PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here own a PS3??

florige
10-05-2007, 08:59 AM
I have to upgrade. I bought 2k8 for the PS2 and I can't take it anymore. I really want a PS3, but I don;t know anyone who has one. I'm not trying to go out and spend $500 when I can get a 360 for $350. I'm just wondering if anyone here has a PS3, and how are the sports games for it? Either way I getting one or the other this weekend.

Xolotl
10-05-2007, 09:31 AM
I have to upgrade. I bought 2k8 for the PS2 and I can't take it anymore. I really want a PS3, but I don;t know anyone who has one. I'm not trying to go out and spend $500 when I can get a 360 for $350. I'm just wondering if anyone here has a PS3, and how are the sports games for it? Either way I getting one or the other this weekend.

Honestly bro I would hold off if you're trying to decide between one or the other. There was a press release on the 1st Oct that the FCC has a new SKU from Sony and the rumor is that it's a $399 PS3 with better bluetooth, and possibly a Dual Shock 3 controller. It's all rumor but within the next few weeks we should know whats happening.

So its kinda a gamble do you want an Xbox now with great games, or a PS3 with a sub-par library (but within the next year should be great) and the possibility of announcing a $399 version. I mean hell if thats true you can buy both and it'd still be cheaper than the current PS3 lol

florige
10-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Honestly bro I would hold off if you're trying to decide between one or the other. There was a press release on the 1st Oct that the FCC has a new SKU from Sony and the rumor is that it's a $399 PS3 with better bluetooth, and possibly a Dual Shock 3 controller. It's all rumor but within the next few weeks we should know whats happening.

So its kinda a gamble do you want an Xbox now with great games, or a PS3 with a sub-par library (but within the next year should be great) and the possibility of announcing a $399 version. I mean hell if thats true you can buy both and it'd still be cheaper than the current PS3 lol

I mean as long as they have MAdden and all the Sports games I would go with the PS3. So thats the only knock on the PS3 right now is the game library and the price really?

DarkReign
10-05-2007, 10:49 AM
No. Nor will I until late 2008.

The PS3 doesnt have one killer-app that isnt available on 360. Until they get some exclusive titles that I have to have, PS3 is an afterthought.

KEDA
10-05-2007, 11:08 AM
The PS3 is still the cheapest Blu-Ray player on the market, I will be purchasing one soon, just for that purpose.

Medvedenko
10-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Yeah,
So thats the only knock on the PS3 right now is the game library and the price really?

The only knock...that's the most important thing when it comes to gaming...games and prices of the system they play on. I own a 360 and had it since day 1...am I a fanboy, maybe, but until PS3 has games that I want to play, it's going to be hard for me to buy one....now with that being said the PS3 is a great system and once they get settled with some exclusives they'll be allright. Oh, and Halo 3 is pretty dope....

Slomo
10-05-2007, 01:39 PM
The PS3 is still the cheapest Blu-Ray player on the market, I will be purchasing one soon, just for that purpose.That is the reason I bought mine and I'm glad i did. Watching movies in HD is something I wanted for a long time.

I have exactly 1 game for the PS3 and I played it a for about 20 min. I guess I'm reall not the right person to answer your question :lol

Cry Havoc
10-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Right now, unless you are looking for a Blu-Ray player, there is very little reason to own a PS3 as a gamer.

The Wii and 360 both have titles that are miles ahead of anything Sony has offered yet. The Wii is probably the most accessible system (handy if you have friends who are non-gamers but want to try something fun) and has a great young list of titles. The 360 is currently the best all-around gaming system on the market right now. The sports titles are being reported as better in every case, as the Ps3 has widespread framerate issues or aliasing problems.

Keep in mind, I say this as a Wii owner and an avid Nintendo fan. The console from Microsoft is the one to own right now. The Wii has shown it has almost unimaginable appeal (completely silent, TINY, by far the most attractive of the 3 systems), and it has a host of solid games, but the 360 is brilliant. The list of stellar titles is growing for them by the day, and most importantly, the ONLINE experience is something that Sony isn't even trying to compete with.

If I was buying a system to drink with and have a few friends over to chill and have a competitive time, Wii would be my choice. If I was looking into a system with a bunch of hardcore gamers and sports fans, I have to say that the 360 is bank right now.

E20
10-05-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm gonna wait until PS3 is ~200-300 and wait for exclusives like:
MGS4
DMC 4
God of War 3
Insert random kick ass action/adventure game.

Slydragon
10-05-2007, 02:25 PM
I have all 3 and my Xbox gets more play time than both the Wii and Ps3 do combined. If you want to play the games online, Xbox should be what you get.

I got the Ps3 for 1 game, Socom. Just need it to come out now.

florige
10-05-2007, 02:48 PM
That is the reason I bought mine and I'm glad i did. Watching movies in HD is something I wanted for a long time.

I have exactly 1 game for the PS3 and I played it a for about 20 min. I guess I'm reall not the right person to answer your question :lol

Im almost in the same boat as you are. I don;t play the role playing games because I start feeling woozy. I really only would buy it for the sports games and maybe some race car games. I'm a movie fanatic so the blue ray would probably serve me well.

dirk4mvp
10-05-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm gonna wait until PS3 is ~200-300 and wait for exclusives like:
MGS4
DMC 4
God of War 3
Insert random kick ass action/adventure game.

DMC 4 is on the 360 also.

hater
10-05-2007, 05:00 PM
I got one. I'm loving it

I been playing oblivion + ninja gaiden like a madman.

I also watched some blu ray movies. I am not regretting it.

I also played demo of EA NBA and gran turismo. both are sick

E20
10-05-2007, 05:20 PM
DMC 4 is on the 360 also.
When you say DMC 4, are you referring to Devil May Cry 4, because there are other games that use the acronym DMC.

dirk4mvp
10-05-2007, 05:21 PM
When you say DMC 4, are you referring to Devil May Cry 4, because there are other games that use the acronym DMC.

Oh well I thought you were talking about Devil May Cry 4. What other game worth playing has the acronym DMC?

E20
10-05-2007, 05:23 PM
So, now am I confused, Devil May Cry 4 will be on PS3 and 360, yes or no? :lol

dirk4mvp
10-05-2007, 05:25 PM
yes

http://media.ign.com/games/image/object/894/894664/dmc4_x360_box_front_rpboxart_160w.jpg

E20
10-05-2007, 05:59 PM
I hope it's on par with the orginial. The 2nd and third sucked pretty bad. They made the 1st one way too good.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-05-2007, 06:30 PM
If Madden is a big deal for you i'd suggest no... Madden on PS3 is terrible, it's really glitchy

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-05-2007, 07:04 PM
There's something funny about someone saying to buy a game console, and that the only knock on it is it's subpar game library.

That's like buying a gun that has no bullets around for it, or a car that runs on a special type of fuel that doesn't exist.

E20
10-05-2007, 07:56 PM
There's something funny about someone saying to buy a game console, and that the only knock on it is it's subpar game library.

That's like buying a gun that has no bullets around for it, or a car that runs on a special type of fuel that doesn't exist.
Are you talking about the orginial X-Box? :p: :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-05-2007, 07:57 PM
The original Xbox was indeed quite limited in its game library. But they're making it up (with interest) on the 360.

E20
10-05-2007, 08:02 PM
I myself am a Playstation fanboy, but I have to admit so far teh PS3 has stunk pretty badly and the 360 seems far better; it's probably gonna be like the PS2 and Xbox outcome except roles reversed. PS3 will have better hardware, but have shitty software, and vice versa for 360. I guess it took one console for Microsoft to find a niche in the gaming industry.

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Get a 360 now and put some aside to get a PS3 next fall when it actually has some decent games coming out for it. It will probably be cheaper by that time as well.

florige
10-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Get a 360 now and put some aside to get a PS3 next fall when it actually has some decent games coming out for it. It will probably be cheaper by that time as well.

Yep, thats probably what I will wind up doing.

florige
10-06-2007, 11:02 AM
If Madden is a big deal for you i'd suggest no... Madden on PS3 is terrible, it's really glitchy

Bingo, thats all I needed to hear.. Thanks...

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-06-2007, 01:49 PM
I myself am a Playstation fanboy, but I have to admit so far teh PS3 has stunk pretty badly and the 360 seems far better; it's probably gonna be like the PS2 and Xbox outcome except roles reversed. PS3 will have better hardware, but have shitty software, and vice versa for 360. I guess it took one console for Microsoft to find a niche in the gaming industry.

I think in 5 years the PS3 will probably be better... but for now I agree

Cry Havoc
10-06-2007, 07:43 PM
buy some books :tu

on another note

the wii sucks

HARD.

i've had every nintendo console...and then played the wii, at a party setting, while drinking

and it's just not fun

You might have a hard time convincing the 12 million + owners who are almost unanimously saying it's the best party system ever.

Seriously, how about you stop stating your opinion as a fact? :rolleyes

greywheel
10-06-2007, 08:22 PM
I own the Wii, it doesn't suck.
I have also owned every Nintendo console, well except for the Virtual Boy. I played with the Virtual Boy and that system did suck.

baseline bum
10-06-2007, 08:29 PM

Yeah, just look at the Gameboy. That thing was crap compared to the Game Gear and the Lynx, but it had better games, and destroyed every (superior) system that ever tried to compete with it because of that.