having a little girl. I'm really psyched. There's something special about little girls I hear.

Sunshine
10-05-2007, 07:18 AM
I'll wait until you start a thread asking mothers for advice before chiming in.

:D

sa_butta
10-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Congrats, its a whole new feeling. You will have a whole new outlook on your life.

peewee's lovechild
10-05-2007, 08:22 AM
Mine is due at the end of December.

BigBeezie
10-05-2007, 08:24 AM
My first child is due in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait!!!

florige
10-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Mine is due at the end of December.

Man! You found and hooked up with Scarlett quick homie! :hat

peewee's lovechild
10-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Man! You found and hooked up with Scarlett quick homie! :hat

LOL!!
God damn, I wish.

But, my little girl comes to this world in December.

florige
10-05-2007, 08:31 AM
LOL!!
God damn, I wish.

But, my little girl comes to this world in December.

Cool! :toast

BacktoBasics
10-05-2007, 08:41 AM
My son is almost two and if it can kill him or hurt him or hurt someone else he's into it. We're at that wonderful stage where he doesn't like it when other people talk to each other and not him so he'll butt in and you find yourself screaming just to get someone to pass the fucking ketchup.

Each and everyday I step on something new and squishy no matter how often I vacuum. The best part is when he shoves his hand in his pants to explore his shitter and when you aren't looking he'll smear it in a place you least expect.

I'm exhausted and could use a night out but since he's a holy terror we can't seem to find a family member willing to pick up the phone when we call for a sitter. You'll learn to have sex as quickly as possible in the strangest places so you don't wake him up.

Otherwise parenthood is grand.

leemajors
10-05-2007, 09:19 AM
my daughter is two and a half. the first few months were rough for me, but as soon as she started smiling it was all worth it. since she was 9 months old she has been sleeping at least 9.5-12 hours a night. she's making progress in potty training, and is a pleasure to be with almost all the time. she behaves wonderfully in restaurants, saving her fits for at home. we are very lucky.

ploto
10-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Some men who you think will make wonderful fathers, sometimes turn out to be too selfish and self-centered, and some men who are crazy and wild turn into the most amazing fathers there are when that baby is born.

Oh, Gee!!
10-05-2007, 09:45 AM
expect your child to look like an outer space alien (or pre-historic lizard) for the first few weeks

Jimcs50
10-05-2007, 09:47 AM
It is the greatest feeling in the world. I have been in love with my boy since he was born, and he is my greatest achievement. He is now 16 and I wonder where the time has gone. He is the perfect son, and I could not be more happy with the way he has turned out. But is is not by accident that he is the way he is.

My wife and I are great parents and you have to be wonderful parents in order to have wonderful kids for the most part.

Enjoy them,take the time to appriciate every stage of their childhood, love them and respect them, do not push them away when they cling on to you and "bother" you when you are doing something, the time will come too quickly when those little arms that tug, won't ask for you to hold them
or won't freely give a hug. The day will sneak up subtly just as it did with me, when you can't recall the last time that your child sat on your knee.

Remember what all parents learn so many times too late, that years go by too quickly and that childhood doesn't wait.

Congrats to you and good luck.

sa_butta
10-05-2007, 09:55 AM
my daughter is two and a half. the first few months were rough for me, but as soon as she started smiling it was all worth it. since she was 9 months old she has been sleeping at least 9.5-12 hours a night. she's making progress in potty training, and is a pleasure to be with almost all the time. she behaves wonderfully in restaurants, saving her fits for at home. we are very lucky.If your having trouble in the potty training dept. try just throwing her in underpants. When we made the switch to underwear my daughter started telling us when she had to go and has only had two accidents since. She turns three on the 26th of this month.

Soul_Patch
10-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Our boy is due in early February.

im really excited about it.

BacktoBasics
10-05-2007, 10:09 AM

im really excited about it.You'll feel like a million bucks the first time you see a nice tight spiral with the mini ball.

leemajors
10-05-2007, 10:17 AM
If your having trouble in the potty training dept. try just throwing her in underpants. When we made the switch to underwear my daughter started telling us when she had to go and has only had two accidents since. She turns three on the 26th of this month.
she actually does fine naked, runs to the potty. for whatever reason, when she has something on she is more accident prone.

blizz
10-05-2007, 10:32 AM

we're due in late feb. i wanted a girl but then got used to the idea of having a boy....so when we found out it was a nice surprise. my brother has two girls so the race is on for the first boy.

peewee's lovechild
10-05-2007, 10:50 AM

Just keep your boy away from my girl.

LuvBones
10-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Congrats blizz! I know you're going to be a great father! :)

tlongII
10-05-2007, 01:45 PM
It is the greatest feeling in the world. I have been in love with my boy since he was born, and he is my greatest achievement. He is now 16 and I wonder where the time has gone. He is the perfect son, and I could not be more happy with the way he has turned out. But is is not by accident that he is the way he is.

My wife and I are great parents and you have to be wonderful parents in order to have wonderful kids for the most part.

Enjoy them,take the time to appriciate every stage of their childhood, love them and respect them, do not push them away when they cling on to you and "bother" you when you are doing something, the time will come too quickly when those little arms that tug, won't ask for you to hold them
or won't freely give a hug. The day will sneak up subtly just as it did with me, when you can't recall the last time that your child sat on your knee.

Remember what all parents learn so many times too late, that years go by too quickly and that childhood doesn't wait.

Congrats to you and good luck.

What? No love for your daughter? :lol

blizz
10-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Congrats blizz! I know you're going to be a great father! :)
thanks hot stuff

JoeChalupa
10-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Fatherhood rocks!!!! Congrats!! Nothing can compare to it. :tu

Faccia di Angelo
10-06-2007, 01:57 PM
awww daddy blizz...has a nice ring to it :spin

I don't have any kids of my own but I've worked with them for the past ten years and I can guarantee you they will keep you busy. I see how my parents are always scrambling around and venting to us about how crazy it is, but I can also say that there's no feeling like holding one of those precious bundles in your arms and having them smile at you when the world feels like its crashing down. It honestly makes everything feel better. At least for me it does. I can't wait to have one of my own one day.
I've already told you I think you'll make a wonderful father. You're gonna spoil that little girl lol Congrats Blizz. I wish you and the familia all the best.

blizz
10-06-2007, 02:03 PM
awww daddy blizz...has a nice ring to it :spin

I don't have any kids of my own but I've worked with them for the past ten years and I can guarantee you they will keep you busy. I see how my parents are always scrambling around and venting to us about how crazy it is, but I can also say that there's no feeling like holding one of those precious bundles in your arms and having them smile at you when the world feels like its crashing down. It honestly makes everything feel better. At least for me it does. I can't wait to have one of my own one day.
I've already told you I think you'll make a wonderful father. You're gonna spoil that little girl lol Congrats Blizz. I wish you and the familia all the best.

awwww.....come here

leemajors
10-15-2007, 11:10 AM
If your having trouble in the potty training dept. try just throwing her in underpants. When we made the switch to underwear my daughter started telling us when she had to go and has only had two accidents since. She turns three on the 26th of this month.
lo and behold, all of a sudden she got it. accident free for a week now!~ :clap

Barbarian
10-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Expect to spend a shit load of money on crap that will be used ten minutes a day. (crib, bouncer, swing, high chair,etc...)

Ballcox
10-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Well, I've got 4yr. old twins and a 14 yr. old daughter and it's a ton of hard work.

What I try to keep in mind is that it's a self-less venture. I don't expect to get a pat on the back, have someone notice what a great parent I've been, clap for me.....whatever. I'm just trying to put forth as much time and energy as I can for the benefit of my kids, and hopefully they'll be better off for it. If I do get a thanks from them later on, that would be great-but it's not a day I give much thought to at all.

The other part of being a father, at least for me, is that you get to fall in love with this person you've never met before. I mean, you look at them when they pop out and you know they're YOUR responsibility and you do love them unconditionally.

But as they grow up and develop their own personalities I just find myself falling more and more in love with them every day. And man, is it hard to let them have more independence-more freedom to become the person(s) they will become, you're just so emotionally invested in them and want to watch out for them ALL the time. It's a tough process, but one that has provided more meaning to my life than I ever could have imagined.

mookie2001
10-15-2007, 06:25 PM
seems like just yesterday jim bought his son his first tahoe

blizz
10-15-2007, 10:51 PM
thanks again...i really just can't wait...it's gonna be fun.

marini martini
10-15-2007, 11:07 PM
:down: :down:
Well, I've got 4yr. old twins and a 14 yr. old daughter and it's a ton of hard work.

What I try to keep in mind is that it's a self-less venture. I don't expect to get a pat on the back, have someone notice what a great parent I've been, clap for me.....whatever. I'm just trying to put forth as much time and energy as I can for the benefit of my kids, and hopefully they'll be better off for it. If I do get a thanks from them later on, that would be great-but it's not a day I give much thought to at all.

The other part of being a father, at least for me, is that you get to fall in love with this person you've never met before. I mean, you look at them when they pop out and you know they're YOUR responsibility and you do love them unconditionally.

But as they grow up and develop their own personalities I just find myself falling more and more in love with them every day. And man, is it hard to let them have more independence-more freedom to become the person(s) they will become, you're just so emotionally invested in them and want to watch out for them ALL the time. It's a tough process, but one that has provided more meaning to my life than I ever could have imagined. :cry :cry :cry