PDA

View Full Version : Man kills self in front of City Council after zoning decision

Viva Las Espuelas
10-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Bud Dwyer flashbacks. Someone must find this video. I'm at work and really can't surf for it now. Must see. City council meetings are always recorded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Man kills self in front of City Council after zoning decision

CLARKSVILLE, Tennessee (AP) -- A business owner shot and killed himself during a City Council meeting Thursday night after members voted against his request to rezone his property, witnesses said.

Mayor Johnny Piper, third from left, talks with City Council members and others outside City Hall

http://www.cnn.com/.element/img/2.0/mosaic/base_skins/baseplate/corner_wire_BL.gif

Ronald "Bo" Ward, owner of Bo's Barber Shop, had told the council his business would go under if he couldn't get his home rezoned as commercial. After the 5-7 vote Thursday night, Ward stood and walked toward the council.

"Y'all have put me under. ... I'm out of here," he said before shooting himself in the head with a small handgun.

Fire and police officials attending the meeting immediately ushered the audience of about 50 into the hallway, where several people were sobbing.

At least one police officer is always on duty during council meetings, officials said. However, visitors are not required to go through a metal detector or any other screening.

"When a gun gets whipped out like that, someone is going to get shot, but I didn't know who," Councilman Bill Summers said. "You could've been right next to him, and I don't think you could have stopped that."

Mayor Johnny Piper said Thursday's council meeting would be the last held in that room.

Ward had said the rezoning would increase his property value, allowing him to secure a loan to offset debt he incurred when he expanded his shop.

Ward was well known for supporting soldiers from the nearby Fort Campbell Army post and was once recognized by its former commander, Gen. David Petraeus. His barber shop was often visited by media reporting on the local economic impact of thousands of soldiers with the 101st Airborne Division being deployed to Iraq.

"He treated soldiers like his own children," said George Heath, a longtime patron of Bo's Barber Shop and the Fort Campbell public affairs officer.

"If a soldier came in and said he needed a haircut but didn't have any money, Bo would cut his hair and tell him to pay him when he could."

In 2004, Petraeus, sent Ward a postcard during the division's first deployment to Iraq, thanking him for keeping his shop open during the deployment and "giving haircuts to children of our families."
(http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/05/owner.suicide.ap/index.html#)

Pistons < Spurs
10-06-2007, 12:05 AM
[b][size=2]Bud Dwyer flashbacks. Someone must find this video.
What's wrong with you? Why would you want to watch that?

E20
10-06-2007, 12:08 AM
What's wrong with you? Why would you want to watch that?
So you're telling me when you watch a movie and when somebody gets shot you close your eyes and ears?

Zombie
10-06-2007, 12:22 AM
So you're telling me when you watch a movie and when somebody gets shot you close your eyes and ears?
Not when it's you!
:clap

Viva Las Espuelas
10-06-2007, 10:33 AM
What's wrong with you? Why would you want to watch that?i'm human. sorry, superhuman.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2007, 10:46 AM
According to the Clarksville paper, video of the meeting does exist (including the suicide).

They say they will not release it, but I reckon it'll hit the web eventually.

Hell, a FOIA might get its release.

exstatic
10-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Repeat after me: fake....real. fake....real. And no, I don't like to see suicides, even in a movie. You people are damaged.

blizz
10-06-2007, 12:05 PM

so you're telling me when you watch a movie and when somebody gets shot....you believe it's real?

E20
10-06-2007, 01:09 PM
In movies they looks real....................I know it's not real, but with the advancement of techonolgy in the film industry deaths look incredibly real. Can anybody of you tell the difference? In fact, the deaths people watch in horror films make this suicide look pussy.

Exstatic you're a pussy.
Zombie is a redneck, that's all that has to be said.
Blizz isn't up to date.

blizz
10-06-2007, 01:27 PM
In movies they looks real....................I know it's not real, but with the advancement of techonolgy in the film industry deaths look incredibly real. Can anybody of you tell the difference? In fact, the deaths people watch in horror films make this suicide look pussy.

Exstatic you're a pussy.
Blizz isn't up to date.

:donkey

exstatic
10-06-2007, 01:49 PM

Exstatic you're a pussy.
Blizz isn't up to date.
I'll bet your searching YouTube every day for the Cho video. Freak.

E20
10-06-2007, 02:03 PM
I'll bet your searching YouTube every day for the Cho video. Freak.
WTF is Cho? I don't normally go around searching for movies of people dying, but in today's age violence/killing is pretty much in the media everyday, so most people my age are used to seeing that kind of stuff through a camera without being affected. I'd probably be shaken up if I saw that incident right infront of me.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2007, 02:05 PM
I'd probably be shaken up if I saw that incident right infront of me.

Dwyer video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6686827830708949101 (NSFW)

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2007, 02:05 PM
WTF is Cho? .

http://www.cho-seung-hui.info/image/Cho_Seung-Hui_Gun.jpg

blizz
10-06-2007, 02:07 PM
holy shit....i can't believe no one did anything...that was just....wow...i'm speechless

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2007, 02:09 PM
holy shit....i can't believe no one did anything...that was just....wow...i'm speechless

What could they have done? It was pretty quick according to the Clarksville paper.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071005/NEWS01/710050372/1002/NEWS17

After Thursday's 5-7 vote was cast, Ward stood and walked steadily toward the council.

"Johnny (Piper), I know I can't speak," Ward said over the mayor, who was telling Ward the public comment period had ended.

"Y'all have put me under," Ward said, pulling out a small silver handgun. "I'm out of here."

A gunshot punctuated his sentence, and Ward fell at the feet of those sitting in the first row.

Ward appeared to have pulled the trigger with the gun in his mouth.

blizz
10-06-2007, 02:11 PM
it looked like there was enough time for someone to have tackled him...in THIS video that is..didn't think that was real at first so i kept watching...that's just absolutely horrific. i hope the people that wanted to see it so bad and didn't think they'd be affected by it have fun with this one.

exstatic
10-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Are you happy now, E20? Got that "death jones" satisfied?

exstatic
10-06-2007, 02:16 PM
it looked like there was enough time for someone to have tackled him...in THIS video that is..didn't think that was real at first so i kept watching...that's just absolutely horrific. i hope the people that wanted to see it so bad and didn't think they'd be affected by it have fun with this one.
blizz, I think they said that they didn't know what he was going to do with the gun...was he going to shoot everyone, or what?

E20
10-06-2007, 02:18 PM
What is a death jones? If your talking about JB's video, I didn't watch it LMAO.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2007, 02:20 PM

Oh, Dwyer... well, he was saying he might have been scared it'd go off on somebody else.

E20
10-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Watch the video, wasn't that bad. LMAO

Fillmoe
10-06-2007, 02:27 PM
It won't hit the web, just like the Steve Irwin video.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2007, 02:30 PM
It won't hit the web, just like the Steve Irwin video.

I think it just might.

As a video of a public meeting likely filmed with equipment purchased with public funds, I think a request for the video filed under FOIA (or whatever TN calls it) might be subject to release.

BacktoBasics
10-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Poor guy

timvp
10-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Instead of braining himself, how about upping the price of a hair cut to offset other costs?

Troll
10-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Until they release the video, some of you will just have to rent.............

http://www.itsonlyamovie.co.uk/NEWER%20COVERS/FACES%20OF%20DEATH%20UNCUT.jpg

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Instead of braining himself, how about upping the price of a hair cut to offset other costs?

It's a little late for that idea now, isn't it?

timvp
10-06-2007, 03:01 PM
It's a little late for that idea now, isn't it?

Ever heard of cryonics?

:hat

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Ever heard of cryonics?

:hat

In western Tennessee?

My reporter friends in Bristol, TN still don't have full cell phone service.

ChumpDumper
10-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Way to screw your family out of life insurance benefits, asshole.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-06-2007, 05:51 PM
I'll bet your searching YouTube every day for the Cho video. Freak.compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges

this guy killed himself. ching chong killed others.

Slydragon
10-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Until they release the video, some of you will just have to rent.............

http://www.itsonlyamovie.co.uk/NEWER%20COVERS/FACES%20OF%20DEATH%20UNCUT.jpg

Half the stuff in the 1st few was fake or remade to look real. it happen, just not on tape so they re did it on video like eating the monkey brains from the skull and a few others.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Dwyer video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6686827830708949101 (NSFW)Filter had their carreer thanks to good ol' Bud.

E20
10-06-2007, 06:44 PM
I can't stop watching the Bud Dwyer movie LMAO. I almost find it funny.

CuckingFunt
10-06-2007, 07:56 PM
I can't stop watching the Bud Dwyer movie LMAO. I almost find it funny.You're seriously fucked in the head.

And I say this as a huge fan of movies and video games that are incredibly violent.

lint
10-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Half the stuff in the 1st few was fake or remade to look real. it happen, just not on tape so they re did it on video like eating the monkey brains from the skull and a few others.

How did you get that info?

LuvBones
10-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Was that video for real? like the actual real thing??

ChumpDumper
10-06-2007, 08:22 PM
The Dwyer thing is real. I don't need to see it again.

CuckingFunt
10-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Was that video for real? like the actual real thing??The Dwyer one? Yeah.

I was a kid when it happened, and I still remember my mom pushing me away from the TV and then freaking out when they showed it on the news.

LuvBones
10-06-2007, 08:25 PM
O_O! If ya'll don't mind telling me.. what is the Dwyer story? and how were they able to show that video to everyone?

CuckingFunt
10-06-2007, 08:34 PM
O_O! If ya'll don't mind telling me.. what is the Dwyer story? and how were they able to show that video to everyone?I don't remember the details of the story, but the video was aired because it happened at a press conference. I know they showed part of the footage several times on the news, but I wasn't allowed to watch so I don't know how much they showed at the time.

E20
10-06-2007, 08:34 PM
O_O! If ya'll don't mind telling me.. what is the Dwyer story? and how were they able to show that video to everyone?
Check wikipedia. He's a Penn. Politician during a live news conference just pulls out a gun of nowhere and shoots himself, camera's got it and it was showed because it was live. I don't know why he killed himself, I guess he was gonna go to jail or something I don't know. But the amount of blood that comes out of his nose is pretty surreal.

LuvBones
10-06-2007, 08:36 PM
oh it was live..... wow. :(

Slydragon
10-06-2007, 09:13 PM
How did you get that info?

I had the DVD and it had a second segment with the makers and they said how they did it and what they used. They said basically everything they show is real "somewhere" they just tape it to show everyone.

Slydragon
10-06-2007, 09:16 PM
http://www.sptimes.com/News/102600/Weekend/Lifting_the_mask_from.shtml

Found a link on it.

blizz
10-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Check wikipedia. He's a Penn. Politician during a live news conference just pulls out a gun of nowhere and shoots himself, camera's got it and it was showed because it was live. I don't know why he killed himself, I guess he was gonna go to jail or something I don't know. But the amount of blood that comes out of his nose is pretty surreal.

actually, he pulled it out of a brown envelope...not out of nowhere...that's kind of impossible.

Samr
10-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Wikipedia on Budd Dwyer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bud_Dwyer)

Some of you were looking for the story; here it is.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-08-2007, 02:00 PM
i give it a week and this video will be leaked.