PDA

View Full Version : How come Nbadan never posts in the basketball forum?

whottt
12-17-2004, 11:21 AM
For a guy who calls himself Nbadan, he doesn't seem that interested in the Nba.

Dan let's see some basketball takes...you lost the political war :elephant.. time to move on.

Seriously, I am curious to read some of your basketball takes, should the Spurs sign Malone, retire AJ's jersey, is Pop scrwing Barry over...etc.

I don't even see you over at the dominion anymore, and the last time I saw you in the Nbaforum over here was early last year when you were ripping the Spurs for not signing Jax.

And BTW, are you a Spurfan or not?(You are not IIRC) I assume you live in SA...

NeoConIV
12-17-2004, 11:26 AM
No shit, I'd love a good NBA conspiracy theory or two. Is David Stern in cahoots with Halliburton?

Useruser666
12-17-2004, 11:27 AM
He posted some links to some board that has his basketball takes. I don't know which thread or how recent they were though. I wish he would answer the questions I posed to him. He just takes a few shots here and then is gone in a puff of smoke.

whottt
12-17-2004, 11:31 AM
He posted some links to some board that has his basketball takes. I don't know which thread or how recent they were though. I wish he would answer the questions I posed to him. He just takes a few shots here and then is gone in a puff of smoke.

Spurs Dominion? I haven't seen any new posts by him over there in a long time.

Useruser666
12-17-2004, 11:33 AM
I can't find where he posted them. He might have edited them out by now.

nbaDan = conspiracyDan

Nbadan
12-17-2004, 02:47 PM
For a guy who calls himself Nbadan, he doesn't seem that interested in the Nba.

Dan let's see some basketball takes...you lost the political war :elephant.. time to move on.

Seriously, I am curious to read some of your basketball takes, should the Spurs sign Malone, retire AJ's jersey, is Pop scrwing Barry over...etc.

I don't even see you over at the dominion anymore, and the last time I saw you in the Nbaforum over here was early last year when you were ripping the Spurs for not signing Jax.

And BTW, are you a Spurfan or not?(You are not IIRC) I assume you live in SA...

I'm still very interested in the NBA, especially the reappearance of Grant Hill which I think is nothing short of a miracle considering he could hardly walk about a year ago.

I don't think I lost anything by supporting John Kerry, in fact, I think history will eventually show that he did win the election and were it not for outright fraud by the current administration, he would be President today and the U.S. would be much closer to getting the hell out of Iraq.

The Spurs should not sign Malone, although I will concede that Malone could be the difference maker for the right team, say Detriot, Phoenix, or maybe even Miami, still, the Spurs have good chemistry going and if figures to only get better as the season wears on. I can't wait to see what kinda streak they go on in Feb-Mar.

The Spurs should definitely retire AJ's Jersey. It's painfully clear that AJ was a much better PG and team leader than some Spur fans will ever give him credit for and a big reason the Spurs won their first NBA Championship.

I've always said that with the demise of Shaq, the Spurs, with Tim Duncan, were poised to become the premiere team in the league and now that seems to be coming to pass. As long as Tim stays healthy, the Spurs should win 5-6 of the next 10 NBA Championships. I can see where eventually the Spurs could also retire Tim, Manu, and Tony Parkers numbers.

In the past, I was always criticle of POP, not because I didn't think he has a good team-building phylosophy, but because I didn't think he did a good job of delegating coaching responsibilities, especially offensive play calling which I thought was POP's worst characteristic, but watching the Spurs today I think Pop has either gotten better at play calling, or he has learned not to be such a control freak all the time.

Far as I know, John Barry was brought in to stretch-out the floor, if he's in a slump, which does happen to shooters from time to time, especially those that haven't found their 'spots' with new teams, then he's not helping the team much. It also doesn't help the Devin Brown has been scoring well and has also developed into a decent perimeter defender.

I am not so much a Spurs fan as much as a NBA fan, even though I think the team has done a great job bringing in a group of players with good character, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to believe and learn POP's system, and it all starts with Tim Duncan who has stood behind the decisions of the organization has made the whole way.

I still love the Spurs Dominion, Cleve, and Savory, but it's hard to pretend that I can be interested in something so whimsickle as basketball when our troops are putting themselves in harms way in Afghanistan and Iraq, our federal deficit threathen my and your families economic existence, and I believe this country is at a diplomatic cross-roads that will forever change the way we as Americans, and our country, are perceived around the world.

I live in SA 9 months out of the year.

MosesGuthrie
12-17-2004, 02:59 PM
John Barry

maybe Brent Barry?

SpursWoman
12-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Far as I know, John Barry

It's Brent. ;)

whottt
12-17-2004, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the answers Dan.

Useruser666
12-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Ok you shot your wad about the Spurs, but you never answered my questions about 9/11. You brought it up, so finish it.

I think your posts about politics are "whimsickle" yet I still respond to questions which are raised by the statement I make.

NeoConIV
12-17-2004, 04:18 PM
I think his takes on Tony Duncan and Tim Parker are spot on...

JohnnyMarzetti
12-17-2004, 04:22 PM
politics are whimsickle

NeoConIV
12-17-2004, 04:27 PM
You can't spell whimsical either?

Useruser666
12-17-2004, 04:51 PM
You can't spell whimsical either?

I cut and pasted it from Dan's own post.

JohnnyMarzetti
12-17-2004, 04:55 PM
It's a joke you numb skull!!!!

NeoConIV
12-17-2004, 04:57 PM
Dan said basketball is whimsical against the current backdrop, it really looked like you were telling Dan that politics is whimsical...

Didn't realize you were misspelling again intentionally...

Not that it matters or anything...it's Friday.

Useruser666
12-17-2004, 05:32 PM
Ctrl C then Ctrl V!

Damnit I still want Dan to answer my orginal question! What does he think happened on 9/11. Do they not have internet access at that place you're at 3 months of the year?

Nbadan
12-19-2004, 06:03 AM
Damnit I still want Dan to answer my orginal question! What does he think happened on 9/11. Do they not have internet access at that place you're at 3 months of the year?

:lol

Maybe someday there will be a forum for this sort of topic.

Useruser666
12-19-2004, 12:19 PM
:lol

Maybe someday there will be a forum for this sort of topic.

This is exactly like you Dan. You start something you can't finish.